Tgwu
Tringreen
RegGreen
SteelCannon
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Webby speaking.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webby speaking....   Webby speaking.... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 8:06 pm

seadog wrote:
Is it on YouTube yet?

Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Webby speaking....   Webby speaking.... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 8:13 pm

You'll all be getting emails soon demanding you stop the abuse lol!

You might even get thinly veiled threats at who your employer is. Although they will be out of date by about 2 years lol!

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Webby speaking....   Webby speaking.... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 9:34 pm

One piece of good news, we could'nt hear the prick! cheers
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Webby speaking....   Webby speaking.... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 9:36 pm

I could unfortunately!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Webby speaking....   Webby speaking.... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 9:43 pm

Boo ! Shut up Webby you twat ! Brent out !

The dimwitted Avivas around me didn't say a word.

Why are our fans so easy ?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Webby speaking....   Webby speaking.... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 10:08 pm

I do wonder.......but a good day out. No onecares im afraid.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Webby speaking....   Webby speaking.... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 10:29 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
Was it piped into the dressing room ?
When I saw the emotion of the trust run Wimbledon today, back from the dead, juxta opposed to Brent's speculating Argyle, it said everything...

But whenever fan-ownership is suggested for you lot even most of the sensible ATD-ers dismiss it. I even saw someone post recently that sustainability would get you nowhere, which is surprising to say the least, given how you nearly ended up.

If the yearning for the PL is that great and you feel private ownership is therefore essential, then fair enough - but that will always carry the strong risk of ending up with a succession of owners with cunning plans in the Brent/NWO mould. How many years is it since you had a decent/competent private owner?

Anyway, fan-ownership wouldn't prevent you from giving control to a rich man if you ever found yourself in a good place and a potential owner you trusted came along. Of course that owner could then dispose of the club to a shyster without you having any say, or become incapacitated - which is a major negative with the private ownership model.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Webby speaking....   Webby speaking.... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 10:30 pm

Tringreen wrote:

They should be less easy after today, which should be some consolation at least.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webby speaking....   Webby speaking.... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 10:35 pm

There are many fans on here that would like a trust run club. You pick out one or two who think differently. Probably 50/50.
As for what would happen in the future, it is enough to deal with and live in the present. Hypothesising about what a Trust might do in the future is pointless. Might as well discuss the weather.
Sunny tomorrow. All day sunny
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Webby speaking....   Webby speaking.... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 10:56 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
There are many fans on here that would like a trust run club. You pick out one or two who think differently. Probably 50/50.
As for what would happen in the future, it is enough to deal with and live in the present. Hypothesising about what a Trust might do in the future is pointless. Might as well discuss the weather.
Sunny tomorrow. All day sunny

Good to hear. I haven't lurked or posted here as much as I used to (combination of avoiding the flak while you were doing better in a misfiring season for us and discovering alternatives to exeweb) but when I was here regularly it certainly seemed to be case that the majority either felt fan-ownership would thwart the PL dream or else made the mistake of judging the desirability of Trust ownership/the credibility of Trusts as an idea by the effectiveness or otherwise of those temporarily guiding it, or the danger of Webb taking over. It could just have been a mistaken impression as you say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webby speaking....   Webby speaking.... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 11:23 pm

Fan ownership or private ownership, just want an owner who isn't a cvnt, is that too much to ask?
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Webby speaking....   Webby speaking.... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 11:27 pm

Pafcintheplace wrote:
Fan ownership or private ownership, just want an owner who isn't a cvnt, is that too much to ask?

In contemporary English football the answer seems to be "yes". Money and/or land attracts sharks unfortunately.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webby speaking....   Webby speaking.... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 11:33 pm

jabba the gut ecfc wrote:
Pafcintheplace wrote:

In contemporary English football the answer seems to be "yes". Money and/or land attracts sharks unfortunately.

Can't argue with that jabs - not just a Russell or Lewis either, even a knighted capn of industry wont have any scruples in wrecking a club then leave it to die.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webby speaking....   Webby speaking.... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 12:34 am

Luckily I missed the twat although we did sing a brief round of "feck off Webby" at the pub, loads of moaning from everybody around me when someone mentioned his speech.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webby speaking....   Webby speaking.... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 12:44 am

If only someone had managed to record the magnificent rallying cry for posterity on their smartphone. If  they did, then the chants of 'There's only one Darren Purse' and 'Sit down, shut up' from his devoted followers might also have been commited to film. 

Chris Webb. Because Pilgrim Pete in a dance-off with a Womble just isn't embarrassing enough.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Webby speaking....   Webby speaking.... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 12:53 am

Homeslice wrote:
If only someone had managed to record the magnificent rallying cry for posterity on their smartphone. If  they did, then the chants of 'There's only one Darren Purse' and 'Sit down, shut up' from his devoted followers might also have been commited to film. 

Chris Webb. Because Pilgrim Pete in a dance-off with a Womble just isn't embarrassing enough.

Does he still write those cringeworthy pieces of turbocharged hubris in the Herald?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webby speaking....   Webby speaking.... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 1:00 am

Homeslice wrote:

Does he still write those cringeworthy pieces of turbocharged hubris in the Herald?
Thankfully,no.

It's worth remembering that he's such a proud Janner that he upped sticks and fecked off to Gloucester then Milton Keynes at the first sniff of a bit of well-heeled skirt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webby speaking....   Webby speaking.... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 8:01 am

Pafcintheplace wrote:

Actually, I don't have an overriding preference either, but the captain of industry executive sort just shouldn't be let anywhere near a football club. I'd even take an old fashioned mill owner at this point, at least they know how to create an entity.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Webby speaking....   Webby speaking.... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 8:57 am

Lord Biro wrote:
Was it piped into the dressing room ?
When I saw the emotion of the trust run Wimbledon today, back from the dead, juxta opposed to Brent's speculating Argyle, it said everything...

But whenever fan-ownership is suggested for you lot even most of the sensible ATD-ers dismiss it. I even saw someone post recently that sustainability would get you nowhere, which is surprising to say the least, given how you nearly ended up.

If the yearning for the PL is that great and you feel private ownership is therefore essential, then fair enough - but that will always carry the strong risk of ending up with a succession of owners with cunning plans in the Brent/NWO mould. How many years is it since you had a decent/competent private owner?

Anyway, fan-ownership wouldn't prevent you from giving control to a rich man if you ever found yourself in a good place and a potential owner you trusted came along. Of course that owner could then dispose of the club to a shyster without you having any say, or become incapacitated - which is a major negative with the private ownership model.

I've always supported this notion, dear boy...................the one reservation being that I fear the same tent dwelling fools would dominate any trust model.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Webby speaking....   Webby speaking.... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 9:00 am

Tringreen wrote:

They should be less easy after today, which should be some consolation at least.

I doubt it. They fidgeted and looked uncomfortable with this old man's rantings..................but said nothing.

Easily led. Easily pleased.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Webby speaking....   Webby speaking.... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 1:11 pm

Tringreen wrote:

The 5 of us were singing plebby is a W#@KER ..the fans around us were just sitting the doing nothing looking at us if we were mad well like freaks & weirdos anyway lol!
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Webby speaking....   Webby speaking.... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 1:38 pm

The fans I was with didn't have a clue who he was. Luckily his delivery was so poor that I couldn't hear what he was on about.

Thought it was very poor of our fans to boo through the Wombles intro, what their guy had to say could have been useful for us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webby speaking....   Webby speaking.... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 5:58 pm

I think he mentioned "come on you greens" at the end but that's all I can relay.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Webby speaking....   Webby speaking.... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 6:10 pm

Homeslice wrote:
Homeslice wrote:

Thankfully,no.

It's worth remembering that he's such a proud Janner that he upped sticks and fecked off to Gloucester then Milton Keynes at the first sniff of a bit of well-heeled skirt.
well heeled skirt your having a larf shes got a face like louis van gaal and teeth lile janet street porter lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webby speaking....   Webby speaking.... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 7:15 pm

I think the reference was to money, Reg.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Webby speaking....   Webby speaking.... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Webby speaking....
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next