Les Miserable
Tgwu
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
green_genie

green_genie

Leyton Orient  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2017 3:52 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Sending off offence? Hazard was dismissed for an altercation with a ball boy I seem to recall.

This guy gets away with it. That referee was one of the weakest ever seen at Home Park by all accounts.

Happened at HP vs Swansea on a game which MotD around 1980 for some obscure reason.

Their player only threw the ball at ballboy and got red card.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2017 4:54 pm

Rickler wrote:
A despicable act, and the Orient captain should have been booked leading to a sending off.

But hardly a capital offence, worse happens in the school playground everyday.

This is exactly the point i have been making! I'm not excusing the player, but the reaction has been incredible
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2017 5:18 pm

From Leytons Baggo:

Leyton Orient’s Liam Kelly has been charged by The FA following the game at Plymouth Argyle on 14 February 2017.

It is alleged he committed an act of violent conduct in the 86th minute which was not seen by the match officials but caught on video, contrary to Rule E3.

Furthermore, The FA has submitted a claim that the standard punishment for this alleged offence would be clearly insufficient.

The player has until 6pm on 17 February 2017 to respond to the charge."

--------

So what is the "standard punishment"?

Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2017 5:36 pm

Rickler wrote:
From Leytons Baggo:

Leyton Orient’s Liam Kelly has been charged by The FA following the game at Plymouth Argyle on 14 February 2017.

It is alleged he committed an act of violent conduct in the 86th minute which was not seen by the match officials but caught on video, contrary to Rule E3.

Furthermore, The FA has submitted a claim that the standard punishment for this alleged offence would be clearly insufficient.

The player has until 6pm on 17 February 2017 to respond to the charge."

--------

So what is the "standard punishment"?

3 match ban is standard for violent conduct.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2017 7:09 pm

Maybe children shouldn't be 'ballboys'
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2017 7:30 pm

Orient were an ugly, nasty team throughout, reminiscent of the old Wimbledon team with Wise, Jones etc. Hope they get relegated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2017 7:41 pm

So, what is the difference between Sonny Bradley and his ear tickling dark arts that got such a thumbs up, and Leyton Orient ?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2017 8:23 pm

beesrus wrote:
So, what is the difference between Sonny Bradley and his ear tickling dark arts that got such a thumbs up, and Leyton Orient ?

Nothing really. I mean, running your studs down someone's Achilles tendon and shoving a ball boy over is obviously the same as tickling someone's ear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2017 8:30 pm

All part of the "game" at any level, and always has been.
Most of the really bad stuff hardly ever happens these days. It sounds to me as if many of the Argyle team can't handle it when it gets properly physical. Maybe a non contact sport would be more appropriate.

There are rules and there are four officials, plus tv. I don't know ho much more protection can be afforded.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2017 8:46 pm

Let's be real here...

Had the Ballboy Incident occurred between two players there would have been at least a yellow card, and probably a red, shown once the ensuing melée had died down. You just can't raise your hands to anybody and you certainly can't push them over. Remember the Di Canio/referee incident? That was a much smaller push and Di C was sent off.

This incident involved a kid and an adult. This immediately moves it onto a different level of miscreance entirely. How would you have felt had it been your 13 year old son who had been pushed over... The "protection" failed entirely at the time. All that can be done now is an example made of the guilty player after the event or else its open season on all Ballboys everywhere and that's something that just cannot be tolerated.

Strangely the officials took no action at all when it happened. None. That is probably more outrageous than the incident itself.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2017 9:05 pm

beesrus wrote:
All part of the "game" at any level, and always has been.
Most of the really bad stuff hardly ever happens these days. It sounds to me as if many of the Argyle team can't handle it when it gets properly physical. Maybe a non contact sport would be more appropriate.

There are rules and there are four officials, plus tv. I don't know ho much more protection can be afforded.

Orient were dirty, end of story, and would have been regarded as dirty in 1967,1977,1987,1997 or 2007.I had the benefit of watching football back in those decades as well as you and saw Wimbledon, Port Vale and all of those other cloggers at Home Park-Orient would have held their own with any of them. Good point about the officials as far as it goes-problem was the main man was as piss weak as anyone I've ever seen. You also make the point about "all part of the game"-news to me that pushing ball boys over has always been part of the game. Only ever saw it once, right in front of me in the Lyndhurst-Chris Marustik of Swansea threw the ball back into a ball boys face. Took an early bath immediately, which maybe is a commentary on the respective efficiency of the ref back then and the one on Tuesday night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2017 6:49 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Let's be real here...

Had the Ballboy Incident occurred between two players there would have been at least a yellow card, and probably a red, shown once the ensuing melée had died down. You just can't raise your hands to anybody and you certainly can't push them over. Remember the Di Canio/referee incident? That was a much smaller push and Di C was sent off.

This incident involved a kid and an adult. This immediately moves it onto a different level of miscreance entirely. How would you have felt had it been your 13 year old son who had been pushed over... The "protection" failed entirely at the time. All that can be done now is an example made of the guilty player after the event or else its open season on all Ballboys everywhere and that's something that just cannot be tolerated.

Strangely the officials took no action at all when it happened. None. That is probably more outrageous than the incident itself.
I remember from Tuesday night's incident that the ref put his thumb up to the ball boy as if to say 'are you ok?', the ball boy shrugged his shoulders and nodded and then the ref got on with the corner. which they scored from just afterwards.
The ref saw the incident, saw who it was that did it, thought 'fu** I'm going to have to send him off if I give a yellow card' and bottled it, big time.
Hey ho, we ain't getting any points back from it now, other teams may benefit when the play Orient without Mr Kelly.
Hartlepool tomorrow, we go again.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2017 7:13 am

akagreengull wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Also two bad injuries means we're right up shit creek.  Season target should be revised down to 7th play-off spot.   Well done brent you've done it again.

You do the "Brent out" campaign no favours by blaming him for 2 injuries, FFS get your head out of your arse

Brent is 100% to blame for this season's capitulation for the same reasons he was to blame for the last 2 seasons' capitulations.  Why don't you get your head out of brent's arse.

So where is the "capitulation" Freathy, this season, bad loss two nights ago as was the Yeovil result, but we are still in second, think everyone on this forum knows that because we failed to strengthen last January, while all the teams around us did and got promoted it was due to Brent's inept management of the club.
The last time I looked we were still second in the league, obviously no thanks to Brent, hardly a capitulation is it? confused

Yes we're still second - for now. But we were 11 points clear of 4th. Now we're 8 points clear. The way we're playing after tomorrow we'll be 5 points clear, After Luton we'll be 3 points clear. We'll be out of the top 3 by the end of Feb. Argo will not go up this season. We won't go up any season while brent is owner.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2017 7:23 am

Freathy wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Also two bad injuries means we're right up shit creek.  Season target should be revised down to 7th play-off spot.   Well done brent you've done it again.

You do the "Brent out" campaign no favours by blaming him for 2 injuries, FFS get your head out of your arse

Brent is 100% to blame for this season's capitulation for the same reasons he was to blame for the last 2 seasons' capitulations.  Why don't you get your head out of brent's arse.

So where is the "capitulation" Freathy, this season, bad loss two nights ago as was the Yeovil result, but we are still in second, think everyone on this forum knows that because we failed to strengthen last January, while all the teams around us did and got promoted it was due to Brent's inept management of the club.
The last time I looked we were still second in the league, obviously no thanks to Brent, hardly a capitulation is it? confused

Yes we're still second - for now.  But we were 11 points clear of 4th.  Now we're 8 points clear.  The way we're playing after tomorrow we'll be 5 points clear,  After Luton we'll be 3 points clear.  We'll be out of the top 3 by the end of Feb.  Argo will not go up this season.  We won't go up any season while brent is owner.

Thank goodness we've just squeaked enough points at present to avoid relegation.... :Suicide:
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2017 5:20 pm

Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Oh dear how very Nool, when the Tiger has removed his tongue from your bottom he will be outraged that you cant accept that Freathy's opinion is different to yours.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2017 6:38 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Oh dear how very Nool, when the Tiger has removed his tongue from your bottom he will be outraged that you cant accept that Freathy's opinion is different to yours.

Freathy's more than entitled to his opinion as I am to mine, but I'm not trying to button hole you or him, I'm not a Brent in, out, or shake it all about, merely stating that appearing to blame Brent for the 2 injuries is ridiculous.
We can put the blame at Brent's door for quite a lot of stuff but I struggle to see how you or anybody else can justify Brent being the cause of those injuries.
But I'm quite prepared to read your justification for blaming Brent for these injuries, maybe I missed something on Tuesday night.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 18, 2017 8:27 am

Brent is responsible for the squad not having the depth to cope with these long term the injuries.  In fact brent is more culpable this season than for the previous two seasons' debacles because he had a un-budgeted windfall of £1.5million he refused to make available to DA in the Jan window.

BRENT OUT
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 18, 2017 10:26 am

Freathy wrote:
Brent is responsible for the squad not having the depth to cope with these long term the injuries.  In fact brent is more culpable this season than for the previous two seasons' debacles because he had a un-budgeted windfall of £1.5million he refused to make available to DA in the Jan window.

BRENT OUT
Not only did he force Adams into the Jobcentre for new players, he also sold Purrington on deadline day when the club plainly did need the money, Brent, is a piss poor owner by any standards imo.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 18, 2017 11:59 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Same as you can't accept that anyone's opinion is different to yours - very Noolesque!! Anyway - why would my tongue be anywhere near a man's bottom? Possibly something you practice so could you explain or you goin' to clam up.?
Back to top Go down
Fairplaytoall

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 19, 2017 2:24 pm

Last Tuesdays match against Leyton Orient provoked a lot of comments and some fairly nasty and uncalled for remarks from both sets of fans. As an O's fan could I ask that we all move on? Our captain has been banned for six matches at a time when we desperately need him and your ball boy is ok. Orient and Kelly have now apologised.

Now is the time to move on and look forward. I would hope that those of you who hope we will get relegated or worse will also remember that just because we support different teams we all support the game. Orient are in real danger not only of being relegated but of ceasing to exist because of our President and owner who should never have been allowed near a football cub in the first place. In less than three years he has managed to see us drop from a Wembley play off final (where we lost out on penalties and failed to get promoted to the Championship )to second from bottom in the bottom division of league football.

Orient have a wonderful and rich history and we are the second oldest club in London. We need football fans from all over the country to help us. Until Tuesday I don't think there was any real hatred between our two clubs and I just hope that this can still be the case. I wish you well for the rest of the season, hope you get promotion and that the only time we play you next season will be in a cup match when you are only one division above us.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 19, 2017 3:03 pm

Rest assured your President and our Owner are equally despised on this forum
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 19, 2017 5:53 pm

He could have apologised, he could have not pushed him.

Good luck for the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: split   Leyton Orient  - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 19, 2017 7:09 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Rest assured your President and our Owner are equally despised on this forum

Our president isnt well liked either he is on a par with our owner Harve.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 19, 2017 8:04 pm

Moved Fairplaytoall's post and the ones after to this thread.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 19, 2017 9:25 pm

Fairplaytoall wrote:
Last Tuesdays match against Leyton Orient provoked a lot of comments and some fairly nasty and uncalled for remarks from both sets of fans. As an O's fan could I ask that we all move on? Our captain has been banned for six matches at a time when we desperately need him and your ball boy is ok. Orient and Kelly have now apologised.

Now is the time to move on and look forward. I would hope that those of you who hope we will get relegated or worse will also remember that just because we support different teams we all support the game. Orient are in real danger not only of being relegated but of  ceasing to exist because of our President and owner who should never have been allowed near a football cub in the first place.  In less than three years he has managed to see us drop from a Wembley play off final (where we lost out on penalties and failed to get promoted to the Championship )to second from bottom in the bottom division of league football.

Orient have a wonderful and rich history and we are the second oldest club in London. We need football fans from all over the country to help us. Until Tuesday I don't think there was any real hatred between our two clubs and I just hope that this can still be the case. I wish you well for the rest of the season, hope  you get promotion and that the only time we play you next season will be in a cup match when you are only one division above us.

Good of you to come on here and post a balanced reasonable response. Your captain was well out of order on the night,  but of course most experienced passionate fans realise that emotions sometimes take over, and of course it was a big game on Tuesday for very different reasons.
So totally agree time to move on, and let's wish each other the best for the season.
Personally I'm a fan of London clubs so hope you  the Bees and the daggers do well this season.
cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient  - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Leyton Orient
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next