RegGreen
sufferedsince 68
vincent_vega
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Yea Man

Battle of the Ports - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 5 EmptyThu May 12, 2016 5:53 pm

Nool will be gnashing his teeth at all those plastic fans.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 5 EmptyThu May 12, 2016 6:13 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Nool will be gnashing his teeth at all those plastic fans.
Chopper Nool, will be gnashing his teeth at the Half time Buffet. Pig Pig Pig Pig jocolor
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 5 EmptyThu May 12, 2016 6:44 pm

28 seats left
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 5 EmptyThu May 12, 2016 10:06 pm

SOLD OUT

0 SEATS LEFT

Sould they open block 20

1. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 5 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 11:26 am

As I expected, they are selling the freebies seats at the back of Grandstand west

23 at the moment

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 5 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 11:48 am

Let's all help to get Jim and Simon over the line with the balloon payment and offer to have another fan sat on your lap for the Pompey game.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 5 EmptySat May 14, 2016 9:35 am

File the match tomorrow as one where we'll never know how many fans we could have got in just like the QPR game - I reckon we could have had 40,000 for that game and possibly more.

If the figures above are correct we could have had 8000 Pompey fans. I suspect, bearing 1983 (was it?) in mind, that that is low. 10,000 is not impossible and even that may be a low estimate.

The game is sold out. That means we have sold (15,500 - 1,700 = 13,800) 13,800. I suspect that we could have sold at least half as many again and if the weather pans out half decent tomorrow then there'd be plenty that'd rock up on the day as POTDers. 25,000 home fans would not be impossible.

Making 35,000 in total - roughly double the 17000 that Brent has tried to con us that we need.

Before you can reach your potential you have to at least try to reach it and make it possible to be reached.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 5 EmptySat May 14, 2016 9:52 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
File the match tomorrow as one where we'll never know how many fans we could have got in just like the QPR game - I reckon we could have had 40,000 for that game and possibly more.

If the figures above are correct we could have had 8000 Pompey fans. I suspect, bearing 1983 (was it?) in mind, that that is low. 10,000 is not impossible and even that may be a low estimate.

The game is sold out. That means we have sold (15,500 - 1,700 = 13,800) 13,800. I suspect that we could have sold at least half as many again and if the weather pans out half decent tomorrow then there'd be plenty that'd rock up on the day as POTDers. 25,000 home fans would not be impossible.

Making 35,000 in total - roughly double the 17000 that Brent has tried to con us that we need.

Before you can reach your potential you have to at least try to reach it and make it possible to be reached.

Ain't that the truth SFD ! But a nicely boxed in stadium of 17k capacity, with the retail outlets benefiting the non investing majority shareholder in perpetuity,still is the preferred option.

If, as they say, they want the wider public to buy in, they have to first give them reason to believe. The largely jester hatted, bucket rattling, get me close to the players hardcore gang, will always be there. Attracting the more selective potential fans requires investment and vision.

ps anyone else unable to access GOS ?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 5 EmptySat May 14, 2016 10:12 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's there for me.

To get 35,000 in we would need a new grandstand with more than double the capacity of the rest of the ground!

So getting there in one hit would be impossible. I think balancing ambition with realism and we could have a 9000 capacity new grandstand bringing current maximum up to about 21000. Next up flatten the Devonport and build it bigger - we were told that was a piece of cake, were we not? Get capacity up to about 25000.

Then you have Sleeper Corner and the Lyndy to put those extra rows of seats, that was even easier as I recall, 27000.

By this stage we'd be PL certs and need a bigger away end so flatten and enlarge the Barn Park. 30000.

When we're really massive then go back and do Sleeper Corner and the Lyndy proper. 35,000. Job done.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 5 EmptySat May 14, 2016 10:48 am

Not boxing the club in as brent planned is paramount. One day, someone will come along with cash backed ambition.

My VPN was the problem..............
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 5 EmptySat May 14, 2016 6:20 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

35,000 ?

You gotta be kidding. What drugs are you on?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 5 EmptySat May 14, 2016 6:49 pm

Rickler wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

35,000 ?

You gotta be kidding.  What drugs are you on?

Maybe, the dollar, it's quite intoxicating for those that seek it.

However, I have to agree Rickler, Sir Francis is picking figures out of thin air, and coming up with nonsense. A bit like Jimmy I suppose. But then, mathematicians like Sir F are more interested in the process of adding, than what they actually come up with in reality. It's an exercise for them, like donning a Wiggo helmet and lycra.  This is League 2 Frank. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In fact, Home Park aside, if Argyle progress to the final, I will be surprised if the Wembley following comes anywhere close to the 30/35000 in Warnock's season. Times have changed. People have been let down by matters outside of just the football. The influx of the wrong sort of custodian has jaded a lot of minds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Ports   Battle of the Ports - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Battle of the Ports
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5