Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+22
Tringreen
Big Robby
PatDunne
Mock Cuncher
Earwegoagain
ConDeLaCreme
zyph
pepsipete
tigertony
Lord Melbury
PlymptonPilgrim
Elias
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Greenskin
mouldyoldgoat
seadog
Czarcasm
Rickler
Les Miserable
VillageGreen
Rollo Tomasi
Sir Francis Drake
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptySun Jul 22, 2018 2:05 pm

Fishing was another huge one for me and came way higher than Immigration for me. Debate that.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptySun Jul 22, 2018 2:07 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
PatDunne wrote:
SFD - 'As for immigration: it was the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] important factor for those who chose to vote Leave'.

It is not my reason.

STD - 'because everything I have said is factually accurate and entirely true'L

clearly not.

It would better to have said 'As for immigration: it was the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] important factor for many of those who chose to vote Leave' would it not?

Now you are being mischievous.

I used "those who chose to vote Leave" to define them all as a cohort not any of them as an individual.

As you well know.

But it wasn't my no1 factor in deciding to leave you've decided that for me.

No I have not.

Oh I'm sorry I seem to have misunderstood this sentence then?

As for immigration: it was the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] important factor for those who chose to vote Leave. Waffle on.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptySun Jul 22, 2018 2:12 pm

I seldom bother these days as Saint Francis is just far too slippery to debate with. I always called it ‘wriggle room’. Should any poll or pie chart suit him then he’ll produce it as a fact.
I’ve got better things to do.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptySun Jul 22, 2018 2:28 pm

He's another one that assumes to much. 17 million people are obsessed about immigration period. I have yet to any links provided to back up his claims. Anyway I'm with you if he wants to bang on about immigration then he can do so alone, and in no way does it constitute debate when you choose to ignore the other factors. Like so many remainers their arguments hold no water unless they are in a closed group of like minded people so in a place such as this they have to be very careful just to address the immigration issue or they get tied up in knots. They don't need to hear the other side of the debate as they know they are right, always..
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptySun Jul 22, 2018 5:29 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
There you go again... banging on about race all the time.

For someone who says he more or less doesn't give a damn about it you mention it all the time. Others give a damn. Many others. Overwhelming numbers of others.

Another thing: when i mention the Leave campaign or Brexit then that is what I am talking about. I am not talking about you or any other person. I don't know you. How could I possibly know how or why you have made any decision? All I can do is talk in general terms.

You have repeatedly missed this fact despite my having repeatedly explained it.

The problems you have with my views are entirely all of your creation. They are a bizarre fantasy. A concoction conceived of and built between your ears Ears.

Still you keep building that Straw Man and you keep burning him down. Just as long as it makes you happy.

Dear of dear. This is what happens when you ignore most of what I say then when I reply to one of your posts, you know the ones banging on about immigration and race then I'm obsessed?
I'm sorry but I missed the huge numbers of people coming out in support of you regarding my slur on you the other day? It looked to me like I had it bang on and the majority of posters on here tending to agree with me. You have banged the racist drum and trolled like fook for weeks. Change the record mate.

We're not allowed to mention the R word. It's the debate we aren't allowed to have.

Really? Perhaps you would be so good as to show the evidence for that.

I was told, and I quote:

"Ears was only responding to your own constant inference that all brexiteers are racists.

Is there a way you could perhaps modify this theme?"

No I can't because I have never said that all Brexiteers are racist.

It is impossible for me to modify in any way something that I have never said.

I have said that racism runs through the DNA of the Leave campaign like letters through a stick of rock.

I have said that every racist political organisation

BNP
EDL
Britain First
UKIP
Ku Klux Klan etc

... is pro-Brexit.

I have said that the poster Farage stood in front of was lifted directly from Leni Riefenstahl's Nazi propaganda.

I have said that Turkey could never have joined the EU while we were in it because we had a veto and could stop them if we so wished.

I have said that the whole Turkish thing was conceived to pander to Islamophobia.

I have said that white supremacist murderers like Thomas Mair and his mates have been empowered and emboldened by the entire Brexit debate.

I have said that racist scum like Tommy Robinson always vote Brexit if they manage to tick the box they intended to.

I have said all of those things.

What I have never said is that Ears is racist.

Or that all Brexiteers are racist.

Therefore modifying the way I discuss these things is impossible because everything I have said is factually accurate and entirely true and the only way forward for me is not to discuss the issue at all.

Which until now I have not.

So, cutting through the obfuscation, it comes as no surprise that you won't answer the question.

Which would seem to imply that no debate has been stifled by the moderators or anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptySun Jul 22, 2018 5:37 pm

SFD playing the victim?

Nah.. He never does that...
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptySun Jul 22, 2018 5:54 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Triggering Article 50 will see economic carnage follow as sure as eggs is eggs.

And as Rollo so accurately says no government wants to commit political suicide.

Or fancy debating this comment you made two years ago?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptySun Jul 22, 2018 8:16 pm

Poor old Rickler.... nobody ever answers his questions. May I suggest a louder bark. Maye Oz could give some lessons i projection.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptySun Jul 22, 2018 8:29 pm

beesrus wrote:
Maye Oz could give some lessons i projection.

Sloppy. You on the cider again?

SFD hasn't answered the questions as he'd make himself look a fool.

You'd know that feeling, as not answering questions has worked so well for you.

Like.. Why'd you take it completely on yourself to close down ATD?

Silence equals stupidity.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptySun Jul 22, 2018 8:36 pm

Keyoard bs and s agai. Ca't e othered to correct them all where you're cocerned. Hopefully the keys will retur to ormal whe the temperature drops.
How closely have you followed Plymouth Central Park plans and Argyle's place in those plans ? You still have't answered.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptySun Jul 22, 2018 8:45 pm

Why would I answer? Even when I do you can't get the facts straight. You went from me going to "two games a year" to "fifty plus aways" or some such nonsense.

Neither were correct. You're an idiot.

As for what I know about Argyle and Central Park plans... Go feck yourself Bamber.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptySun Jul 22, 2018 8:47 pm

beesrus wrote:
Keyoard bs and s agai. Ca't e othered to correct them all where you're cocerned. Hopefully the keys will retur to ormal whe the temperature drops.
How closely have you followed Plymouth Central Park plans and Argyle's place in those plans ? You still have't answered.

Don't mention the var eh? Feckin typos.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 8:34 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Fishing was another huge one for me and came way higher than Immigration for me. Debate that.

Fishing contributes less than 0.5% to the UK economy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 8:55 am

Rickler wrote:
Why would I answer?  Even when I do you can't get the facts straight.  You went from me going to "two games a year" to "fifty plus aways" or some such nonsense.

Neither were correct.  You're an idiot.

As for what I know about Argyle and Central Park plans...    Go feck yourself Bamber.

You aren't the brightest are you LOL Maybe I should add the pedestrian favourite raised eyebrow ... sort of help you out a bit.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 9:18 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

You have, unknowingly I suspect, offered up a good enough reason to Brexit. Given that we are an island nation, the 0.5% is a shocking state of affairs.

It will be interesting to read your view on it.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 9:33 am

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

You have, unknowingly I suspect, offered up a good enough reason to Brexit. Given that we are an island nation, the 0.5% is a shocking state of affairs.

And whats more I come from a fishing family, so in effect because it doesn't affect you then feck it eh Hugh. Also 0.5% doesn't look a lot but I bet it's hundreds of millions a year. Not only that it's part of our regional identity.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 9:39 am

This briefing paper examines trends in the UK sea fishing industry, including landings, employment, fleet size, trade, and comparisons with other EU countries.
UK vessels land around 400,000 tonnes of fish each year in the UK, and between 200,000 and 300,000 tonnes abroad.
Landings by the UK fleet were down in 2016, around a 1% reduction on 2015. Reduced landings in pelagic fish account for much of this fall. The value of landings by the UK fleet has increased in recent years, to £936 million in 2016.
The total number of fishermen is around 12,000, down from around 20,000 in the mid- 1990s. The number of fishing vessels in the UK fleet has fallen by 29% since 1996.
The UK is a net importer of fish, with net imports of around 290,000 tonnes in 2016, worth £1.4bn.
The UK fleet has the second-largest total catch (in terms of landed weight) and the second-largest fleet size (in gross tonnage terms) in the EU.

So we also have a chance to provide the £1.4bn in fish we currently import.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 10:12 am

Franny yet again shows how out of touch he is with working people when he penned the following.

There's loads of spare capacity for fitting people in. Loads of empty housing, loads of unused (that could be used) land. The problems which exist around supply and demand of services, housing and so on are caused at least as much by our inability to plan and resource them properly as they do from, the far more obvious, strains due to demand.

Not sure these people have managed to find any of this available housing,

According to the Daily Mirror, 33,000 people in the UK are now among the "working homeless" - sleeping rough despite holding down a job.
The paper says it has found chefs, engineers, construction workers and security staff living in doorways, tents, cars and vans, battling to get enough sleep and to keep themselves presentable enough for work.
It says they are victims of two of the biggest policy failures of the past decade: low wages and a housing crisis.

I also hope that if any of these 33,000 working people voted leave that they aren't going to be portrayed as thick, uneducated and racist when the EU obviously wasnt working for them. We also have about 10 million people struggling to live on about £7.50/hr when you need about £10/hr to live on. I'm absolutely positive that Franny and Frank B or Bees for that matter don't have to struggle on £7.50/hr and it also looks like they don't care about the millions of people that do.
I have managed to pay the living wage for years now, I was paying labourers £10/hr over ten years ago. It amazes me that it's the big footsy companies that tells us we can't afford to and everybody I know who earns more than £30k per annum is worried costs will go up if we do.
I'm amazed the huge raft of EU legislation designed to protect the common man hasn't achieved anything in the last thirty years in fact for the common man things are getting worse. No wonder so many people voted out.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 10:52 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Franny yet again shows how out of touch he is with working people when he penned the following.

There's loads of spare capacity for fitting people in. Loads of empty housing, loads of unused (that could be used) land. The problems which exist around supply and demand of services, housing and so on are caused at least as much by our inability to plan and resource them properly as they do from, the far more obvious, strains due to demand.

According to the Daily Mirror, 33,000 people in the UK are now among the "working homeless" - sleeping rough despite holding down a job.
The paper says it has found chefs, engineers, construction workers and security staff living in doorways, tents, cars and vans, battling to get enough sleep and to keep themselves presentable enough for work.
It says they are victims of two of the biggest policy failures of the past decade: low wages and a housing crisis.

I also hope that if any of these 33,000 working people voted leave that they aren't going to be portrayed as thick, uneducated and racist when the EU obviously wasnt working for them. We also have about 10 million people struggling to live on about £7.50/hr when you need about £10/hr to live on. I'm absolutely positive that Franny and Frank B or Bees for that matter don't have to struggle on £7.50/hr and it also looks like they don't care about the millions of  people that do.
I have managed to pay the living wage for years now, I was paying labourers £10/hr over ten years ago. It amazes me that it's the big footsy companies that tells us we can't afford to and everybody I know who earns more than £30k per annum is worried costs will go up if we do.
I'm amazed the huge raft of EU legislation designed to protect the common man hasn't achieved anything in the last thirty years in fact for the common man things are getting worse. No wonder so many people voted out.

I do care Ears. Just because I have a different opinion to you doesn't mean I don't care. You know nothing about me or my background so maybe your judgement is not as good as you think it is if you are "absolutely positive" I don't care about those people who are less fortunate in our society.

But hey, you may well come up with some anecdote about talking to a chap at the Indian High Commission which gives you a better understanding of immigration then me. I probably haven't learnt that much in the last 13 years of being an Immigration Officer.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 11:12 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I also hope that if any of these 33,000 working people voted leave that they aren't going to be portrayed as thick, uneducated and racist when the EU obviously wasnt working for them. We also have about 10 million people struggling to live on about £7.50/hr when you need about £10/hr to live on. I'm absolutely positive that Franny and Frank B or Bees for that matter don't have to struggle on £7.50/hr and it also looks like they don't care about the millions of  people that do.

I do care Ears. Just because I have a different opinion to you doesn't mean I don't care. You know nothing about me or my background so maybe your judgement is not as good as you think it is if you are "absolutely positive" I don't care about those people who are less fortunate in our society.

But hey, you may well come up with some anecdote about talking to a chap at the Indian High Commission which gives you a better understanding of immigration then me. I probably haven't learnt that much in the last 13 years of being an Immigration Officer.

I'm sorry to lump you in with Franny and Bees and I know you are an immigration officer hence I believe you would know quite a bit more than your average person regarding immigration. I hope you do care about the unfortunates but in my experience there aren't many above that bracket that do care. The last time I bought up low pay Franny asked why I'd want a shit job anyway?
As for my understanding of immigration I think I understand it pretty well despite what Franny might tell you I've always seen the need for controlled immigration to fill the skills gap and it was not a major part of me wanting out of the EU.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 9:14 pm

beesrus wrote:
Poor old Rickler.... nobody ever answers his questions. May I suggest a louder bark. Maye Oz could give some lessons i projection.

Nobody ever answers Rickler’s questions because he doesn’t appear to be asking any, I can’t be arsed to go back to page 1 I’ll leave that to the keyboard warriors, but all I’ve read so far from Rickler are statements which seem to attract nonsensical replies similar to yours.

Meanwhile back at the ranch roll on March 2019.

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 11:04 pm

Nor do you know anything about me.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 11:05 pm

And there goes Ears accusing me of something else I have never said so he slag me off for saying it.

The Straw Man industry must be thriving in his neck of the woods.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 11:06 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Triggering Article 50 will see economic carnage follow as sure as eggs is eggs.

And as Rollo so accurately says no government wants to commit political suicide.

Or fancy debating this comment you made two years ago?

What did sterling do when A50 was triggered?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 11:15 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Fishing?

As a nation we don't actually eat much fish, do we? Not unless it is deep fried, battered cod or a breadcrumbed fishfinger.

We are certainly less adventurous than the Spanish or any of the other southern European countries in terms of diet.

So much of the fish we land ends up on the continent and fishermen benefit hugely from the single market and tariff-free trade.

It'll be interesting to see how they get on once there's borders and queues and tariffs because for them freshness is everything and selling such a perishable commodity must make them especially vulnerable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next