Les Miserable
Tgwu
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Leyton Orient  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 1:45 am

Fairplaytoall wrote:
Last Tuesdays match against Leyton Orient provoked a lot of comments and some fairly nasty and uncalled for remarks from both sets of fans. As an O's fan could I ask that we all move on? Our captain has been banned for six matches at a time when we desperately need him and your ball boy is ok. Orient and Kelly have now apologised.

Now is the time to move on and look forward. I would hope that those of you who hope we will get relegated or worse will also remember that just because we support different teams we all support the game. Orient are in real danger not only of being relegated but of  ceasing to exist because of our President and owner who should never have been allowed near a football cub in the first place.  In less than three years he has managed to see us drop from a Wembley play off final (where we lost out on penalties and failed to get promoted to the Championship )to second from bottom in the bottom division of league football.

Orient have a wonderful and rich history and we are the second oldest club in London. We need football fans from all over the country to help us. Until Tuesday I don't think there was any real hatred between our two clubs and I just hope that this can still be the case. I wish you well for the rest of the season, hope  you get promotion and that the only time we play you next season will be in a cup match when you are only one division above us.

These things happen. Players make all sorts of dunderheaded mistakes at all levels of the game and your fella was as dunderheaded as any and deserves his ban.

My problem with this, really, sits with the referee. He claimed not to have seen the incident. Well that doesn't ring true. I suppose he might have missed it but he has 2 linoes and a 4th official... They all missed it? No. I don't believe that for a moment.

The proper sanction would have been a red card there and then which would have been followed by a 3 game ban. Job done.

But then would your 10 men have scored twice to win the 3 points? We'll never know but I suspect not. You might have lost a player for 6 matches but you have 3 points you might not have and I think I'd probably take that on balance.

I couldn't care less if you go down or not because that misery will be inflicted on somebody else if it isn't you. Somebody has to go and as long as it isn't us I'm fairly neutral about who it is.

I'd hate to see you fold though. Good luck on that front and good luck in your dealings with your shithead owner.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 6:21 pm

I might have some sympathy with the 6 match ban until reading Webb's comments today, which more or less blaming Argyle for the length of the ban, well sod him and Orient
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 11:04 pm

tigertony wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Also two bad injuries means we're right up shit creek.  Season target should be revised down to 7th play-off spot.   Well done brent you've done it again.

You do the "Brent out" campaign no favours by blaming him for 2 injuries, FFS get your head out of your arse
Oh dear how very Nool, when the Tiger has removed his tongue from your bottom he will be outraged that you cant accept that Freathy's opinion is different to yours.
Same as you can't accept that anyone's opinion is different to yours - very Noolesque!! Anyway - why would my tongue be anywhere near a man's bottom? Possibly something you practice so could you explain or you goin' to clam up.?

I thought you 'hated it' when people make fans of other people's lifestyles etc. Or maybe you've forgotten that you said that. Forgotten it again, I mean. So why would you be using this kind of thing to try and smear other forum users? You really are an unpleasant piece of work, aren't you?
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 1:19 am

You can't stop can you? I was replying to a smear comment made by someone else. ''... when the Tiger has removed his tongue from your bottom ... '' I didn't start the foul language so go forth and attack that person. As for being ''unpleasant'' - well frankly what you think has the same effect on me as it would if a lump of dog poo said it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 8:25 am

tigertony wrote:
You can't stop can you? I was replying to a smear comment made by someone else. ''... when the Tiger has removed his tongue from your bottom ... '' I didn't start the foul language so go forth and attack that person. As for being ''unpleasant'' - well frankly what you think has the same effect on me as it would if a lump of dog poo said it.  

If we're going to nit pick, I'd point to the person who said "FFS get your head out of your arse" as being the person who started the foul language
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2017 1:27 pm

There's murmurings afoot that Orient might be struggling to complete the season.

Alongside the recent news that staff haven't been paid they are unable to raise the required medical staff to cover their match on Monday.

Grim times indeed.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2017 6:03 pm

Greenlander wrote:
There's murmurings afoot that Orient might be struggling to complete the season.

Alongside the recent news that staff haven't been paid they are unable to raise the required medical staff to cover their match on Monday.

Grim times indeed.

Not good. Sounds like Webby's expertise at saving failing clubs is called for. Never know, there may be a few bints to pork while he's there.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2017 8:11 pm

Greenlander wrote:

Grim times indeed.

I've just seen this tweet from the Orient Fans' Trust:

Quote :
The EFL has asked @LOFansTrust to pay Leyton Orient's match-day medical bills for the rest of the season [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
We were amazed and astonished enough at the way football's governing bodies have abandoned Orient, but this frankly takes the biscuit.

Quote :
We can confirm the club was INSTRUCTED to ask LOFT to cover medical costs. We refused as the fund is expressly not to pay Becchetti's bills.

If Orient fail to see the season out I assume their record will be expunged so we'll lose 3 points, Donny lose 6, Pompey lose 6, Luton lose 3 (only played them once), Stevenage lose 3.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 3:25 pm

What with all the recent money developments regarding Leyton Orient (it has been suggested that they can't pay certain bills/wages etc), could they by-pass the National League and head straight to the National League South (or lower) instead.

If the severe financial problems are as bad as reported, the National League will be strict wth their fit and proper test and if they believe Orient are in a right old mess , they could say no to the fifth tier, but ok the next below that or the next below that.

Moving on to another club in crisis, I was hearing on radio5live last night that Coventry City may be leaving the current home ground they rent and move to a smaller venue. The cash saving idea would see City move to a favourable new ground which has a capacity of 3,000 only. That would be a major fall from grace.

The Coventry manager has said the rebuilding of the club will start from next season if the tools are in place, but if they are only playing  to 3,000 crowds, that will be some slow rebuild then ?.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 8:30 pm

an impossible task with 3k crowds, ground share witg Walsall?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 11:24 pm

Not sure if there's any precedent in this situation but it seems to me the EFL should ensure Orient complete the season with the understanding their owner will be expected to pay/chased for all costs incurred. It would be total nonsense at this stage of the season to void all Orient games/results.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 11:45 pm

I'm not sure the FL can ensure they complete.

When has a team ever been exempted from its obligations to provide a safe venue?

Even when we were stuffed we managed to get the St John's people in. Admittedly we didn't pay them but they were there and once admin hit the FL didn't cover their costs (or any others), did it?

I think Bradford Park Avenue set the precedent for what happens if a team folds mid-season but that was too long ago for me to recall details.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 11:55 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

When has a team ever been exempted from its obligations to provide a safe venue?

Even when we were stuffed we managed to get the St John's people in. Admittedly we didn't pay them but they were there and once admin hit the FL didn't cover their costs (or any others), did it?

I think Bradford Park Avenue set the precedent for what happens if a team folds mid-season but that was too long ago for me to recall details.

BPA didn't fold when they were in the football league, they were voted out-I think they went bust halfway through a season about 3 years later when they were in the Northern premier or whatever it was. Shame really, their ground was better than Valley Parade and until the 1960's they had a reasonable record in the football league-they gave Argyle a hammering or two. Someone on here was a bit of a BPA expert-Frank Bullitt maybe? Not sure if anyone has actually folded during a season, from memory certainly not in my time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 1:35 am

I don't understand this faux gnashing of teeth
If a legal entity such as a professional football club can't fulfill it's safety obligations or pay it's staff, kick that legal entity out. Full stop. I always thought rules wuz rules.
In the end, if some owner wants to fold his legal entity, then let him. See ya.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 11:05 pm

Elias wrote:
an impossible task with 3k crowds, ground share witg Walsall?

Butts Park Arena
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 11:14 pm

Leyton Orient are understood to be trying to replace their current medical staff ahead of tomorrow’s game with Hartlepool United.

Earlier this month club doctor Craig Rosenbloom resigned after he saw his job advertised online without knowing, having asked to be paid before covering any more games.

And a similar situation appears to be happening regarding the current medical staff, who have yet to be paid, but continue to work.

Orient staff and players were due to be paid on Friday March 31 and despite several promises, the club still haven’t paid their employees.

The Professional Footballers’ Association stepped in on Thursday to loan the players half of their wages for March.

But the rest of the staff at the League Two club are yet to be paid and with mortgages and bills to pay, they are being forced to get out loans and credit cards.

O’s Academy Sports Scientist Michael Amoah is understood to have stepped down after failing to be paid, as he wasn’t at Luton Town on Friday.

And ahead of tomorrow’s match with Hartlepool, there is a genuine concern the game may not go ahead.

The fixture will not go ahead unless the Football League’s medical requirements for players, staff and crowd safety are met.

Orient’s medical staff have requested they all be paid to do the game, but none of their messages have received replies.

It seems the club are only willing to pay certain members of the medical staff ahead of tomorrow’s match rather than all of them.

And now it appears they are looking to bring other staff in to replace the current staff - who have worked for 17 days without being paid - despite the Hartlepool game taking place in less than 24 hours.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 7:11 am

One would hope there was not one person in the country who would be prepared to "scab" in this instance. Why on earth would anyone take the place of someone who isn't being paid ? Is the owner looking for some medically qualified Windsor boys ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 7:58 am

Greenskin wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

BPA didn't fold when they were in the football league, they were voted out-I think they went bust halfway through a season about 3 years later when they were in the Northern premier or whatever it was. Shame really, their ground was better than Valley Parade and until the 1960's they had a reasonable record in the football league-they gave Argyle a hammering or two. Someone on here was a bit of a BPA expert-Frank Bullitt maybe? Not sure if anyone has actually folded during a season, from memory certainly not in my time.

Bradford folded voluntarily in 1974 - 4 years after being kicked out of the league. They were playing in the Northern Premier at the time and ground sharing with City. They had sold Park Avenue the year before to clear their debts. They basically had given up by then as they had been chronically mismanaged for about a decade. I think they are probably the biggest league team to collapse - probably on a par with Bristol Rovers or Port Vale. At the time there was very little between the two Bradford clubs but Park Avenue certainly had the better ground. It was pictures of the rotting Park Avenue ground that sparked my interest in them many years ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 9:21 am

Theres an artist who does alot of Bradford Park pictures, I'll try and find his website for you Frank
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 9:22 am

Paul Town?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 9:40 am

Thats the one, Stadiumportraits.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Leyton Orient
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6