Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+25
Hugh Midde
mouldyoldgoat
Elias
argyl3
AstiSpumante
Coxside_Green
zyph
Tringreen
seadog
Rollo Tomasi
sufferedsince 68
PatDunne
tigertony
VillageGreen
PlymptonPilgrim
harvetheslayer
Greenskin
Chemical Ali
Czarcasm
Lord Melbury
Charlie Wood
Tgwu
Dick Trickle
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Rickler
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Rollo Tomasi

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 11:40 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
I'd prefer a pie chart on the youth unemployment in the Eurozone.

In particular, Spain, Greece, Portugal, France, Italy and Croatia.

Truly mind boggling.

Still, so long as we're alright though!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 11:42 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
How about a pie chart representing the amount of people voting to leave and the amount of people voting to stay in Europe? Good night.

I've done one of those already.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 11:44 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Anyway feck this it's a waste of time,

I agree. Brexit is dead.

Deluded fool.

Yet another insult.  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  

That's all you are really good for......

Anyhow, we will see who is most deluded..........

Leave won FFS, 52/48 a majority of 1,500,000 and that's a fact, only some one who's deluded (which I would class as an insult btw) would thinkits not. You lost, period.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 11:49 pm

At least we will save a fortune in fines for being too shite to dish out the land owner's EU subsidies.
I see the NFU are pleading to keep them until 2020, I presume someone will have to contribute to the EU on our behalf to keep the cash rolling in, or not, cue more fines.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 11:53 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Anyway feck this it's a waste of time,

I agree. Brexit is dead.

Deluded fool.

Yet another insult.  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  

That's all you are really good for......

Anyhow, we will see who is most deluded..........

Leave won FFS, 52/48 a majority of 1,500,000 and that's a fact, only some one who's deluded (which I would class as an insult btw) would thinkits not. You lost, period.

52/48 a majority of 1,500,000 and that's a fact.

I'm just following what your glorious leader said before the vote....

What's good for the goose is.............carry on
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 12:06 am

The interregnum we currently enjoy is neither here nor there, really. The Phoney War will be over once Article 50 is acitivated; that's whan the real muck and bullets will start flying; until then we remain an emasculated member of the EU.

In the meantime I strongly suspect that the various eminences grises which control the Tory Party will be exerting their influence on policy just as they always have.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 12:09 am

Rickler wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
But on the other side of the coin there was a government minister speaking at an anti brexit rally at Westminster today, called Soubrey or something like that-God, what an unseemly, emotionally blackmailing woman. As gut churningly dreadful and cringeworthy as Chris Webb banging on about the Janner nation at Wembley.

She is the Business minister and absolutely horrible and she has to have come out with one of the most cringeworthy moments in politics ever.  Unable to understand what the crowd is chanting, she proclaims:

"Make them sing Hey Jude, I love that"

If you can stomach her until you get that far, it's at -46.20

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and sure enough, the sheeple comply..

The whole thing is quite revolting.

Absolutely fecking dreadful. SFD and Von Crowntopperwig must be spinning in their imaginary Euro parliament seats at being on the same side as that. Makes Farage look like Gladstone.

BTW, I think that another pie chart may be due.

Mmm,puts a new perspective on all of that "betrayed generation" malarkey.Mind you,i probably wouldn't have voted at that age,didn't know my idealistic arse from my idealistic elbow either back then.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 12:16 am

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Do these people have any idea what they voted on????

"A senior official within Whitehall told the BBC civil servants are having to spend time dealing with angry emails from members of the public informing them their website is out of date "because EU legislation has now been scrapped".

Whitehall departments are apparently considering placing messages on their websites to let users know nothing has legally changed yet following the UK's vote to leave the EU."

It's not only members of the public.

The new mayor of London said in an interview on our local news that we had now left the eu.

There again as a rabid remain supporter (the mayor) I looked upon it as being a continuation of the lies, smears and scare stories that they, as the official remain camp, put out during the run up to the referendum.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 12:31 am

The position in law reains much as it always have been: the referendum is advisory and the only way to leave EU is to activate Article 50.

The only person who can activate Article 50 is our PM and Cameron has said he will not and we don't even know who our next PM will be and the only people who will elect him/her are the 150,000 or so members of the Tory Party.

We may be heading towards the exit but we have not yet reached it and are not yet through it.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 12:34 am

Greenskin wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
But on the other side of the coin there was a government minister speaking at an anti brexit rally at Westminster today, called Soubrey or something like that-God, what an unseemly, emotionally blackmailing woman. As gut churningly dreadful and cringeworthy as Chris Webb banging on about the Janner nation at Wembley.

She is the Business minister and absolutely horrible and she has to have come out with one of the most cringeworthy moments in politics ever.  Unable to understand what the crowd is chanting, she proclaims:

"Make them sing Hey Jude, I love that"

If you can stomach her until you get that far, it's at -46.20

and sure enough, the sheeple comply..

The whole thing is quite revolting.

Absolutely fecking dreadful. SFD and Von Crowntopperwig must be spinning in their imaginary Euro parliament seats at being on the same side as that. Makes Farage look like Gladstone.

BTW, I think that another pie chart may be due.

Mmm,puts a new perspective on all of that "betrayed generation" malarkey.Mind you,i probably wouldn't have voted at that age,didn't know my idealistic arse from my idealistic elbow either back then.

Von Crowntopperwig..... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Is that the best you can do???

Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 12:36 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
The position in law reains much as it always have been: the referendum is advisory and the only way to leave EU is to activate Article 50.

The only person who can activate Article 50 is our PM and Cameron has said he will not and we don't even know who our next PM will be and the only people who will elect him/her are the 150,000 or so members of the Tory Party.

We may be heading towards the exit but we have not yet reached it and are not yet through it.

On Friday I was really down. A few days later and I'm more optimistic.....

Who really has the balls to invoke Article 50?

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 12:46 am

Is there anybody in the Conservative and Unionist Party who would want to go down in history as the PM that destroyed the Union?

Will the Hedge Funds and various City movers that bankroll the Tories allow them to activate Brexit?

And if Article 50 is not activated what does that say about the British democracy that you are so keen to protect as sacrosanct because all of this rests with a, ahem, democratically elected British PM acting entirely within British law.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 7:32 am

seadog wrote:
At least we will save a fortune in fines for being too shite to dish out the land owner's EU subsidies.
I see the NFU are pleading to keep them until 2020, I presume someone will have to contribute to the EU on our behalf to keep the cash rolling in, or not, cue more fines.

So, as a non partisan combatant in the great EU debate, let me get this right ?
When England and Wales actually leave the EU, and want access to the very important free market, we will still have to accept free movement of people, pay into the EU at the same rate as before, just as Norway do,  but we will have to also pay our gracious landowners and farmers the same billions as they get now, but out of our own pockets ? Is that about it ?

What a great days work.  May I suggest Norman Lamont to head our expeditionary negotiating force into Europe....... he's always had his finger on the economic pulse. as all competent Tories do. Shouldn't be too much of a problem now Mr Farage has done the preparatory diplomacy jocolor

We're England, and we're doing our best. flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 8:41 am

zyph wrote:
His German wife is very happy with him.

She works for him. Coming over here taking all our jobs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 8:52 am

Only 178 days until Xmas. santa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 9:19 am

So, (god I can't believe I started a sentence with a poxy Americanism), anyway, so, if there is a general election ( I think there will be) who the hell do you vote for? if anyone!!

Tories = lying, corrupt shyster party of the reach and London luvvies. labour = fecking perpetual turmoil, Green party = window licking yoghurt knitters who will only ever be a token party of the tree huggers, SNP = feckin krankies on acid, UKIP = closet racists, Lib Dems = don't know feck all about them!!!

Time to give Mebyon Kernow a go. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 9:33 am

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

You seriously think that the next PM will not trigger article 50 and that we'll stay in th EU? scratch  

It is totally understandable that Cameron doesn't want to do it. Why would he, personally? Why should he? Somebody who's dead against doing something and has resigned, shouldn't be at the core of what happens next.

It makes complete sense that the new PM, supported and surrounded by a number of similar thinking people, take the next step in implementing and negotiating all the exit terms.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 9:50 am

Ffs stop talking sense Czar!

It's all just wishful thinking from the remainers, grasping at straws.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 10:08 am

It is certainly going to be many months before anything is done. In between now and then you have.

1. A new PM
2. That PM needs to be a Brexiter
3. The PM has to weather the calls for a General Election with a tiny majority
4. Even if they bring a bill to Parliament, which they are going to have to do, then there are many opportunities to block, delay and amend that bill given that there is no way that they would have a majority in the House of Lords

That is quite a few hurdles to overcome.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 10:17 am

As far as I can see, that fact that it'll take time is a good thing. The last thing needed at the minute is knee-jerk decisions. I'd also agree that there will be toys out of the pram from those that didn't and don't like the result.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 10:22 am

The people have spoken, their will must be enacted, failure to do so will lead to civil unrest between the two factions on a scale not seen since the 1640's
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 10:32 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

You seriously think that the next PM will not trigger article 50 and that we'll stay in th EU? scratch  

It is totally understandable that Cameron doesn't want to do it. Why would he, personally? Why should he? Somebody who's dead against doing something and has resigned, shouldn't be at the core of what happens next.

It makes complete sense that the new PM, supported and surrounded by a number of similar thinking people, take the next step in implementing and negotiating all the exit terms.

Because he campaigned on that premise put simply. But leave was never meant or expected to win, least of all by the leavers.

The referendum result isn't binding, we can't just leave. It's not that nearly that simple.

The European Communities Act 1972 has to be repealed before activating, which would need a parliamentary vote which with a majority of 12 the Tories aren't currently likely to push through. Even if it did it could be stuffed by the Lords.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 11:03 am

Czarcasm wrote:
As far as I can see, that fact that it'll take time is a good thing. The last thing needed at the minute is knee-jerk decisions. I'd also agree that there will be toys out of the pram from those that didn't and don't like the result.

No it isn't at all. Its wouldn't be a knee-jerk decision, surely in the year spent knowing either one of two options was going to emerge surely there would have plans for both outcomes. In fact there is no decison to make the public having delivered it so there should be no delay in enshrining in law.

Instead we get dithering, as a result of a Cameron trying to lumber the fall out on his successors. The country is now in an extraordinary state of limbo plunged into it by a unnecessary reckless gamble by Cameron to gain a a bit of short term political advantage in the 2015 election.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 12:26 pm

I'd rather we get the big decisions and negotiations right, and to our utmost benefit, than invoke Article 50 right now (as the other EU countries would like, funny that) and get things done with an overriding priority of haste.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 1:06 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Yes, I'm 90 percent confident of that.

As Cameron has just said, prior to the referendum, it was all ifs and buts. Now the choice is a reality.

Also, another day and you learn something new.

"Before Brexit can be triggered, parliament must repeal the 1972 European Communities Act by which it voted to take us into the European Union – and MPs have every right, and indeed a duty if they think it best for Britain, to vote to stay.

It is being said that the government can trigger Brexit under article 50 of the Lisbon treaty, merely by sending a note to Brussels. This is wrong. Article 50 says: “Any member state may decide to withdraw from the Union in accordance with its own constitutional requirements.” The UK’s most fundamental constitutional requirement is that there must first be the approval of its parliament.

Britain, absurdly, is the only significant country (other than Saudi Arabia) without a written constitution. We have what are termed “constitutional conventions”, along with a lot of history and traditions. Nothing in these precedents allots any place to the results of referendums or requires our sovereign parliament to take a blind bit of notice of them."

The above is from here

Brexiters are well outnumbered in parliament.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next