Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+25
Hugh Midde
mouldyoldgoat
Elias
argyl3
AstiSpumante
Coxside_Green
zyph
Tringreen
seadog
Rollo Tomasi
sufferedsince 68
PatDunne
tigertony
VillageGreen
PlymptonPilgrim
harvetheslayer
Greenskin
Chemical Ali
Czarcasm
Lord Melbury
Charlie Wood
Tgwu
Dick Trickle
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Rickler
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 3:58 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
Johnson isn't as as anti immigration as Joe Pubic thinks, and he's not a shoe in. In fact he could almost be described as on the  centre of their party. The right of the Tory party will want their man in, not Johnson. But then, they don't want to give a platform down the line for UKIP, and the goons hiding among their midst.

Johnson isn't anti anything. He isn't anti the EU. He chose to be to further his own political ambitions. Which now seems to have backfired.

What a shame.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 4:06 pm

Is voting for a party based on big promises which are then broken the day after the vote democracy?

It may be yours but it isn't mine. Is this type of politics your vision for the future?

You may bang on about sore losers but if these facts were known before the referendum, how do you think the vote would have gone?

If I had been a Leave voter, I'd be pretty upset and angry now.  

Anyhow, Article 50 has not been invoked yet and IMO, the longer it takes, the less likely it will happen.

Last edited by Moist_Von_Lipwig on Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 4:12 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Lord Biro wrote:
Johnson isn't as as anti immigration as Joe Pubic thinks, and he's not a shoe in. In fact he could almost be described as on the  centre of their party. The right of the Tory party will want their man in, not Johnson. But then, they don't want to give a platform down the line for UKIP, and the goons hiding among their midst.

Johnson isn't anti anything. He isn't anti the EU. He chose to be to further his own political ambitions. Which now seems to have backfired.

What a shame.

LOL

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 4:16 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
After the Gaurdian readers refused to watch Brexit the movie I now refuse to read the Gaurdian. What is it a Gaurdian for apart from a bunch of whinging losers who cannot accept the fact they backed the wrong horse and they only like democracy when it goes their way.
Oh and btw Franzi stick yer pie charts up yer arse.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I haven't asked anybody to read the Guardian. Not ever.

Why do you keep on saying this? It just isn't true.
@
I haven't said it,
You can't show where I've said it because I didn't say it,
Why do you keep saying I said something when I didn't?
What I said was I refuse to read the Gaurdian anymore because it's biased crybaby anti democracy bullshit, I read it to give me a balanced side of both aides of the debate, you chose to only view one side hence why you get everything so wrong.
Sulk

You have no idea what I read.

None.

So you constantly quote the Gaurdian having not read it? You are a Gaurdian teacher.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 4:22 pm

More Boris.....

Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 4:24 pm

It seems it's not only football we're all expert at. There's no end of twists being played out here so probably pointless to second guess the political future of the UK.

At least it's an opportunity to break away from a corrupt, unaccountable, undemocratic cause that has unsolvable financial problems of its own.

Greece will need a monetary injection any day soon and with us being out of it the onus will be on the Germans and French to cough up. Trouble at Mill pretty soon I would suggest.
The EU have only themselves to blame for our Brexit. The economy was always likely to be vulnerable but how we govern ourselves and the control of immigration are more important in the long term.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 4:27 pm

I still maintain immigration is only a small part of it, 20-25% IMO, then democracy about 40% with the other 35% being a feck you to Cameron and the Westminster toadies.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 4:33 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
It seems it's not only football we're all expert at. There's no end of twists being played out here so probably pointless to second guess the political future of the UK.

At least it's an opportunity to break away from a corrupt, unaccountable, undemocratic cause that has unsolvable financial problems of its own.

Greece will need a monetary injection any day soon and with us being out of it the onus will be on the Germans and French to cough up. Trouble at Mill pretty soon I would suggest.
The EU have only themselves to blame for our Brexit. The economy was always likely to be vulnerable but how we govern ourselves and the control of immigration are more important in the long term.

We don't have to pay anything to support Greece!

Last edited by Moist_Von_Lipwig on Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 4:36 pm

Also........

If we leave, it looks likely that we will have to accept the free movement of people/labour if we want to access the free market....

You are all scared about Turkey joining. If we are outside the EU, we will lose our veto!!!!

But it's not very likely that Turkey will be accepted..........

Last edited by Moist_Von_Lipwig on Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 4:40 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
I still maintain immigration is only a small part of it, 20-25% IMO, then democracy about 40% with the other 35% being a feck you to Cameron and the Westminster toadies.

I voted to leave because i am not comfortable with the power Brussels has. Immigration was low on my list of wanting out of the EU, we need a certain amount of immigrants to bolster the economy, as there are a lot of British folk who simply do not have the education and/or skills to do certain jobs.

To be honest, i really thought the remain camp would win, albeit slightly. We are where we are now and there are bad times ahead for the foreseeable future, but it will settle down in the end i believe and the UK will gain more for being out of the EU than in the EU.

I read elsewhere yesterday that one possible trade route could be with Russia ?. Whether that would happen is another question.

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 4:44 pm

"We're in danger of becoming the next Greece."

How often have you heard that?

Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 4:47 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

I voted to leave because i am not comfortable with the power Brussels has. Immigration was low on my list of wanting out of the EU, we need a certain amount of immigrants to bolster the economy, as there are a lot of British folk who simply do not have the education and/or skills to do certain jobs.

To be honest, i really thought the remain camp would win, albeit slightly. We are where we are now and there are bad times ahead for the foreseeable future, but it will settle down in the end i believe and the UK will gain more for being out of the EU than in the EU.

I read elsewhere yesterday that one possible trade route could be with Russia ?. Whether that would happen is another question.

I've seen this a lot. Just what power do you think Brussels has over the UK?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 4:53 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

Since Thursday, none Thumbs party animal parteeeeee chickendance
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 4:54 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Also........

If we leave, it looks likely that we will have to accept the free movement of people/labour if we want to access the free market....

You are all scared about Turkey joining. If we are outside the EU, we will lose our veto!!!!

It's not if it's when and we don't have to accept feck all, what we need is a tough pm who is prepared to say no deal. If all the remainers were in charge we'd be fecked, leave it to the people with the bolocks for the job mate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 4:56 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
"We're in danger of becoming the next Greece."

How often have you heard that?

A bit like Greece apart from being bankrupt you mean? Congrats on tearing yourself away from the Gaurdian for a minute though.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 4:57 pm

I think what should happen post referendum.

Cameron the quitter should trigger article 50 as soon as possible like tomorrow or at the meeting with the eu leaders this week.

An all party team made up of the leave leaders go to Europe to start negotiations. The Labour lady, Stuart should be the leader/ chair of the team with a high ranking civil servant as well. Someone from all parties who declared they wanted to leave should be in the team. I would also include Fararge as well.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 4:58 pm

Phillip Hammond talking to Robert Peston this morning.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 5:02 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

So did they have any before?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 5:09 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Phillip Hammond talking to Robert Peston this morning.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Project fear can kiss my sweaty arse. I hate all you wet as feck calamity mongerers. We don't need anybody, one door closes another one opens, I don't believe that the only market is Europe, you are being led by the nose by the Tories and their big business chums, man up FFS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 5:12 pm

Don't worry the limp dems are coming to the rescue of the democracy haters! lol!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 5:14 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

So did they have any before?

Apparently, but I'm no expert on the subject, plenty of people far more qualified than me(or maybe even you) appeared to think so though.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 5:26 pm

According to British business, it is 65%. The EU say it is 80%.

They do not include regulations passed by the European Commission.

The figures are revised up from 2014 data as of June 2016.

The European Parliament has said that a large portion of the laws adopted by Westminster and the House of Lords are EU-laws that are made into national laws.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 5:42 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
According to British business, it is 65%. The EU say it is 80%.

They do not include regulations passed by the European Commission.

The figures are revised up from 2014 data as of June 2016.

The European Parliament has said that a large portion of the laws adopted by Westminster and the House of Lords are EU-laws that are made into national laws.

Depends who and what you want to believe.....

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 5:46 pm

I think the really good thing that will come from this is that the government won't be able to blame any laws on Europe.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 6:04 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
I think the really good thing that will come from this is that the government won't be able to blame any laws on Europe.

As far as I can gather (if I'm wrong, please let me know) is that the vast majotity of these "laws" relate to consumer safety and protection as well as environmental protection. Most of them being administrative.

Also, every major "law" has to be ratified by both the European Parliament and the individual country's parliament.

The UK has representatives in these "law" making bodies.

I don't get where all this "Brussels control" comes from.

Give me say 5 examples where Brussels have "fecked us over"?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next