Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  EventsEvents  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

avatar

Posts : 4575
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 57
Location : Tavistock area

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:57 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Rollo Tomasi wrote:
I see the pompey manager has buggered off to Wigan. Don't get that at all.

Tidsdale is favourite to get the job. Not sure what to make of him but Pompey will find him out one way or the other.

Would Adams be interested if they came calling. Would have more of a chance at Pompey.

Doubt very much if Tisdales will go there. He's allegedly one of the best paid managers in the lower leagues  and seems to have a job for life. Why risk all that for Pompey

Tisdale has turned down better jobs before, Swansea and Southampton IIRC. A factor which would probably count against him would be his Southampton connections, think he only played a few matches for them before injury finished him but once a scummer always a scummer up in that neck of the woods, can't see it happening.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi



Posts : 673
Join date : 2013-04-30

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:10 am

You're forgetting Redknapp and Ball. Even Channon played for both.

I don't think Tidsdale's profile is up with their's somehow.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

avatar

Posts : 174
Join date : 2015-11-02
Location : The happy Isles where nobody grows old

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:06 am

BBC1 wrote:
green_genie wrote:
Angry wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Why did exeter fans boycott the playoff final?

they took double their capacity so half who went are plastics like the ones who went to twickenham.

Not sure if you're talking about Cornish including BBC1 or Chiefs, but the latter only had allocation of 7000. The vast majority of seats for Saturday have been sold for weeks to neutrals from all over.
at the Aviva premiership final on Saturday there were loads of neutrals, all wearing their clubs rugby shirts.it seems like they use the occasion to celebrate the end of the rugby season with a day out at rugby HQ whether their team is there or not. And despite there being almost 80000 people there, with plenty of beer on tap, not one sign of trouble and a brilliant atmosphere to be in. Food for thought going forward in life...

Well said sir. Predictably there are the 'usual' insular crowd on Exeweb taking it badly. While I'm bitterly disappointed that we missed out on promotion I luxuriate in the fact that an Exeter/Devonshire team has not only brought pride and pleasure to our somewhat sporting backwater of a region, but is admired by supporters of rival clubs. Last Sunday's 'The Rugby Paper' said: This was not just a victory for the Exeter Chiefs but for English club rugby. It went on to say: The victory was a vindication of the much tampered promotion-relegation system which gave clubs like Exeter the right to dream.

Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

avatar

Posts : 174
Join date : 2015-11-02
Location : The happy Isles where nobody grows old

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:11 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
I hope Exeter go up. The more success in the region the better.

Well said Dick. Thumbs

You lot need to pull your bleeding socks up or you won't be able to enjoy the new away end stand when we go up next season. Wink Wink

UTC
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

avatar

Posts : 571
Join date : 2013-08-23

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:22 am

Hugh Midde wrote:


Well said Dick.   Thumbs

You lot need to pull your bleeding socks up or you won't be able to enjoy the new away end stand when we go up next season. Wink   Wink

UTC

Won't be an issue Hugh. We'll pass you going back down. Our only hope is if the parasite ups sticks & decides to "save" Exeter.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 3674
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:44 am

The glory days of laughing at Exeter are long gone the Brentmare has seen to that! better signings, new Grandstand ,better training facilities, better youth set up, sadly the jokes on the poor argo punters paying top prices to watch misfits and donkeys scuffling about..... sad times.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

avatar

Posts : 174
Join date : 2015-11-02
Location : The happy Isles where nobody grows old

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:50 am

Lord Melbury wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:


Well said Dick.   Thumbs

You lot need to pull your bleeding socks up or you won't be able to enjoy the new away end stand when we go up next season. Wink   Wink

UTC

Won't be an issue Hugh. Our only hope is if the parasite ups sticks & decides to "save" Exeter.

Good Grief m'lord! What have I even done to you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

avatar

Posts : 571
Join date : 2013-08-23

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:28 pm

My apologies Hugh. I shouldn't wish that fate on anyone.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:39 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
The glory days of laughing at Exeter are long gone the Brentmare has seen to that! better signings, new Grandstand ,better training facilities, better youth set up, sadly the jokes on the poor argo punters paying top prices to watch misfits and donkeys scuffling about..... sad times.

Aye to that, suffers.

Mr Brent aided our survival when administration was staring us in the face. That, we cannot dismiss, although other interested parties were sniffing around. His (Mr.Brent's) continuing tight-arse approach will be our undoing, and fast. Even more worryingly, he seems too fooking stupid/naive/stubborn to realise this, and insists on being able to cope with a piss-poor budget, which evidently is also pissing DA off.  Spend some money on players, Mr.Brent. We're not asking for you to spend billions, millions  - just some so we can get a decent striker or two in to, at the very least, shore-up this first season back in LG1.

Last season's promotion seems to be the only highlight in his 6/7 year tenure. Absolutely not good enough, imho. The ground is in a shite state, the facilities are in a shite state, the infrastructure to deal with and interact with fans is diabolical, a hugely divided fan-base and things going from bad to worse on-the-field due to lack of investment.

Exeter, well, I can't believe I'm saying this, but, I'm envious of their ambition, vision and for-thought and team set-up. How are they seemingly getting it so right, and here we are, fooking it up, left right and centre - on and off the field.

I'm struggling to think of a time when I was more disinterested in Argo.


Meh - off out with the doggy. party animal
Back to top Go down
Geezer



Posts : 16
Join date : 2016-02-02

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:25 am

Graiser wrote:
Well ole Reuben fecked up then didn't he

Perhaps not, after all.


P.S - We're missing you over at Exeweb!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 3674
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:02 am

Exeter are a good example of how a club should be run.
Good training ground, New Grandstand (actually being built) excellent youth policy, welcome absent of wanabee property developers on the make at the clubs expense,  all in all Exeter are run by people with the clubs best interest at heart, im very envious.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

avatar

Posts : 2018
Join date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:42 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
The glory days of laughing at Exeter are long gone the Brentmare has seen to that! better signings, new Grandstand ,better training facilities, better youth set up, sadly the jokes on the poor argo punters paying top prices to watch misfits and donkeys scuffling about..... sad times.

It's not really top prices though is it? Argyle is £21 - £23 and at Sid James it's £18 - £23
Excretia are not actually funding the new grandstand are they. Exeter City Council has sold the freehold of the area of land behind the Big Bank at the club to the developer, who has also acquired adjoining land. Student accommodation of 312 beds will be built on the site.
The city council will use the proceeds of the land sale to fund the redevelopment. The club board has decided to make a contribution of £265,000 towards a shortfall in the project funds to improve the away end. This includes the purchase of a second-hand stand from Barnet FC.
I'm not defending or supporting anyone just putting the facts of the new/second-hand Sid James which may produce a small increase in capacity.
''Exeter are run by people with the clubs best interest at heart'' Well if they are really ambitious they would have moved to a new 15K+ all-seater ready for the Championship. Once this new/second-hand is built the capacity cannot be increased due to location. Never mind - they have their own train station to play with.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain



Posts : 943
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:02 pm

Only Tone could still laugh at Exeter whilst completely missing the point being made, wait until next year when we've changed leagues with them Suffs.
Back to top Go down
beesrus



Posts : 1382
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:03 pm

Argyle could have stayed put as tenants and got the council to fund a stadium completion along with other bodies, just as Exeter have done. They didn't, because the owners were looking for their own bunce. Bad mistake on behalf of the club. Also, Exter FC are not in the middle of a park. Those are the facts as you call them.
Who said Trust run clubs are a joke. I would say their potential for the size of club is being fulfilled, and shortly to be exceeded it would appear. Argyle's is hopelessly falling short
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 4950
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:06 pm

Through gritted teeth or what tiger.....you do sound a tad envious old bean.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain



Posts : 943
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:16 pm

beesrus wrote:
Argyle could have stayed put as tenants and got the council to fund a stadium completion along with other bodies, just as Exeter have done. They didn't, because the owners were looking for their own bunce. Bad mistake on behalf of the club. Also, Exter FC are not in the middle of a park. Those are the facts as you call them.
Who said Trust run clubs are a joke. I would say their potential for the size of club is being fulfilled, and shortly to be exceeded it would appear. Argyle's is hopelessly falling short

The main argument against a trust run club when we were in admin. was the cry, "who's going to fund the debts? Who is going to pump money into the club to run it?" The answer was Brent apparently who has pumped no cash into the club in fact he obviously is withholding funds for the team and the fans repaid the debt by turning up in large numbers over the last six years, Bremt has only managed it (badly) which I am sure any fans run trust could have done. Probably would have had some form of democratic leadership which wouldn't have gone down well in some quarters.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 3674
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:32 pm

tigertony wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
The glory days of laughing at Exeter are long gone the Brentmare has seen to that! better signings, new Grandstand ,better training facilities, better youth set up, sadly the jokes on the poor argo punters paying top prices to watch misfits and donkeys scuffling about..... sad times.

It's not really top prices though is it? Argyle is £21 - £23  and at Sid James it's £18 - £23
Excretia are not actually funding the new grandstand are they.  Exeter City Council has sold the freehold of the area of land behind the Big Bank at the club to the developer, who has also acquired adjoining land. Student accommodation of 312 beds will be built on the site.
The city council will use the proceeds of the land sale to fund the redevelopment. The club board has decided to make a contribution of £265,000 towards a shortfall in the project funds to improve the away end. This includes the purchase of a second-hand stand from Barnet FC.
I'm not defending or supporting anyone just putting the facts of the new/second-hand Sid James which may produce a small increase in capacity.
''Exeter are run by people with the clubs best interest at heart'' Well if they are really ambitious they would have moved to a new 15K+ all-seater ready for the Championship. Once this new/second-hand is built the capacity cannot be increased due to location. Never mind - they have their own train station to play with.
lol! lol! lol! lol! You are right Tone, Jimmy is doing a great job, twenty three qiud is a bargain to watch a top Turk or Ace Ainsworth storming up the wing, Exeter must be jealous.
Back to top Go down
beesrus



Posts : 1382
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:27 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Argyle could have stayed put as tenants and got the council to fund a stadium completion along with other bodies, just as Exeter have done. They didn't, because the owners were looking for their own bunce. Bad mistake on behalf of the club. Also, Exter FC are not in the middle of a park. Those are the facts as you call them.
Who said Trust run clubs are a joke. I would say their potential for the size of club is being fulfilled, and shortly to be exceeded it would appear. Argyle's is hopelessly falling short

The main argument against a trust run club when we were in admin. was the cry, "who's going to fund the debts? Who is going to pump money into the club to run it?" The answer was Brent apparently who has pumped no cash into the club in fact he obviously is withholding funds for the team and the fans repaid the debt by turning up in large numbers over the last six years, Bremt has only managed it (badly) which I am sure any fans run trust could have done. Probably would have had some form of democratic leadership which wouldn't have gone down well in some quarters.
The problem, earwig, is it's only favoured people like Brent who are allowed to borrow the money to underwrite the process. Of course a fans trust could have done the job, and a far better one, but those people who control other peoples money.. ie our money, aren't going to let us have our money back so easily.
The Exeter trust have had to make a couple of compromises to get cash together, but not toooooo big, and by and large are still in control, and doing a far better job of providing the best football possible while living within their own means than Brenty ever could.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 4950
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:40 pm

Trust run clubs still need big cheese types with a bit of clout pulling the strings at the sharp end under the guise of following the trusts wishes/instructions. Imagine trying to find such characters in Argo land, it would be carnage, backstabbing on an Olympic scale.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain



Posts : 943
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:15 am

beesrus wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Argyle could have stayed put as tenants and got the council to fund a stadium completion along with other bodies, just as Exeter have done. They didn't, because the owners were looking for their own bunce. Bad mistake on behalf of the club. Also, Exter FC are not in the middle of a park. Those are the facts as you call them.
Who said Trust run clubs are a joke. I would say their potential for the size of club is being fulfilled, and shortly to be exceeded it would appear. Argyle's is hopelessly falling short

The main argument against a trust run club when we were in admin. was the cry, "who's going to fund the debts? Who is going to pump money into the club to run it?" The answer was Brent apparently who has pumped no cash into the club in fact he obviously is withholding funds for the team and the fans repaid the debt by turning up in large numbers over the last six years, Bremt has only managed it (badly) which I am sure any fans run trust could have done. Probably would have had some form of democratic leadership which wouldn't have gone down well in some quarters.
The problem, earwig, is it's only favoured people like Brent who are allowed to borrow the money to underwrite the process. Of course a fans trust could have done the job, and a far better one, but those people who control other peoples money.. ie our money, aren't going to let us have our money back so easily.
The Exeter trust have had to make a couple of compromises to get cash together, but not toooooo big, and by and large are still in control, and doing a far better job of providing the best football possible while living within their own means than Brenty ever could.

There are a lot of people out there that say there are plenty of wealthy Argyle fans who would invest if they thought they could. Is all was lacking was the will and getting past the Brentorian guard.
Funny that De Lar is saying today that the only other option for the club other than Brent was Heaney yet he was a massive Buttivant fan at the time, in fact his Vital football site was dedicated to his quest. Whatever happened to Vital? I expect De Lar had to let it go as part of the surrender process when he changed over to Newells side for the site manager job.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:54 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Argyle could have stayed put as tenants and got the council to fund a stadium completion along with other bodies, just as Exeter have done. They didn't, because the owners were looking for their own bunce. Bad mistake on behalf of the club. Also, Exter FC are not in the middle of a park. Those are the facts as you call them.
Who said Trust run clubs are a joke. I would say their potential for the size of club is being fulfilled, and shortly to be exceeded it would appear. Argyle's is hopelessly falling short

The main argument against a trust run club when we were in admin. was the cry, "who's going to fund the debts? Who is going to pump money into the club to run it?" The answer was Brent apparently who has pumped no cash into the club in fact he obviously is withholding funds for the team and the fans repaid the debt by turning up in large numbers over the last six years, Bremt has only managed it (badly) which I am sure any fans run trust could have done. Probably would have had some form of democratic leadership which wouldn't have gone down well in some quarters.
The problem, earwig, is it's only favoured people like Brent who are allowed to borrow the money to underwrite the process. Of course a fans trust could have done the job, and a far better one, but those people who control other peoples money.. ie our money, aren't going to let us have our money back so easily.
The Exeter trust have had to make a couple of compromises to get cash together, but not toooooo big, and by and large are still in control, and doing a far better job of providing the best football possible while living within their own means than Brenty ever could.

There are a lot of people out there that say there are plenty of wealthy Argyle fans who would invest if they thought they could. Is all was lacking was the will and getting past the Brentorian guard.
Funny that De Lar is saying today that the only other option for the club other than Brent was Heaney yet he was a massive Buttivant fan at the time, in fact his Vital football site was dedicated to his quest. Whatever happened to Vital? I expect De Lar had to let it go as part of the surrender process when he changed over to Newells side for the site manager job.

And the occasional foray into the directors box, and phone numbers of Argo's current regime of tenants, including Brent. Feckin name-dropping twat.

What a feking sell-out that weasel De-Liar is. I remember him when he was a normal fan, like me.

How low some people stoop. I wonder if he's found a cure for those sleepness nights after bursting into tears and crying 'enough is enough' laugh

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 3674
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:47 pm

I think i can just about hear it......... the first Tisdale Out! shout of the season! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

avatar

Posts : 174
Join date : 2015-11-02
Location : The happy Isles where nobody grows old

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:33 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
I think i can just about hear it......... the first Tisdale Out! shout of the season! cheers cheers cheers

Cripes! You must have ears like the Jodrell Bank Observatory, Suffy.

With all that wailing coming from Humas* Park I wonder you can hear anything. Wink

*deteriorating vegetables
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 3674
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:06 pm

Hold on, i think i can here another Tisdale Out Shout! jocolor jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 4950
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:57 pm

cheers Normal service has resumed suffs laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   

Back to top Go down
 
The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 31 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Nobody's laughing at Madeleine McCann case - Chelsea Hoffman
» laughing gerry
» Mccanns...body talk
» 50 Cent (Curtis Jackson)
» Elvis Are you Lonesome Tonight...Funny Version 1969

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Zoo Corner-
Jump to: