RegGreen
sufferedsince 68
Tgwu
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

FANS FORUM - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FANS FORUM   FANS FORUM - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 7:48 pm

not had the minutes confirmed by the club yet but sod them the first 9 minutes of the vid in brief.

brent,

thanks the die hard fans for coming, talks about his 5 years in charge as if its all successful, could do with using a well know spot cream that teenagers use for acne.

3 reasons why the grandstand isnt happening

hospitality isn't right
needs to improve match day revenue for championship football, wants to copy exeter chiefs model, bullshitting about the £1m a year again
not important to brent (his words) but they want to look into increasing the size of it because its important to fans.

passed of to martyn who knows what he is talking about....
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: FANS FORUM   FANS FORUM - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 7:50 pm

Angry wrote:
what is it going to take before fans start to get vocal and take action for the good of the club? when  another admin era starts and its too late?

Nothing.

We seem to be a breed that in the main likes life as Downton Abbey or Poldark would portray. We like to know who are masters and servants.

What that means of course is that we are easily shafted.

Wasn't one of the issues between Stapleton + Janners vs. Jones/Foot the fact that the former didn't trust their friends who mixed "up the line"?

The fact that anyone beyond Bristol is still referred to as "up the line" probably says it all.

Nothing is going to stop Brent beyond what is possible with the finances he has, which is probably laying a brick at the moment. The never again gang are so involved with the regime they now blindly support it whilst the President who drove the movement is now shacked up with the ex-Captain's wife.

There are many words to describe the situation, village and subservient are two.

Once again it looks like this website was ahead of the game:

1. Brent has no history of property development - how much has been spent on HHP consultancy fees? Who has paid that bill? Maybe one for the Trust.

2. What is the true financial relationship between the GT's and the club/Brent? How does this sit with HRMC?

3. A small squad populated with one year contracts.

4. No speedy investment at Christmas when we needed to kick on to ensure promotion.

5. Likely to be a 6th year under Brent's reign in this dog shit of a division where 12.5% of the club's get promoted every year and nearly a third are either promoted or in the play offs. For feck sake rolling a dice should have had a club promoted by now with support that consistently delivers attendance figures in the top three.

It is a feckin cnut of a shambles being milked by a failing property developer and worse of all being clapped into every tent by the victims of his PR machine which is backed and sponsored by people who purport to love this club but only prop up the very machine which is milking it dry.

Geddon.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: FANS FORUM   FANS FORUM - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 7:57 pm

Good post Dick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FANS FORUM   FANS FORUM - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 8:13 pm

9-22minutes was starnes giving his state of the union address. might be worth a watch guys

but as for the questions

1st on state of pre season games, 22 mins

club waiting to find out what league they are in first before confirming games, some arse kisser called jon explaining no premiership club wants to come here over a tour but have names in mind so torquay and truro then.

2nd the historic debt 24min asked by steel cannon

club still paying it

3rd 27minute someone with 3 questions the jammy jannar 1)  game at barnet, wasnt at the game heard on the radio about forster's injury reckons we should sue barnet and this could cost us promotion. he rang the football league felt so angry

brent shoots down the latter, club discussing the safey of the hoardings with the fa and barnet. starnes medical opinion barnet needs to improve

2) wycombe wanders moaning about time wasting (postitive this guy is a pasoti user) why is it allowed, so no doubt he loved luton later.

brent wants it stopped. starnes says its outrageous complained about the issue to other clubs, wants refs to stop it

the moaner holds off on his 3rd question i personally cant wait

Last edited by Angry on Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: FANS FORUM   FANS FORUM - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 8:24 pm

Good Post mr tickle geddon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FANS FORUM   FANS FORUM - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 8:30 pm

4th question 35minutes update on the far post club?

works conitnuing, drawings and planning is delaying and something will be submitting next week to the council

5th the ticket office number 35:48  wants it changed to a local number

0845 are local numbers according to the club its the mobile companies making the money not the club.  
fan points out its the fans paying out to ring this number

the club says they are looking to change it  news on this due in the summer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FANS FORUM   FANS FORUM - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 8:43 pm

6th 37:45 the club website layout

the idiot who runs the site says they are overhauling by 2017 the site as its owned by the company that looks after most clubs sites, new partner due and will work with clubs from now ready for that date. club not keen on running their own site as its expensive (obviously not heard of sponsorships)

7th 39min kit update

very soon,

8th 40min fan of 40 years asks is there possibility of the grandstand ever being built or is it pie in the sky

brent say it has to be done, he it embrasses him, £10m quoted to build it brent wont pay that admits hhp is dead and is not trying to find something else to build. hints over clubs dont want to go up as its expensive, club needs money if they go into championship. will see himself as a failure as a chairman if he doesnt deliver a grandstand

9th 42:20 will the club reach out to djm clubs to come to the club again?

they say they will

10th 43:10 a female fan worried and frighten about portsmouth and flares due to the stand size

starnes says they are easy to hide on your person, brent says they are like teabags making the female even more worried lol club on its last warning from FA about flares at games. fan says they arent the ones doing it and they would grass on people using flares.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FANS FORUM   FANS FORUM - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 8:54 pm

11th 46:13 home park purchase brought up

brent says club is better off owning the ground (i wonder why that is) but undecided

12th 47m a student fan who is mature missed  the earlier question about the season tickets and brent explains the earlier answer.

13th 48:05 old git wants ballboys to stand in the old mayflower terrace so the ball can get back into play quicker

brent says it would be great if fans could go back on there, martyn says he will speak to colin and see if they can do that.

14th 48:30 does the move of teh reserve side to newton about mean teh end of using the torquay club considering its options, side is a success. brent says club needs a to improve its training facilities
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FANS FORUM   FANS FORUM - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 9:09 pm

15th 50:30 fan brings up brunts injury and contract will he be getting one?

club will support him no matter what

16th 51:10 fan asks the same question about kits someone else already asked

club repeats its earlier answer brent is excited about the shirts

17th 51:50 have the club entered a new devon fa competition? the moaning argyle fan is back

club are considering

18th 52:40 the moaner asks his 3rd question the legacy of administration world cup bid money are the club going to ask for its money back

bret says the club may have a case but its all down to how other clubs get on with theirs, court cases are expensive if its in lubs interests hell do it

19th 54:40 couldnt hear it in truth but i think it was about stadium ownership

brent rabbits on about stadium ownership home park wont become a tesco, acv wasnt helpful move by the trust

20th 58:10 fan says fans trusted stapleton and look what happend there acv takes away power from owners and fans are in the loop

brent doesnt seem happy with that question, club should hold freehold positives outweigh negatives debate needed

fan i think it was bob trips in with the club wanted cinema, hotel, ice rinks built on the carpark after brent says he couldn't build a tesco and only sports facilities,

has there been any concrete offers other than the council who hve made offers to build the stand?

talks happend sounds like a no to me

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FANS FORUM   FANS FORUM - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 9:12 pm

21th 01:02 is there a dutch club lined up yet

no in short got turned down by one, the team maynot be dutch but a team training nearby

01:03 22nd last question can you confirm about the far post

club repeats their answer

brent asks how the q and a's can improve

and there you have it people the whole vid in a nutshell and the time stamps if you want to watch the question and answer in greater detail
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: FANS FORUM   FANS FORUM - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 9:15 pm

Well done Angry, you masochist Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FANS FORUM   FANS FORUM - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 9:21 pm

I assume that Angry's transcript is from this years Forum, as it sounds like the same old shit we hear year after year.

The most telling comment I have heard today was on freechat where someone said that Argyle and HP looks like a club and ground in decline.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: FANS FORUM   FANS FORUM - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 9:23 pm

Cheers Angry, some amusing stuff in there. Had to laugh at the Dutch friendly and not having a team to play...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FANS FORUM   FANS FORUM - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 9:28 pm

wish i'd paid a grand to watch Hulls U/11s team
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: FANS FORUM   FANS FORUM - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 12:54 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:
For me personally, it was disappointing to see such a low turnout given what I read and hear about greivances from sections of the fanbase. I sometimes wonder whether enough people actually care? If I'm thinking that then you can bet JB is! 'Solidarity In Numbers' and all that...

Seems there are more people on the Hoe at the badger culling protest than were at that meeting. However, some food for thought with some of his responses and he made no bones about the fact he is not amused about the ACV status.

The above could be word for word what Newell would say. It's about time you realised that fans have twigged the pointless nonsense. It's a charade. And as for Green Jim thinking no one is interested.....good. The guy needs to be isolated and told to pack his bags, just like Dan. He's not good for the club, and has installed a nasty feel with the superfans. Many, many fans know it.  He's a property developer. Who wants to speak to the likes of that ?

"The above could be word for word what Newell would say" ???? Riiiiiight... Well Newell is his own person and I am mine but, whatever.... Still never met the bloke, but ok.

And as for Green Jim thinking no one is interested.....good. You think I said what I did because I'm worried he'll be upset?... Good grief.

Anyway, for those who are interested, here's an almost brief synopsis of what was discussed:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: FANS FORUM   FANS FORUM - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 3:06 pm

13th 48:05 old git wants ballboys to stand in the old mayflower terrace so the ball can get back into play quicker

brent says it would be great if fans could go back on there, martyn says he will speak to colin and see if they can do that.

I spoke to Colin (Bunny) about this last year, Health and safety stop them doing it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FANS FORUM   FANS FORUM - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 6:56 pm

Tgwu wrote:

I spoke to Colin (Bunny) about this last year, Health and safety stop them doing it.

I believe Martyn would have known that, which i would have thought he could have stated that with his answer in truth.

Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: FANS FORUM   FANS FORUM - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 7:13 pm

Tgwu wrote:

Always makes me laugh when people state for 'health and safety' reasons without any real clue about whether it actually does contravene any H+S legislation.
Smacks of a cheap and easy way to fob off a small minded easily appeased fan-base cyclops
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: FANS FORUM   FANS FORUM - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 8:07 pm

I suppose it depends on the actual means of accomodating fans on the terrace. I suspect that H&S does prevent standing there because there's no crush barriers any more. On top of that the league regs (or is it actual law?) prevents it being used for standing so either way that's a no no.

I can't see any reason why seating would be verboten though. Can anybody else?

The only believable reason for its continuing closure is that the economics don't add up. Any money spent on re-introducing seating would have to be recovered before the new grandstand goes up. That at least means there's little time pressure.

An innovative way forward would be to volunteer the area as a safe standing trial. We might even be able to get the manufacturers to pay for us to install it as a prototype or trial! But that's dependent on the go ahead from elsewhere.

We really need to get that terrace back in use somehow. The absence of the old Mayflower aggro is a big part of our lost home advantage and must have been worth a few decisons, points and goals every season; getting it back would do wonders for the soul of the club and enhance the matchday experience for everybody. We'd be almost like a normal club again.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: FANS FORUM   FANS FORUM - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 8:11 pm

Normal club !!! we're just a real crappy version of Newcastle Utd
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: FANS FORUM   FANS FORUM - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 9:37 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Always makes me laugh when people state for 'health and safety' reasons without any real clue about whether it actually does contravene any H+S legislation.
Smacks of a cheap and easy way to fob off a small minded easily appeased fan-base cyclops  

I was refering to the ballboys part of his answer
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: FANS FORUM   FANS FORUM - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 7:36 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
Angry wrote:
what is it going to take before fans start to get vocal and take action for the good of the club? when  another admin era starts and its too late?

Nothing.

We seem to be a breed that in the main likes life as Downton Abbey or Poldark would portray. We like to know who are masters and servants.

What that means of course is that we are easily shafted.

Wasn't one of the issues between Stapleton + Janners vs. Jones/Foot the fact that the former didn't trust their friends who mixed "up the line"?

The fact that anyone beyond Bristol is still referred to as "up the line" probably says it all.

Nothing is going to stop Brent beyond what is possible with the finances he has, which is probably laying a brick at the moment. The never again gang are so involved with the regime they now blindly support it whilst the President who drove the movement is now shacked up with the ex-Captain's wife.

There are many words to describe the situation, village and subservient are two.

Once again it looks like this website was ahead of the game:

1. Brent has no history of property development - how much has been spent on HHP consultancy fees? Who has paid that bill? Maybe one for the Trust.

2. What is the true financial relationship between the GT's and the club/Brent? How does this sit with HRMC?

3. A small squad populated with one year contracts.

4. No speedy investment at Christmas when we needed to kick on to ensure promotion.

5. Likely to be a 6th year under Brent's reign in this dog shit of a division where 12.5% of the club's get promoted every year and nearly a third are either promoted or in the play offs. For feck sake rolling a dice should have had a club promoted by now with support that consistently delivers attendance figures in the top three.

It is a feckin cnut of a shambles being milked by a failing property developer and worse of all being clapped into every tent by the victims of his PR machine which is backed and sponsored by people who purport to love this club but only prop up the very machine which is milking it dry.

Geddon.

I think I love you Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FANS FORUM   FANS FORUM - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 10:02 am

That para is quality.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: FANS FORUM   FANS FORUM - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 10:29 am

FFS that's all irrelevant. Which bunch of clog hoppers are we playing in Holland? Shorely that's more important? jocolor
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: FANS FORUM   FANS FORUM - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 9:04 pm

probably fc sions' second xi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FANS FORUM   FANS FORUM - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

FANS FORUM