Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+22
Tringreen
Big Robby
PatDunne
Mock Cuncher
Earwegoagain
ConDeLaCreme
zyph
pepsipete
tigertony
Lord Melbury
PlymptonPilgrim
Elias
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Greenskin
mouldyoldgoat
seadog
Czarcasm
Rickler
Les Miserable
VillageGreen
Rollo Tomasi
Sir Francis Drake
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 8:44 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
There is no appetite anywhere to leave the EU, not even Italy, and I don't think you seem to have grasped that after 2 years of posturing we don't have a deal despite all our "clout".

No appetite anywhere to leave the EU? have you actually spoken to any Europeans? I have and I've spoken to Italians, Greeks, Portuguese, Bretons, French and Spanish that do. FFS half of Spain wants to leave Spain!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 9:56 am

Clout is a two edged sword. All it implies is there's a lot of business at stake. A lot of business that other neighbours would be only too happy to pick up once we float away to make deals with people we already have deals with. By all means leave the capitalist Bruxelles, but protectionism is not the answer for ordinary folk, and nor is an overtly capitalist Westminster..
I don't like the musolini thing resurfacing in Italy, but that country has every right to tell the EU bankers to butt out in it's budgeting..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 10:54 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
There is no appetite anywhere to leave the EU, not even Italy, and I don't think you seem to have grasped that after 2 years of posturing we don't have a deal despite all our "clout".

No appetite anywhere to leave the EU? have you actually spoken to any Europeans? I have and I've spoken to Italians, Greeks, Portuguese, Bretons, French and Spanish that do. FFS half of Spain wants to leave Spain!

Yes I have, and all the Europeans I speak to are utterly bewildered at what we're doing and why. Further more polling shows that that support for the EU remains very high, excpet in Greece but even there only a third of people wabt to actually leave

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 11:06 am

The lastest cluster feck in this omnishambles. Employers will be expected to check that EU nationals have the right to work here, despite no advice from the Government on the nature of these checks, what they'll be expected check and how to go about checking for it.

Just a reminder we've got 5 months left until we leave. Going well isn't it.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 2:19 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
The lastest cluster feck in this omnishambles. Employers will be expected to check that EU nationals have the right to work here, despite no advice from the Government on the nature of these checks, what they'll be expected check and how to go about checking for it.

More muddying of the waters and scaremongering from remoan. How difficult can it be to check? a right to work permit number and ID photo checkable on a government database, tagged onto a cv should suffice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 2:36 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

More muddying of the waters and scaremongering from remoan. How difficult can it be to check? a right to work permit number and ID photo checkable on a government database, tagged onto a cv should suffice.

Well apart from the fact no such Government "database" exists for EU nationals, it'll be very easy. Shocked

Last edited by Hugh Watt on Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 3:12 pm

Where there's a will there's a way Hugh.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 3:22 pm

Nice edit lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 3:28 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Where there's a will there's a way Hugh.

Perhaps you could advise the Immigration Minister Caroline Nokes what that "way" is, becuase she clearly doesn't have a clue.

The Government has at various points declared that freedom of movement will end, whilst claiming that border checks will remain unchanged for EU citizens. They've also guaranteed the right to work for resident EU citizens so how employers are supposed to check the difference between who has recently arrived and who is resident is anyones guess.

We are still currently in the single market and signed up to freedom of movement, so any any attempt to create this mythical database is a total waste of time as it cannot possibly track movements within the EU.

As I said a right mess.

Last edited by Hugh Watt on Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 3:34 pm

I'm sure I could, it's not rocket science.....but as I said, the will has to be there.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 3:43 pm

Like any of them do. Trouble is with the Tories running the show and either doing feck all or feckin up what they do attempt to do this ineptitude is siezed upon with glee by the remainers as proof that Brexit is bad. Of course it isn't going to be easy no one suggested it would. It would have been much easier and a better outcome for all if the remainers didn't try and sabotage everything anyway. Not accepting the vote by a minority of disgruntled people and fighting each and every bit of legislation has done nothing but strengthen the hand of the EU with the lame hope that if we get a bad deal (and we always were going to that's why we had the ref btw) they can all crow I told you so.
Mays deal will not get through, it not only hated by the remainers it hated by the leavers too. It all smacks of the Gagger group in Brentland, they are all telling us it's good but no one really has a idea of what it really entails, ie staying in the EU whilst pretending to leave. And as alluded to before I blame the remainers more than the leavers for the mess we are in.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 3:45 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Yes I have, and all the Europeans I speak to are utterly bewildered at what we're doing and why. Further more polling shows that that support for the EU remains very high, excpet in Greece but even there only a third of people wabt to actually leave

Firstly I didn't say that a majority of Eiropeans want out of the EU but your assumption was that no one in Europe wants out as shown clearly by your graph. There's Millions of people in Europe who are anti EU. Also these surveys are so feckin skewed one way or the other it makes them virtually meaningless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 3:49 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
I'm sure I could, it's not rocket science.....but as I said, the will has to be there.

It would help if you understood what the single market was first
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 4:14 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Like any of them do. Trouble is with the Tories running the show and either doing feck all or feckin up what they do attempt to do this ineptitude is siezed upon with glee by the remainers as proof that Brexit is bad. Of course it isn't going to be easy no one suggested it would. It would have been much easier and a better outcome for all if the remainers didn't try and sabotage everything anyway. Not accepting the vote by a minority of disgruntled people and fighting each and every bit of legislation has done nothing but strengthen the hand of the EU with the lame hope that if we get a bad deal (and we always were going to that's why we had the ref btw) they can all crow I told you so.
Mays deal will not get through, it not only hated by the remainers it hated by the leavers too. It all smacks of the Gagger group in Brentland, they are all telling us it's good but no one really has a idea of what it really entails, ie staying in the EU whilst pretending to leave. And as alluded to before I blame the remainers more than the leavers for the mess we are in.

Actually a large portion of the problems have come from the referendum campaign nsistence on telling everyone how easy it was going to be and how much we'd then have to spend on the NHS, not to mention we also had a brexiter literally leading the negotiations with the EU.

Most Brexit legislation I think you'll find has been passed by Parliament
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 4:22 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

It would help if you understood what the single market was first

Me? Or the immigration minister?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 4:54 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Actually a large portion of the problems have come from the referendum campaign nsistence on telling everyone how easy it was going to be and how much we'd then have to spend on the NHS, not to mention  we also had a brexiter literally leading the negotiations with the EU.

Most Brexit legislation I think you'll find has been passed by Parliament

I didn't meet one person who was swayed by the vote ether way by the terrible campaigns. I was a staunch leaver way before the ref and I guess you were the same for the other side.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 6:58 pm

Lies were being told by both sides, my mind has been made up to leave for years and none of the bollox we were being told by each side affected me one jot, the sooner we’re out of clutches of those non elected toss pots who have shown what they really think of us the better.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 7:47 pm

"Of course it isn't going to be easy no one suggested it would." - Earwegoagain. 21st October 2018

Liam Fox, 20 July 2017

John Redwood, 17 July 2016

Nigel Farage, 20 September 2016

Gerald Batten (UKIP spokesman for Brexit), 17 February 2017

David Davis, 14 July 2016

David Davis, 4 February 2016

Michael Gove, 1 June, 2016.

Douglas Carswell, 8 June 2016

Paul Nuttall, 17 January 2017

Tim Martin, 2 January 2017
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 8:37 pm

Not sure what all that bollox is proving, our problem is our lily livered politicians who should have been fronting up Barnier and the rest of the corrupt cabal and telling them to jog on and sod em.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 9:17 pm

What, you mean like the lily livered Trump telling the murdering Saudis to jog on ?
You need to get real.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 9:22 pm

Graiser wrote:
Not sure what all that bollox is proving, our problem is our lily livered politicians who should have been fronting up Barnier and the rest of the corrupt cabal and telling them to jog on and sod em.

If you want to describe numerous statements by leading Brexiteers as "bollox" who I am to disagree?

Leading Brexiteer David Davis decided to quit rather than front up to Barnier.

It isn't always somebody else's fault, you know.

Sometimes the lies and incompetence are just that: lies and incompetence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 10:11 pm

Graiser wrote:

Why do you think they haven’t Gaffer?

David Davis (secretary of state for leaving the EU and Brexit supporter), Liam Fox (department for international trade and Brexit supporter) and Boris Johnson (foreign secretary and Brexit supporter because it suited him in 2016) have all been in cabinet positions with a mandate to potentially tell Barnier where to get off.

Yet Theresa may is still leading the country telling Brussels one thing and her cabinet completely another.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 10:15 pm

It’s also slipped under the radar that Brexiters favourite backstop of WTO (its no such thing, it only offers protection from discriminatory tariffs) is going to get kiboshed by the Russians

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 10:28 pm

The WTO thing needs the unanimous assent of 312 (Is it? - loads anyway) nations any of whom could veto indefinitely.

More here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 10:43 pm

Soon be free
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next