Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+25
Hugh Midde
mouldyoldgoat
Elias
argyl3
AstiSpumante
Coxside_Green
zyph
Tringreen
seadog
Rollo Tomasi
sufferedsince 68
PatDunne
tigertony
VillageGreen
PlymptonPilgrim
harvetheslayer
Greenskin
Chemical Ali
Czarcasm
Lord Melbury
Charlie Wood
Tgwu
Dick Trickle
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Rickler
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Rollo Tomasi

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 10:41 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
This is the sort of thing that nationalism and protectionism  spawns.
I know of many places in Plymouth that have never accepted Scottish notes despite it being legal tender, ant there isn't even an exchange rate problem. Totem Timber for one. And many businesses don't accept cash at all.

It is NOT Legal Tender. It isn't even legal tender in Scotland.

It is optional whether any business will except it.

What that business can't do is give it out as change.

Which is why many refuse to take it.

It has nothing to do with nationalism.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 10:45 pm

Greenskin wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Done. Thanks....

It's not over yet. I do believe in democracy but not an election based on intimidation and lies........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 10:46 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Like it or not Frank and Moist you both felt Europe was the best this for you but more people thought they wanted out, that is democracy and a rare example at that. The trouble with referendums is that you don't always get the answer you want.

I don't like it but I have to accept it. My only problem is that people were misled by both sides and IMO many people voted on the wrong issue. I really hope that you are 100% correct in your predictions and that I am 100% wrong because (even) if we meet in the middle, you Brexiteers IMO, have really screwed everyone.

For what??

As for Moist have you been asked to leave Germany? I bet the answers no and I bet you don't either, they like selling us our cars and will protect it. I also expect there are as many Germans working here as we have in Germany and the status quo will be maintained. I didn't believe the scare stories before Brexit I don't believe it now.
As for Biccy same old tired crap.

No, I haven't been asked to leave but in two years and three months time (if the negotiations turn sour), who knows?

I have a young daughter here. Luckily, she has dual citizenship. I don't. I have to think about me and her as well. Should it come down to it, I'm actually looking at taking German citizenship (if it comes to it) - (are we not all Anglo Saxons?), as I'd rather be a European than a Little (isolationist) Englander!

I'm British (English) and proud of it. I am ashamed of my fellow countrymen though for having such small minds in what is the 21st century!

Just answer this question please (with some detail to back up your statements).

What exactly have the Brexiters won?

I'm glad Europes working for you Moist unforch it's not working for a majority of voting British people and that's the end of it, like we would have had to deal with it if you lot had won. I've never voted before and been pleased with the outcome I'm actually enjoying seeing the Tory cnuts squirming and just remember I didn't vote Cameron, that's one vote I'm regretting right now as he's made a feckin great horlicks of his most cunning plan. lol!
Like it or not were out of Europe if you want some support get on facebook, but only on the pages of the other 48% who voted the other way as well. Very Happy
Sick of the bitching now, had 6 months of it, it's over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 10:47 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Done. Thanks....

It's not over yet. I do believe in democracy but not an election based on intimidation and lies........

Are you for real? It's the innies who were peddling all the lies, anyway it's over deal with it.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 10:51 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Done. Thanks....

lol! You've got a fecking good sense of humour, i'll give you that.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 10:57 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Lord Biro wrote:
I know of many places in Plymouth that have never accepted Scottish notes despite it being legal tender, ant there isn't even an exchange rate problem. Totem Timber for one. And many businesses don't accept cash at all.

Another pub "fact"!!

It is legal tender but doesn't have to be legally accepted.

Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 11:07 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:

I'm glad Europes working for you Moist unforch it's not working for a majority of voting British people and that's the end of it, like we would have had to deal with it if you lot had won. I've never voted before and been pleased with the outcome I'm actually enjoying seeing the Tory cnuts squirming and just remember I didn't vote Cameron, that's one vote I'm regretting right now as he's made a feckin great horlicks of his most cunning plan. lol!
Like it or not were out of Europe if you want some support get on facebook, but only on the pages of the other 48% who voted the other way as well. Very Happy
Sick of the bitching now, had 6 months of it, it's over.

Who says it is working for me?

The UK government is not working for a majority of working people. The EU is just an excuse....

Do some REAL research please.

The main thing that has let's say "annoyed" me during the run up was that the leavers couldn't (or wouldn't) provide anything to back up their calaims...

So........

Just answer this question please (with some detail to back up your statements).

What exactly have the Brexiters won?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 11:15 pm

There no going back. The referendum has been done. The result is in and that is that.

The saddest part of it all will be the destruction of what we have all grown up with: Great Britain, the United Kingdom... Call it what you will.

There will be a second Scottish referendum. They will vote to leave the Union this time. That'll be the end of Great Britain although I suppose nominally the United Kingdom could survive. Northern Ireland might go too.

Cameron will go down in history as the man who called the referendum that allowed the Union to be destroyed. For a self-avowed "one nation Conservative" that is the biggest and worst failure imaginable.

UKIP will go down in history as a movement that destroyed the UK. It won't have won independence for the UK at all because what it wanted independence for won't exist any more. What it will have done is create a separate English parliament because Wales, N Ireland and Scotland will either be independent or have their own. UKIP, in efect, will have created an English Nationalist State.

We'll, us Brits that is, need a new flag, too. The Union Jack will be meaningless without the Scots being part of what it represents. Might as well just go straight to the cross of St George and bury that thing with the blue in it.

I went to sleep last night as a Plymothian, Devonian, Englishman, Briton and European and woke up to find that I am going to have the last two parts of that taken from me before long.

If, as I do, you loved GB/UK (call it what you will) and you voted Leave then you have destroyed the very thing you profess an affection for.

I'm bound to be ripped into for saying this... well fill your boots. I'm too busy mourning the death of the country that raised me to care.

You guys have not "got your country back" (not that it ever existed or was possible to get back anyway) you have torn it asunder and jumped up and down on the pieces that once constituted it to be left with a pale imitation of what once was once, truly, a great Great Britain.

That is the victory you have won. I hope you think it was worth it.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 11:27 pm

Diddums.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 11:32 pm

I was just going to post there there but you beat me too it. Maybe if your side hadn't patronised, slandered, ridiculed and tried to scare the other side into getting your way by any means then the outcome could have been radically different. You are as guilty as Cameron and everybody who voted out on the outcome, take a bow son you played a blinder, now stop feckin whinging and man up you big girls blouse.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 11:38 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
There no going back. The referendum has been done. The result is in and that is that.

The saddest part of it all will be the destruction of what we have all grown up with: Great Britain, the United Kingdom... Call it what you will.

There will be a second Scottish referendum. They will vote to leave the Union this time. That'll be the end of Great Britain although I suppose nominally the United Kingdom could survive. Northern Ireland might go too.

Cameron will go down in history as the man who called the referendum that allowed the Union to be destroyed. For a self-avowed "one nation Conservative" that is the biggest and worst failure imaginable.

UKIP will go down in history as a movement that destroyed the UK. It won't have won independence for the UK at all because what it wanted independence for won't exist any more. What it will have done is create a separate English parliament because Wales, N Ireland and Scotland will either be independent or have their own. UKIP, in efect, will have created an English Nationalist State.

We'll, us Brits that is, need a new flag, too. The Union Jack will be meaningless without the Scots being part of what it represents. Might as well just go straight to the cross of St George and bury that thing with the blue in it.

I went to sleep last night as a Plymothian, Devonian, Englishman, Briton and European and woke up to find that I am going to have the last two parts of that taken from me before long.

If, as I do, you loved GB/UK (call it what you will) and you voted Leave then you have destroyed the very thing you profess an affection for.

I'm bound to be ripped into for saying this... well fill your boots. I'm too busy mourning the death of the country that raised me to care.

You guys have not "got your country back" (not that it ever existed or was possible to get back anyway) you have torn it asunder and jumped up and down on the pieces that once constituted it to be left with a pale imitation of what once was once, truly, a great Great Britain.

Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 11:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 11:46 pm

You guys genuinely don't care about the break up of the UK?

Seriously?
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 11:48 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

LOL Never a real answer.....

Just what have YOU won?????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 11:48 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Lord Biro wrote:

Technically true, but most business accept it. No one refuses it in Scotland and English banks accept it as a deposit. Refusing it causes ill feeling.
The banking industry say...........
The term 'legal tender' has very little practical meaning as far as ordinary, everyday transactions are concerned, and it has no bearing on the acceptability of authorised banknotes as a means of payment …"
"The acceptability of any means of payment, including banknotes, is essentially a matter for agreement between the parties involved."

I guess issues like this are going to be more important in the future as currency/trade barriers go up everywhere, even in these islands.
Like it or not, nationalism and ill feeling for other peoples and countries is on the rise, of which our referendum and vote is a symptom. France may well be next, followed by the big one, Germany. And if their right wing nationalist movement gets near actual power, then we really do have problems on our hands. Still, these things have a momentum all of their own, and what will be will be.
Even a couple of weeks before the referendum, I see the German foreign minister has complained bitterly about a large Nato force of Americans, Brits and Polish holding "sabre rattling" exercises next to the Ukraine and Putin. That's NATO, they're complaining about, not the EU. The old fault lines are reappearing fast. Worrying times ahead. There's an authoritarian loon in the Kremlin, all we need now is a blonde Bojo look-a-like authoritarian loon in the White House. Come on down Mr Trump.

Last edited by Lord Biro on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 11:51 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Lord Biro wrote:

Another pub "fact"!!

It is a legal currency. The fact it can be rejected proves it is not legal tender.
By the way, I don't do pubs.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 11:52 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Lord Biro wrote:

Technically true,

"Tecnically true" or "fact"? Please answer the question!
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 11:54 pm

Lord Biro wrote:

I guess issues like this are going to be more important in the future as currency/trade barriers go up everywhere, even in these islands.
Like it or not, nationalism and ill feeling for other peoples and countries is on the rise, of which our referendum and vote is a symptom. France may well be next, followed by the big one, Germany. And if their right wing nationalist movement gets near actual power, then we really do have problems on our hands. Still, these things have a momentum all of their own, and what will be will be.
Even a couple of weeks before the referendum, I see the German foreign minister has complained bitterly about a large Nato force of Americans, Brits and Polish holding "sabre rattling" exercises next to the Ukraine and Putin. That's NATO, they're complaining about, not the EU. The old fault lines are reappearing fast. Worrying times ahead. There's an authoritarian loon in the Kremlin, all we need now is a blonde authoritarian loon in the White House.

So...

Breaking upthe EU is a good or bad thing?
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 11:58 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:

Another pub "fact"!!

[/quote]

It is a legal currency. The fact it can be rejected proves it is not legal tender.
By the way, I don't do pubs.[/quote]

You are Nigel Farage/Boris Johnson and I claim my ten pounds/ 2 dollars / 1 euro.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 11:59 pm

I believe it to be an acceptable means of payment in this country and refusing it causes uneccessary ill feeling. Legality is but one consideration. There are many forms of accepted payment.
I do very few facts in my life Moist, as they keep changing every five minutes.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 12:03 am

Lord Biro wrote:
I believe it to be an acceptable means of payment in this country and refusing it causes uneccessary ill feeling. Legality is but one consideration. There are many forms of accepted payment.
I do very few facts in my life Moist, as they keep changing every five minutes.

FFS! Is it a legal tender?

Just a yes or no answer please.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 12:24 am

Calm down Moist, don't let the Brexiteers get to you. I'm not one, and have enjoyed your input on the matter. You have talked a lot of good sense.
Sainsburys and Aldi accept Scottish notes so that's legal enough for me. It's a long time since I studied the law of contract etc.
As for Europe breaking up, I think that's a bad thing as far as potential war goes, but it doesn't have to break up. The EU isn't the only option, and just maybe reform can work for those left in. The Eu parliament is in hock to the big corporations and industry barons, BUT, so is Westminster. Not much of a choice.

The EU marching East so quickly right up to the Baltic, and humiliating Greece, were not good ideas at all.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 12:31 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

That has to be the most self pitying load of twaddle I have ever had to read on ATD and that's saying something bearing in mind your recent disagreements with people on here.

As for moist's repeated 'What exactly have the Brexiters won?' I would say a number of things...

to spend our money on things that this country needs.
Control over who comes into this country and before anyone says that we will be at more risk of terrorist acts because we are outside of Europe here's a thought for you.

European security co operation was sadly lacking when the Paris attacks happened. France went into lock down but some of the suspects still managed to get back to Belgium.

News reports at the time said that the Belgium Police and Belgium security services, because of a lack of trust, didn't share information let alone share anything with the French.

To give us the right to have our laws and not laws made by faceless eurocrats who don't give a flying feck about Britain, any other country or anything else except keeping themselves on the euro gravy train.

As far as I am concerned I can't wait for us to be rid of the eu.

I want to sit back and watch the euro go to into a tail spin when Greece leaves.

I want to watch Italy feck up. I want to see cnuts like Germany and France hurt because of money troubles in the eu because I will know that we will be well out of it and that they deserve everything coming to them.

I want real pain for them for the way they and the eu big knobs like tusk have tried to bully us into staying.

I have always been a supporter of Cameron but not any more. I couldn't give a shit about his resignation. His use of down right lies and his use of his political friends like obama to threaten us with "back of the queue" when it came to trade deals with the US was when I stopped supporting him. To hear a news report saying that he was thrilled with the presidents speech was just sickening. That a British PM would be happy with a so called friend threatening this country! What a cnut!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 12:46 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

I want to sit back and watch the euro go to into a tail spin when Greece leaves.

I want to watch Italy feck up. I want to see cnuts like Germany and France hurt because of money troubles in the eu because I will know that we will be well out of it and that they deserve everything coming to them.

I want real pain for them for the way they and the eu big knobs like tusk have tried to bully us into staying.

Dear oh dear. This is the sort of talk that will get us all into a nasty situation. The worst of human interaction, and makes me wonder just how many influential people "over there" harbour the same animosity toward us now. It doesn't take much to unearth deep seated hatred.
To be honest, until the crash, much of Europe had almost always out performed the UK, and the Euro is still higher in value against sterling than when it was created.
This faux revival in our fortunes is temporary and QE funded, for short term political reasons and of course the huge world debts are still out there somewhere. I expect this government to be pleading poverty shortly when it wants to carry on it's ideological poor bashing, with quite a few cheering them on. .
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 2:14 am

Quote :
I want real pain for them

Why would anybody wish that on anybody else?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next