RegGreen
Les Miserable
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Wombles Match Thread... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 7:39 pm

GA1984.....Argyle Ambassador, North Devon jocolor geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 7:54 pm

SteelCannon wrote:
So who is Paul Richardson? Does he work for the club?
No.
He's loves Argyle big time though.
Loves kits and home programmes too.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 8:05 pm

never mention kits to him he suffers from kit ocd
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 8:07 pm

Kit Williams. Now that was  a case of OCD for a lot of folk.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 8:56 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Oh well, League Two again next season then.

We can forget any Play-Off success this term, Pompey will claim that prize (should they miss out on automatic promotion).

Brent please leave now.
Don't agree at all! IMHO we can forget the play-offs in total. We are going down through them faster than the ''The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror'' at Disney World.
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 8:58 pm

charleymouse wrote:
Lord Biro wrote:
charleymouse wrote:

What and deprive the club Brent of the extra cash a full house will bring for the home leg? No way! Jimmy needs his pennies, you know, what will he have left to count and pinch over the summer.

Too right, and here's the scenario. Now Argyle are in the play offs, all that extra income, including Wembley with attendant merchandising etc, would be deemed unbudgeted, and as such under Jim the Shred's stated policy, 50% would go against the bullet payment in October. That, regardless of eventual promotion or no, would probably increase the value of his Argyle business stake by a good 250K. Nice work if you can get it. But he's probably not thought about that, just like he hasn't thought of buying the stadium yet.
I'm beginning to despise the man and what he has created.

I've despised him at least since he promised transparency and delivered invisibility.

Just out of interest, what is the prize money for the top 3 places in L2? Is it an acknowledged fact that a club will make more out a playoff SF than out of automatic promotion?

when we finished 2nd in 2009 we got 20K, Steve Perrymen told me at bodmin in preseason for a club like ECFC the only way to make anything out of it is to go up through the POs, gate money alone makes you more money
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 9:28 pm

BBC1 wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:
So who is Paul Richardson? Does he work for the club?
No.
He's loves Argyle big time though.
Loves kits and home programmes too.

piccy on the way BBC1 , one for sad act [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as well
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 10:38 pm

charleymouse wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Someone is still sticking up for Brent then.

Message to the OP in the link - Brent has done nothing in his time here to convince me that he will take this club to a higher division. Argyle are still on drip feed mode and that is not acceptable.

In fairness to tosspoti, the OP on that thread seems to have been met with incredulity and criticism.

The thing is, even if you were a huge fan of Brent at the start and feel that we owe him huge gratitude for saving the club and that he is some kind of God, surely now you must realise that for the club to move forward he needs to move on. Such devoted support for him now can surely only come from the stupid and the pig-headed (pun intended).

And if people can't even see that he is holding the club back, how are you ever going to make them see the actual harm he has done to the club (asset stripping etc) and the further harm he will do in the future if his plans progress as many of us suspect. Some fans almost deserve a shitehole of a club.

I think at a guess there are a fair few who do know that Brent is holding the club back, but they will just say what can they do about it.

I do not go to that many games. It has been too many seasons in this division for my liking, with another due for next season. I will be be hard pushed to even bother for 2016-17.

I read elsewhere today that Brent should try and get other investment within the club or step aside and sell the club, let someone else have a crack. The latter would be the ideal situation.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 11:27 pm

The winner was a shambles
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 12:13 am

Bugger me Elias, not one of your better days. The Real Dons win at Home Park and M1 M&S Distribution Centre Dons lose 4-0 at home to Warnock's lot to virtually seal their fate of relegation.

Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 3:35 am

We will finish in play-offs at least. We're clearly in them by nine points. Even if we lose every one of our last five, it will require at least four teams below us to win all of theirs. 3 pts out of these last five games will snitch it.....surely at least we'll scrape a home win against Daggers?!!

At one point today, the play-off contenders were ourselves, Rovers, Portsmouth......and Exeter. All sort of local derby's...and I wouldn't want to face, or lose to, any of them...either in the semi's or at Wembley.

I agree that based on current form, we ain't going up automatically, so it looks like we're enduring the play-offs whether we like it or not.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 4:24 am

Could end up with a delighted Brent, Exshitter in the playoffs = massive crowds - win and then Pompey in the final = massive crowd. Mind we will have to overcome Exshitter first.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 4:53 am

SteelCannon wrote:
We will finish in play-offs at least. We're clearly in them by nine points. Even if we lose every one of our last five, it will require at least four teams below us to win all of theirs. 3 pts out of these last five games will snitch it.....surely at least we'll scrape a home win against Daggers?!!

At one point today, the play-off contenders were ourselves, Rovers, Portsmouth......and Exeter. All sort of local derby's...and I wouldn't want to face, or lose to, any of them...either in the semi's or at Wembley.

I agree that based on current form, we ain't going up automatically, so it looks like we're enduring the play-offs whether we like it or not.

We re gonna make the playoffs ..... Goodness me such a brave prediction. sarcasm
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 4:54 am

pepsipete wrote:
Could end up with a delighted Brent, Exshitter in the playoffs = massive crowds - win and then Pompey in the final = massive crowd.  Mind we will have to overcome Exshitter  first.

Gates split 4 ways so accrington and exeter woukd be advised to lose to us and pompey to set up a six figure payout
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 5:02 am

We are fecked.
Back to top Go down
Sturtz

Sturtz

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 8:06 am

Come on chums, you can claim that last play off spot! Don't give up on us yet!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 8:19 am

Derek said it himself yesterday during the post match interview on radio Devon e.g "unlikely we will get the third place automatic spot now ".
At least we know where we stand.
I think he was stating the obvious saying we can't see games through.
The manner of how we let Akinfenwa push through and head over into the net was pathetic.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 8:39 am

If we make the play-offs (which should be a damning endictment of brent on its own) it should be obvious to everyone that we'll be very easily brushed aside by whoever we face in the semis. The day the season ends the team that will play us will be able to put the Wembley date in their diary. The reality is we will definately still be a Div 4 club next season.

BRENT OUT NOW
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 10:23 am

Freathy wrote:
If we make the play-offs (which should be a damning endictment of brent on its own) it should be obvious to everyone that we'll be very easily brushed aside by whoever we face in the semis.  The day the season ends the team that will play us will be able to put the Wembley date in their diary.  The reality is we will definately still be a Div 4 club next season.

BRENT OUT NOW
Plymouth Argyle are now considered fourth division stalwarts, there will be a whole generation of youngsters who thanks to Brent will only ever have seen Argyle playing fourth division football.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 12:08 pm

Elias wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:

We re gonna make the playoffs ..... Goodness me such a brave prediction. sarcasm

I said it for the benefit of those who say we won't be in them and who clearly haven't looked at the table properly. Didn't say I was happy about it or making any predictions. I don't want them!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 12:11 pm

I'd give us about a 70:30 chance of being in the play-offs. It's quite likely but by no means certain.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 12:22 pm

I think even on current form it would be hard for us to drop out of the play offs but tough to see us getting past the Semi
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 1:30 pm

I spoke to two mates who were at the game yesterday, both long in the tooth like me and both been going all their lives, they are people who I listen to when they talk about football. One said we were shite and thinks there is something wrong regarding morale the other said we should be winning these games, he thinks we've played better than Exeter and the Dons. Funny old game.
Much as I love a conspiracy theory I don't buy the fact that Brent wants up via the playoffs, the mans a bumbling moron, if he aimed for the playoffs he's as likely to hit first spot as bottom place. The league position is down to Adams who has done incredibly well on a pisspoor budget. I do wonder if my mate is right about the moral and maybe Adams has had enough of austerity Jimmy and he's going to do one in the summer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 1:42 pm

BetFred are offering 18-1 on Adams legging it close season..
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 1:46 pm

What players are under contract already for next season ?? (not ones that have appeared in enough games to gain one)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wombles Match Thread...   Wombles Match Thread... - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wombles Match Thread...
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next