Go down 
+3
katman
Coxside_Green
Nick
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Jo Mason scores at Wembley Empty
PostSubject: Jo Mason scores at Wembley   Jo Mason scores at Wembley EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 4:22 pm

And how much did we get for him with no add on's? feckin Ridsdale stitched us up good and proper as a favour for the way he fecked Cardiff over. Makes you sick with the situation we are in now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jo Mason scores at Wembley   Jo Mason scores at Wembley EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 4:24 pm

Well done to Mason though. Wasn't his fault we got bugger all for him, and he has really grasped his chance with both hands. Still only 20 as well.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Jo Mason scores at Wembley   Jo Mason scores at Wembley EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 4:31 pm

Sweet finish.

Fair breaks your heart, Jock.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jo Mason scores at Wembley   Jo Mason scores at Wembley EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 4:35 pm

Oh but of course without Ridsdale, there would be no Argyle! Yeah what a saviour. £250k no sell on clause or add ons, and his mate Jamie Hart got a fee for arranging the transfer. God I hate that man with a passion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jo Mason scores at Wembley   Jo Mason scores at Wembley EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 4:43 pm

Sorry I'm doing Ridsdale a disservice, we only got £150k for an obviously talented 18 yr old who had been scoring in the CCC and League 1 in a struggling side. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Jo Mason scores at Wembley   Jo Mason scores at Wembley EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 4:49 pm

How my interest in football has devalued. Didn't even realise there was a game today, League Cup final? Congrats Joe, congrats to Cardiff for getting there (assuming it was the League Cup final). How I wish we had the same enthusiasm for such competitions!

edit to add - In part I am a bit of a Ridsdale apologist. Without him our club would've died (yes others could've done the same but they weren't invited). I think the selling of Joe falls with the Administrator.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jo Mason scores at Wembley   Jo Mason scores at Wembley EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 5:14 pm

Its not just today either, most weeks when i pick up the Sunday paper i see he scores quite regularly, he will be in the Premiership soon, if not with Cardiff then somebody else...mark my words.
Anyone else would have got at least 750k for him...Another player that was sold for a "Plymouth price"
I see on Pasoti they are wetting themselves that he has scored!! i just find it painful
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jo Mason scores at Wembley   Jo Mason scores at Wembley EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 5:26 pm

I don't see how it wasn't Ridsdale's fault. Guilfoyle is looking to bring in as much cash as possible, Ridsdale is in charge, he's a football man with loads of contacts, so we keep hearing, Mason a proven goalscorer at just 18, a Republic of Ireland U-21 International, didn't want to leave Argyle and turned down a move to Swindon is worth much much more than we got.

If we had to sell Mason then Ridsdale could have hawked him round to everyone and got a much better price, we got £1 million for Dan Gosling ffs. He was sold to Cardiff for buttons because Ridsdale owed them a huge favour.

He's been the best player on the pitch so far, against Liverpool in the League Cup Final, and we got £150k with no sell on clause and no add ons according to Guilfoyle's report. Disgusting and Ridsdale is a feckin crook.
Back to top Go down
katman

PostSubject: Re: Jo Mason scores at Wembley   Jo Mason scores at Wembley EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 5:56 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Sorry I'm doing Ridsdale a disservice, we only got £150k for an obviously talented 18 yr old who had been scoring in the CCC and League 1 in a struggling side. Evil or Very Mad
Commentator said we got £250k
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jo Mason scores at Wembley   Jo Mason scores at Wembley EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 6:11 pm

katman wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Commentator is wrong.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Jo Mason scores at Wembley   Jo Mason scores at Wembley EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 7:24 pm

Ridsdale did us up like a kipper. The superfans were licking the 'hard working gentleman's' boots while he gave away an obvious talent who will soon be plying his trade in the top flight. There were posts on pasoti saying how great it was Mason was off the wage bill. I'm just sick of this shit. When will it end? Not under brent thats for sure! How many other clubs, even in the position we were in (and soon will be again), would have literally given away Mason and BWP?

Anyway, well played Mason and Cardiff! Very unlucky today. Liverpool were all possesion and absolutely no punch and Cardiff defended perfectly and showed incredible spirit and fight.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Jo Mason scores at Wembley   Jo Mason scores at Wembley EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 8:09 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I don't see how it wasn't Ridsdale's fault. Guilfoyle is looking to bring in as much cash as possible, Ridsdale is in charge, he's a football man with loads of contacts, so we keep hearing, Mason a proven goalscorer at just 18, a Republic of Ireland U-21 International, didn't want to leave Argyle and turned down a move to Swindon is worth much much more than we got.

If we had to sell Mason then Ridsdale could have hawked him round to everyone and got a much better price, we got £1 million for Dan Gosling ffs. He was sold to Cardiff for buttons because Ridsdale owed them a huge favour.

He's been the best player on the pitch so far, against Liverpool in the League Cup Final, and we got £150k with no sell on clause and no add ons according to Guilfoyle's report. Disgusting and Ridsdale is a feckin crook.

If you put yourself in Ridsdale's shoes and have your boss tell you we need to sell so you can get paid £20k a month, I think it's fair to say it wasn't totally Ridsdale's fault. Everything that happened was short-term only. The adminstrator ran the show, us fans paid the ultimate price, Ridsdale got paid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jo Mason scores at Wembley   Jo Mason scores at Wembley EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 8:14 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

If you put yourself in Ridsdale's shoes and have your boss tell you we need to sell so you can get paid £20k a month, I think it's fair to say it wasn't totally Ridsdale's fault. Everything that happened was short-term only. The adminstrator ran the show, us fans paid the ultimate price, Ridsdale got paid.

Yup Ridsdale sure got paid, as did his mate Jamie Hart for arranging the amazing transfer no-one else could have sorted, and Cardiff City, who Ridsdale had conned and almost ruined, get a quality young player with bags of potential for making a profit on further down the road, for a bag of crisps and a bottle of coke. Still, if Ridsdale hadn't advised Guilfoyle the £150k minus Jamie Hart's agents fee, was great business, Argyle wouldn't be here today!
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Jo Mason scores at Wembley   Jo Mason scores at Wembley EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 8:23 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Yup Ridsdale sure got paid, as did his mate Jamie Hart for arranging the amazing transfer no-one else could have sorted, and Cardiff City, who Ridsdale had conned and almost ruined, get a quality young player with bags of potential for making a profit on further down the road, for a bag of crisps and a bottle of coke. Still, if Ridsdale hadn't advised Guilfoyle the £150k minus Jamie Hart's agents fee, was great business, Argyle wouldn't be here today!

Unfortunately clubs in admin dont have many choices. Leeds couldn't give their overpaid away, neither could we. Joe's transfer income paid a short-term wage whether we like it or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jo Mason scores at Wembley   Jo Mason scores at Wembley EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 8:33 pm

I know that Coxside, but there's selling and there's giving away so that you can line your own pocket whilst the club is in the shit. I think my 10 month old son could have found a buyer willing to pay more than Cardiff did, but it helped redeem himself with them for the shenanigans he carried out there.

Ridsdale did a lot of things, the most important being he saw the opportunity and jumped at the chance of making a shitload of cash for doing not very much more than making a few phone calls. Still at least he didn't get the club for £1 I suppose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jo Mason scores at Wembley   Jo Mason scores at Wembley EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:27 pm

Old Ridsdale don't half split opinion doesn't he. It depends which Cardiff fan you are talking too about Ridsdale and the same applies with Leeds and other clubs. One half thinks he is the devil incarnate and the other half think he was great for them. It really is like a marmite moment. Calling him a crook is a wee bit strong given he has not been found guilty of anything crooked. The feeling is he sails on or over the borderline a lot of the time but nothing has stuck has it. It is difficult to tell what if anything he did for us as most of everything was clouded in secrecy most of the time.

Mason has gone so there is no point dwelling on what might have been or how much. He did well today as did Cardiff as a team. I wanted them to beat Liverpool but only on the back the underdog basis which is the British way. Cardiff have been the nearly men of football for a few years now so I sort of hope for them that this year is their's for once.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Jo Mason scores at Wembley   Jo Mason scores at Wembley EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 11:11 pm

Not disagreeing with you Jock, guess I'm just being a little more accepting of the shit we've been placed in.

At the end of the day, the suits got their way, us proles are still paying.

Brenty is yet another suit, we're still paying. Debating how much an ex-player is worth just seems pointless at this moment in time. I cant blame Ridsdale any more than I can blame $tapleton.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Jo Mason scores at Wembley   Jo Mason scores at Wembley EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 12:46 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Old Ridsdale don't half split opinion doesn't he. It depends which Cardiff fan you are talking too about Ridsdale and the same applies with Leeds and other clubs. One half thinks he is the devil incarnate and the other half think he was great for them.
I'd say 95% of Cardiff, Barnsley and Leeds fans hate him.

It speaks volumes about our support that about half of Argyle fans rate him.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Jo Mason scores at Wembley   Jo Mason scores at Wembley EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:35 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Old Ridsdale don't half split opinion doesn't he. It depends which Cardiff fan you are talking too about Ridsdale and the same applies with Leeds and other clubs. One half thinks he is the devil incarnate and the other half think he was great for them.
I'd say 95% of Cardiff, Barnsley and Leeds fans hate him.

It speaks volumes about our support that about half of Argyle fans rate him.

Absolutely! The demos against him at Cardiff were quite something. The man is universaly depised there. At Argyle, however, he's the "hard working gentleman without whom there would be no Argyle" What is it with Argyle fans and their hero worship of any scumbag in a suit?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Jo Mason scores at Wembley   Jo Mason scores at Wembley EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:43 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Old Ridsdale don't half split opinion doesn't he. It depends which Cardiff fan you are talking too about Ridsdale and the same applies with Leeds and other clubs. One half thinks he is the devil incarnate and the other half think he was great for them. It really is like a marmite moment. Calling him a crook is a wee bit strong given he has not been found guilty of anything crooked. The feeling is he sails on or over the borderline a lot of the time but nothing has stuck has it. It is difficult to tell what if anything he did for us as most of everything was clouded in secrecy most of the time.

Mason has gone so there is no point dwelling on what might have been or how much. He did well today as did Cardiff as a team. I wanted them to beat Liverpool but only on the back the underdog basis which is the British way. Cardiff have been the nearly men of football for a few years now so I sort of hope for them that this year is their's for once.

Cardiff were evil according to the Pasoti Avivas. They dared to spend ,spend ,spend, in a real attempt at getting to the Prem. We chose the Staplewallet route and didn't even try to reach for the stars.

Aviva did indeed choose wisely.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Jo Mason scores at Wembley   Jo Mason scores at Wembley EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 1:35 pm

katman wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

easy mathematics here

PAFC - £150k
Ridsdale's back bin - £100k

= £250k

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Jo Mason scores at Wembley   Jo Mason scores at Wembley EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 1:38 pm

Sandford_Grecian wrote:
katman wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

easy mathematics here

PAFC - £150k

= £250k

Rolling Eyes

About the size of it, What a real gent ! jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jo Mason scores at Wembley   Jo Mason scores at Wembley EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 1:49 pm

Sandford_Grecian wrote:
katman wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

easy mathematics here

PAFC - £150k

= £250k

Rolling Eyes

And his mate Jamie Hart's fee for the amazingly difficult task of selling a really talented young player on the cheap also comes out of Argyle's slice. We might as well have paid Cardiff to take him off our hands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jo Mason scores at Wembley   Jo Mason scores at Wembley EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 4:49 pm

Can somebody explain to me the difference in picking over a football carcus for a bargain and picking over any other failing business in the same way? TJ Hughes closed in plymouth and were selling stock off at 20% of the normal retail value. Woolworths sold anything they could for whatever they could get. Didn't that chap who runs the Range but up loads of MFI stuff for a fraction? Wouldn't we have done the same if the boot was on the other foot?

There is a warning about libel on most of these websites and some of the comments must border on that at the least. You may believe that what you write is true or close to it but there is absolutely nothing in the public domain to say it is factual. What we do know is that we needed money. There was little of value we had that was saleable and so that little was sold at a knock down price. Just like the examples above. There is little to be gained by raking over the ashes now and we won't be the last club to be throwing out the silver in desperation either.

As for the 95% of Cardiff/Leeds fans hating Ridsdale. There were plenty of those supporters on other football forums when we hit the skids and he arrived. I thought he would have been slated by them all personally but was surprised to find that this was not the case by any sort of huge majority that posted. Cardiff were lucky with their spend spend spend policy. A very rich person arrived to save their day. Had he not done so..........who knows the outcome.

I will remain pleased for Mason that he has a better chance now than he had here and played well at Wembley for his new club however much they paid for him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jo Mason scores at Wembley   Jo Mason scores at Wembley Empty

Back to top Go down

Jo Mason scores at Wembley
Page 1 of 1