Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+25
Hugh Midde
mouldyoldgoat
Elias
argyl3
AstiSpumante
Coxside_Green
zyph
Tringreen
seadog
Rollo Tomasi
sufferedsince 68
PatDunne
tigertony
VillageGreen
PlymptonPilgrim
harvetheslayer
Greenskin
Chemical Ali
Czarcasm
Lord Melbury
Charlie Wood
Tgwu
Dick Trickle
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Rickler
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 12:51 pm

Anyone else seen this ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 12:58 pm

Merely pointing out what you will need to do if you wish to choose our next PM given that some, at least, of the reasoning for voting Leave was that there is a democratic void at the heart of EU.

I'm just pointing out that the UK's democratic systems are far from perfect. That's all.

And here's a pie chart showing how the votes were cast, or not, in the referendum.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 1:13 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
I know that the referendum delivered a result but I'm not happy that it was based on lies and scare tactics.

Are you for real? Did you not think that the remain campaign was totally based on a doomsday scenario?

But even with all the lies and scare tactics.....people where not fooled by that approach from Cameron/Osborne and still voted to leave.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 1:17 pm

After the Gaurdian readers refused to watch Brexit the movie I now refuse to read the Gaurdian. What is it a Gaurdian for apart from a bunch of whinging losers who cannot accept the fact they backed the wrong horse and they only like democracy when it goes their way.
Oh and btw Franzi stick yer pie charts up yer arse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 1:17 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Anyone else seen this ?

Nope.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 1:22 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
After the Gaurdian readers refused to watch Brexit the movie I now refuse to read the Gaurdian. What is it a Gaurdian for apart from a bunch of whinging losers who cannot accept the fact they backed the wrong horse and they only like democracy when it goes their way.

The Guardian is for reading when munching on a croissant in Islington whilst wearing a corduroy blazer.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 1:31 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:

In the process ignoring the democratic wishes of the electorate

But LM, could you also say that the "democratic wishes of the electorate" relating to the main issues concerning EU membership (immigration, free movement of people/labour, all the money saved invested in the NHS), have post referendum been ignored by Brexit leaders?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 1:36 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:

I haven't asked anybody to read the Guardian. Not ever.

Why do you keep on saying this? It just isn't true.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 1:37 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:

Hey.... I watched it to try and see the other point of view........
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 1:40 pm

zyph wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
I know that the referendum delivered a result but I'm not happy that it was based on lies and scare tactics.

Are you for real? Did you not think that the remain campaign was totally based on a doomsday scenario?

But even with all the lies and scare tactics.....people where not fooled by that approach from Cameron/Osborne and still voted to leave.

They Brexiters voted to leave because of no more free movement of people/labour, 350 million per week more for the NHS and a large reduction in immigration.

I think both sides were fooled!!
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 1:42 pm

I read the Guardian, and the Mail......
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 1:44 pm

Rickler wrote:
Pat...  I'm guessing he's slightly exaggerating?
I am. I try to avoid ''serious'' - not my kind of thing really. However, do the ''leavers'' really know what they have done?
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 1:52 pm

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 2:04 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Anyone else seen this ?

Just read it. Interesting word "desperately" in the title.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 2:32 pm

Breaking: letter circulating among Tory backbenchers calling on 1922 Committee to delay leadership contest.

Looks like there's going to be longer to sign up than I thought!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 2:36 pm

I voted remain but more voted to leave, and thats what should happen.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 2:40 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Breaking: letter circulating among Tory backbenchers calling on 1922 Committee to delay leadership contest.

Looks like there's going to be longer to sign up than I thought!

Hopefully, let's get 50 through first.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 2:43 pm

Johnson isn't as as anti immigration as Joe Pubic thinks, and he's not a shoe in. In fact he could almost be described as on the centre of their party. The right of the Tory party will want their man in, not Johnson. But then, they don't want to give a platform down the line for UKIP, and the goons hiding among their midst.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 2:50 pm

The SNP could veto the Brexit result.

Belgium have said that they would support Scotland remaining in the EU.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 3:05 pm

I don't think any of them ever considered for even a minute that Leave would win LB & they very badly mis-judged the mood of those in the electorate they like to pretend don't exist.
Johnson & Gove & others on the Vote Leave team like that slimy weasel Hannan were very carefully briefed & selected.
Why do you think Farage & Grassroots out weren't allowed anywhere near the "official" campaign.
It's all been an elaborate hoax by Cameron to try to gain a mandate for further EU integration & it's all gone tits up.
Without question Cameron was the slimiest & most inept prime minister in my lifetime. The last thing we need is another one in Boris.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 3:07 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Merely pointing out what you will need to do if you wish to choose our next PM given that some, at least, of the reasoning for voting Leave was that there is a democratic void at the heart of EU.

I'm just pointing out that the UK's democratic systems are far from perfect. That's all.

And here's a pie chart showing how the votes were cast, or not, in the referendum.

What a load of crap, cant vote ???? Do you want to give 3 year olds the vote ?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 3:17 pm

The usual shit from him.

Certain people like posting links so how about this one.

Changing my avatar just for them.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 3:20 pm

This is an interesting stat.
In the aftermath of the vote it was repeatedly said that the elderly (who would soon be dead) had voted away the future of the youngsters.
Referendum % voter turnout by age group :-

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 3:33 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

I haven't said it,
You can't show where I've said it because I didn't say it,
Why do you keep saying I said something when I didn't?
What I said was I refuse to read the Gaurdian anymore because it's biased crybaby anti democracy bullshit, I read it to give me a balanced side of both aides of the debate, you chose to only view one side hence why you get everything so wrong.
Sulk
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 3:41 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

I haven't said it,
You can't show where I've said it because I didn't say it,
Why do you keep saying I said something when I didn't?
What I said was I refuse to read the Gaurdian anymore because it's biased crybaby anti democracy bullshit, I read it to give me a balanced side of both aides of the debate, you chose to only view one side hence why you get everything so wrong.
Sulk

You have no idea what I read.

None.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next