VillageGreen
Cornish Chris
AstiSpumante
Tgwu
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 4:25 pm

4 0 now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 4:26 pm

4-0!

Might not see the plebs from Sid James this week then. lol!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 4:47 pm

Argyle 1 up - Jervis.

cheers

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 4:49 pm

Geddon you booty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 4:50 pm

We're top but rovers have a pen now
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 4:51 pm

Same old shit
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 4:52 pm

Iggy wrote:
Geddon you booty.

Alright old Jack 1? Very Happy

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 4:52 pm

feck 1 - 1!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 4:57 pm

all Freathys fault..Brent out
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 5:04 pm

The last time i get all optimistic..... Jimmy out!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 5:10 pm

Over ten and a half thousand at HP, shirley now Jimmy will let Adams add to the squad?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 5:13 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Over ten and a half thousand at HP, shirley now Jimmy will let Adams add to the squad?

Ha you must be joking

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 5:17 pm

Freathy wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Ha you must be joking

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried to disguise it!lol!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 5:31 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:

How many Season Tickets sold. Wild Guess of 5,000 so 5500 additional Bodies at what an average of £13 ?? So £71,500 additional Income but no doubt heavy Plod Costs for the day.
Still worse case scenario an additional £50,000 in the Coffers
Back to top Go down
Jon L

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 5:41 pm

First time I've been this season and second time in 4 years. The bright start sparked some enthusiasm to have another look. First half we were average, second a snitch above average. Everyone around me questioned the penalty but my first thought was the ref got it right. Luke wonder save kept us from losing and from where I was sat it was a wonder save too.

The defence looks ok, we won't concede too many. Midfield ok too. Boatang and Carey will do fine but not sure if we have strength in depth. Up front, Reid hardly moves, the 2 wide players not much better today. I have only seen Reid twice live and twice on TV when injured in the play-off games. He has looked complete carp every time.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 5:51 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

How many Season Tickets sold. Wild Guess of 5,000 so 5500 additional Bodies at what an average of £13  ??  So £71,500 additional Income but no doubt heavy Plod Costs for the day.
Still worse case scenario an additional £50,000 in the Coffers

Less with some creative accounting................
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 5:57 pm

Not a bad game and atmos, don't think Argyle could argue with the final scoreline. Could be argued that Rovers had the better chances throughout but Argyle should have held on-ironically it was Jervis who instigated the equaliser by trying a daft back heel and giving away possession from which Rovers broke. Looked a penalty to me, not much if any protest from Argyle and it took a great save from McCormick to keep the score level as mentioned earlier. Thought Boateng was very good, slightly disappointed with some of the more vaunted players. Disappointing but not a disaster.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 6:05 pm

Sluggish performance from the off, effort was ok but the passing at times, particularly in the final 3rd was abysmal and we gave the ball away countless times all over the pitch. Just like the Pompey match our pressing in the middle of the park was poor although I guess Adams had some harsh words at HT as it improved 2nd half. I felt we just about deserved the late goal for our sheer perseverance and the joy/relief was huge, however typical of Argyle to give away a needless penalty after a bit of indecision between keeper and defender a couple of minutes later, bang 1-1. We then almost crumbled in the remaining 5 or 6 mins of injury time with Rovers having several clear chances to nick it at the death and Luke made a world class save to earn us a point. Overall a very frustrating performance and I was almost relieved with one point come the end. Will need to improve if we want to maintain our position near the top end. If Brent refuses to strengthen the squad when possible given the increased revenue from a leap in attendances then he's a shortsighted miser. Few handbags in the Rovers end and a scuffle outside before KO.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 6:15 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Sluggish performance from the off, effort was ok but the passing at times, particularly in the final 3rd was abysmal and we gave the ball away countless times all over the pitch. Just like the Pompey match our pressing in the middle of the park was poor although I guess Adams had some harsh words at HT as it improved 2nd half. I felt we just about deserved the late goal for our sheer perseverance and the joy/relief was huge, however typical of Argyle to give away a needless penalty after a bit of indecision between keeper and defender a couple of minutes later, bang 1-1. We then almost crumbled in the remaining 5 or 6 mins of injury time with Rovers having several clear chances to nick it at the death and Luke made a world class save to earn us a point. Overall a very frustrating performance and I was almost relieved with one point come the end. Will need to improve if we want to maintain our position near the top end. If Brent refuses to strengthen the squad when possible given the increased revenue from a leap in attendances then he's a shortsighted miser. Few handbags in the Rovers end and a scuffle outside before KO.

Ffs Les! Have a word with yourself, talk about stating the bleedin obvious, tell us something we don't know, it's a given ffs!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 6:24 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Ffs Les!  Have a word with yourself, talk about stating the bleedin obvious, tell us something we don't know, it's a given ffs!

In the land of the blind, the one eyed Aviva is king ! oops sorry...........old habits die hard.

In the land of the blind, the four eyed banker is king !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 6:38 pm

Game was pretty good and enjoyable to watch. We had our chances to win this should have really buried 2-3 clear cut shots at goal and that can be the only real draw back from us today all save the equaliser.
Didnt see from my angle well enough to judge whether or not if it was a clear cut penalty to them at the end all i knew was mccormick took a whack and i was fearing who would go in goal in his place if he had to come off.
I have come to the conclusion that there is no point playing reid when the other team has a strong defence as he either 1) gets marked out the game or 2) he struggles to do anything or he cant be arsed if 1 and 2 are in place.

i'll let others who like to write essays for match reviews do that but what i will is say how feckin stupid are argyle stewards and stadium management are for not accommodating the vast amount of gasheads that bought tickets in the away end by making them stand/sit in the stairways because moving the tarp that sections off the away end and the family zone wasnt seen as a good idea.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 6:50 pm

I saw a fair bit of bother in Central Park after the game as I was walking home, 80 or so middle-aged Rovers fans Chasing young Argyle lads, rival fans exchanging punches, the police lost the plot somewhat (it was something out of the 1980s). And it was no better in Town before the game so I heard, with a large Argyle mob in one town centre pub and a large Rovers mob in Union Rooms, with the police everywhere.

As for the game, a draw seems about right, but Argyle should have won the match tbh.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 7:15 pm

Poor defensive first half which Rovers looked the better side. Second half we played better- seemed to coincide with Cox coming on for the injured? McHugh. Cox played the ball quicker and forward and Boateng had pushed up.

Our goal came from a great run and low fast cross from Wylde (who had been awful otherwise). Their equaliser was down to Argyle needlessly giving the ball away (which we did often in the first half) and their number 9 outfoxing nelson and hartley- surprised the #9 didn't start as he was very dangerous. Thought it looked a pen, although my brother felt #9 kneed McCormick in the face then went down. I thought the challenge on Brunt looked a penalty but I was in block 14 so those in the Devonport may have had s better view.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 7:48 pm

Draw fair result and we were clinging on at the end.
Trouble before, during and after largely a combination of poor stewarding/policing, lack of drinking pubs with Rovers fans buying tickets for home ends then going in the already sold out measly away end allocation, hence why the tarpaulin was moved.
Game was pretty crap, Reid looked below par and inexplicably held on to the ball for too long when in key scoring positions.
Final ball pretty poor in all departments, Boateng probably my pick of the bunch.
Trouble in central park after with Rovers attacking scarfers and kids then claiming on social media that they had Argyle on their toes.
Some Argyle fan put an image on the League 2 banter group with his knuckle bloodied claiming he had knocked the teeth out of a Rovers guy.
He is now under police investigation:roll:

Not a great day today and it does seem like this was Rovers cup final/beano sort of thing !?
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 7:53 pm

Just not quite at the races today. From where I was it was a definite penalty - I was a bit surprised that Luke stayed on the pitch to be honest. Rovers supporters didn't cover themselves in glory.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bristol Rover Match Thread
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next