Czarcasm
Greenskin
Tgwu
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 4:59 pm

Tremendous start to the Season 0-3
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 5:01 pm

Coming together very nicely indeed jocolor geek
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 5:03 pm

Same ole Argyle....
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 5:03 pm

A Comprehensive Turking but Radio Devon reports "it wasnt a 0-3 game"......Geddon Jimmy and take 4 Year Contract man with you
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 5:04 pm

Tbf Luton are a top side and they did feel extremely welcome when they saw the derelict, shit strewn condition of HP.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 5:09 pm

Thing is, (is that better than This?) a ground in such poor, badly maintained condition does not generate a going somewhere, on the up, professional mind set. A feeling of pride, ffs Brent sort it out, make it LOOK like we mean it.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 5:10 pm

Bottom of the league after day one.

Early doors yet, 10-15 games in is time to judge this team, and for that matter, Adams.

Every season you will get one or two sides running away in League Two early doors. Last season it was Argyle, with the likes of Northampton and Oxford following on. This season it will be someone else.

I would rather see Argyle take their time and gradually ease their way into the top three, rather than barnstorm and fall away as seen last term.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 5:11 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Tbf Luton are a top side and they did feel extremely welcome when they saw the derelict, shit strewn condition of HP.
lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 5:30 pm

Did I miss much?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 5:33 pm

Forty five matches left, can we stay up?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 5:37 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Forty five matches left, can we stay up?

Early doors yet Suffs, it's all about the fitness till at least November clown
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 5:47 pm

Left the ground with 10mins to go at 2-0
What a load of shit that was shocking ..the replacements no where near as good as the players that have left..and some of them were shit...long hard season ahead with what i saw today
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 5:56 pm

VillageGreen wrote:

Early doors yet, 10-15 games in is time to judge this team, and for that matter, Adams.

Every season you will get one or two sides running away in League Two early doors. Last season it was Argyle, with the likes of Northampton and Oxford following on. This  season it will be someone else.

I would rather see Argyle take their time and gradually ease their way into the top three, rather than barnstorm and fall away as seen last term.

Certainly admire your optimism.I would say that if the proposed 10-15 games do indicate a season of struggle,then questions that delve deeper than management level must surely be asked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 6:04 pm

Made the right decision to go to Truro then obviously. On train home. Will have to see what's happening on a certain site later on tonight once my kids are in bed. Suspension for LG? Lol
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 6:08 pm

If you have a season ticket you'd better get used to this......again.

I predicted 18th spot finish. Definitely a tad optimistic.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 6:18 pm

VillageGreen wrote:

Every season you will get one or two sides running away in League Two early doors. Last season it was Argyle, with the likes of Northampton and Oxford following on. This  season it will be someone else.

So if you had a choice between Argyle getting, say, 22 points or 15 points from the first 10 games, you would actually prefer them to only get 15? You would choose that scenario rather than being up at the top like last year? That's a novel approach.

Yes 10-15 games to judge the side, but that could have been avoided by giving key players contracts of more than 1 year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 6:58 pm

I was expecting a slow start to the season given the amount of new signings and time they need to gel before seeing how they did but feck me they looked as if they never meet before. At this rate the gel-ling period will take all season.
There was a few good points we have a new dugout so the sauna huts have gone replaced with 90's allotment sheds with a wall going all the way down teh grandstand that again highlights the fact The new stand isnt being built anytime soon.

as for the game we did start lively but nothing that came close to troubling Luton, but Luton took advantage of an immature argyle side who made cock up after cock up. Our defence is so slow and i know its only one game but Songo'o is probably one of the worse defenders i've seen at Argyle in my time supporting the club.
McCormick was too interested in lapping up the praise from block 3-4 than sorting out that shower in front of him.

early days yes but this is not looking promising and i trust del bhey brings in a winger or two and has a go at tempting reid to come back or looks around for a striker because goodwillie, spencer and slew will be lucky to bah 10 goals between them so far. Brunt wont be able to carry these guys when he comes back next year.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 8:07 pm

Sold Plymouth Argyle points at 71 for £10 a point last night.

lol!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 8:52 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Thing is, (is that better than This?) a ground in such poor, badly maintained condition does not generate a going somewhere, on the up, professional mind set. A feeling of pride, ffs Brent sort it out, make it LOOK like we mean it.

But he won't will he, the ticking over, keep it cheap culture is kicking in, just wait, and seewhat happens, if and when he scrapes together finances to buy the ground.
scratch geek
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 8:58 pm

Angry wrote:
I was expecting a slow start to the season given the amount of new signings and time they need to gel before seeing how they did but feck me they looked as if they never meet before. At this rate the gel-ling period will take all season.
There was a few good points we have a new dugout so the sauna huts have gone replaced with 90's allotment sheds with a wall going all the way down teh grandstand that again highlights the fact The new stand isnt being built anytime soon.

as for the game we did start lively but nothing that came close to troubling Luton, but Luton took advantage of an immature argyle side who made cock up after cock up. Our defence is so slow and i know its only one game but Songo'o is probably one of the worse defenders i've seen at Argyle in my time supporting the club.
McCormick was too interested in lapping up the praise from block 3-4 than sorting out that shower in front of him.

early days yes but this is not looking promising and i trust del bhey brings in a winger or two and has a go at tempting reid to come back or looks around for a striker because goodwillie, spencer and slew will be lucky to bah 10 goals between them so far. Brunt wont be able to carry these guys when he comes back next year.

nothing wrong with new dugouts from a distance have a look they look great without my glasses on.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 9:19 pm

Its okay captain wankspam was in the directors box everythings gonna be ok....
feck off
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 10:34 pm

BBC1 wrote:
Made the right decision to go to Truro then obviously. On train home. Will have to see what's happening on a certain site later on tonight once my kids are in bed. Suspension for LG? Lol
One post moved to my Terraces thread, although it was on topic if they could read the fecking original post.
I lost £1 on Argyle and £1 on Truro. Therefore i'm fecking £2 down.
Avivas. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 10:38 pm

Shocking state of the mayflower.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 10:44 pm

Angry wrote:

Surprisingly poor performance today given we thrashed (Elburton) Villa 12 nil pre season.
laugh
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 6:40 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
Sold Plymouth Argyle points at 71 for £10 a point last night.

lol!

Absolutely you will be quids in on that one for sure
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next