Leyton Orient

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

Leyton Orient Empty
PostSubject: Leyton Orient   Leyton Orient EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 9:34 pm

Fairly astonishing stuff....win tonight and make it 7 out of 7 and nearly safe from relegation one would think.....good on them
Back to top Go down

Leyton Orient Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient   Leyton Orient EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 9:49 pm

Afraid to say been watching sky sports but
Hayley McQueen, now thats fairly astonishing stuff I love you Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Leyton Orient Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient   Leyton Orient EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 9:55 pm

delicious.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Leyton Orient Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient   Leyton Orient EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 8:26 am

Dougie wrote:
Fairly astonishing stuff....win tonight and make it 7 out of 7 and nearly safe from relegation one would think.....good on them
Interesting that their manager is Russel Slade, who I've always considered a bit of a 'journeyman' manager as he's been around the lower leagues since the 90s without achieving much. However looking at his record he seems to be one of those managers that has been sacked a few times without ever really doing that badly. Barry Fry might have played a bit of a blinder appointing him. It'll be interesting to see if they can maintain their form throughout the season though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

Leyton Orient Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient   Leyton Orient EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 11:57 am

They've scored 21 goals in those 7 games as well and only conceded 5. That's pretty convincing wins in most of the games.

Just been reading a bit about Slade and his time at Orient and he has a really small squad due to their budget so no chopping and changing every game. They've also finished 7th under him twice so have been knocking on the door for a while now. I've always thought of them as a small lower league club who will never progress very far, but I do feel sorry for them over the Olympic Stadium being given to West Ham even though it's right on their doorstep. I don't think Orient should be given it either but it might attract a few waiverers who might have gone to see Orient instead.

I really can't stand Barry Hearn or his son, two slimeballs of the highest order in my opinion, but perhaps he's doing something right at Leyton Orient, unless of course he's just got lucky with Russell Slade who might have just clicked with the group of players he inherited instead of it being down to having a great Chairman.
Back to top Go down

Leyton Orient Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient   Leyton Orient EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 5:22 pm

Greenjock wrote:
They've scored 21 goals in those 7 games as well and only conceded 5. That's pretty convincing wins in most of the games.

Just been reading a bit about Slade and his time at Orient and he has a really small squad due to their budget so no chopping and changing every game. They've also finished 7th under him twice so have been knocking on the door for a while now. I've always thought of them as a small lower league club who will never progress very far, but I do feel sorry for them over the Olympic Stadium being given to West Ham even though it's right on their doorstep. I don't think Orient should be given it either but it might attract a few waiverers who might have gone to see Orient instead.

I really can't stand Barry Hearn or his son, two slimeballs of the highest order in my opinion, but perhaps he's doing something right at Leyton Orient, unless of course he's just got lucky with Russell Slade who might have just clicked with the group of players he inherited instead of it being down to having a great Chairman.

Hearn was involved heavily in snooker as well,he used to get in on the act quite alot when Alex Higgins was tearing the snooker world apart.
Back to top Go down

Leyton Orient Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient   Leyton Orient EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 5:39 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Hearn was involved heavily in snooker as well,he used to get in on the act quite alot when Alex Higgins was tearing the snooker world apart.
Yeah he had all the top players signed up but apart from Steve Davis he never really made much money for them. According to a few of them he used to dish them out a bit of cash like pocket money while he made the big bucks. He was always stroppy that he couldn't get Stephen Hendry in his camp and he was winning everything.

His son Eddie is now a boxing promoter and looks and sounds just as sleazy as his dad. His fighter, Ricky Burns, was given a draw last week so he retained his world title when he had been battered from the first round through to the finish and had been knocked down. It was the worst boxing decision I've ever seen and even the Scottish crowd were embarrassed at the verdict.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Leyton Orient Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient   Leyton Orient Empty

Back to top Go down

Leyton Orient
Page 1 of 1