Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.

Go down 
+48
Big Robby
Earwegoagain
akagreengull
downthetrack
Lord Melbury
Flat_Track_Bully
green_genie
Cornish Rebel
PatDunne
zyph
Cerbera
Rickler
Cousin Jack
Hoof Hearted
devonportlad
Sturtz
Geezer
Hugh Midde
pepsipete
lawnmowerman
Motorservices
mouldyoldgoat
shonbo
Rollo Tomasi
Elias
jabba the gut ecfc
Chemical Ali
Coxside_Green
argyl3
tigertony
harvetheslayer
Dane
VillageGreen
Dick Trickle
Freathy
Foxy
Sir Francis Drake
seadog
Hitch
Charlie Wood
Les Miserable
Tgwu
AstiSpumante
MikeWN
Lord Tisdale
Greenskin
Czarcasm
sufferedsince 68
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage

The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 24 EmptySat Sep 17, 2016 7:22 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Cerbera wrote:
And City drop into the drop zone.

Congratulation on your victory, the better team won.

We live in hope that Tisdale now does the noble thing and falls on his sword.

The trouble is that there's so much weight in his back pocket he'll fall the wrong way.
he needs a new tailor that's for sure. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 24 EmptySat Sep 17, 2016 9:45 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Cerbera wrote:
And City drop into the drop zone.

Congratulation on your victory, the better team won.

We live in hope that Tisdale now does the noble thing and falls on his sword.

The trouble is that there's so much weight in his back pocket he'll fall the wrong way.

Not sure the BEST side won, I reckon the more ruthless, efficient and organised one did.

Well done for coming on here though, a while ago I would have said you were crazy for wanting rid of the big cheese . However it's now clear that you need new thinking in there, it's all got too complacent and cozy. It's not like you haven't got players but there's a complete lack of spine, organisiation and leadership.
Back to top Go down
Cerbera

Cerbera

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 24 EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 11:24 am

I don't know why they don't bite the bullet and pay off Tisdale. It's well known he's on a rolling two year contract with promotion bonuses earned from when they were Conference up to L1 and no relegation drop back. But they've surely got a few quid in the bank from selling Grimes and their FA Cup run with Liverpool. Or are they using that money to prop up their poor (falling) home attendance? They were certainly trying to drum up support for yesterday. 5000 home fans for arguably their biggest home game all season is shocking.

But then again, Chiefs were home, weren't they?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 24 EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 12:20 pm

It's all been spent on the training ground running costs etc. Before the Grimes money came in, which is being staged despite what that nutter used to claim, city needed Pfa money to make payroll. They are expecting a sub 3k attendance for Notts county
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 24 EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 12:40 pm

Ridicules that a small settlement the size of Exeter allows it's successful Rugby Club and small football club to play on the same day.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 24 EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 2:01 pm

"Ridicules" indeed.
Back to top Go down
Cerbera

Cerbera

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 24 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 8:57 am

Presumably they have budgeted for bigger gates too.

They used to pull 5+k in L1. So I guess they thought 3+ every game?
Back to top Go down
Foxy

Foxy

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 24 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 9:12 pm

Graiser wrote:
Even most of Exweb agree we were far the better side, just some are so deluded  

Well played Saturday chaps, thought you looked sharp good luck for the rest of the season. Now fook off Tis Perryman and Tagg that was an embarrassment to our mighty club #nonleagueherewecome. Good night benders.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 24 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 10:18 pm

Well said Foxy,  I for one do not want to see city go down.   Like to see three league clubs in Devon,  with Argyle number one of course.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 24 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2016 6:40 am

Agree Pete, the higher the football profile of the South West the better for Argyle.
Back to top Go down
Cerbera

Cerbera

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 24 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2016 8:58 am

Agree, worst case scenario this season is for Exeter and Yeovil to go down.

Bit I think Crawley and Newport might save their blushes.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 24 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2016 12:50 pm

zyph wrote:
Ridicules that a small settlement the size of Exeter allows it's successful Rugby Club and small football club to play on the same day.

I believe this query has come up once before on the Chiefs website. When the persons that be draw up the fixture list they've got to take in account soccer/rugby teams that play at the same grounds like Wasps/Coventry City and Bristol City/ Bristol Rugby. However, should you take a look at the Leicester Tigers RFC 'Aviva Premiership' fixtures, they're either home when Leicester City is away or vice versa. They also, to avoid the clash, play some games the day before or even after a City home match. In some instances this could be down to BT TV match coverage.

I must add that I haven't taken into account cup fixtures that get sandwiched between league games, so whether those 2 clubs are afforded the same luck with those games will be worth scrutinizing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 24 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2016 5:01 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
zyph wrote:

I believe this query has come up once before on the Chiefs website. When the persons that be draw up the fixture list they've got to take in account soccer/rugby teams that play at the same grounds like Wasps/Coventry City and Bristol City/ Bristol Rugby. However, should you take a look at the Leicester Tigers RFC 'Aviva Premiership' fixtures, they're either home when Leicester City is away or vice versa. They also, to avoid the clash, play some games the day before or even after a City home match. In some instances this could be down to BT TV match coverage.

I must add that I haven't taken into account cup fixtures that get sandwiched between league games, so whether those 2 clubs are afforded the same luck with those games will be worth scrutinizing.

Assume there must have been some consideration to groundshare of Sandy Park. Why did that never get any further than the drawing board?
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 24 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 10:19 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
zyph wrote:

Assume there must have been some consideration to groundshare of Sandy Park. Why did that never get any further than the drawing board?

This question has been brought up before, however, I believe that most opinions proffered were sheer speculation. I do believe that someone suggested that The Chiefs wanted too high a rent.

As an aside, I get the feeling that while many supporters are unhappy with SJP and it's limitations for meaningful redevelopment, many would rather stay in situ than have to travel to a new ground outside the city boundaries. Also, there's a chance that the 'fringe' fans that all clubs seem to have in abundance, mightn't bother to show up.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 24 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 10:22 pm

Agent Shez puts another green and white boot in to the Greasy 'uns. Stead scoring like a rabbit this season, class player who should really be playing at a higher level.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Rebel

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 24 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 4:29 pm

I dont know why they dont just liquidate the club and build public toilets there.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 24 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 4:50 pm

In Leicester, City's ground is 1/2 mile from Welford Rd where Tigers have average attendance of over 22K.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 24 EmptySat Oct 01, 2016 5:23 pm

Another defeat. I thought with all the money they've got and their amazing yoof team they were going to walk this division
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 24 EmptySat Oct 01, 2016 6:31 pm

Fatty Akinfenwa Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 24 EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 9:40 pm

JUST A SUNDAY LIGHT RELIEF

The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 24 Ex10

The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 24 Eex14
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 24 EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 10:12 pm

Cringeworthy
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 24 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:15 pm

Cornish Rebel wrote:
I dont know why they dont just liquidate the club and build public toilets there.

Probably because we like watching a game of footy even if we're currently led by Moe, Curly and Larry.

Not sure I wish to discuss your fixation with public toilets.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 24 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 6:39 pm

A long way to go yet. I still wouldn't bet against Exeter finishing in the play-offs. Far more likely than us going up automatically when you take into account the brent factor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 24 EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 5:00 pm

Can we start laughing yet?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 24 EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 5:16 pm

Has foxy been shot and motor services broken down? Sulk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.
Page 24 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30 ... 36  Next