Les Miserable
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Wombles Match Thread... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 4 EmptySat 9 Apr - 17:33

The ticking over,hanging on mentality has well and truly caught has finally killed off any chance of success.
I despair I really do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 4 EmptySat 9 Apr - 17:35

Meanwhile pbay start the Adams bashing thread, Greenday will last until about 9pm when the fat controller gets home. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 4 EmptySat 9 Apr - 17:36

charleymouse wrote:

What and deprive the club Brent of the extra cash a full house will bring for the home leg? No way! Jimmy needs his pennies, you know, what will he have left to count and pinch over the summer.

Too right, and here's the scenario. Now Argyle are in the play offs, all that extra income, including Wembley with attendant merchandising etc, would be deemed unbudgeted, and as such under Jim the Shred's stated policy, 50% would go against the bullet payment in October. That, regardless of eventual promotion or no, would probably increase the value of his Argyle business stake by a good 250K. Nice work if you can get it. But he's probably not thought about that, just like he hasn't thought of buying the stadium yet.
I'm beginning to despise the man and what he has created.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 4 EmptySat 9 Apr - 17:45

Playoffs? Behave.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 4 EmptySat 9 Apr - 17:55

Amsterdamage wrote:
Exeter could well put us out of the playoffs, they haven't lost in nine games.

We'll never hear the last of that, FFS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 4 EmptySat 9 Apr - 18:01

Lord Biro wrote:
charleymouse wrote:

What and deprive the club Brent of the extra cash a full house will bring for the home leg? No way! Jimmy needs his pennies, you know, what will he have left to count and pinch over the summer.

Too right, and here's the scenario. Now Argyle are in the play offs, all that extra income, including Wembley with attendant merchandising etc, would be deemed unbudgeted, and as such under Jim the Shred's stated policy, 50% would go against the bullet payment in October. That, regardless of eventual promotion or no, would probably increase the value of his Argyle business stake by a good 250K. Nice work if you can get it. But he's probably not thought about that, just like he hasn't thought of buying the stadium yet.

I've despised him at least since he promised transparency and delivered invisibility.

Just out of interest, what is the prize money for the top 3 places in L2? Is it an acknowledged fact that a club will make more out a playoff SF than out of automatic promotion?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 4 EmptySat 9 Apr - 18:07

Lord Biro wrote:
charleymouse wrote:

As long as he make 3 more bleddy repayments to the old Trust.
Today's crowd should at least enable him to make the overdue 31st March one. popcorn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 4 EmptySat 9 Apr - 18:10

Don't worry about it Beeb. He'll make those payments owed, come hell or high water. His grabbing mits are aimed elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 4 EmptySat 9 Apr - 18:10

I'm convinced Adams wont be here next season, he knows its mission impossible to get promoted under Brent, Especially when the clueless nerds turn against him for not going up with Jimmy's magnificent backing.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 4 EmptySat 9 Apr - 18:11

todays game = shite
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 4 EmptySat 9 Apr - 18:11

BBC1 wrote:
Lord Biro wrote:
charleymouse wrote:

As long as he make 3 more bleddy repayments to the old Trust.
Today's crowd should at least enable him to make the overdue 31st March one. popcorn

Something isn't right Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 4 EmptySat 9 Apr - 18:12

If we have to stomach another season in this league im not going to renew my season ticket. Why should i cough up the money and dedicate time every home game when our chairman refuses to invest probably in the team and a manager who is developing a stubborn streak thats costing us games. Why waste the effort when its clear as water there is no intention to leave this league ever.

5 games left but im not holding out we will win enough to secure an automatic promotion even if results go our way and we simply do not have the squad to cope with the playoffs as sown by our collapse in form since january.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 4 EmptySat 9 Apr - 18:17

Lord Biro wrote:
Don't worry about it Beeb. He'll make those payments owed, come hell or high water. His grabbing mits are aimed elsewhere.
I'm sure he will make these final 3.
I can then retire gracefully.
Before my health gets any worse following this lot. Handbags
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 4 EmptySat 9 Apr - 18:21

Presumably Reid was injured today? The bench certainly had a threadbare look about it, no doubt the cries for the return of Tyler Harvey will reach a new crescendo. Argyle were very unlucky not to score in the first minute when Carey's shot rebounded off the underside of the bar to safety. In fact I can't recall many more one sided halves in terms of territory and possession and nor one where it was more absolutely inevitable that the opposition were going to score. The long ball was duly despatched, Argyles defence was outpaced and bang, there you go. TBF from my position the guy looked yards offside but no excuses-for all of Argyle's dominance, clear cut chances were at a premium. Wimbledon were more in it as an attacking force in the second half but Argyle got a classy equaliser with a Carey volley from an excellent Sawyer cross.One thing that really bothered me about Argyle today was the lack of go-for-the-throat urgency after the goal-if anything Wimbledon were stronger afterwards although Matt did stumble over a very good chance after good work from Wylde. In a way the winner was similar to the first goal-long but this time high ball, defence failed to clear and McCormick was left stranded for Akinfenwa to head over him. Funnily enough, it made no impression on me-no surprise,no anger, no feelings of any description, just pleased to get out and have a ciggy. Could be my age or it could be just the acceptance that Argyle are not likely to be moving in an upward direction any time soon. Sad and weird but true.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 4 EmptySat 9 Apr - 18:27

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

the captain wankspasm gets an interview in the paper prior to the game.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 4 EmptySat 9 Apr - 18:29

I've never been convinced about Harvey but surely with Nards getting shunned and Reid injured (pretty sure DA would have known that before today) why wasn't Harvey recalled. Please don't tell me there was no recall clause ...... please.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 4 EmptySat 9 Apr - 18:32

tigertony wrote:
I've never been convinced about Harvey but surely with Nards getting shunned and Reid injured (pretty sure DA would have known that before today) why wasn't Harvey recalled. Please don't tell me there was no recall clause ...... please.

i would have thought he would have returned by now regardless as he only had a 28 day loan and i cant see anywhere that it got renewed.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 4 EmptySat 9 Apr - 18:33

Oh well, League Two again next season then.

We can forget any Play-Off success this term, Pompey will claim that prize (should they miss out on automatic promotion).

Brent please leave now.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sat 9 Apr - 18:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 4 EmptySat 9 Apr - 18:38

Someone is still sticking up for Brent then.

Message to the OP in the link - Brent has done nothing in his time here to convince me that he will take this club to a higher division. Argyle are still on drip feed mode and that is not acceptable.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 4 EmptySat 9 Apr - 18:49

I think the squad of loanees is looking to next season and trying not to get injuries foreshore they know they will be gone.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 4 EmptySat 9 Apr - 18:50

tigertony wrote:

If you're not convinced then what makes you think that Derek Adams is? It sure doesn't look that way to me and if so why would the manager recall someone who is obviously in his opinion not up to the required standard? I suppose it could be argued that a "better than nobody" scenario should have applied but it's hardly the way that an alleged promotion chasing outfit should be operating. It's also abundantly clear that Nardiello is never going to be in Adams thoughts either-it would appear that something is in situ that makes him not the player that the management thought he was and questions need to be asked about why this is so. If the management team did know that he was susceptible to injury or whatever, maybe further questions need to be asked why Argyle are effectively gambling on the previously decent scoring record of the bloke and whether budgetary considerations were instrumental in his signing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 4 EmptySat 9 Apr - 18:54

VillageGreen wrote:

Message to the OP in the link - Brent has done nothing in his time here to convince me that he will take this club to a higher division. Argyle are still on drip feed mode and that is not acceptable.

In fairness to tosspoti, the OP on that thread seems to have been met with incredulity and criticism.

The thing is, even if you were a huge fan of Brent at the start and feel that we owe him huge gratitude for saving the club and that he is some kind of God, surely now you must realise that for the club to move forward he needs to move on. Such devoted support for him now can surely only come from the stupid and the pig-headed (pun intended).

And if people can't even see that he is holding the club back, how are you ever going to make them see the actual harm he has done to the club (asset stripping etc) and the further harm he will do in the future if his plans progress as many of us suspect. Some fans almost deserve a shitehole of a club.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 4 EmptySat 9 Apr - 18:59

Yes, league two again next year, I can not see us winning again this season.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 4 EmptySat 9 Apr - 19:02

charleymouse wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

In fairness to tosspoti, the OP on that thread seems to have been met with incredulity and criticism.

The thing is, even if you were a huge fan of Brent at the start and feel that we owe him huge gratitude for saving the club and that he is some kind of God, surely now you must realise that for the club to move forward he needs to move on. Such devoted support for him now can surely only come from the stupid and the pig-headed (pun intended).

And if people can't even see that he is holding the club back, how are you ever going to make them see the actual harm he has done to the club (asset stripping etc) and the further harm he will do in the future if his plans progress as many of us suspect. Some fans almost deserve a shitehole of a club.
Agree totally with that, Brent is Bad news, unless you love fourth division shite year after year in a run down stadium with a team full of short term loans.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 4 EmptySat 9 Apr - 19:36

So who is Paul Richardson? Does he work for the club?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wombles Match Thread...
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next