Cornish Chris
AstiSpumante
Tgwu
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Bristol Rover Match Thread Empty
PostSubject: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 10:10 pm

Men in the middle

CHRISTOPHER SARGINSON

Assisted by

Mark Russell and Adrian Tranter

Fourth Official Andrew Turner

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 10:11 pm

Anyone heard this story

Feeling The Blues

3 hours ago QuotePost by Feeling The Blues on 3 hours ago

21 hours ago pilgrim said:
Argyle fan in peace here and just wondering how many do you reckon will be travelling down? you always bring a good crowd down unlike most and like to be heard, it's good to have you guy's back in the football league where you belong. Couldn't believe it when you went down, no justice there. Anyway wish you well for the season apart from when you play us and travel safe those of you coming down.

Changing the subject Pilgrim, do you know why Mr Colin Sexstone has suddenly resigned as an Argyle director

Last edited by Tgwu on Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 10:14 pm

11 v 1, should win at a canter
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 10:24 pm

Argyle as changed POTD to All Tickets

Plymouth Now All Ticket
September 14, 2015
Bristol Rovers Football Club have been informed today by Plymouth Argyle that this Saturday’s game is now ALL TICKET in advance only for away fans.
This late change will mean that Rovers fans will now have to purchase tickets from 199 Two Mile Hill and Pirate Leisure in advance before they travel to the game.
Adults – £21
65+/Students – £16
Under 18 – £8

.Rovers travel to Home Park on Saturday (19th September) as they attempt to continue their good form away from the Mem.

The club have been allocated a total of 1,231 tickets consisting of 1,116 standard tickets and 115 family tickets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 11:14 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Anyone heard this story

Feeling The Blues

Argyle fan in peace here and just wondering how many do you reckon will be travelling down? you always bring a good crowd down unlike most and like to be heard, it's good to have you guy's back in the football league where you belong. Couldn't believe it when you went down, no justice there. Anyway wish you well for the season apart from when you play us and travel safe those of you coming down.

Changing the subject Pilgrim, do you know why Mr Colin Sexstone has suddenly resigned as an Argyle director
Methinks someone is having a larf as wiki says Sexstone has resigned today and joined Rovers. Very Happy
What a shame it's a wind up. One less Group Captain down here poking his nose into the park is fine by me
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 6:52 am

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Anyone heard this story

Feeling The Blues

Methinks someone is having a larf as wiki says Sexstone has resigned today and joined Rovers. Very Happy
What a shame it's a wind up. One less Group Captain down here poking his nose into the park is fine by me

How wrong can you be Sir John
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 7:13 am

That's what it looked like to me Tg. Good news if true as might be another indication that Jimmy's plans in the park really have finally floundered. Plan A or plan B
I also seem to remember Jimmy might have been hoping Sexatone could become the chairman he's been forever looking for since Ridsdale slithered off. Back to square one ?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 8:46 pm

BR nearly sold out of tickets.

Ticket Update
September 15, 2015
The Supporters Club shop at 199 Two Mile Hill, Kingswood has now sold their allocation of tickets.
All remaining tickets for Saturday’s match versus Plymouth should now be purchased form Pirate Leisure at The Memorial Stadium. There are only a few left. No further allocation is available for this all ticket match for away fans

To make money you thing Argyle would increase their allocation from the 1,231
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 9:07 pm

No way T&G, we need 4 blocks of segregation. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 9:38 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
No way T&G, we need 4 blocks of segregation.  Rolling Eyes

The family blocks are there, how many will Exeter get? I found BR fans very friendly home and away
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 10:31 pm

According to GoS we've played more competitive games against Bristol Rovers than anyone else.

P133 W57 D35 L41.

Also (I'm sure everyone else knew this but I hadn't noticed) the Notts County away game next month will be our 5,000th competitive fixture.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 1:41 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
No way T&G, we need 4 blocks of segregation.  Rolling Eyes

Quote from BR fan forum

Looks like we have stood up and been counted !
Well done Gasheads .Plymouth F C have announced they gave us a further batch of tickets on Monday and we have now all but sold our full allocation
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 3:08 pm

Feckin ridiculous for us to limit the amount of tickets our opposition can buy, spect it's the old bill wanting a quiet day.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 3:12 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
According to GoS we've played more competitive games against Bristol Rovers than anyone else.

P133 W57 D35 L41.

Also (I'm sure everyone else knew this but I hadn't noticed) the Notts County away game next month will be our 5,000th competitive fixture.

That is why back in the old days, Bristol Rovers was a main rival for Argyle.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 6:01 am

Plymouth Argyle midfielder Josh Simpson was set to return to full training on Thursday after recovering from a groin injury.

It opens the way for the 28-year-old former Crawley Town captain to be part of the Pilgrims' squad for their game against Bristol Rovers at Home Park on Saturday.

But on-loan Oscar Threlkeld has already been ruled out of that match by manager Derek Adams because of a thigh problem
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 6:47 am

ROVERS Memories of Plymouth Argyle away

Feb 1992 - my first trip to Home Park. Went on the train with my Dad. Boring 0-0 draw. Remember walking up the steps to the away end and every 10 steps there was a sign saying "10 steps start here". This game was a few days before we played Liverpool in the cup (we'd beaten Plymouth 5-0 in the 3rd round) and at the end of the game the bloke on the PA system wished Rovers luck, which I thought was a nice touch. Stopped in Taunton on the way back to change trains, went in the Crown and Sceptre, barmaid had nice tits.
Feb 1994 - me, my cousin and my mate (all 15 or 16) and my Dad went down to this one by car. Also with us was a bloke my Dad knew who was a newcomer to Rovers. We'd taken him to Bournemouth in the December but that game ended in a near riot after Brian Parkin was wrongly sent off and I got my nose smashed in during the surge to invade the pitch. Today was to prove the final straw and he never came with us again.
Rovers took a good following, the largest away support in that division in the 93/94 season.
Both teams were near the top. Drank on the Barbican and I remember thinking what a nice, relaxing place Plymouth was.
Exciting 3-3 draw. When Rovers scored a few Argyle fans in the Lyndhurst stand charged the gates, but it was more for show than anything.
We were amongst the last to leave so the bulk of the Rovers fans had already walked through Central Park.
We walked through, 3 teenagers and two blokes in their 50s, all in Rovers shirts so obviously not up for any trouble. There were a handful of Rovers 'lads' near us then we saw at the top of the hill a few lads giving it the 'come on then'. No police in sight. The Rovers lads went towards them then loads of Plymouth appeared from behind the hill and ran down towards us. Our teenage bravado disappeared and we legged it up the hill in a different direction to where the locals were coming from. Got to the main road and flagged a police van down, as the Plymouth lot had caught up but were hanging around 30 yards away. They had decided to chase us 5 instead of the Rovers lads who had ran back towards the stadium. We explained what was happening to the police and pointed at the Plymouth lot. "Perhaps they're waiting for a bus" a copper said. There was no bus stop. The police then did a U-turn and left us. We legged it through a residential area and saw one bloke cleaning his car with his garage door open. We ran in and pulled the door shut and told him what was going on. We peeked out and saw 50 pairs of feet running past. We'd have been battered if it wasn't for that bloke saving us. He drove us back towards our car and on the way we saw a Rovers fan running towards a bus being chased by about 8 lads, who just caught him and the bus sped off. My Dad said 'right, that's it' and we drove around the one way system to help him. When we got there it was all Rovers - I think a nearby pub must have had loads of our lot in who had seen what was going on.
December 1994 - got half way and found out the game had been called off. Went in the away end with Stoke at Ashton in Rovers colours. Wouldn't do that now! It wasn't advisable at the time either. Saw Barry Fry in his car, he asked us the way towards the M32 - we sent him towards Weston.
April 1995 - night game, just passed my driving test, so I drove with my Dad and a few mates. One of the lads was talking in a great detail about a hand job he'd had from a girl he'd met. I wished this conversation hadn't taken place in front of my Dad. I drove down with a bright red face.
Cherry Tree pub packed with Rovers.
Drew 1-1, climbing on the fence when Rovers scored.
Sept 1996 - drove down. Madness blaring all the way to get us in the mood. Bet on a 0-0 draw, but we won 1-0 with Cureton scoring in one of his first games for us. Little skirmish with some locals as we arrived in the car park.
January 1998 - 3 coachloads of us drank in the Pennycomequick. TCE ran down the hill but were soon on the back foot when the pub emptied. The walk through the park was much more enjoyable than in 1994. I think my Dad enjoyed it too. Rovers won. Drove down to pick my mate up the next day who'd been nicked.
March 2002 - drove down.I think Plymouth got promotion at this game as they invaded the pitch at the end. Loads of Rovers 'lads' were outside the away end but the police wouldn't let them in. Think they were annoyed as Rovers had the run of Union Street. At half time someone opened a fire door and loads rushed in. I didn't know who they were at first so was relieved when I recognised a few faces. Think we lost. Only time I've been to their redeveloped stadium. I preferred the old Home Park.

MORE ON HERE

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 7:20 am

Plymouth Forecast Summary

The Outlook for Saturday to Monday

This weekend will be largely fine and dry. But turning cloudier and breezier with some rain possible later Sunday. Unsettled with outbreaks of rain on Monday. Chilly nights throughout

So it looking fine for Saturday so you can buy the fronts seats Thumbs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 7:53 am

Front seat forecast, needs to be a regular TG. Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 11:04 am

Radio for this weekend

Saturday 19th September 2015 - BBC Radio Devon (1400-1800)

James Vickery presents Devon Sport from the Studio

League Two
Plymouth Argyle v Bristol Rovers - Charlie Price & Ross Reid (3pm Commentary on 95.7FM, 103.4FM, DAB and also on Argyle Player)
Accrington Stanley v Exeter City - Anthony Wearing & TBC - (3pm Commentary on 990AM, 801AM & also on Grecian Player)

National League
Torquay United v Bromley - Peter Smith & Chris Fleet (3pm Commentary on 1458AM, BBC Sports Website & also on Gulls Player)

Tri Club Series
Exeter Chiefs v Bath - Nigel Walrond & John Lockyer (3pm Commentary on 95.8FM & BBC Sports Website)
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 3:35 pm

Bristol Rovers can now announce that this weekend's fixture with Plymouth Argyle is now SOLD OUT.

Rovers travel to Home Park on Saturday (19th September) as they attempt to continue their good form away from the Mem.

The club have were allocated a total of 1,231 tickets for the fixture with no tickets being sold on the day.

Everyone attached with the club would like to take this opportunity to thank you Gasheads for your fantastic support on the road again this season
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 4:37 pm

I despair of Argyle and their backward mentality sometimes. 1200 people is just over two blocks. Why limit the allocation, when there will be over a thousand seats more available for potential paying punters?

Village to the end.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 6:57 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I despair of Argyle and their backward mentality sometimes. 1200 people is just over two blocks. Why limit the allocation, when there will be over a thousand seats more available for potential paying punters?

Village to the end.
Unbelievable.

Give them 6 blocks FFS
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 10:59 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

Village to the end.

The gasheads are moaning too, they are dismayed that there is no POTD.

I have a funny feeling that any ticketless gasheads will try and get in via the home sections, which will be a nightmare for the stewards and D&C.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 9:10 am

That is really silly. I thought all travelling fans were entitled to 10% of the home club's stated capacity should they need it? In which case they should have had about 1,650 or so. For a club that so desperately needs money, that seems like a really dumb move.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 9:42 am

Cornish Chris wrote:
That is really silly. I thought all travelling fans were entitled to 10% of the home club's stated capacity should they need it? In which case they should have had about 1,650 or so. For a club that so desperately needs money, that seems like a really dumb move.

It's an absolute joke and it just confounds our tinpot, small-time amateur reputation in recent times under the reluctant one.
Why on earth have they not moved the family area for this one ? duh that frees up at least another 2k seats straight away.
When the gasheads are sitting in the home areas tomorrow the blame lies with PAFC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Bristol Rover Match Thread
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next