Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Been away for two weeks, hows the Relegation battle going?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 4588
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

PostSubject: Been away for two weeks, hows the Relegation battle going?   Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:39 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers Pay peanuts you get Monkeys Jimmy.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

avatar

Posts : 790
Join date : 2016-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Been away for two weeks, hows the Relegation battle going?   Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:15 pm

I'm starting to think it could we'll be a relegation season. Opponents seem to have well and truly sussed out the Taylor/Carey/Lameiras relationship and unless Adams can somehow pull another rabbit out of the hat I cant see anything changing soon.
Next up Bristol City which will be an absolute spanking, then away to Coventry who are a real monster down at this level and who also have not had a great start.
I predict the next time we realistically stand a chance from getting any points on the board will be against Wycombe a week on Tuesday.
2 defeats between now and then will see a bit of a toxic atmosphere for that one.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

avatar

Posts : 3667
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 28
Location : Dorset

PostSubject: Re: Been away for two weeks, hows the Relegation battle going?   Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:22 pm

Thats DA's weakness is sticking to one plan even though we have been worked out
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Been away for two weeks, hows the Relegation battle going?   Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:25 pm

Mid table.
Looking forward to watching the Mayflower transform before our eyes.
Regular home game battles with the stewards.
And the ex-grandstanders moaning like feck all the time.
Still, can always do a bit of stalking of block 16 to make the home games fun too.
Year on year improvement will be a phrase of the past!
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

avatar

Posts : 471
Join date : 2018-05-12
Location : Same place as the past 38 years, Being spyed on by the state (and now others)

PostSubject: Re: Been away for two weeks, hows the Relegation battle going?   Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:48 pm

Year on year improvement laugh laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
Freathy

avatar

Posts : 4408
Join date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Been away for two weeks, hows the Relegation battle going?   Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:57 pm

We are clearly in very serious trouble. The team is way worse than poor. It would require significant investment even to get it to state of just being poor. Last season we had a bad start but none of the performances were anywhere near as atrocious as yesterday. The pre-season tonking of Akkeron's first team by a Yeovil XI may not have been of concern to the brentophiles but it was a clear indication of what was coming this season. Relegation is VERY likely.

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

avatar

Posts : 471
Join date : 2018-05-12
Location : Same place as the past 38 years, Being spyed on by the state (and now others)

PostSubject: Re: Been away for two weeks, hows the Relegation battle going?   Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:01 pm

Freathy wrote:
We are clearly in very serious trouble.  The team is way worse than poor.  It would require significant investment even to get it to state of just being poor.   Last season we had a bad start but none of the  performances were anywhere near as atrocious as yesterday.  The pre-season tonking of Akkeron's first team by a Yeovil XI may not have been of concern to the brentophiles but it was a clear indication of what was coming this season.  Relegation is VERY likely.

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Brentophiles where won over after Yeovil with the purchace of a portakabin. The same will apply for yesterday, all will be forgiving once the next portakabin is bumped into place.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

avatar

Posts : 3667
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 28
Location : Dorset

PostSubject: Re: Been away for two weeks, hows the Relegation battle going?   Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:08 pm

Wasn't even the first team , they stuck kids and trialists on to beat us, how we are still playing like a team of strangers is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

avatar

Posts : 471
Join date : 2018-05-12
Location : Same place as the past 38 years, Being spyed on by the state (and now others)

PostSubject: Re: Been away for two weeks, hows the Relegation battle going?   Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:14 pm

Either way, absolutely sweet feck all was learnt from that debacle at Yeovil.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

avatar

Posts : 3667
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 28
Location : Dorset

PostSubject: Re: Been away for two weeks, hows the Relegation battle going?   Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:24 pm

It seriously looks like, that 1,Adams is gonna stick to his same plan and wonder why other teams have worked us out and 2, that this group of players seem to arrive for 90 mins of football and thats the only time they have seen each other that week,
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

avatar

Posts : 471
Join date : 2018-05-12
Location : Same place as the past 38 years, Being spyed on by the state (and now others)

PostSubject: Re: Been away for two weeks, hows the Relegation battle going?   Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:35 pm

Jethro wrote:
It seriously looks like, that 1,Adams is gonna stick to his same plan and wonder why other teams have worked us out and 2, that this group of players seem to arrive for 90 mins of football and thats the only time they have seen each other that week,

We all know Adams is too stubborn to change anything, it's his way or no way..
Back to top Go down
Jethro

avatar

Posts : 3667
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 28
Location : Dorset

PostSubject: Re: Been away for two weeks, hows the Relegation battle going?   Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:48 pm

Well we are stuck with him, He's been found out and doesn't seem to want to change , we know that Jimmy won't pay him off and if he did leave why would he cause he's on a nice little earner or and get paid off, That Paul Wotton is our next manager, cause who in their right mind would want to take over here,
I'm Not saying We should sack Adams but if he doesn't want to change how the team plays,
Then something has to change,

He can't be that thick headed to not see its not working, It took the piss he buried Carey etc after Walsall, but the team played to your instructions so your as much to blame as they are,



Back to top Go down
Greenskin

avatar

Posts : 4956
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 58
Location : Tavistock area

PostSubject: Re: Been away for two weeks, hows the Relegation battle going?   Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:09 pm

Bob Crow wrote:
Jethro wrote:
It seriously looks like, that 1,Adams is gonna stick to his same plan and wonder why other teams have worked us out and 2, that this group of players seem to arrive for 90 mins of football and thats the only time they have seen each other that week,

We all know Adams is too stubborn to change anything, it's his way or no way..

It doesn't matter if the manager has a plan Z if the personnel isn't good enough-the transformation last year was brought about by the arrival of Toums to bring some presence and authority to the central midfield [which was precisely what was missing yesterday],not by any great change in formation or outlook. I will say that there was a bit of improvement when Songoo came on yesterday to add some physical presence-it took Argyle about half an hour before anyone started to engage the opposition at close quarters and actually get a tackle in.There are a lot of what you call creative players in the midfield but without being able to get hold of the ball then they aren't going to be of much use,so maybe the balance of the team in that area is something that needs to be looked at and possibly addressed via the loan market between now and September. Adams stated awhile back that central midfield was an area that he was seeking to strengthen,obviously he was thwarted in bringing someone in on a permanent basis for whatever reason,looks like make do and mend is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

avatar

Posts : 3216
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Been away for two weeks, hows the Relegation battle going?   Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:57 pm

What Skinny said you can't blame Adams for not having a competitive budget. If Carey, Taylor and Lamieris isn't working who would you change them with from our bench?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 3109
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Been away for two weeks, hows the Relegation battle going?   Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:11 pm

There’s no one on our bench you could change em with absolutely no one so why not change formation
We were like the away side playing one up front and
That was just lump it up to Taylor & hope
Don’t know what his got against 4 4 2
I can understand it away from home
But home surely you gotta go with two up front
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

avatar

Posts : 3216
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Been away for two weeks, hows the Relegation battle going?   Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:49 pm

Fair enough I suppose you've seen more games of late than I have.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 4588
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

PostSubject: Re: Been away for two weeks, hows the Relegation battle going?   Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:04 pm

Yovo's, five one stuffing of Akkeron argo's finest a week before the season started should have rung alarm bells that the squad is league two standard at best, but little Akkeron argo cant afford alarm bells.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

avatar

Posts : 4956
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 58
Location : Tavistock area

PostSubject: Re: Been away for two weeks, hows the Relegation battle going?   Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:33 pm

RegGreen wrote:
There’s no one on our bench you could change em with absolutely no one so why not change formation
We were like the away side playing one up front and
That was just lump it up to Taylor & hope
Don’t know what his got against 4 4 2
I can understand it away from home
But home surely you gotta go with two up front

Argyle haven't played with two up front throughout Adams reign though Reg and it's been fairly successful before.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 3109
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Been away for two weeks, hows the Relegation battle going?   Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:44 pm

Greenskin wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
There’s no one on our bench you could change em with absolutely no one so why not change formation
We were like the away side playing one up front and
That was just lump it up to Taylor & hope
Don’t know what his got against 4 4 2
I can understand it away from home
But home surely you gotta go with two up front

Argyle haven't played with two up front throughout Adams reign though Reg and it's been fairly successful before.
he needs to change somethink cos we’re aint got the the personnel to change it plus a couple of the new boys look like downgrades on what we have previously had as well i know his stubborn Adams but what’s he got to lose by trying 4 4 2 it might work it mite not then you can always revert back but least try something new cos yesterday they were simply dreadful
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4387
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 62
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Been away for two weeks, hows the Relegation battle going?   Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:24 am

Long ole season ahead methinks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Been away for two weeks, hows the Relegation battle going?   

Back to top Go down
 
Been away for two weeks, hows the Relegation battle going?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: