Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+22
Tringreen
Big Robby
PatDunne
Mock Cuncher
Earwegoagain
ConDeLaCreme
zyph
pepsipete
tigertony
Lord Melbury
PlymptonPilgrim
Elias
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Greenskin
mouldyoldgoat
seadog
Czarcasm
Rickler
Les Miserable
VillageGreen
Rollo Tomasi
Sir Francis Drake
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
zyph

zyph

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2018 1:01 pm

EU is only part of Europe ...not the whole.....the EU flag should not be the symbol opposite the Stars & Stripes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2018 1:20 pm

Big Robby wrote:
So anyone who voted for Brexit are you still cheering on Europe in the Ryder Cup. Ah but that's diffrint becoz it's a institution and we're still in Europe we just don't like the Europeans

Ah, but we're top Euro golf dogs, it's OUR team.
If we were actually in charge of the EU in an empirical sense, instead of Germany, I bet those very same  brexiteers would be all nostalgic about our neighbours, and hanging on to Europe for dear life.  Razz
Looking more and more like a temporary fudge followed by a sap general election. Polls mean owt anymore in virtually any country, the sampling with it's current cheapskate format,  lean toward conservative with a small c established values. Yoof and much of the "under class"don't get contacted. Those who never voted, now can at the click of a mouse virtually. I myself was off the electoral register for  years. More surprises to come, people are getting more and more info as time goes by, until "they" succeed" in cracking down on the internet.
No idea how brexit will work out, but one thig's for sure, nationalism and protectionism is on the increase everywhere. Like a re-run of the 1930s.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2018 1:49 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Except both sides will make a temporary deal to bridge any gap. Like all of project fears stories it's only half a story.

This is an official Government paper making these claims.

That is mental! It's almost as if the Government are as divided as the people' who'd have thunk it? I can't be arsed to link it but the Beeb article on this the other day clearly quoted a govt. sauce as saying a sticking plaster would be used in a reciprocal way.
Btw don't forget the story that we won't be able to go on holiday to Europe after March. affraid Well not without queuing up in the post office for five minutes anyway. Also I'm sure that I read somewhere that all our television screens will go blank and the radios only play white noise.

I'm not sure what authority the source speaks from but sounds like another of these that thinks the EU will allow us to cherry pick between the options on the table which are remaon, Norway, Canada or No deal. Clearly the only option that doesn't involve complete meltdown is Norway "BINA". The fact the Government is only advising businesses now that planes could well end up grounded in the event of no deal, (we'd loses access to the Single European sky at a stroke) shows how prepared to Government are for it.

Zyph's theory is great as long as you no palns to go anywhere, eat anything you can't grow or need any insulin

Quote from the story in question after the dire warnings from remainer Theresas office,
"The warning does not necessarily mean that flights would be grounded the day after Brexit.
The UK government says it is 'confident' that there will be no disruption to air travel after Brexit
(So that is actually a govt. quote).
According to Airlines UK, which represents 13 UK-registered carriers, the European Commission has said it would put in place a "bare bones" aviation agreement with the UK to keep planes flying and to cover safety issues.
Tim Alderslade, the trade body's chief executive, said airlines expected the EU and UK to reach a new agreement on aviation.
"Whilst we don't support a no-deal Brexit, we welcome that both the UK and the EU are proposing in this event a minimum agreement that would cover flight and safety requirements for the benefit of both passenger and cargo services," he said."

I find you get much more balance to most stories if you listen to both sides of it.

There are no other "sides" to this story. The Governments most recent batch of No deal preparedness it says "With no agreement in place," it reads, "UK and EU licensed airlines would lose the automatic right to operate air services between the UK and the EU."

The fact it won't happen is because there will be a deal of sorts, so despite all the bravado, the posturing and arrogance; we can't just leave with no deal and I'm pleased to note that some people are waking up to this incontrovertable fact.

Except Zyph of course.

We will leave with no deal as Cameron and now Theresa have found out, it's in or out so get used to Armageddon bhey. As for the massive sea change in opinion regarding leave its the other side of the coin of project fear spread by a biased media. We're oot.

So the planes will remain grounded. Make your mind up....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2018 2:03 pm

zyph wrote:
EU is only part of Europe ...not the whole.....the EU flag should not be the symbol opposite the Stars & Stripes.

There are 4 non EU countries that are part of EFTA, the rest are made of the old Yugoslavia states who want to join. So yes its pretty much all of it.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2018 2:26 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Except both sides will make a temporary deal to bridge any gap. Like all of project fears stories it's only half a story.

This is an official Government paper making these claims.

That is mental! It's almost as if the Government are as divided as the people' who'd have thunk it? I can't be arsed to link it but the Beeb article on this the other day clearly quoted a govt. sauce as saying a sticking plaster would be used in a reciprocal way.
Btw don't forget the story that we won't be able to go on holiday to Europe after March. affraid Well not without queuing up in the post office for five minutes anyway. Also I'm sure that I read somewhere that all our television screens will go blank and the radios only play white noise.

I'm not sure what authority the source speaks from but sounds like another of these that thinks the EU will allow us to cherry pick between the options on the table which are remaon, Norway, Canada or No deal. Clearly the only option that doesn't involve complete meltdown is Norway "BINA". The fact the Government is only advising businesses now that planes could well end up grounded in the event of no deal, (we'd loses access to the Single European sky at a stroke) shows how prepared to Government are for it.

Zyph's theory is great as long as you no palns to go anywhere, eat anything you can't grow or need any insulin

Quote from the story in question after the dire warnings from remainer Theresas office,
"The warning does not necessarily mean that flights would be grounded the day after Brexit.
The UK government says it is 'confident' that there will be no disruption to air travel after Brexit
(So that is actually a govt. quote).
According to Airlines UK, which represents 13 UK-registered carriers, the European Commission has said it would put in place a "bare bones" aviation agreement with the UK to keep planes flying and to cover safety issues.
Tim Alderslade, the trade body's chief executive, said airlines expected the EU and UK to reach a new agreement on aviation.
"Whilst we don't support a no-deal Brexit, we welcome that both the UK and the EU are proposing in this event a minimum agreement that would cover flight and safety requirements for the benefit of both passenger and cargo services," he said."

I find you get much more balance to most stories if you listen to both sides of it.

There are no other "sides" to this story. The Governments most recent batch of No deal preparedness it says "With no agreement in place," it reads, "UK and EU licensed airlines would lose the automatic right to operate air services between the UK and the EU."

The fact it won't happen is because there will be a deal of sorts, so despite all the bravado, the posturing and arrogance; we can't just leave with no deal and I'm pleased to note that some people are waking up to this incontrovertable fact.

Except Zyph of course.

We will leave with no deal as Cameron and now Theresa have found out, it's in or out so get used to Armageddon bhey. As for the massive sea change in opinion regarding leave its the other side of the coin of project fear spread by a biased media. We're oot.

So the planes will remain grounded. Make your mind up....

Come on Hugh we will drop out of the EU with no deal but the planes will continue to fly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2018 3:53 pm

When we leave the EU we leave the European Common Aviation Area and opt out of any other common aviation area deals the EU has in place. Unless somer sort of deal is ratified planes cannot leave UK airspace, just because people think it won't happen doesn't mean it can't.

But then I don't think we're leaving without a deal, no one is stupid enough to sanction that especially when the Governement hasn't planned for it. I would stick my house on a indefinate EFTA fudge with someone like Hunt or Javid coming in to and tidy up the mess.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2018 7:24 pm

Then we join whatever agreement a non eu country is signed up too. Just because we leave the eu doesn’t mean we are barred from signing up on the other side of an aviation agreement. If we were then it would just prove the eu are being vindictive towards Britain.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 9:49 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
When we leave the EU we leave the European Common Aviation Area and opt out of any other common aviation area deals the EU has in place. Unless somer sort of deal is ratified planes cannot leave UK airspace, just because people think it won't happen doesn't mean it can't.

But then I don't think we're leaving without a deal, no one is stupid enough to sanction that especially when the Governement hasn't planned for it. I would stick my house on a indefinate EFTA fudge with someone like Hunt or Javid coming in to and tidy up the mess.

Are you being deliberately obtuse? The planes will continue to fly, not just my opinion but the govt and the aviation authorities both say this as outlined in my quotes. Any other industry will employ the same tactics. We now have an EU rule book on flying, the day after it becomes null and void we adopt the same rules and regs (ie nothing changes) that we have been employing for years. Same checks, same employees, same rules.
And we will drop out as the EU will offer us feck all and a deal amounts to staying in.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 9:51 am

I have said from the start that, due to our self centred dimwit politicians and civil servants, we will finish up paying the eU more, get less back and have no vote or say.

It is the British way.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 9:57 am

It amuses me that the remainers are the ones that don't understand what is happening but like to brand the leavers stupid. I think they have completely fecked up their arguments by branding everybody that disagrees with their vision of the future as racist and stupid. I mean they must be mustn't they?
We had the remainer bunch in Tavvy recently all wearing their star studded hats with pride and waving flags like some sort of carnival parade whilst they tried to hand out fliers to disinterested people in the street. Yesterday there were 3 leavers in a tent in the square who garnered as much enthusiasm among the public as the other lot did. Sadly I think most people are so bored with all this now they probably wouldn't even to vote again even if it were offered. Like the grandstand I wish we'd just get on with it now.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 9:58 am

seadog wrote:
I have said from the start that, due to our self centred dimwit politicians and civil servants, we will finish up paying the eU more, get less back and have no vote or say.

It is the British way.

What you mean we are going with the chequers deal?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 11:14 am

I'm bored.

I think I'll chop my foot off, then the feet of my offspring, then the feet of their progenity and all who follow for as long as I live. My life will then always be interesting and full of unexpected challenges.

Seems like a plan.

Certainly not a clever plan but a plan all the same.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 1:04 pm

raised eyebrow Then no doubt you'll blame your disabilities on the leavers.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 1:16 pm

I would prefer to become legless...by imbibing the odd pint or two......everyone to their own..... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 2:30 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
seadog wrote:

It is the British way.

What you mean we are going with the chequers deal?

Even that one is too good for the EU to accept.

I voted remain, I believe the EU is corrupt, I believe the Tories and Labour are also corrupt.

Resistance is futile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptySun Sep 30, 2018 7:38 am

Westminster or Brussels ? not a cigarette paper, and all that.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptySun Sep 30, 2018 10:17 am

The great Theresa bluff has hoisted her way up her own slimy petard. She's made in the same mould as Cameron in as much as she never wanted to leave and has this insane idea that the public and parliament would somehow get fobbed off with some kind of deal that keeps us in the EU whilst giving the appearance of leaving. Only the Tories could conceive of a plan that neither side likes, that really is laughable.
After buying off the DUP it's looking like even they wont support her. Is Brent involved in all this?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptySat Oct 06, 2018 5:06 pm

Looks like I was wrong, deal back on where's Noel Edmunds when you need him?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 11:38 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 12:38 pm

I think she knows very well whats she's doing. My best guess is that she's going to sleepwalk her way into a "no deal deal". Which is basically there'll be no trade offs or bespoke arrangements and we'll end up being parked off in the EFTA with customs union, whilst trying to pretend to her party that thats not what she's doing.

Nobody will end up happy with this and she'll have to resign. Christ knows who will replace her, the options are so poor even nobodies like Geoffrey Cox and Johnny Mercer are talked up as candidates.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 1:20 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
I think she knows very well whats she's doing. My best guess is that she's going to sleepwalk her way into a "no deal deal". Which is basically there'll be no trade offs or bespoke arrangements and we'll end up being parked off in the EFTA with customs union, whilst trying to pretend to her party that thats not what she's doing.

Nobody will end up happy with this and she'll have to resign. Christ knows who will replace her, the options are so poor even nobodies like Geoffrey Cox and Johnny Mercer are talked up as candidates.

Unfuckinreal. My very own MP? The one that doesn't respond to my letters or emails because I am not respectful enough? Geoffery Cox is a farmer and solicitor I believe who has campaigned tirelessly to keep the wealthy farmers wealthy whilst rubbing the heads of children of small farmers going out of business and/or committing suicide. Unless the Tory party thinks that turning the clock back to Beezys squire days is the way forward I can't see what they are thinking about. His last election campaign was Save the Fox vote Geoffery Cox! Believe it not he is staunchly in favour of hunting and is a staunch remainer. Sounds an ideal candidate to deliver Brexit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 2:03 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Unfuckinreal. My very own MP? The one that doesn't respond to my letters or emails because I am not respectful enough? Geoffery Cox is a farmer and solicitor I believe who has campaigned tirelessly to keep the wealthy farmers wealthy whilst rubbing the heads of children of small farmers going out of business and/or committing suicide. Unless the Tory party thinks that turning the clock back to Beezys squire days is the way forward I can't see what they are thinking about. His last election campaign was Save the Fox vote Geoffery Cox! Believe it not he is staunchly in favour of hunting and is a staunch remainer. Sounds an ideal candidate to deliver Brexit.

He's my MP as well, can confirm he doesn't reply to anything no matter how respectful you are. However he is certainly not a remainer staunch or otherwise

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 2:08 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:

That's a pretty good summation Hugh. Long grass has always been the favourite westminster ploy when in a spot of bother..
And of course, in the long run, with "people not wanting another vote" it will be down to guess who ? why westminster of course and another general election, you know that bunch of democratic heroes who brexiteers are so desperate to have back running absolutely everything. Oh, the delicious irony LOL.
I guess the exit people will just have to start campaigning all over again for another referendum. Rome was't built in a day. Very Happy
In the meantime the under class and poor working class get poorer and poorer, in or out. It's a sideshow compared to the main issues of housing, pay and global corporate piracy and mayhem.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 2:29 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

He's my MP as well, can confirm he doesn't reply to anything no matter how respectful you are. However he is certainly not a remainer staunch or otherwise

Lol. I came to that conclusion after hearing him give project fear large and loud to a group of farmers at Hatherliegh Market a couple of years ago. Probably before he broke his silence on which way he was jumping. Like most politicians he will back the horse that will take his career furthest. Like I say I'm genuinely surprised.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 9:21 am

The National Audit Office has just reported on our level of preparedness for Brexit.

It turns out we're not prepared in the slightest. Who knew?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next