Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+22
Tringreen
Big Robby
PatDunne
Mock Cuncher
Earwegoagain
ConDeLaCreme
zyph
pepsipete
tigertony
Lord Melbury
PlymptonPilgrim
Elias
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Greenskin
mouldyoldgoat
seadog
Czarcasm
Rickler
Les Miserable
VillageGreen
Rollo Tomasi
Sir Francis Drake
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 12:20 pm

And to make my point for me here is Limp Fwank who will no doubt point out its his mate Gove and not him doing the portrayal as if anyone would believe anything that backstabbing side switching little cnut ever says. I liked Frankie Boyyles description of him, his face matches his character his character matches his oily face which looks like he'd slip through the hole in one of massage tables.
Well have to agree to disagree on that Mike there has never been such a concerted effort by media, government and third parties to overrule the will of the people. And as for he racist comment I'm sick of it being implied and it is endlessly. I even got it from a couple of close friends the other day, "it's all about race innit?" when I said that I hoped they didn't mean me as they've known for years and obviously isn't they replied "well not you but everybody else!" Outers are endlessly portrayed as uneducated, stupid and racist.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 12:29 pm

No. This is where you have completely missed the point for months on end.

The uneducated, stupid and racist are, virtually to a man, Leavers.

If you can't tell the difference between the two statements no matter how irate you get that is your problem.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 1:52 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

If you can't tell the difference between the two statements no matter how irate you get that is your problem.

So no one that voted remain was uneducated, stupid or racist? You lot sound more like the Brentites by the day and as I've said before we've never witnessed talk like this since the days of Hitler. Talk about hate speech.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 1:53 pm

Leave lies? Remainers need to look in the mirror.
From the huff and puff post.
Programmes Officer at The Housing & Finance Institute
Recently, European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker, blamed the Brexit vote on 40 years of lies and the lies of 'Leave' campaigners. Juncker is correct in one sense, there were many lies during the EU Referendum campaign, however these lies were from the 'Remain' side. The so-called lies from Leavers are a figment of the federalist's imagination.

The UK gives the EU a gross contribution of £350 million a week. This is not a lie, and it is an amount which could be spent on the NHS if the UK Government so wished. These are usually touted as lies, but this stems from 'Remain' campaigners being unable to tell the difference between the words 'gross' and 'net' as well as the difference between the words 'could' and 'will'.

In reality the lies came from the 'Remain' campaign.

European Council President Donald Tusk, said western political civilisation would be destroyed if the UK voted 'Leave'. As I am sitting here writing this article, and as you are currently reading this, it is safe to say western political civilisation has not ended. Therefore, we must conclude this was a 'Remain' lie.

David Cameron implied in a speech about the "serried rows of white headstones" that World War 3 would be upon us if Brexit occurred. The last time I checked the UK had not invaded Poland or any other country, and therefore we must conclude this was a lie.

George Osborne predicted tax rises and spending cuts would be implemented. To date, no changes to the planned tax rates or public spending have been implemented. So, another lie, and thankfully after his sacking Osborne is no longer in a position create his 'punishment budget'.

Despite Anna Soubry's claim to the contrary on a recent Question Time appearance, Remainers did suggest there would be an immediate Brexit recession. No recession to date, in fact the OECD now believes the UK economy will grow 1.8% this year, up 0.1% on its pre-referendum estimate. Even Mark Carney, the Governor of the Bank of England, now admits he is "quietly optimistic" about Brexit. Lie number four.

3 million people in the UK will lose their jobs was the fictitious figure banded about. However, in July the claimant count fell by 8,600 to 763,600, despite an expected rise of 9,500. Another lie.

"A dangerous fantasy" is how Nick Clegg described Nigel Farage's claim of EU plans to create an army. Barely three months on from the Referendum, Juncker has proposed an EU Army. I'm looking forward to Nick Clegg's next apology video like the one he made after his last whopper.

We were told companies would leave the UK in their droves, especially in the car industry. There is no sign of this, and UK car manufacturing achieving its 12th successive month of growth in July, with production passing one million units in seven months for the first time in 12 years. Lie number 7.

David Cameron said he wouldn't resign as Prime Minister if he lost the Referendum vote. Enough said.

The former Prime Minister also tried to claim the UK could manage its immigration policy while inside the EU. Why are 'Remain' campaigners insisting we start to control immigration in any Brexit deal then? Because we cannot control EU immigration now, proving Cameron was lying.

Universities wanted the UK to remain in the EU because leaving would result in Horizon 2020 funding disappearing. Our new Chancellor, Philip Hammond, has agreed to keep this funding in place. Lie number 10.

This is 10 of many lies spouted by the 'Remain' campaign during the EU referendum. It is about time us Brexiteers challenged this ridiculous narrative of leave lies and remain truths. We voted 'Leave' for control over the laws of this country, and the patronising suggestion we are gullible idiots is quite frankly ridiculous. Remain campaigners should look in the mirror if they want to find a liar. The sooner we Get Britain Out of the EU, the better.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 2:00 pm

Add no 11 all leavers are stupid.
No 12 all leavers are racists.
No 13 everybody makes decisions based on campaigns run by the daily mail and the sun and is incapable of making rational decisions based on fifty years of living in the real world.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 2:07 pm

MikeWN wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
MikeWN wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Also taken from the Beeb,

The result of the referendum was 51.9% for Leave and 48.1% for Remain. The UK is due to officially leave the European Union at 23:00 GMT on 29 March, 2019.
The referendum was not legally binding, merely "advisory," according to a Supreme Court judgement in December 2016, so it can't be ordered to be re-run by a court - any decision to have a fresh referendum would have to be made by the government and Parliament would have to pass a referendum act.

It would pay to take notice of the date there. If no deal with the EU is reached then the cliff edge Brexit will happen. Can I just offer up thanks to all the remainers who are making this look more and more likely as time passes. Razz

Yes, it's the pesky remainers who are making the EU do exactly what anyone with a modicum of foresight could see them doing. Just like they're eyeing you up for the gas chamber, apparently.

It's certainly not that Leave's 'they need us more than we need them' rhetoric was obvious bollox from the start, or that Leave supporters have tried to paint immigrants as sub-human, threatened and bullied their own party, or labelled judges following the law of the land as enemies of the state.

Any port in a storm indeed.

So now I have painted immigrants as sub human? That's new one on me Mike. Plus I belong to no party and haven't bullied anyone persoanlly speaking. Plus where did I say that remainers were making the EU do anything?

No, but Farage and UKIP blew the immigrant dogwhistle hard. You also didn't threaten to withdraw your parliamentary support for Theresa May, or plaster the front page of your tabloid newspaper with photos of the High Court judges, so perhaps you'd like to get your arse in your hand about those 'accusations' too?

I haven't seen anyone call you a racist, but you still manage to shoehorn in your 'oh, so I'm a racist now, am I?' indignance into most of your replies. I guess straw men are easier to tackle than the unfolding reality.

You've stated more than once that we can thank Remainers for a bad Brexit. I'm just pointing out that the EU always had the strong hand, and the motivation to play it. Laying the blame at the feet of remainers is fundamentally dishonest.

Bleddy quotes Razz
Clearly put Mike. Tying Ears up in knots.  lol!
Won't make a jot of difference though. Some people just love to play the victim, or more accurately, cast someone else the villain.  Classic Trumpy behaviour in some ways. That sort of thing goes way back.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 3:11 pm

Ears and the Goat have accused me of calling them racist more than once.

More than once I have challenged them to supply the quote where I have said such a thing.

Not once have they done so.

It simply has not happened.

And I repeat:

ONLY LEAVE HAS BEEN FOUND TO BE IN BREACH OF THE CAMPAIGN RULES.

Nobody else. Whatever Ears might like to alledge. No matter where he points the finger. No matter how much abuse he throws around.

Cut it how you like but Leave cheated and that brings the overall result into question.

In reality there should be another referendum but Leave won't support this because they know they'll lose.

After all if they thought they'd win they'd say "bring it on!" would they not?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 3:36 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
In reality there should be another referendum but Leave won't support this because they know they'll lose.

In reality lol.....And doubtful on the second part imo.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 3:42 pm

Let's find out then.

On the basis you think there would be the same result I assume you're fully in favour of another referendum... Are you?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 3:47 pm

Not at all, but if forced upon us I see an even clearer margin for leave. People don't take kindly to being told that they were wrong, you of all people should understand that.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 3:50 pm

beesrus wrote:
MikeWN wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
MikeWN wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Also taken from the Beeb,

The result of the referendum was 51.9% for Leave and 48.1% for Remain. The UK is due to officially leave the European Union at 23:00 GMT on 29 March, 2019.
The referendum was not legally binding, merely "advisory," according to a Supreme Court judgement in December 2016, so it can't be ordered to be re-run by a court - any decision to have a fresh referendum would have to be made by the government and Parliament would have to pass a referendum act.

It would pay to take notice of the date there. If no deal with the EU is reached then the cliff edge Brexit will happen. Can I just offer up thanks to all the remainers who are making this look more and more likely as time passes. Razz

Yes, it's the pesky remainers who are making the EU do exactly what anyone with a modicum of foresight could see them doing. Just like they're eyeing you up for the gas chamber, apparently.

It's certainly not that Leave's 'they need us more than we need them' rhetoric was obvious bollox from the start, or that Leave supporters have tried to paint immigrants as sub-human, threatened and bullied their own party, or labelled judges following the law of the land as enemies of the state.

Any port in a storm indeed.

So now I have painted immigrants as sub human? That's new one on me Mike. Plus I belong to no party and haven't bullied anyone persoanlly speaking. Plus where did I say that remainers were making the EU do anything?

No, but Farage and UKIP blew the immigrant dogwhistle hard. You also didn't threaten to withdraw your parliamentary support for Theresa May, or plaster the front page of your tabloid newspaper with photos of the High Court judges, so perhaps you'd like to get your arse in your hand about those 'accusations' too?

I haven't seen anyone call you a racist, but you still manage to shoehorn in your 'oh, so I'm a racist now, am I?' indignance into most of your replies. I guess straw men are easier to tackle than the unfolding reality.

You've stated more than once that we can thank Remainers for a bad Brexit. I'm just pointing out that the EU always had the strong hand, and the motivation to play it. Laying the blame at the feet of remainers is fundamentally dishonest.

Bleddy quotes Razz
Clearly put Mike. Tying Ears up in knots.  lol!
Won't make a jot of difference though. Some people just love to play the victim, or more accurately, cast someone else the villain.  Classic Trumpy behaviour in some ways. That sort of thing goes way back.

There's something on your face Bees, egg, feckin loads of it so don't try and stir someone up to fight your fight for you. Want some more rope you snidey Cnut?
And I've highlighted the bit where Mike inferred as leaver I could be seen as a racist, in fact it's another slur like I was talking about.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 3:52 pm

Another vote would be conclusive, surely?

After all Nigel Farage said "52:48 isn't done business" (or whatever it actually was). He had no intention of accepting defeat.

Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

And time and demographics are against you. The longer it takes to happen the more certain it is that Leave will lose.

It's the will of the people.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 3:56 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Ears and the Goat have accused me of calling them racist more than once.

More than once I have challenged them to supply the quote where I have said such a thing.

Not once have they done so.

It simply has not happened.

And I repeat:

ONLY LEAVE HAS BEEN FOUND TO BE IN BREACH OF THE CAMPAIGN RULES.

Nobody else. Whatever Ears might like to alledge. No matter where he points the finger. No matter how much abuse he throws around.

Cut it how you like but Leave cheated and that brings the overall result into question.

After all if they thought they'd win they'd say "bring it on!" would they not?

And like I've replied loads of times it's inferred as it has been on this page.
And Leave lied like the rest of them I see you've chosen to ignore that and carry on harping on about a second referendum that you won't get and wouldn't win anyway.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 3:57 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

There you are.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 4:04 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Let's find out then.

On the basis you think there would be the same result I assume you're fully in favour of another referendum... Are you?

And we're meant to be the stupid ones? Feck me but you're deluded. Would we even be having this conversation even if remain had won by 50.01% to 49.99%? Of course we wouldn't we would have just had to put up with it. Just because you believe you shouldn't have lost doesn't give any grounds for a rerun neither doesn't the fact that some people may or may not change their vote in a rerun it's irrelevant. You lost. Your lot lied about project fear and the economy and people saw through that.
Name me ten things leave said would happen that have happened in this world of mayhem we now inhabit?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 4:12 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

After all Nigel Farage said "52:48 isn't done business" (or whatever it actually was). He had no intention of accepting defeat.

And time and demographics are against you. The longer it takes to happen the more certain it is that Leave will lose.

No it's the will of a minority of the voting public that can't accept democracy. And the longer it goes on the more likely it is that we will drop out and go to WTO rules.
All this shit that the EU is the only model for trade is just that. You mentioned the other day that we are walking away from a massive Japan EU trade deal, are we to believe that Japan has had to join the EU for this to happen? Have Japan had to pay into EU coffers for it to happen? Have they had to accept all EU citizens into their country with an open border? Have they fook. Brexit now and the harder the better. JRM for PM! I'd vote that cnut in just to spite you if I could.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 4:40 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

There you are.

No, Mouldy, that's just saying all racists will have voted Leave, which is probably true. It's not saying all leave voters are racist, which of course, they patently are not. This is just game playing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 4:53 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

No it's the will of a minority of the voting public that can't accept democracy. And the longer it goes on the more likely it is that we will drop out and go to WTO rules.
All this shit that the EU is the only model for trade is just that. You mentioned the other day that we are walking away from a massive Japan EU trade deal, are we to believe that Japan has had to join the EU for this to happen? Have Japan had to pay into EU coffers for it to happen? Have they had to accept all EU citizens into their country with an open border? Have they fook. Brexit now and the harder the better. JRM for PM! I'd vote that cnut in just to spite you if I could.

There's very little chance of JRM being PM. Its not certain he could get enough nominations and would more likely throw his lot behind Boris.There's enough people in the party that don't want Boris either so the chances are Javid & Hunt would end up facing the membership. Its a different model than the Labour Partys leadership rules.
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 4:58 pm

That prick Cameron should have been forced to stay on as PM to sort the whole mess out. Wanker sails off into the distance having made himself and his chums millions and leaving the whole thing for others to sort out
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 5:13 pm

I agree with the sentiment but then Cameron said he would prove that it was ok to stay in the EU and he would negotiate a better deal with them. The EU mugged them off and he came back with egg on his face proving the point that a lot of us had been making for a long time. He had no other choice than resign how could he negotiate Brexit when he failed to negotiate reform?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 5:29 pm

beesrus wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

There you are.

No, Mouldy, that's just saying all racists will have voted Leave, which is probably true.  It's not saying all leave voters are racist, which of course, they patently are not.  This is just game playing.

It really isn't hard.

For example:

"All dogs are animals; not all animals are dogs."

That said there is a clear racist element to the entire Leave campaign, as admitted this week by Michael Gove no less.

I called it ages ago when Gove and Co were actually saying and doing it.

If more proof be needed the BNP, EDL, Britain First and so on were all firmly Leave. There was no difference between the UKIP and BNP election manifestoes. That poster Farage stood in front of the day that Jo Cox was murdered (by an EDL/BNP/Britain First member Thomas Mair). The Turkey is about to join the EU (something Boris campaigned for, by the way) thing...

Denying that there is a racist side to Leave is pure denial of facts and common sense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 6:02 pm

Here's a long term thought of mine. If "Europe" and it's rules were dominated/owned/ruled by Westminster, rather than Berlin and Paris, in other words was still part of the old "British Empire" routine as, say Australia was, I wonder if all the hot under the collar right wing nationalists and usual assorted closet authoritarians/ne'erdowells/"the country's going to the dogs" have been so keen to let Europe "have it's independence" and sever all ties ?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 6:27 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
beesrus wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

There you are.

No, Mouldy, that's just saying all racists will have voted Leave, which is probably true.  It's not saying all leave voters are racist, which of course, they patently are not.  This is just game playing.

It really isn't hard.

For example:

That said there is a clear racist element to the entire Leave campaign, as admitted this week by Michael Gove no less.

If more proof be needed the BNP, EDL, Britain First and so on were all firmly Leave. There was no difference between the UKIP and BNP election manifestoes. That poster Farage stood in front of the day that Jo Cox was murdered (by an EDL/BNP/Britain First member Thomas Mair). The Turkey is about to join the EU (something Boris campaigned for, by the way) thing...

Denying that there is a racist side to Leave is pure denial of facts and common sense.

Nobody has denied there is a racist side to leave and without doubt some in remain what we take issue with is the slurs against all leavers that we're 'probalbly' racist. Try and spin it into something else all you like. And if you want less abuse then try and use some FOOKIN respect. Like my Gran used to say "call me a cnut and you'll find that I can act one."
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 8:20 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
beesrus wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

There you are.

It really isn't hard.

For example:

Nobody has denied there is a racist side to leave and without doubt some in remain what we take issue with is the slurs against all leavers that we're 'probalbly' racist. Try and spin it into something else all you like. And if you want less abuse then try and use some FOOKIN respect. Like my Gran used to say "call me a cnut and you'll find that I can act one."

Wise words indeed Iggs. Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 8:59 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

Your wasting your time Ears. The sanctimonious prick can't help himself.
The term, "Keyboard warrior" sums SFD up totally. Clearly he wouldn't argue the toss so vociferously if he wasn't hidden behind a laptop, not least for fear of wearing a pint. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next