VillageGreen
tigertony
Tgwu
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

wembley tickets - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: wembley tickets   wembley tickets - Page 13 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 8:28 am

Tickets will not be available on the day of the game at Wembley Stadium. Buy your tickets by 12 noon on Wednesday.
Barnsley Football Club has been given a total allocation of 36,411

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: wembley tickets   wembley tickets - Page 13 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 9:00 am

Tgwu wrote:
This is why I would not put my name forward to be a MOD, These silly bites at each other is no good for this site.

This is allowed TG, me and Angry arguing is not allowed because I made a bad mistake in criticising the mods and therefore the site, that will result in warnings, suspensions and outing by your real name with no apology. This shit can and will go on for years without a squeak of protest.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: wembley tickets   wembley tickets - Page 13 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 9:24 am

Sleep

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: wembley tickets   wembley tickets - Page 13 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 10:01 am

Try and argue it Mouldy. Consistent you're not.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: wembley tickets   wembley tickets - Page 13 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 11:16 am

Back to thread

Wimbledon

How to still buy tickets for Wembley

Tickets for the play-off final at Wembley will be available to purchase online from Ticketmaster until 2.00 pm today, but out of the tickets they’ve released for sale there are only 180 left.

You therefore may find that your application is refused via  Ticketmaster  .

However, we have agreed with the Football League that we will sell tickets from our offices and they will be available very soon – they are currently in transit from the Ticketmaster centre.  As soon as they arrive, we will post an announcement on this site. We will sell from the club office from the time of the announcement and also on Thursday and Friday – specific times will be published later.

Additionally, tickets will also be on sale from the pop-up club shop in the Centre Court Shopping Centre, starting on Thursday morning and continuing until Sunday. Click on  Club Shop  for opening times.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: wembley tickets   wembley tickets - Page 13 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 1:25 pm

Thats strange tickets arrived by post this morning..when i requested i will pick em up from wembley box office on day of the game.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: wembley tickets   wembley tickets - Page 13 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 2:23 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Try and argue it Mouldy. Consistent you're not.

I don't need to argue anything. You were a mod, you had to deal with things on the forum so you know what a fine line we have to walk.
The saying is damned if you do and damned if you don't.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: wembley tickets   wembley tickets - Page 13 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 5:38 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Back on thread

Ladbrokes ‏@Ladbrokes 10h10 hours ago

Plymouth have sold 33,000 tickets for the League 2 play-off final, 8,000 more than Hull in the Championship

Hull, Sheff Wed, Barnsley, Millwall, Wimbledon.

It will be interesting to see how our Wembley attendances compare. It could be embarrassing for Brent and his "Keep Argyle Crap" hangers on if it shows our level of support compared to these former PL clubs.

I saw someone on Facebook saying argyle have sold more tickets than United did for the cup final last week.

That and The quoted statement above is false. You have to remember that for the cup final and I suspect the championship play off final, there are 30k worth of corporate and club Wembley tickets etc. United only got an allocation of 28k. I can't imagine there is as much of a corporate allocation for he league 2 play off final.

Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: wembley tickets   wembley tickets - Page 13 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 6:12 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Thats strange tickets arrived by post this morning..when i requested i will pick em up from wembley box office on day of the game.
P'raps they are playing the game in your back garden!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: wembley tickets   wembley tickets - Page 13 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 6:12 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Back on thread

Plymouth have sold 33,000 tickets for the League 2 play-off final, 8,000 more than Hull in the Championship

It will be interesting to see how our Wembley attendances compare. It could be embarrassing for Brent and his "Keep Argyle Crap" hangers on if it shows our level of support compared to these former PL clubs.
Deapite what chopper and xthrobber may say the support at Argyle is in place, it just wont happen while the non ambitious Brent owns the club....Lets not forget amid the wembley hysteria, it was Brents refusal to back the manager in january that caused the club to blow a five point lead and finish fifth....... Brent Out!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: wembley tickets   wembley tickets - Page 13 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 6:14 pm

I work with a couple United season ticket holders - proper real ones, born in Manchester who support their club of birth. They quite often comment how sad it is to have people born hundreds of miles away with no family or residency connection, that pick a big team to support because it gives those people an assumed sense of glory because they can try to pretend a team like United are really their team.

It really is beyond sad.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: wembley tickets   wembley tickets - Page 13 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 7:14 pm

It getting bigger, 33,554 thats a extra 553 sold at the club
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: wembley tickets   wembley tickets - Page 13 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 7:22 pm

tigertony wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
P'raps they are playing the game in your back garden!
what in stoke in plymouth be a hard 2nd half a kicking up the hill (albert Road) lol!
I requested for them to be picked up at the box office at wembley as ive done for England games in the past as it stops all that nonsense of going missing in the post (not for the first time i mite add) so always found it better to get em on the day
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: wembley tickets   wembley tickets - Page 13 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 10:44 am

Ordered tickets Wednesday, they all arrived yesterday. But you will not believe the farrago it took to get these tickets to us. Read the story I am about to post and tell me any other industry in which customers (and high paying ones at that) would be treated in such a slipshod manner.

Let's start at the beginning. I've been trying to buy tickets for a group of 15 friends including myself. When I attempted to buy online on the first Monday, it was reported that I could not even log on because I did not have the correct ‘privileges’ to buy tickets. This, in spite of being a season ticket holder of many years. I’m not alone in this- this message was reported by a number of fellow Argyle fans across the internet as it was for the Wycombe game last season.

Being the world’s youngest Technophobe, I decided to bite the bullet to call them…to be met not by an ‘on hold’ message but a strange beeping tone as though the phone were disconnected at the other end. Bear in mind, this is the official number that they gave Argyle to publish on the club’s site. I tried ringing up a generic number and was eventually put through to a sales agent.

We had done the initial business of reserving seats and allocating them to active memberships before we ran into problems at the payment stage. Three different cards (all of which had money on them) failed due to a system problem at Ticketmaster’s end. Whilst this is understandably a busy time for them, the exceedingly large profits Ticketmaster makes from its £2.40 per ticket fee, £2.40 booking fees and 7p per minute phone charges should really go some way towards paying for a system that actually works.

What happens next though is what truly takes the biscuit. When I rung up again the following evening (incidentally Ticketmaster reneged on their promise to call me first once their system was up and running), I found that this time we couldn’t even get to the stage of allocating reserved seats to members. This was because while we did not complete the purchase the previous night and indeed tickets could not be reserved, those memberships were still locked due to seats being allocated to them. Work that one out.

I then tried this again after persuading more people in our party to lend us membership details- tickets were reserved, memberships assigned, only for the sales agent to tell me his screen was stuck on ‘processing’ yet again. Of course, the cursed membership now had seats assigned to them and thus the whole dreadful vicious circle began again.

The next day, tickets went on general sale. My friends managed to club together to get 15 tickets dotted around the ground. Following Ticketmaster’s decision to ring me back, these were eventually moved together to the top of Block 511. I am glad that we were placed together in the end and the lady from Ticketmaster was largely very friendly and helpful but that really isn’t the point. By the time general sale had taken its toll of hours worth of sales, it was impossible to get seats anywhere near the assigned singing areas of blocks 111 and 112 like we planned to do.

I don’t want to come across here as the spoiled kid at Christmas who is complaining that he got an iPhone rather than a Mac. I’m happy to be going to Wembley it’s a privilege. Yet when Ticketmaster agree to sell a service, they do so under certain terms and conditions. One of these was that season-ticket holders got first dibs on the best seats. We are a group of fans who enjoy singing and supporting the team vocally. This is naturally going to be harder well away from the designated singing area. We wanted to book tickets in the correct are but due to no fault of our own, Ticketmaster have taken this chance away from us.

We had the privilege to book these seats early or at least we should have done. Being unfortunate enough to fall foul of Ticketmaster's errors has cost us. From what I've read of people on this thread, we aren't the only ones to have experienced difficulty either. For every one who has a pleasant experience, there's one who's been bashing their head against a wall. Blood-curdlingly annoying.

If this shows anything, it's that technology doesn't always equal progress.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: wembley tickets   wembley tickets - Page 13 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 10:53 am

Brief synopsis:

Sam and his mates had problems getting the tickets they wanted. He persevered and it's all sorted now, but not in the block they wanted.

This brief synopsis is sponsored by Homeslice Industries.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: wembley tickets   wembley tickets - Page 13 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 11:41 am

There'll be loads of 'singer-type' people all around because a lot of them wouldn't have wanted to sit in the allocated singing area. This is because the view from those blocks is not the best. If you're happy sitting behind a goal you may not mind it, but Wembley is huge, and if you haven't got the vision of an RAF fighter pilot, your view of the action down the other end won't be great, particularly if you're low down behind the goal. On the flip side of course it'll be great if Argyle score at that end. jocolor
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: wembley tickets   wembley tickets - Page 13 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 11:46 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Back on thread

Deapite what chopper and xthrobber may say the support at Argyle is in place, it just wont happen while the non ambitious Brent owns the club....Lets not forget amid the wembley hysteria, it was Brents refusal to back the manager in january that caused the club to blow a five point lead and finish fifth....... Brent Out!

And that is why even if Argyle succeed on Monday people must not forget the part Harry Potter played in our league capitulation from January onwards....Lose on Monday and I expect even Animal Farm will implode under the weight of assault on the Reluctant one
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: wembley tickets   wembley tickets - Page 13 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 12:18 pm

Shaaaadaaaaaaap and enjoy the ride.....

.....totally agree though, many people have had problems with either ordering or delivery, and have paid a premium for the privilege. The system isn't the best.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: wembley tickets   wembley tickets - Page 13 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 12:42 pm

Tbh I'm surprised Brent hasn't declined to use Ticketmaster and do it all The Argyle Way - that being having queues snaking back 2 miles through Central Park while Chantelle the YTS girl mans (or women's?) the one available ticket window.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: wembley tickets   wembley tickets - Page 13 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 12:49 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I work with a couple United season ticket holders - proper real ones, born in Manchester who support their club of birth. They quite often comment how sad it is to have people born hundreds of miles away with no family or residency connection, that pick a big team to support because it gives those people an assumed sense of glory because they can try to pretend a team like United are really their team.

It really is beyond sad.

I 100% Agree
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: wembley tickets   wembley tickets - Page 13 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 2:31 pm

Dane. wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

It really is beyond sad.

I 100% Agree

I always thought United were East of Princess Road south of the city centre and Bury New Road north of the city. Salford,Eccles, Hulme, etc. The bits of Manchester that aren't really Manchester.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: wembley tickets   wembley tickets - Page 13 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 3:57 pm

My mate from Salford is a proper Red and he tells me Man U are Salford (certainly not fekkin Plymouth).
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: wembley tickets   wembley tickets - Page 13 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 4:16 pm

I did quite like the big poster of Tevez when he signed for City with Welcome to Manchester on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: wembley tickets   wembley tickets - Page 13 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 4:45 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Dane. wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

It really is beyond sad.

I 100% Agree

I always thought United were East of Princess Road south of the city centre and Bury New Road north of the city. Salford,Eccles, Hulme, etc. The bits of Manchester that aren't really Manchester.

I always thought in earshot of the dockyard siren was the important bit where Manchester are concerned. That and having a bona fide letter of introduction from Indiana Iddesleigh Jones.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: wembley tickets   wembley tickets - Page 13 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 6:01 pm

Back to thread

Plymouth Argyle FC ‏@Only1Argyle 3h3 hours ago

Still tickets available - and we have now released some more tickets over all price bands and in lower areas
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wembley tickets   wembley tickets - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

wembley tickets
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next