Elias
tcm
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tcm

tcm

how many fans at the nam? Empty
PostSubject: how many fans at the nam?   how many fans at the nam? EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 8:49 pm

according to my brother who has a mate in the plod and was told that because off the numbers travlling that the thinking behind switching to POTD is to stop agro fans going in the home bit,,,,looks like its going to be a big following,,,,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how many fans at the nam?   how many fans at the nam? EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 8:53 pm

I can't even get a train back after the game from Chippenham, which is a half an hour drive away.

It's as if this country shuts down when it gets dark!

Interesting game too. Will tell us a lot more about where we are at the moment. If we can pull off another win we'll be right there in the play-off race.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how many fans at the nam?   how many fans at the nam? EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:13 pm

It does close Jock. It's to keep scary people off the streets who might have had an apple drink or two......after Saturday there might be 6/700 I reckon for a Tuesday night. And 3 points of course. That's points not pints by the way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how many fans at the nam?   how many fans at the nam? EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:22 pm

You make me sound like a raging alcoholic drunken

I haven't had one drop of drink for over a week. I very rarely do these days, but need a few stiffeners to be able to watch Scotland though Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how many fans at the nam?   how many fans at the nam? EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 11:05 pm

A mate of mine who is a copper up here has said they're expecting 800-1000 for this one.

As TCM says, Cheltenham wanted it moved back to POTD as they think Argyle fans will go in the home end.

The thinking is if we bring more than the away end can hold then they'll give us a block or 2 of the home end which becomes an extended away end if numbers warrant it.

Anyone remember our first ever meeting with Cheltenham? We lost 2-0 but we took over 1000 fans on a tuesday night, trashed a pub and had to be moved into the home end Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how many fans at the nam?   how many fans at the nam? EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 11:11 pm

I was there that night.

Turned up straight from work, suited and booted, in a proper business type overcoat, wearing gloves as it was a bit cold.

The stewards actually insisted on searching the inside of my gloves.

No wonder there was a huge queue at the turnstiles...
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: how many fans at the nam?   how many fans at the nam? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 2:49 am

i went to cheltenham for a friendly in 1992 seem to remeber the locals were hostile to the 50 or so argyle that turned up.

the game in 1999 was a total shambles, they were totally unprepared for 2000 away fans.

in fact i recall a FRT game in 2001 where we to get in we paid someone sat behind a table in the main stand to get in only yo find they let more fans in than seats !!!!

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: how many fans at the nam?   how many fans at the nam? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 8:20 am

Look how far we've come.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how many fans at the nam?   how many fans at the nam? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 9:55 am

I remember the old away end had 2 portaloo's and that was their facilities! lol!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: how many fans at the nam?   how many fans at the nam? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 10:42 am

Ah memories! I love you
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: how many fans at the nam?   how many fans at the nam? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:29 am

Not really a LOL moment Yea Man. An horrific assault which left Wotton's ear hanging by a thread, blood spilling everywhere, children in the restaurant screaming, a teenager who had a serious breakdown and all the great pre season hard work and bonding undone in an instant. Bet you are a barrel of laughs at parties.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how many fans at the nam?   how many fans at the nam? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:49 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Not really a LOL moment Yea Man. An horrific assault which left Wotton's ear hanging by a thread, blood spilling everywhere, children in the restaurant screaming, a teenager who had a serious breakdown and all the great pre season hard work and bonding undone in an instant. Bet you are a barrel of laughs at parties.

I've removed my post.

I wasn't there at the time so was not privvy to the details and my post was a bit of banter, just like the posts about Terry and Ferdinand meeting up again for the first time.

However the post was not in good taste and should not have been said.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: how many fans at the nam?   how many fans at the nam? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:54 am

Any truth in the tale that Wotton had been pi$$ taking and generally bullying the young man ?
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: how many fans at the nam?   how many fans at the nam? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:55 am

Thank you Yea Man, much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: how many fans at the nam?   how many fans at the nam? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:01 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Any truth in the tale that Wotton had been pi$$ taking and generally bullying the young man ?

Are you looking for justification Trin?

Zebrowski had a breakdown - we had to deal with Wottons physical injury and Zebrowski's mental state.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: how many fans at the nam?   how many fans at the nam? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:08 pm

Tringreen wrote:

Not sure if this is the Zebroski incident you're on about, but if so, I can tell you that you're quite correct.

Wotton used to Lord it over the youths as if he were some sort of demigod. Zebroski was an easy target for a couple of reasons and when you push push push, sometimes the person you're pushing will snap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how many fans at the nam?   how many fans at the nam? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:14 pm

Whether it was a lol moment or not, if Wotton was playing it may have been a real cause for concern if they were on the pitch together. Never mind refusing to shake his hand, Wotton might well have found it hard to keep a lid on his anger.

I don't know the full story as to why it happened, but almost every report I've seen about it mentions that Wotton had constantly bullied Zebroski who finally flipped.

It certainly doesn't excuse what he did, and Argyle acted swiftly to get rid of him which was a good move.

I'm not sure if they have faced each other since the incident? Surely they must have somewhere along the line?

There is a report about it here, as well as some funny insight into what people think about Argyle fans Razz

"Maybe it was Wottons infuriating ability to score 40 yard daisy cutters week in week out (and thereby secure promotion for a poor footballing team) that caused such animalistic rage in Zebroski"

"An attack like Zebroski's has enraged the entire population of Cornwall. Moving to Torquay - so close to the scene of his crime- is a daring move. As TMN types there may be hoards of green-clad seven fingered Cornish crazies armed with frozen Ginsters pasties heading up to Torquay on tractors"

lol! lol! lol!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how many fans at the nam?   how many fans at the nam? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:24 pm

Not going to Nam as I'm with the prawn sandwiches at Old Trafford. Still too traumatised from the 5-2 game 12 years ago.

DANE.....DANE.... Very Happy

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how many fans at the nam?   how many fans at the nam? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:25 pm

While i'm not going to tell people what they can and can not talk about just bare in mind that incident was quite disturbing for all those involved and for those who witnessed it.

I deleted my original post as it was in bad taste.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: how many fans at the nam?   how many fans at the nam? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:25 pm

A brilliant psychoanalytical diagnosis Czarcasm.

There is no doubt that Wotton was the alpha male of the dressing room. That is why he was captain. There is no doubt that the youngsters were the target of much of the banter from the more senior players, it uappens at every club. Just to fill a small gap in your knowledge , the comment that finally triggeted Zebrowski wasn't even made by Wotton.

Zebrowski had a mental health problem that had not heen diagnosed or treated up to the Austria incident. This incident enabled him to get the help he needed.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: how many fans at the nam?   how many fans at the nam? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:48 pm

Keep yer hair on Damon, just a precis.

In your position at the time, you may not have been fed the whole truth. To draw a parallel, in schools, the teachers may think they know whats going on in their class, but when truth be told, they don't know half of what's really going on with the kids.

Anyway, I still stand by my theory that if you constantly provoke, don't cry when you get a (severe) reaction.

Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: how many fans at the nam?   how many fans at the nam? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:57 pm

I don't have any hair left!

I am aware of what went on, when we got back to Plymouth Robert Dennerley chaired a full investigation into the matter which included all the reports on the Captain's and other senior pros treatment of the younger players. With Ollie's assistance we (the board and the chief exec) then set out a code of conduct which was sent to all the pros and a letter to all the apprentices regarding reporting procedures which eventually came back tothe board.

Whether it was alpha male pranks or outright bullying, the issue here was Zebrowski's health. It was not something you could find in a standard medical, no-one could have known.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: how many fans at the nam?   how many fans at the nam? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 1:00 pm

As an aside, Damon, do you know how well Robert Dennerley is (after the reported terminal cancer story last year)?
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: how many fans at the nam?   how many fans at the nam? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 1:05 pm

Unfortunately i am not in regular contact with Rob or Cindy but I hear he has amazed the docs and is still fighting.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: how many fans at the nam?   how many fans at the nam? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 2:10 pm

That's good news, the best of luck to him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how many fans at the nam?   how many fans at the nam? Empty

Back to top Go down

how many fans at the nam?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next