VillageGreen
Cornish Chris
AstiSpumante
Tgwu
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage

Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 11:22 pm

Thumbs

Knob
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 11:27 pm

maybe but it does take one to know one. Thumbs

night night
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 11:40 pm

x[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks...And that's you by the way before you start hyperventilating while jabbing your finger at the screen.

Here to help x
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 12:14 am

Punchdrunk wrote:
Seen it already.
And where are the 'hooligans' ?
All I see are a load of kids being chaperoned away from the ground by the old bill.

Yeah, I noticed. I was walking further down Central Park toward Citybus and it was slightly iffy there, that was where the oldie Rovers thugs were chasing the scarfers and the kids.

Bristol Rovers seem to have a problem with middle-aged hooligans as this report says.

A judge has slammed a group of middle-aged football hooligans who took part in a mass brawl, telling them 'you are old enough to know better'.

Seven middle-aged men received suspended prison sentences and banning orders for their part in the violent scenes that erupted between rival supporters of Bristol City and Bristol Rovers.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

At the ages these muppets are, they should get a f...ing grip on it and the judge was right to say they are old enough to know better. Bet their wives or partners were liviid at the time.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 6:46 am

Angry wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:
I spoke to some gas fans before the game they were alloated 1200 tickets which did sell out quickly. They did ask for more but argyle refused I wonder why. Also there were spare seats but I think it was the usual fans wanting to sit together to create a atmophere or more likely to try and goad the stewards. which they did very well

there weren't any spare available till a bright spark at the club probably the police ordered the tarp to be moved across to accomodate the overflow. there were more than 1200 in that stand thats for sure.

Do no one read these threads?

Update

Bristol Rovers can now announce that this weekend's fixture with Plymouth Argyle is now SOLD OUT.

Rovers travel to Home Park on Saturday (19th September) as they attempt to continue their good form away from the Mem.

The club have were allocated a total of 1,590 tickets for the fixture with no tickets being sold on the day.

Everyone attached with the club would like to take this opportunity to thank you Gasheads for your fantastic support on the road again this season

Then why didnt the club open up 1590 seats available to those with the tickets.
The ticket office if under a new manager' Matt had left for pasture new
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 7:20 am

Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:
I spoke to some gas fans before the game they were alloated 1200 tickets which did sell out quickly. They did ask for more but argyle refused I wonder why. Also there were spare seats but I think it was the usual fans wanting to sit together to create a atmophere or more likely to try and goad the stewards. which they did very well

there weren't any spare available till a bright spark at the club probably the police ordered the tarp to be moved across to accomodate the overflow. there were more than 1200 in that stand thats for sure.

Do no one read these threads?

Update

Bristol Rovers can now announce that this weekend's fixture with Plymouth Argyle is now SOLD OUT.

Rovers travel to Home Park on Saturday (19th September) as they attempt to continue their good form away from the Mem.

The club have were allocated a total of 1,590 tickets for the fixture with no tickets being sold on the day.

Everyone attached with the club would like to take this opportunity to thank you Gasheads for your fantastic support on the road again this season

Then why didnt the club open up 1590 seats available to those with the tickets.
The ticket office if under a new manager' Matt had left for pasture new

Ee don't do charidee then ? 'Naaaat a praaaaaaper faaaaan !'

Last edited by Tringreen on Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 7:36 am

Freathy wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Over ten and a half thousand at HP, shirley now Jimmy will let Adams add to the squad?

Ha you must be joking

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
looked more than well over 10k odd from where i was sitting surely jimmys not on the fiddle youve got more chance of seeing peter andre really doing in his shopping in iceland than jimmy showing us the accounts & books lol!
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 7:56 am

Punchdrunk wrote:
x[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks...And that's you by the way before you start hyperventilating while jabbing your finger at the screen.

Here to help x

That's one helluva selfie stick you've got there...impressive.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 8:08 am

Reid was dreadful yesterday personally i think he needs to be dropped didnt want to run lazy and his first touch was a nitemare couldnt trap a bag of cement he is hindering jervis who been on top form lately but yesterday where his being played more wide in favour of Reid upfront..plus lets not forget the absolute sitter Reid missed as well when he went past the keeper then the defender and basically run it out of play instead ..but soon as he went off brunty came on and we scored nearly straight away id go back to playing jervis & brunt up front..plus think jervis has put reids nose slightly out of joint to with the goals his scoring and dont like it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 9:37 am

The extra gas on the steps came about because they bought tickets for Demport and Lyndy then went and sat in the away end, (according to my gas mates who did it themselves) guess it was easier to let them in BP end than make them go to their own seats in our end.
All the fuss about the "trouble" cracks me up, a load of chanting, letting off steam with very little handbags, that isn't trouble.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 9:47 am

Looking down on the away end from the Devonport, the unfolding scene at times looked like mayhem, the obvious conclusion was that there were too many Gassers in the allocated sections, leading to large numbers congregating on the isles.
From what I could see the arguments with the stewards became more heated and I saw a few of them giving full on verbal to both police and stewards and inevitably some pushing and shoving and a few punches.
Must admit it was more entertaining than the game at times.
Disappointing performance overall - personally think Brunt should have replaced Ruben much earlier and his poor performance was down to attitude rather than fitness or injury.
Overall probably a fair result although it was quite enjoyable to look at the phone and see we were top of the league (for a short while).
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 10:07 am

All football hooligans are dickless morons. But there's no more excrutiatingly embarrasing sight than a fat, bald middle aged football hooligan.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 10:10 am

RegGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Over ten and a half thousand at HP, shirley now Jimmy will let Adams add to the squad?

Ha you must be joking

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
looked more than well over 10k odd from where i was sitting surely jimmys not on the fiddle youve got more chance of seeing peter andre really doing in his shopping in iceland than jimmy showing us the accounts & books lol!

I was actually referring to the bit about brent investing, not the crowd size.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 10:26 am

It was my 3rd visit during my brief sojourn back to the UK. Pompey and Newport I saw nothing to greatly move me but yesterday I thought it was two OK teams moving the ball crisply with not a little skill. Both teams suffered from the lower league affliction of being clueless in the final third. With Reid and Jervis we may well be able to improve on that.

The most interesting thing for me was, after several years of watching as a semi interested bystander, I actually connected yesterday and was properly out of my seat when the goal went in What a Face
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 10:35 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
It was my 3rd visit during my brief sojourn back to the UK. Pompey and Newport I saw nothing to greatly move me but yesterday I thought it was two OK teams moving the ball crisply with not a little skill. Both teams suffered from the lower league affliction of being clueless in the final third. With Reid and Jervis we may well be able to improve on that.

The most interesting thing for me was, after several years of watching as a semi interested bystander, I actually connected yesterday and was properly out of my seat when the goal went in What a Face  

Old habits die hard Charlie. The affliction is deep rooted and will resurface once the reluctant one and his jamboys have left the building.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 11:14 am

Charlie Wood wrote:

You'll be buying one of those silly hats next.

I know what you mean though, I couldn't go yesterday but watching soccer special on the tele, I actually jumped up and shouted 'yes' when Jervis scored. Which is something I haven't done in a while, and incidentally, woke up Mrs PP, who was dozing on the settee next to me, with such force that she farted, or 'broke wind' as she calls it. Anyway I digress.

My interest has been awakened sufficiently that I shall try and visit once more before I leave these shores for the winter. Probably the evening game against Barnet.

Proper fan, me. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 2:14 pm

I didn't think Reid was lazy at all. In fact I thought he chased everything, closed down back passes and tried to harry the deeper midfield players as much as he ever has. Nor do I think he looked unfit which is another criticism often aimed at him. That said the ball bounced off him like he was built of breeze blocks for much of the game.

The one thing he did well he fluffed but that, I think, is because the chance fell to his left foot and given the problems he was having with the rest of his body he thought better of trying his luck with his left peg and the moment was lost.

Nobody has mentioned the fantastic save by the Rovers goalie in the first half either. Luke's save was brilliant but I thought the Rovers one was better.

Lots of bookings too. It seemed like everybody in green saw yellow yesterday.

What would have happened if Luke had needed stitches before the penalty was taken? Would we have been forced, havubg already used our 3 subs, to put an outfielder in goal?

Cox. I thought he was excellent when he came on. Almost faultless apart from one horrfically awful pass that instantly and unfairly got the crowd on his back.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 7:45 pm

I was a tad peed when Rovers got that penalty, if only Argyle had just held on for a few minutes more (before said penalty), we could have been top of League Two today.

I thought Rovers were a good-ish side (nothing that special mind), we on the other hand did have an off day. On well, back to the office next week at Mansfield Town.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 8:27 pm

Fair few saying that Luke should have got a red card - and I imagine thats what the Brizzle player was saying to the ref while Luke was laying injured. Having watched it again on the highlights I think the ref made a very good decision to yellow card as Sawyer had run in behind Luke and with Sawyer there it wasn't a clear goal scoring chance. Phew!!!!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 8:53 pm

I see there is another video on YouTube regarding the grandad Rovers mob, it was filmed by a Rovers 'old fart' who takes delight in seeing scarfers and little kids running from the geriatric brigade who call themselves Bristol Rovers fans.

Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 3:37 pm

Could be the team I ran into, got a link Village ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rover Match Thread   Bristol Rover Match Thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bristol Rover Match Thread
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5