lawnmowerman
Czarcasm
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread   Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 04, 2017 5:50 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
Those two performances not looking as heroic now.
Klopless, is starting to look and sound like sad old uncle Arse, now.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread   Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 04, 2017 6:11 pm

Possession stats from todays game;

Liverpool 72% Hull 28%

Uncanny and well done to DA for sussing out the way they play and how to counteract it for others to follow. Additional info-pre Argyle Liverpool results;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Absolute goal machine before they ran into the green wall. Looks as though we may have a shrewd and insightful manager on our hands, could do for us what Ken Barrington did for the England cricket team. cheers lol!

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread   Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 04, 2017 6:15 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Possession stats from todays game;

Liverpool 72% Hull 28%

Uncanny and well done to DA for sussing out the way they play and how to counteract it for others to follow. Additional info-pre Argyle Liverpool results;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Absolute goal machine before they ran into the green wall. Looks as though we may have a shrewd and insightful manager on our hands, could do for us what Ken Barrington did for the England cricket team. cheers  lol!

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread   Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 04, 2017 7:10 pm

You're in denial Skinny cat
What bit do you not understand ..............we lost the tie to half a team. Get over it.
Most commentators have put the demise down to Sadio Mane hopping off to the African Cup, with Argyle barely getting a mention. The world isn't Argyle centric ten miles up the A38.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread   Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 04, 2017 7:44 pm

beesrus wrote:
You're  in denial Skinny cat
What bit do you not understand ..............we lost the tie to half a team. Get over it.
Most commentators have put the demise down to Sadio Mane hopping off to the African Cup, with Argyle barely getting a mention. The world isn't Argyle centric ten miles up the A38.

His return didn't seem to have much effect today to be fair, maybe it was the contrast between the cold wind blowing in off the Humber and the equatorial climes of Gabon that reduced his effectiveness. Good to see that it's gone up to half a team now though,definite improvement on previous analysis. I'm the last one to believe that the world is Argyle centric but credit where credit is due for me-you obviously have higher standards but one mans realism is another mans romantic pipedream I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread   Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 4:29 pm

Direct quote to me from a Liverpool season ticket holder at the weekend 'your lot showed everyone else what they had to do to stop us'. I could only agree whilst also bemoaning our lack of firepower to finish the job, cursing as I went because we didn't even have the resources of little old Wolves to score breakaway goals.

Adams is a genius.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread   Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 5:09 pm

I keep realism for the act of keeping a roof over one's head. Why extend that onto watching a game of football ?
And there it is, above from Innocent, the westcountry regional lack of self esteem in all it's glory, let's all be grateful for the wisdom of just another footie fan up north. We're just not worthy Very Happy
Believe in your own prowess, or don't bother to compete.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread   Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 5:38 pm

I blame the demise of Klopp and Liverpool squarely at the foot of Ginsters who presented the eccentric fritz with a giant 'pasty' shortly after our glorious defeat against his unbeatables, wonder what was in it innit raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread   Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 5:43 pm

beesrus wrote:
I keep realism for the act of keeping a roof over one's head. Why extend that onto watching a game of football ?
And there it is, above from Innocent, the westcountry regional lack of self esteem in all it's glory, let's all be grateful for the wisdom of just another footie fan up north. We're just not worthy Very Happy

He's from Exeter actually.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread   Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 5:51 pm

That's up North isn't it ?
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread   Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 5:54 pm

beesrus wrote:

To you, maybe, dear boy but not me. Penzance, is it?

I am both metro and an educated wanker.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread   Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 6:07 pm

Greenskin wrote:
beesrus wrote:
You're  in denial Skinny cat

His return didn't seem to have much effect today to be fair, maybe it was the contrast between the cold wind blowing in off the Humber and the equatorial climes of Gabon that reduced his effectiveness. Good to see that it's gone up to half a team now though,definite improvement on previous analysis. I'm the last one to believe that the world is Argyle centric but credit where credit is due for me-you obviously have higher standards but one mans realism is another mans romantic pipedream I suppose.

I really can't understand the belittling of Argyle's efforts against a top Premier League side. No matter who they had in their side they were a darn sight better than anyone else we have faced in the recent past. Yes, perhaps we could have won if we were a bit more adventurous - we could also have lost by 4 or 5 if we allowed their technically superior players space in and around the penalty area.

Top effort all round by Adams and his players. Criticism of them is entirely unwarranted in this case.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread   Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 6:17 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
beesrus wrote:

To you, maybe, dear boy but not me. Penzance, is it?

I am both metro and an educated wanker.

I couldn't possibly hope to compete with a metro.

I'd like to say more, but I'll just boot it into touch, for fear of being made a fool of.

I know my place.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread   Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 6:56 pm

beesrus wrote:

So presumably if Doncaster, Carlisle or Mansfield had got a similar result at Liverpool and their supporters considered it to be a pretty good one [which i'm darned sure they would have],that would indicate a lack of Yorkshire, Cumbrian or East Midlands self esteem?

Just wonderin' like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread   Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 7:50 pm

In my opinion, yes it would. Just because there's a general , say, bombastic Yorkshire self worth, doesn't mean they know how to go onto a football pitch believing they can win. It's just a game of football, no one is taking on Edward Longshanks and a billion mercenaries. And I'll say something else, it's not the league where the "better teams" win 7 of 10, it's a bleddy cup game, with nothing, and I mean nothing, to lose. It's two or three pampered mid week no show prima donnas and a bunch of kids. Even Anfield ain't what it used to be.
I happen to admire what Adams has done down here in 18months despite the owner's predisposition to his pension, but I don't admire that sort of football and I don't admire his tactics over the two games.
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread   Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 9:01 pm

Bees, your lack of admiration for the Liverpool performances really hadn't come through in the month since the first game, so I'm glad you've clarified. I get it now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread   Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 9:51 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
I blame the demise of Klopp and Liverpool squarely at the foot of Ginsters who presented the eccentric fritz with a giant 'pasty' shortly after our glorious defeat against his unbeatables, wonder what was in it innit raised eyebrow

Domestic animal I would guess like any other delicacy from our esteemed sponsors snack range.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread   Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Argyle v Liverpool Match thread
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8