AstiSpumante
Czarcasm
Tgwu
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
MikeWN

Torquay  food and match thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 8:35 am

The chips are what make it. Floppy chips are wrong'uns. Also, why can't I quote other posts when on my phone? SORDIDOWT STURROCK! (May be a little behind the times on that one.)
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 8:46 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Judging from last nights reports and a lack of interest from other clubs, Luke Youngs future seems to be firmly entrenched in non-league football. Shame really.
you must have heard that wrong czarcasm his the prapppppppper jannnner ronaldo that bhey lol!
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 9:07 am

Nice jumbotron scoreboard. Wonder how they finance that? Might they want to flog it to PAFCthrough pbay?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 9:07 am

tigertony wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
tigertony wrote:
No room for sympathy or favours. The fact that our country is broke and yet our government continue to send cash to all and sundry does not mean our footy club should do the same. IF our club had spare cash then there are far better ways of using it. Bus shelters in Swilly come to mind.

Congratulations thats probably the most ignorant thing I'll read on here all day. 1. The country isnt broke, not even close. 2 It doesnt send cash to 'all and sundry' you'll need to explain that bit better. 3 It was a decent act by Exeter, the fact that there is bugger all chance of us doing the same is irrelavant.
tumbleweed  Whoooooooooshhh
I don't often get congratulations so thank you. Think the last time was Graiser when I pitched up with donuts for his workforce in order to get them moving. Broke? How much do we owe?
Foreign aid totals about £12 billion. That includes India who are number 2 in the arms buying league.
£12 billion!! How would you feel if one of your kids or you lost your job in the civil service (facing 40% cuts) when that sum is on the outbound flight.
Exeter don't do decent acts although their comedy performance at home against us was a comical act.
Oh well - back to Corrie.

Wow you really are ignorant.

Foreign Aid is another method of shovelling tax payers money into multinational corporations. Why do you think David Cameron is so desperate to bomb Syria? Who supplies those arms?

I don't think any of this is right either but using it as a stick to beat Exeter with for what I thought was a decent act is utterly stupid and once again cringeingly unfunny.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 9:21 am

RegGreen wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Judging from last nights reports and a lack of interest from other clubs, Luke Youngs future seems to be firmly entrenched in non-league football. Shame really.
you must have heard that wrong czarcasm his the prapppppppper jannnner ronaldo that bhey lol!

Not looking good for Ben or Tyler at the moment either. Maybe a wake up call to those who consistently slated the previous manager for "not giving our lads a chance" [which in fact he did anyway] and "ruining their confidence " or some other such emotional shite and start to address the real issue, namely why aren't Argyle producing players of adequate quality from the youth system and keeping them.
Back to top Go down
Reddishgreen

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 9:55 am

Fish & chips = Start Bay Inn. Great beer is a bonus
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 10:02 am

A little off course for the Torquay game RG

In fact, sod the game, just stay in the pub by the sea Smile

Last edited by FY 310 on Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stephensdad

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 10:02 am

Interestingly on the farm they are having a debate on the best back line. Maybe just maybe, Sheridan wasn't the mug they made him out to be.
We always looked best defensively with the back three. The midfield and wing backs were always the weakness. I have a feeling that on a very Brent like budget Adams is trying to change to much to quickly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 10:06 am

Greenskin wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Not looking good for Ben or Tyler at the moment either. Maybe a wake up call to those who consistently slated the previous manager for "not giving our lads a chance" [which in fact he did anyway] and "ruining their confidence " or some other such emotional shite and start to address the real issue, namely why aren't Argyle producing players of adequate quality from the youth system and keeping them.

I think Ben would benefit greatly from a loan away from the club untill January at another L2 club preferably or a conference club minimum. He needs to play to keep developing and i dont think at the moment he is in a position to challenge Sawyer at Left back.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 12:43 pm

Greenskin wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

for a start greenskin a owner that dont give a crap about the youth wont invest in it hence theres no money to employ decent coaches plus the big one for me is the scouting system no money to employ scouts countrywide plus when a decent kid is lucky just break through then uncle jim flogs em..so what chance you got none at all
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 1:03 pm

Most of our decent youngsters get nabbed way before they are ready for the 1st team.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 1:33 pm

Exactly..the point i was making .HW
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 2:02 pm

The fine gentleman is not here for the long haul, so why should he worry about investing in youth ? He just want to make money out of the club, via his jamboys and the Aviva faithful. If he could box the club in, profit personally from the units, he would and his jamboys would thank him for it..........................as long as they continue to play with the village train set...............and get to build a lighthouse somewhere...........geddon janner.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 6:10 pm

Sat in the Bristow Bench last night for the first time in the sunshine - nice views over the Moors and Haytor. The Launa Windows Stadium looked good, pitch nice and green and good turn out. Game was shite for 90mins, the mainly due to the pitch being soaked I would suggest.
Difficult to see how either manager could take much from this game but the psychology for players is completely different to playing a friendly.
It was evident we actually have some good players - so up to Derek and the team - I wait expectantly alongside the rest of the faithfull desperately waiting for success.
Onwards and Upwards as someone used to say. Basketball cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 7:02 pm

launa windows stadium???
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 7:15 pm

That is the new name I kid you not! obviously will still be known as Plainmoor or Plainmorgue as we say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 7:24 pm

akagreengull wrote:
That is the new name I kid you not! obviously will still be known as Plainmoor or Plainmorgue as we say.

your right. the day will come when Home Park will have its name changed to something stupid too all for sponsorship money.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 8:08 pm

Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

your right. the day will come when Home Park will have its name changed to something stupid too all for sponsorship money.

Maybe to "The Aviva Stadium"
popcorn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 8:31 pm

Angry, with respect, I think you're being a bit corny. I don't think Home Park will ever have the allure and marketability to rename itself. Nor will the Civic Centre, or the local job centre. It's like me putting up my own home. I'm presently Number 10, or maybe I'm presently the Laurels. Make me an offer and  I'll tell the postoffice royal mailgreen parcel machine/whoever to deliver to "The home of light". Gotta be worth a few quid ?
Home Park's only game in town in today's non manufacturing/property wheeze driven non sustainable culture is putting some form of residential dwellings in the park. That's it, full stop. Can't wait for Plan B to show itself. Maybe Brenty boy reckons he can get his bit of the park classified as a brown field site. Nool, his main online gofer, opportunist and apologist, already thinks HHP is not part of Central Park. What is it then, part of The Hoe ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 8:55 pm

John Hawkins wrote:
Angry, with respect, I think you're being a bit corny. I don't think Home Park will ever have the allure and marketability to rename itself. Nor will the Civic Centre, or the local job centre. It's like me putting up my own home. I'm presently Number 10, or maybe I'm presently the Laurels. Make me an offer and  I'll tell the postoffice royal mailgreen parcel machine/whoever to deliver to "The home of light". Gotta be worth a few quid ?
Home Park's only game in town in today's non manufacturing/property wheeze driven non sustainable culture is putting some form of residential dwellings in the park. That's it, full stop. Can't wait for Plan B to show itself. Maybe Brenty boy reckons he can get his bit of the park classified as a brown field site. Nool, his main online gofer, opportunist and apologist, already thinks HHP is not part of Central Park. What is it then, part of The Hoe ?

if tampax offered brent money to sponsor the stadium then home park will officially become the tampax stadium whether fans and media refer to it as that or not.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 9:57 pm

TINA

The Ian Newell Arena
Back to top Go down
Foxy

Foxy

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 10:07 pm

That's got a nice Ring to it!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 10:17 pm

Forget the spurious stadium naming nonsense, anybody remember Brent's promise to "reimburse" the so called green taverners with an Argyle community related asset, pound for pound ? He said it quite clearly and I actually believe he meant it, so that brings up some interesting issues.

Must be up to a lot of money so far, maybe as much as Wrathall, especially as even more AFT money has just gone yet again into the club's melting pot under the GT banner.
One could be forgiven in thinking that if any "Argyle fan organisation" had financial clout within the orbit of the football club, and into the future, it would be the green taverners thing. The fans, under the gt bucket rattling, must have donated hundreds of thousands by now. How come all the GT monies are guaranteed to be returned, but the same doesn't apply to the AFT ?  
So here's the question . What's the difference between the "taverners" and the AFT ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 10:48 pm

Angry wrote:
John Hawkins wrote:

if tampax offered brent money to sponsor the stadium then home park will officially become the tampax stadium whether fans and media refer to it as that or not.

With the number of cnuts that pack out the Directors box, that's not a bad shout for a name.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 10:51 pm

John Hawkins wrote:
Forget the spurious stadium naming nonsense, anybody remember Brent's promise to "reimburse" the so called green taverners with an Argyle community related asset, pound for pound ? He said it quite clearly and I actually believe he meant it, so that brings up some interesting issues.

Must be up to a lot of money so far, maybe as much as Wrathall, especially as even more AFT money has just gone yet again into the club's melting pot under the GT banner.
One could be forgiven in thinking that if any "Argyle fan organisation" had financial clout within the orbit of the football club, and into the future, it would be the green taverners thing. The fans, under the gt bucket rattling, must have donated hundreds of thousands by now. How come all the GT monies are guaranteed to be returned, but the same doesn't apply to the AFT ?  
So here's the question . What's the difference between the "taverners" and the AFT ?

The Taverners stumped up a mass of cash for the staff's back pay so Brent didn't have to. The AFT (used to) ask difficult questions of the fine gentleman.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Torquay food and match thread
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next