Czarcasm
Tgwu
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Torquay  food and match thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 2:38 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
It the way it cooked and prepared, what oil/fat, batter and potatoes used, if it cooked fresh.

Two shops together

Harbour side and Barbican fish shops you try both and see (taste) the different.

Best one for me in Plymouth  Perillas
Benbow street chippy off albert road aint to bad

In my younger days (45 years ago) we used them, A large chip feed all the family.
It still does today portions are still massive

Used that chippy a few times when I was working in the docky, jeez the portions were huge, made you feel sleepy all afternoon [just right for we dockies, some might say Wink ].Nice to know that it still has that reputation, may try it one day if in the Devonport area.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 4:25 pm

Fancy having a large portion of chips from Benbow along with a giant pastie from old Rons
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 4:26 pm

You get a lot of Panga in Spain. Not the nicest fish I've ever tasted.

Anyway,on a different matter, I see Exeter are waiving their right to their share of the gate money when they play Torquay in a friendly, to help them out in their financial struggles.

Would be a nice gesture if PAFC did the same. I wonder if they will?
Back to top Go down
Foxy

Foxy

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 4:31 pm

I'm sure Brent will do the same Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 4:33 pm

Foxy, any chance your lot can let him have some paint
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 4:58 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
You get a lot of Panga in Spain. Not the nicest fish I've ever tasted.

Anyway,on a different matter, I see Exeter are waiving their right to their share of the gate money when they play Torquay in a friendly, to help them out in their financial struggles.

Would be a nice gesture if PAFC did the same. I wonder if they will?

we are paying their rent on their training ground they are getting more than enough handouts from us.
Back to top Go down
Foxy

Foxy

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 5:00 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
Foxy, any chance your lot can let him have some paint

Over his head in November maybe Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 5:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

tomorrow night's game is free to listen too on argyle world if you fancy it. you could dig deep into your freezers and find some youngs fish and some chips to cook to join with experience Smile

Last edited by Angry on Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : its tomorrow)
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 5:59 pm

Tonight Angry?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 6:01 pm

correction tomorrow night.

so you have time to nip to asda if there is nothing in the freezer.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 6:12 pm

It the grandson choice for a fish supper and he would like to sit on the sea front, Babbacombe cliff over looking Lyme Bay is the favorite.

Hanbury's or Drakes?

Last edited by Tgwu on Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 6:34 pm

'Mariners' is good for chish and fhips.
Back to top Go down
KelShacks

KelShacks

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 7:04 pm

I doubt very much Jimmy's bucket rattlers will raise money for Exeter. They are too busy trying to raise money for the youth team and kits for the staff aren't they ? We will probably have more chance of seeing the Grandstand rebuilt guys lol
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 7:24 pm

It's not for Exeter Kelshacks. It's Exeter helping out Torquay by allowing Torquay to keep Exeter's share of the gate money.
Surely the fine gentleman will do the same won't he ? Laughing
Back to top Go down
KelShacks

KelShacks

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 7:27 pm

Yea my mistake, I meant Torquay sorry. And yes, it would be the decent honourable thing to do, but since when does Jimmy do anything decent and honourable ?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 7:42 pm

KelShacks wrote:
Yea my mistake, I meant Torquay sorry. And yes, it would be the decent honourable thing to do, but since when does Jimmy do anything decent and honourable ?
Never does the right thing will give em jack shit..lets no forget he 20k he charged a charity for shirt naming shocking
Back to top Go down
KelShacks

KelShacks

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 7:52 pm

RegGreen wrote:
KelShacks wrote:
 Never does the right thing will give em jack shit..lets no forget he 20k he charged a charity for shirt naming shocking

Yeah how disgraceful was that ? I wonder how much he pocketed from the university for having their names on the shirts this season eh ? Why doesnt Jimmy just donate that to Torquay ? You can bet your a$$ that was a six figure sum straight in Jimmys back pocket sarcasm
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 8:01 pm

KelShacks wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
KelShacks wrote:

Yeah how disgraceful was that ? I wonder how much he pocketed from the university for having their names on the shirts this season eh ? Why doesnt Jimmy just donate that to Torquay ? You can bet your a$$ that was a six figure sum straight in Jimmys back pocket sarcasm

Five figures, probably.....Six figures, not a chance.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 8:15 pm

Lets be honest, Jimmy likes a free donation ( Ground Maintenance Youth team etc) i'm sure he could help out Torquay in their hour of need with a short term loan at favourable rates.sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 8:17 pm

KelShacks wrote:

i'll say again we are paying torquats rent on their training ground we have been nice enough. we are skint too.
Back to top Go down
Foxy

Foxy

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 8:47 pm

Angry wrote:
KelShacks wrote:

i'll say again we are paying torquats rent on their training ground we have been nice enough. we are skint too.

Come on Angry dig deep Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 8:52 pm

Foxy wrote:
Angry wrote:
KelShacks wrote:

Come on Angry dig deep Very Happy

lol not today Argyle are totally skint themselves and rely heavily on handouts so we cant afford to split the match gate let alone give it all on top of monthly rent too Torquay.

sad but true
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 9:19 pm

No room for sympathy or favours. The fact that our country is broke and yet our government continue to send cash to all and sundry does not mean our footy club should do the same. IF our club had spare cash then there are far better ways of using it. Bus shelters in Swilly come to mind.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 9:57 pm

tigertony wrote:
No room for sympathy or favours. The fact that our country is broke and yet our government continue to send cash to all and sundry does not mean our footy club should do the same. IF our club had spare cash then there are far better ways of using it. Bus shelters in Swilly come to mind.

Is that the way increase the population of Plymouth? Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 1:00 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
tigertony wrote:

Is that the way increase the population of Plymouth? Very Happy
Quite the opposite young man. Bus shelters are what Swilly gals and beh's use for protection laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Torquay food and match thread   Torquay  food and match thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Torquay food and match thread
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next