RegGreen
sufferedsince 68
vincent_vega
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Battle of the Ports - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2016 8:22 pm

I think a lot of fans are waiting on the out come from Thursday match before buying tickets. if we win or draw they be banging on the ticket office door early Friday morning
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2016 8:28 pm

A risky game to play.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2016 8:35 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
A risky game to play.

exactly if tickets are going fast now they arent going to be that many left to sell come friday. Unless the club are prepared to open all the ground with a segregated area separating home and away that the club and such will insist on.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2016 8:53 pm

Tgwu wrote:
I think a lot of fans are waiting on the out come from Thursday match before buying tickets. if we win or draw they be banging on the ticket office door early Friday morning

My thinking also.

On the news last night they said the cllub have sold 11,000 for the home leg.

I am hoping Arggyle do not get thrased at Pompey so at least there is something to play for in the second leg.

Of course, that all depends on what Argyle side turn up for the two Semi-Final games.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2016 10:03 pm

Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
A risky game to play.

exactly if tickets are going fast now they arent going to be that many left to sell come friday. Unless the club are prepared to open all the ground with a segregated area separating home and away that the club and such will insist on.

There is only 1 block that is not open, which is block 20, It is a poor turnout of ST holders
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2016 10:07 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
A risky game to play.

There is only 1 block that is not open, which is block 20, It is a poor turnout of ST holders

As Lordy says, paying full price like us schmucks doesn't appeal to them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2016 10:40 pm

The Pilgrims and Pompey will be watched by well over 30,000 people across the ties at Fratton Park and Home Park, a total which would beat the 28,669 who watched Huddersfield Town and Lincoln City across two legs in 2004.

The Hampshire club has a maximum capacity just north of 18,900 for Thursday night, while Argyle are expecting to have around 15,500 inside Home Park on Sunday.

from brent news paper
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2016 10:58 pm

Tgwu wrote:
The Pilgrims and Pompey will be watched by well over 30,000 people across the ties at Fratton Park and Home Park, a total which would beat the 28,669 who watched Huddersfield Town and Lincoln City across two legs in 2004.

The Hampshire club has a maximum capacity just north of 18,900 for Thursday night, while Argyle are expecting to have around 15,500 inside Home Park on Sunday.

from brent news paper

Could easily have been 20,000, where's Tis when you need him? cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 4 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 5:46 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
A risky game to play.

As Lordy says, paying full price like us schmucks doesn't appeal to them Very Happy

Direct debit plastics, Les Laughing

The same animals as Brenty. Mustn't change the careful annual budget set by the family at the start of the year. Nothing happens in humdrum land that is not foreseen. Perish the thought flower
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 4 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 8:13 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
A risky game to play.

What happens in the real world of course is that loads of plastics want to see this game - many of them wanting to sit with their season ticket holding mates. So those season ticket holding mates (like me) don't take up their actual season ticket seat, but move to an area where there are lots of available seats together.

Hence seats from season ticket holders becoming 'available'.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 4 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 10:01 am

Season ticket holders should be rewarded for their loyalty by getting in free on their ST for home play off semi finals...I'm sure LB will second that.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 4 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 10:25 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
Season ticket holders should be rewarded for their loyalty by getting in free on their ST for home play off semi finals...I'm sure LB will second that.

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 4 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 10:27 am

The play-offs were the last thing I wanted but now feeling a growing excitement about tomorrow's game. At this level, it doesn't get much bigger than Argo v Pompey in the play-offs.....and we've been desperately starved of big games in recent years.

Just hope we get close to selling out the Milton End, which sounded a fair way off yesterday.

ETA in Portsmouth of 3pm.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 4 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 10:37 am

A few people I know that went to the league game last month aren't bothering with this one, mainly through the logistics of a Thursday night game in a place that's a bit of a ball ache to return from, especially by train.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 4 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 10:40 am

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
The play-offs were the last thing I wanted but now feeling a growing excitement about tomorrow's game. At this level, it doesn't get much bigger than Argo v Pompey in the play-offs.....and we've been desperately starved of big games in recent years.

Just hope we get close to selling out the Milton End, which sounded a fair way off yesterday.

I would have gone but no train back and didnt want a dry trip
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 4 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 10:55 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
It was a bit of a tough call in our household.
Me and the Junior DRF have been season ticket holders for the past 2 seasons.
The excitement of the season has been tinged with disappointment at blowing our chance of going up automatically.
Once we knew that we'd be ending up in the playoffs, we had a discussion about whether we would attend the semi final or not.
It was a join decision that we'd watch it on the TV. The logistics of evening matches and the potential for disorder sort of swayed the decision.
We'll be at Wembley should we get there. Wouldn't pass up an opportunity like that for the young lads.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 4 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 11:28 am

I can understand that logic Beeb. In Warnock's year, I went to every home game (POTD) and 6 away games. I decided I would rather listen to the play off final radio commentary rather than traipse up to Wembury with a bunch of ST plastics and get ripped off in Capitalist Central
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 4 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 11:40 am

Elias wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:

I would have gone but no train back and didnt want a dry trip

Absolutely fair enough - easier for me from London and even then, I'm staying over as it's over 2 hours to get back.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 4 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 4:09 pm

There are only Limited Tickets Left

AS of 2.30pm on Wednesday, there are only a few hundred tickets remaining for Sunday's Sky Bet League 2 Play-Off Semi-Final second leg against Portsmouth at Home Park.
With the exception of seats with restricted view in the Mayflower Grandstand, where groups of seats together are available, these are largely isolated seats or, at best pairs of seats.

Supporters are encouraged to purchase tickets, if they have not done so already, as soon as possible. This can be done by calling our ticket line on 0845 872 3335 or by buying online at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 4 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 5:34 pm

I counted 164 seat left (in total)
If they do open block 20 there will be another 623 and  we still have four days to sell the rest

Last edited by Tgwu on Wed May 11, 2016 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 4 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 5:44 pm

Any idea on number of tickets left for tomorrow night?
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 4 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 5:44 pm

What's happening to me. I've just bought 2 tickets for tomorrow night. I must be turning plastic :O
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 4 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 6:56 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Any idea on number of tickets left for tomorrow night?

No, Portsmouth do not put up a seating plan, They give us 3,000 so 2,300 might be the total we sell

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 4 EmptyThu May 12, 2016 6:15 am

As of 0830hrs this morning (will change though out the day)

BLOCK BY BLOCK SEATING AVAILABILITY

1 - 6, 2 - 3, 3,4 -1, 5, 6,  7, 8, 9 - 3, 10 - 2, 11,12, 13 -4, 14. 15, 16, 17, 18,19, 20, 21, 23, 23. 

Grand stand Upper West 11

Grand stand  Upper East 7

GRAND STAND LOWER     8
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 4 EmptyThu May 12, 2016 5:18 pm

As of 1700hrs tonight (will change though out the day)

BLOCK BY BLOCK SEATING AVAILABILITY

1 - 4, 2,   3, 4 -1,5, 6, 7, 8, 9 - 2, 10 - 1, 11,12, 13 - 4, 14. 15, 16, 17, 18,19, 20, 21, 23, 23.

Grand stand Upper West 2

Grand stand  Upper East 6

GRAND STAND LOWER    8

28 seats left

Last edited by Tgwu on Thu May 12, 2016 6:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Battle of the Ports
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next