akagreengull
Freathy
Czarcasm
Tgwu
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Purrington - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purrington   Purrington - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 11:27 am

whose word have we got for that?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Purrington   Purrington - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 11:52 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
whose word have we got for that?

God knows, there are rumours of what was said and what was decided. What to believe is the hard part.

Did he really want to leave, did Jimmy tell him to go when the offer originally came in, was Adams happy about any of it (as he says he was). I doubt we will ever know the truth.

I read on the BBC red button link that the fee was undisclosed. Was £300,000 wide of the mark ?.

Whatever the real reason is why he left, Jimmy must have fainted with more monies coming into the coffers. What a January he has had Shocked .

Where all the money has gone is open for debate. I am aware that any slanderous remarks concerning the true whereabouts of this vast amount of money is could land one and all in trouble.

Over the road there, they are cock-a-hoop with it all. Phrases like good business and geddon Argyle make me cringe.

Perhaps at the Exeter game, someone could unfurl a banner with the words - ''Where has the money gone then Jimmy''. An act like that would be a brave and welcome move, no doubt the stewards will be on it in a flash or other supporters will try to get involved in a non-polite manner.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Purrington   Purrington - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 12:06 pm

And what was even more odd over the road there was that one poster assumes the budget will be better for next season.

monkeywrench wrote: We would need to strengthen should be go up. In which case we'd need to do save a chunk for that. I'm definitely not adverse to spending some on the grandstand though for sure.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Purrington   Purrington - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 12:11 pm

Tringreen wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Dane. wrote:
If a player what's to go, better off getting rid. !
Yep! If an employee of mine wanted out I would clear his locker out for him. I think his ability is summed up when the club making the offer are getting relegated and so far adrift they need Robinson Crusoe. He was not that good!

If I were an ambitious owner, I'd want to know 'why' he prefers to go .

Do you not think we are going somewhere as a club ?
Do you not get a decent contract and better pay for success ?

He'll probably make the usual platitudes.........'I love the green army I do' etc etc etc but to leave for a club in freefall should tell you all you need to know about this PAFC.
Snag is though if the club increased his contract/pay then a queue would form pretty quick and DA may not keep some players should we make Lge 1.
Do Rovver'am have a sugar daddy? They had bid (I've read) £1 million for Bogle. Unless they hit the form required to get auto promotion from Championship they are going down.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Purrington   Purrington - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 12:55 pm

tigertony wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Dane. wrote:
If a player what's to go, better off getting rid. !
Yep! If an employee of mine wanted out I would clear his locker out for him. I think his ability is summed up when the club making the offer are getting relegated and so far adrift they need Robinson Crusoe. He was not that good!

If I were an ambitious owner, I'd want to know 'why' he prefers to go .

Do you not think we are going somewhere as a club ?
Do you not get a decent contract and better pay for success ?

He'll probably make the usual platitudes.........'I love the green army I do' etc etc etc but to leave for a club in freefall should tell you all you need to know about this PAFC.
Snag is though if the club increased his contract/pay then a queue would form pretty quick and DA may not keep some players should we make Lge 1.
Do Rovver'am have a sugar daddy? They had bid (I've read) £1 million for Bogle. Unless they hit the form required to get auto promotion from Championship they are going down.

Not necessarily. Wouldn't imagine that someone like Purrington, who was by no means a regular in either of the past two seasons, would have been on anything like the same pay as Carey, Bradley or the other seasoned professionals. Maybe having established himself to a degree in the first team, then he felt it would be justice were is own pay to be raised to somewhere nearer their level, who knows. That certainly wouldn't have resulted in a queue of disgruntled players asking for more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purrington   Purrington - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 1:05 pm

The truth is whenever a player leaves it all becomes like a divorce and everyone starts making up their own reasons and stories. Bottom line is The present Argyle can't even keep inexperienced players from club's like Rotherham. It used to be in the championship this sort of thing started happening. Let's face it our wages do not stack up well against even the smallest of clubs. That is the Brent effect. Can't see it changing. Glad I boycott the place until he's history
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Purrington   Purrington - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 2:04 pm

Well, if anyone was going to leave this transfer window, I suppose Purrington wouldn't leave a huge hole in the squad. Could have been worse, with Bradley, Carey or Threlked leaving.

Shame Purrington has gone though, wish him all the best, he has a decent future in front of him.

I'm sure the transfer fee will be re-invested in the squad.

No, really, I'm sure it will.

Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Purrington   Purrington - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 2:05 pm

FFS !!!

I've witnessed 50 odd years of us bending over for the bigger boys but the boys we're bending for these days are knee high to a grasshopper.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Purrington   Purrington - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 2:14 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Well, if anyone was going to leave this transfer window, I suppose Purrington wouldn't leave a huge hole in the squad. Could have been worse, with Bradley, Carey or Threlked leaving.

Shame Purrington has gone though, wish him all the best, he has a decent future in front of him.

Of course it will Garry, as natural and eternal a phenomenon as Hurdwick playing Sparkwell every year......

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Purrington   Purrington - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 2:28 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
FFS !!!

I've witnessed 50 odd years of us bending over for the bigger boys but the boys we're bending for these days are knee high to a grasshopper.

That's about the size of it.

It is clear Purringtons stock is only going to rise. If we'd offered him a similar length deal to Rotherham and he still wanted to go, then fair enough. But you just know our Boards '12 months Max' policy would have been enforced. If a modicum of effort was made to keep players like this it'd be more bearable when they leave.

Depressing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purrington   Purrington - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 3:32 pm

Certain sorts improve when playing at a higher standard, and some don't. Expect in 3 years Purrigton might be top championship/fringe premier defender. Those sort are a particular sort. Purrington is similar to Gosling and Stephens. All are tall enough, and have a laid back intelligent approach to the game. They appear easy on the ball and always seem to have time. Fancy ballwork, a la Carey, is not required. Coaches want a certain template they can mould into the system, as premier football is almost a different sport than Home Park offerings. Fowards are a different matter where pace and something weird is required a la Mackie or Bolasie
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Purrington   Purrington - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 3:47 pm

Me personally think his been sold from under delboy tbh all done a bit to sudden you ask me first ive heard he was unhappy ..but thats the usual bollocks spouted from the farm when they have to cover brents arse ...BRENT & LIFE LONG OUT SAME OLD SHITE ..Must be knocking near 2 and a half £££million they have trousered this jan with everythink
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Purrington   Purrington - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 3:53 pm

Why was purrington, so desperate to leave the Village he up sticks to a grim northern shithole?
Three hundred grand is another Plymouth Pittance, to rank alonside the Hourhane Pittance!
Wake me up when the Brentmares over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purrington   Purrington - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 9:51 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Why was purrington, so desperate to leave the Village he up sticks to a grim northern shithole?
Three hundred grand is another Plymouth Pittance, to rank alonside the Hourhane Pittance!
Wake me up when the Brentmares over.

He couldn't wait to pack his bags to a club of the stature and ambition of Rotherham, Brent selling the family silver only to sanction austerity signings, meanwhile that wanker Ian Newell protecting his master

Asset stripping C>NT
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Purrington   Purrington - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2017 8:06 am

Argo fans have supported brent by turning up for matches. Should have been a mass boycott this season like Blackpool fans have done. Hit brent where it hurts as well as making it starkly clear his presence at Argo is not wanted. He can't ignore an empty stadium every other week. In the end fans get the crap they deserve.

BRENT OUT NOW
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Purrington   Purrington - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2017 10:57 am

Freathy wrote:
Argo fans have supported brent by turning up for matches.  Should have been a mass boycott this season like Blackpool fans have done.  Hit brent where it hurts as well as making it starkly clear his presence at Argo is not wanted.  He can't ignore an empty stadium every other week. In the end fans get the crap they deserve.

BRENT OUT NOW

Thumbs
Brent out!!!!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Purrington   Purrington - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2017 5:04 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

I reckon he could make it into a Premier League side in a few years time.

The world is at his feet now.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Purrington   Purrington - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2017 5:08 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

I reckon he could make it into a Premier League side in a few years time.

The world is at his feet now.

Good luck to him he might be going to a northern shithole, but he's away from
austerity argyle.
deadhorse
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Purrington   Purrington - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2017 5:13 pm

Freathy wrote:
Argo fans have supported brent by turning up for matches.  Should have been a mass boycott this season like Blackpool fans have done.  Hit brent where it hurts as well as making it starkly clear his presence at Argo is not wanted.  He can't ignore an empty stadium every other week. In the end fans get the crap they deserve.

BRENT OUT NOW

You know as the rest of us do that will not happen though.

There are people who are slowly coming around to what is going on (or not going on) at Home Park, the numbers may be small at the moment, but they can only increase we hope.

I have not been to one game yet, although I will attend the Scum game. After that, who knows.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Purrington   Purrington - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2017 5:16 pm

Brent, cost the club three points last night, to sell your most promising left back is one thing not to replace him is another, the other players morale is bound to be affected when the Banker Bro's sell your best players on the eve of a big game, apparently Sawyer, was crap though not on his own against a team that haven't won for nine games.........Promotion my Arse!
Mark my words the annual Brent, induced slump has started.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purrington   Purrington - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2017 6:10 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Brent, cost the club three points last night, to sell your most promising left back is one thing not to replace him is another, the other players morale is bound to be affected when the Banker Bro's sell your best players on the eve of a big game, apparently Sawyer, was crap though not on his own against a team that haven't won for nine games.........Promotion my Arse!
Mark my words the annual Brent, induced slump has started.

Quite right Suffers, and as one other poster has pointed out, what effect is this having on the remaining players.

Some no doubt wish they'd managed to secure a move too, even Rotherham is very appealing compared to Little Plymouth.

League 1 football if Brent's austerity regime allows, will be a very hard slog..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purrington   Purrington - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2017 6:07 pm

"Plymouth were really good to me, but there was no real attempt to persuade me to stay.

"I guess it was the money talking, but it made Rotherham's keenness stand out.

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and they tell me argyle are ambitious
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purrington   Purrington - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2017 6:11 pm

Not a surprise, is it. We all have a long held impression of the current regime's attitude to staff contracts and wages.
If you take the mickey, employees in demand will "go up the road".

There's only one thing keeping the good ship Argyle afloat, and that's the manager, with his mostly astute acquisitions over 18 months.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purrington   Purrington - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2017 6:41 pm

Purrington also mentions the finance was an attraction to him, all about opinions of course but defensively I prefer Sawyer even Threlkeld, offensively maybe Purrington shades it a bit, so I'm not convinced it's that big a deal he's gone.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Purrington   Purrington - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2017 9:17 pm

Graiser wrote:
Purrington also mentions the finance was an attraction to him, all about opinions of course but defensively I prefer Sawyer even Threlkeld, offensively maybe Purrington shades it a bit, so I'm not convinced it's that big a deal he's gone.
Spoken like a true Brenty Worshiper!!
Will be a big deal if Sawyer gets injured and Argo struggle for a left back, still no doubt another season in the Basement with Team Jimmy will be a joy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Purrington   Purrington - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Purrington
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next