Czarcasm
Tgwu
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

Torquay  food and match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 5:21 am

Saying that fish n chips is just what it says on the tin and doesn't really matter where they are from , is simply wrong angrybloke.

Listening to a crappy friendly on Argyle World, whilst consuming frozen Youngs fish n chips, is about as basic as it gets.

You need to get out more and broaden your horizons.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 6:32 am

First time the family will have watch the team this season, looking forward to see the new players and put a little bit of money into Torquay coffers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 6:50 am

i used to like watching the odd game at Torquay when i lived there.
A great little club and a great pub by the ground (The Union) which was run by a Brizzle Rovers supporter.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 8:11 am

Tgwu wrote:
First  time the family will have watch the team this season,  looking forward to see the new players and put a little bit of  money into Torquay coffers.

Go to Hanburys first, TG. If the queue is too big, then Drakes on the main rd is still very good. Spent many a summer evening up on Babbacombe Downs with fish n chips. It's the only part of Torbay that seems to be a relatively Scouser-free zone!
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 8:36 am

Used to like going this fixture each pre season we used to make a long day of it used to use the boozer by the clock tower just up the hill a bit from witherspoons but cant remember the name of the pub now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 8:44 am

tigertony wrote:
No room for sympathy or favours. The fact that our country is broke and yet our government continue to send cash to all and sundry does not mean our footy club should do the same. IF our club had spare cash then there are far better ways of using it. Bus shelters in Swilly come to mind.

Congratulations thats probably the most ignorant thing I'll read on here all day. 1. The country isnt broke, not even close. 2 It doesnt send cash to 'all and sundry' you'll need to explain that bit better. 3 It was a decent act by Exeter, the fact that there is bugger all chance of us doing the same is irrelavant.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 9:24 am

George Osborne as Chancellor has borrowed more money than every other Chancellor ever added together (that's a fact not an opinion) so if we aren't yet broke we soon will be (that's an opinion not a fact).

BTW Drake's, obvs.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 9:39 am

It's been very peaceful here lately with the political agitators taking a very welcome summer break(that's a fact, not an opinion). It's been a breath of fresh air(that's an opinion, not a fact)
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 9:46 am

Don't blame me.

1) I didn't vote for the cnuts.
2) Tiger Tony started it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 10:47 am

Tringreen wrote:
Saying that fish n chips is just what it says on the tin and doesn't really matter where they are from , is simply wrong angrybloke.

Listening to a crappy friendly on Argyle World, whilst consuming frozen Youngs fish n chips, is about as basic as it gets.

Is the same battered fish and chips meal at the end of the day whether you buy yours from one shop or the other.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 1:50 pm

Osbourne has had to borrow mahoosively largely due to Gordon Browns fuckwittery. But that's enough dull political talk.

Drakes over Hanburys Franny? I see the obvious link, but on quality of product, I'll raise you an eyebrow... raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 1:56 pm

Angry wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Is the same battered fish and chips meal at the end of the day whether you buy yours from one shop or the other.

Saying that one fish and chip shop's fayre is of the same standard as any other, is a bit like saying that watching Argiggle is the same experience as Arsenal at the Emirates, if you want to enjoy a feast of football.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 2:16 pm

...oh, and Angry obviously has a palate like a cows arse.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 2:18 pm

Chris Errington ‏@ChrisErrington1
According to @TUFC1899 kick-off against @Only1Argyle tonight is 7.45pm, not 7.30pm

Off to HP to pick grandson up, will pick ST up as well then a slow drive to Torquay dropping off in Paignton for the boy to have a run around.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 2:27 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
...oh, and Angry obviously has a palate like a cows arse.  

if you say so
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 5:25 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Osbourne has had to borrow mahoosively largely due to Gordon Browns fuckwittery. But that's enough dull political talk.

Drakes over Hanburys Franny? I see the obvious link, but on quality of product, I'll raise you an eyebrow... raised eyebrow

I was guessing to be honest never having sampled either.

As for Gordon Brown... Every spending plan he had was supported by Osborne and Cameron in opposition. Labour, according to every significant financial institution from the IMF all the way through to the BofE, did not overspend relative to the economy at the time. There was a lack of regulation in GB's "light touch" world which was simply a continuation of Thatcher's Big Bang and had been followed in essence by every Chancellor up to that point - although to be fair Cameron and Osborne actively campaigned for less regulation.

What actually happened was that income collapsed due to the world wide financial horlicks which originated in the US sub-prime market under free marketeer GB Jnr who was forced to nationalise the entire US car industry to prevent that going tits up as well. GB did not crash Lehmans, Iceland, AIG, Northern Rock, HBoS, Freddy Mac, Fanny Mae or any of the others that went tits up. It's plain misleading to suggest he did.

The truth is that austerity is self-defeating and that cutting public expenditure when the private sector is so weak is a cast-iron recipe for economic disaster. Enter Osborne and his lamentable long term economic plan. We are into the second term of a government that is politically very astute but in terms of economics barely literate.

Still as I said earlier don't blame me - I didn't vote for any of the governments concerned.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 5:36 pm

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

I'm looking forward to the brief synopsis on the fish and chip situation T&G, be sure to keep us posted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 7:07 pm

curry sauce please
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 7:46 pm

garlic mato with chips is the best
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 7:54 pm

Listerning to the game on Argyle world it is the worse football commentry ive ever heard..good job its free 2nite..theres no way i would pay £40 a year for that bollox sounds like the commentater is on prozac and the connenction is crap..more money in jimmys pension pot...money for old rope
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 8:09 pm

Any news yet on what matters ? on the chips front. I'm thinking of buying a year's chips in advance with a season ticket, so obviously I'd like to know if the Torquay chips are where it's at. C'mon Tg, spill the beans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 8:09 pm

feck me this like listening to the shipping forecast this comms its that boring. i'm giving it a miss ill be a sleep before too long.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 8:15 pm

OMG what a load of crap. The comms are just typical argyle So village.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 8:16 pm

Just bbq'd some of our last piggy, bleddy, yummy....what's the score?
The food we ate was neither modrate or poor, just occasionally rough. farts veering later, generally in the west Smile
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 8:19 pm

Bore draw so far..and thats just the commentater..haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Torquay food and match thread
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next