Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+25
Hugh Midde
mouldyoldgoat
Elias
argyl3
AstiSpumante
Coxside_Green
zyph
Tringreen
seadog
Rollo Tomasi
sufferedsince 68
PatDunne
tigertony
VillageGreen
PlymptonPilgrim
harvetheslayer
Greenskin
Chemical Ali
Czarcasm
Lord Melbury
Charlie Wood
Tgwu
Dick Trickle
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Rickler
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 1:10 pm

How many more are out there....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 1:32 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
How many more are out there....

That's about a dozen that I've seen and heard of. Only 1.3 million to go.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 1:34 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
The people have spoken, their will must be enacted, failure to do so will lead to civil unrest between the two factions on a scale not seen since the 1640's

You bet there will be. That demonstration by those pathetic Remainers yesterday at Westminster would seem like Evensong in comparison.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 1:40 pm

The look on the faces of the people unwilling to accept democracy will be worth waiting for when we get out of Brussels. Free trade deal or not we will be out. At least a trade deal isnt the end of the world when the federation collapses we wont be liable to bale every third world eastern european country out. In the meantime just listening to their desperate bitching and whining is most enjoyable. lol!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 1:50 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
The position in law reains much as it always have been: the referendum is advisory and the only way to leave EU is to activate Article 50.

The only person who can activate Article 50 is our PM and Cameron has said he will not and we don't even know who our next PM will be and the only people who will elect him/her are the 150,000 or so members of the Tory Party.

We may be heading towards the exit but we have not yet reached it and are not yet through it.

On Friday I was really down. A few days later and I'm more optimistic.....

Who really has the balls to invoke Article 50?

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

You seriously think that the next PM will not trigger article 50 and that we'll stay in th EU? scratch  

Yes, I'm 90 percent confident of that.

As Cameron has just said, prior to the referendum, it was all ifs and buts. Now the choice is a reality.

Also, another day and you learn something new.

"Before Brexit can be triggered, parliament must repeal the 1972 European Communities Act by which it voted to take us into the European Union – and MPs have every right, and indeed a duty if they think it best for Britain, to vote to stay.

It is being said that the government can trigger Brexit under article 50 of the Lisbon treaty, merely by sending a note to Brussels. This is wrong. Article 50 says: “Any member state may decide to withdraw from the Union in accordance with its own constitutional requirements.” The UK’s most fundamental constitutional requirement is that there must first be the approval of its parliament.

Britain, absurdly, is the only significant country (other than Saudi Arabia) without a written constitution. We have what are termed “constitutional conventions”, along with a lot of history and traditions. Nothing in these precedents allots any place to the results of referendums or requires our sovereign parliament to take a blind bit of notice of them."

The above is from here

Brexiters are well outnumbered in parliament.

Moist, if you really think this referendum result will be ignored, you are properly away with the fairies.

It really isn't worth debating with you, but I'll just point out one little thing - do you seriously think the Prime Minister would have resigned, if he thought there was some way he could manufacture a scenario to not Brexit?
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 1:59 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
The people have spoken, their will must be enacted, failure to do so will lead to civil unrest between the two factions on a scale not seen since the 1640's

Really?

Better get stocked up with tins then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 2:09 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I'd rather we get the big decisions and negotiations right, and to our utmost benefit, than invoke Article 50 right now (as the other EU countries would like, funny that) and get things done with an overriding priority of haste.

It's been made though. leave. What other decision is there to be made?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 2:11 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
The position in law reains much as it always have been: the referendum is advisory and the only way to leave EU is to activate Article 50.

The only person who can activate Article 50 is our PM and Cameron has said he will not and we don't even know who our next PM will be and the only people who will elect him/her are the 150,000 or so members of the Tory Party.

We may be heading towards the exit but we have not yet reached it and are not yet through it.

On Friday I was really down. A few days later and I'm more optimistic.....

Who really has the balls to invoke Article 50?

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

You seriously think that the next PM will not trigger article 50 and that we'll stay in th EU? scratch  

Yes, I'm 90 percent confident of that.

As Cameron has just said, prior to the referendum, it was all ifs and buts. Now the choice is a reality.

Also, another day and you learn something new.

"Before Brexit can be triggered, parliament must repeal the 1972 European Communities Act by which it voted to take us into the European Union – and MPs have every right, and indeed a duty if they think it best for Britain, to vote to stay.

It is being said that the government can trigger Brexit under article 50 of the Lisbon treaty, merely by sending a note to Brussels. This is wrong. Article 50 says: “Any member state may decide to withdraw from the Union in accordance with its own constitutional requirements.” The UK’s most fundamental constitutional requirement is that there must first be the approval of its parliament.

Britain, absurdly, is the only significant country (other than Saudi Arabia) without a written constitution. We have what are termed “constitutional conventions”, along with a lot of history and traditions. Nothing in these precedents allots any place to the results of referendums or requires our sovereign parliament to take a blind bit of notice of them."

The above is from here

Brexiters are well outnumbered in parliament.

Moist, if you really think this referendum result will be ignored, you are properly away with the fairies.

It really isn't worth debating with you, but I'll just point out one little thing - do you seriously think the Prime Minister would have resigned, if he thought there was some way he could manufacture a scenario to not Brexit?

No. He resigned because he gambled his reputation in return for a short term party management problem and lost. He had to go.
As Senator John Kerry suggest, nobody really wants to kick this off and nobody really knows how to either.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 2:53 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

You bet there will be. That demonstration by those pathetic Remainers yesterday at Westminster would seem like Evensong in comparison.

The soppy politician with the fake tears cracked me up when she started performing for the mob of rent-a-students Sad
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 2:54 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Really?

Yeah, or take flight to Spain sunny
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 3:31 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

Talk about contradictions...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 4:11 pm

Come on you guys it's not fair to take the piss out of desperate people. Guffaw. Maybe if the remainers had paid heed to the desperate people at the bottom of society this could have been avoided? This whole debacle is feckin brilliant from a comedy angle. I quite like the posh cafe in town but have feck all in common with the MacBook reading yuppie launchers who generally dwell there, I've stopped going for a while because all you can hear is an undercurrent of bitching and whining about a result they don't like. Meanwhile up at the Union pub where a lot of the common folk dwell the mood is quite celebratory. The common man seems to love it, the yuppies hate it, I've alway hated yuppies. cheers
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 4:16 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Come on you guys it's not fair to take the piss out of desperate people. Guffaw. Maybe if the remainers had paid heed to the desperate people at the bottom of society this could have been avoided? This whole debacle is feckin brilliant from a comedy angle. I quite like the posh cafe in town but have feck all in common with the MacBook reading yuppie launchers who generally dwell there, I've stopped going for a while because all you can hear is an undercurrent of bitching and whining about a result they don't like. Meanwhile up at the Union pub where a lot of the common folk dwell the mood is quite celebratory. The common man seems to love it, the yuppies hate it, I've alway hated yuppies. cheers
Thumbs Thumbs Thumbs   With Bells on...........

I wonder if Porkchop Pig Pig Pig Pig Pig Pig  was a Remainer or a Brexiter   laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 4:36 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Really?

Yeah, or take flight to Spain sunny

Feck, yea! Laughing
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 4:38 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:

Are there still yuppies? I thought they'd become extinct.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 5:36 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

It won't be ignored. We will just have a general election and each party will have it's own manifesto regarding the EU. The election result will override the referendum result.

The PM resigned as he lost the gamble and wouldn't have wanted to invoke Article 50. The next PM has to do that!

As one of your illustrious leaders said prior to the referendum, a 52/48 split is too close and the fight will continue. I'm just taking a leaf out of his book!!

Do you think we need to trade with Europe at all?

Do you think that we could survive using WTO rules only to trade with Europe?

Just about every other scenario would involve us having to obey all EU laws (with no influence over them) and accept free movement. Plus we would probably have to pay the EU too! All worse deals than we currently have.

Have a read and tell us what you think the best option would be.

Now that Brexit is a real possibility, I think that a lot of the electorate will get cold feet and move from Leave to Remain. The "leap into the unknown" will frighten a lot of people.

Let's be honest. The Brexit camp lied (the u-turns the day after the referendum). How can they be believed again!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 5:51 pm

They both lied Moist and the referendum is a done deal, although its amusing seeing you clutching at straws. This repeating something until you believe it's true is proper phycopathic behaviour, give it up mate you'll end up like Nool soon. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 5:54 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
They both lied Moist and the referendum is a done deal, although its amusing seeing you clutching at straws. This repeating something until you believe it's true is proper phycopathic behaviour, give it up mate you'll end up like Nool soon. Laughing

Any chance that you will read the document and tell me what you think would be the best deal?

All you ever do is play the man and fail to address the issue. Typical Brexit tactics.IMO, we are not going anywhere.

What makes you 100% sure that we will Brexit?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 6:35 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:

Oi, I have a Macbook. Nothing wrong with macbooks. Even my mate KJN has one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 6:44 pm

FTSE 100 climbs above pre-brexit levels, Sterling jumps up against the Dollar, Wall street climbs again, EU markets all up - Sky business reports claim a huge influx of interest from foreign firms in wanting to move TO London, post the EU referendum!!

All positive news in the light of the scaremongering shite we (nasty Brexiters) have been fed over the last weeks, months.

Now, let's get a new PM in and invoke this fekin A 50.

I VOTED OUT AND NO FECKING WAY AM I ASHAMED, EMBARASSED OR HAVE ANY REGRETS WHAT-SO-EVER. SO FECK OFF.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 6:49 pm

Just trying to redress the balance here. Too much negativity towards us Brexiters. Banana

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 8:16 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

Any chance that you will read the document and tell me what you think would be the best deal?

All you ever do is play the man and fail to address the issue. Typical Brexit tactics.IMO, we are not going anywhere.

What makes you 100% sure that we will Brexit?

Because we will. It is going to happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 8:30 pm

Popcorn Pig wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

Oi, I have a Macbook. Nothing wrong with macbooks. Even my mate KJN has one.

But you don't sit in a cafe opposite a colleague also with a macbook speaking really loudly about your PowerPoint presentation for the local yoghurt knitting club do you? The worst thing is how loud they are, the low murmur of convo in a cafe can be lovely thing, yuppies showing off is grating.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 10:00 pm

France and Spain are opposed to Scotland receiving special treatment to continue remaining in the EU.  Major blow to Sturgeon.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 10:12 pm

When is Jezza going to resign ?.

He is not the right person to lead the Labour Party and with him at the helm for four years, there is no chance of any election victory.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next