Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Torquay UTD (not a match thread or food for that matter)

Go down 
+4
akagreengull
Rickler
RegGreen
sufferedsince 68
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Torquay UTD (not a match thread  or food for that matter) Empty
PostSubject: Torquay UTD (not a match thread or food for that matter)   Torquay UTD (not a match thread  or food for that matter) EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 6:50 pm

Players Fund

from the link wrote:
A message from the Chief Executive...
THE NEW Board of Directors' recent takeover of our beloved club has ensured that there will be football at The Launa Windows Stadium, Plainmoor for the 2015/16 season and, hopefully, for many more to come.

During their short tenure, the Ladies and Gentleman of the Board have had to make some hard decisions to ensure that Torquay United can move forward.

When they made the decision to appoint Paul Cox, they were honest and open and left Paul under no illusion that his playing budget would be greatly reduced from the previous year.

The new Gaffer knew that he would have to work hard to attract the right player; with his reduced budget this would make his work much harder. However, with his team, of John Ramshaw and Dean Edwards, he has signed some quality and enthusiastic players. Conversely, with such a reduced budget he still needs to bring in one or two more players to build a squad that will be able to sustain our position in The National League and hopefully kick on towards the ultimate goal of promotion back to The Football League.

To this end we are turning to you, our loyal supporters, who have endured heartache and happiness over the years. We are now launching a ‘Player Fund’ to assist Paul as he searches for the right players to build his squad.

So how will the ‘Players Fund’ work?

We are asking for donations from anyone that can afford to donate money on a regular monthly basis or even a one-off donation. This money will be earmarked to go towards the cost of a player, or players, weekly wage(s).

So how can you donate?

There are a number of ways to make a donation:

1. Transfer money by BACS direct from your account to ours (Account details below).
2. Standing Order. Set up a standing order with your bank using the account details below. We can supply the standing order forms and send to your bank for you. You can complete this by calling into reception.
3. Credit/Debit card. You can ring the club or come into reception and give your card details.
Cheque. Make your cheque payable to ‘Torquay United FC’ and post or drop it off at the club. 4.

The account details are: Account Number 29193860, Sort Code 30-88-04. Please use your name as the reference.

The Board of Directors will assure you that all monies received through this scheme will be used purely to assist Paul Cox in building his squad. The aim is to raise £500 per week to help Paul build a squad we can support and be proud of.

Please note that all monies donated are non-refundable. The choice of player(s) will be that of the clubs management team.

The Ladies and Gentleman of the Board have shown their faith in this club, now they are asking you to stand with them and show some extraordinary support.

Your manager needs you!

Stephen Breed
Chief Executive Officer

How long before the reluctant one does something like this?

Also who is stupid enough to put the clubs account numbers on an website!!!!!

Last edited by Angry on Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay UTD (not a match thread or food for that matter)   Torquay UTD (not a match thread  or food for that matter) EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 6:53 pm

getting my bucket ready now jocolor geek jocolor geek #stripesareshitebutlilacisace
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Torquay UTD (not a match thread or food for that matter)   Torquay UTD (not a match thread  or food for that matter) EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 7:07 pm

Who's going to jump on the Bandwagon first? I see it as a photo finish between Noolotti, Just giving to Jim, or The Argyle Trust just giving to Jim.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay UTD (not a match thread or food for that matter)   Torquay UTD (not a match thread  or food for that matter) EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 7:48 pm

leave Bandwagon out of it, he's ok. Smile
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Torquay UTD (not a match thread or food for that matter)   Torquay UTD (not a match thread  or food for that matter) EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 8:02 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
leave Bandwagon out of it, he's ok. Smile

cheerscheerscheerscheerslol!
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Torquay UTD (not a match thread or food for that matter)   Torquay UTD (not a match thread  or food for that matter) EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 4:27 am

Oh dear ..oh dear its just gunna get worse this bum licking bucket rattling nonsense for uncle jim..the only surprise is the reluctant one didnt think of it first..
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Torquay UTD (not a match thread or food for that matter)   Torquay UTD (not a match thread  or food for that matter) EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 5:25 am

Yer right about that Reg Green, it's already started here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

GreenRhino on Pasoti wrote:

At the risk of going on and on about this (heaven forbid) would it be rocket science to ask that the Fans' Trust picks this up and runs with it? This is so central to your mandate...
Martyn Starnes was good enough to call me about this the other day and point out that maintenance funds are very very limited at least - the club is dependent upon the goodwill of supporters and local traders for these to be done. The repainted gates are a great example of what can be done when there is co-operation like this.
So, could the Trust meet with Martyn Starnes ASAP, and jointly make a list of the little but hugely important maintenance tasks that need to be done and co-ordinate with the club on how to get them done. I know that loads of local businesses do things for free/to get a mention in the programme, or to get some match tickets.
If a list of tasks could be assembled, some tradespeople identified and requested for help, some fans with a bit of time of their hands who want to help asked, then this can be done.
For example, if people were asked to come in and clean the name bricks, or to cut through the undergrowth of Bobby's Garden, then maybe some of the players/the Manager could come and say hello, give autographs, pose for selfies etc.
This is a club not just a team...
Come on Bob and your AFT Board - this is a really low hanging piece of fruit to get the AFT teeth into...

Greenwelly on Pasoti wades in... Obviously not knowing what Professionalism really means as he is totally advocating charity from amateurs wrote:

Thoroughly agree with the sentiments and aspirations behind this thread. Let's be smart, let's show professionalism here at HP. Let's not give anybody the idea that we are a run-down club. We are certainly not that. Let's be proud of our club and everything it and we stand for. Am not a Plymouth resident, but would be happy to come down to do a shift if needed. My thanks and gratitude to everyone who has given time and effort to show us at our best. Let's all get behind the club in what I hope will be an exciting season ahead.

ArgyleDad on Pasoti's in his total obvious unquestioning capitulation wrote wrote:

Many thanks for your positive comments Green Rhino. It's good to see that the abuse received by the AFT in certain quarters has transmuted into generally positive comments on the completion of this project which we initiated. I have a monthly meeting with Martyn Starnes, with the next one on Friday next week. I will discuss the ideas raised.  

Maybe you could discuss why all this is happening in the first place?
I still don't see an answer as to why Starnes turned down the AFT's offer of free professional help in favour of volunteers from the University?

To those who say why does it matter? It provides a clue to the mindset of those running our club.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Torquay UTD (not a match thread or food for that matter)   Torquay UTD (not a match thread  or food for that matter) EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 9:12 am

Looks like when I go to the next home game I will need to wear some overalls and bring a paintbrush.
That's the spirit! elephant
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Torquay UTD (not a match thread or food for that matter)   Torquay UTD (not a match thread  or food for that matter) EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 10:10 am

akagreengull wrote:
Looks like when I go to the next home game I will need to wear some overalls and bring a paintbrush.
That's the spirit! elephant

As long it is white  Basketball
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay UTD (not a match thread or food for that matter)   Torquay UTD (not a match thread  or food for that matter) EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 10:12 am

Rickler wrote:
Yer right about that Reg Green, it's already started here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

GreenRhino on Pasoti wrote:

At the risk of going on and on about this (heaven forbid) would it be rocket science to ask that the Fans' Trust picks this up and runs with it? This is so central to your mandate...
Martyn Starnes was good enough to call me about this the other day and point out that maintenance funds are very very limited at least - the club is dependent upon the goodwill of supporters and local traders for these to be done. The repainted gates are a great example of what can be done when there is co-operation like this.
So, could the Trust meet with Martyn Starnes ASAP, and jointly make a list of the little but hugely important maintenance tasks that need to be done and co-ordinate with the club on how to get them done. I know that loads of local businesses do things for free/to get a mention in the programme, or to get some match tickets.
If a list of tasks could be assembled, some tradespeople identified and requested for help, some fans with a bit of time of their hands who want to help asked, then this can be done.
For example, if people were asked to come in and clean the name bricks, or to cut through the undergrowth of Bobby's Garden, then maybe some of the players/the Manager could come and say hello, give autographs, pose for selfies etc.
This is a club not just a team...
Come on Bob and your AFT Board - this is a really low hanging piece of fruit to get the AFT teeth into...

Greenwelly on Pasoti wades in... Obviously not knowing what Professionalism really means as he is totally advocating charity from amateurs wrote:

Thoroughly agree with the sentiments and aspirations behind this thread. Let's be smart, let's show professionalism here at HP. Let's not give anybody the idea that we are a run-down club. We are certainly not that. Let's be proud of our club and everything it and we stand for. Am not a Plymouth resident, but would be happy to come down to do a shift if needed. My thanks and gratitude to everyone who has given time and effort to show us at our best. Let's all get behind the club in what I hope will be an exciting season ahead.

ArgyleDad on Pasoti's in his total obvious unquestioning capitulation wrote wrote:

Many thanks for your positive comments Green Rhino. It's good to see that the abuse received by the AFT in certain quarters has transmuted into generally positive comments on the completion of this project which we initiated. I have a monthly meeting with Martyn Starnes, with the next one on Friday next week. I will discuss the ideas raised.  

Maybe you could discuss why all this is happening in the first place?
I still don't see an answer as to why Starnes turned down the AFT's offer of free professional help in favour of volunteers from the University?  

To those who say why does it matter?  It provides a clue to the mindset of those running our club.

and what is the mindset of who ever is runnig the trust to bale out a reluctant one when he wont pay for anything concerning the club?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Torquay UTD (not a match thread or food for that matter)   Torquay UTD (not a match thread  or food for that matter) EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 10:49 am

And why is Starnes ringing Green Rhino and pleading poverty, who is he? The running of the club is a tinpot embarrassment.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Torquay UTD (not a match thread or food for that matter)   Torquay UTD (not a match thread  or food for that matter) EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 11:10 am

Les Miserable wrote:
And why is Starnes ringing Green Rhino and pleading poverty, who is he? The running of the club is a tinpot embarrassment.
Certainly is - but it gives the sheep on the farm an increased sense of a call to arms to help Argyle and a boost to certain individuals self importance.
pig
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Torquay UTD (not a match thread or food for that matter)   Torquay UTD (not a match thread  or food for that matter) EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 12:37 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
couldnt have put it better myself les proper tinpot..who is green Rhino..by the sound of it another blind bum licking aviva of uncle jim
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Torquay UTD (not a match thread or food for that matter)   Torquay UTD (not a match thread  or food for that matter) EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 12:50 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
couldnt have put it better myself les proper tinpot..who is green Rhino..by the sound of it another blind bum licking aviva of uncle jim

He's something to do with the cornish supporters branch and a decent fella from what I hear. When I said who is he I meant who is he to have the ear of Starnes regarding the clubs/Brent's inability to pay for fcuk all, not even a tin of paint or some weedkiller, unless of course he's better connected than I'm aware of?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay UTD (not a match thread or food for that matter)   Torquay UTD (not a match thread  or food for that matter) EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 1:39 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

He's something to do with the cornish supporters branch and a decent fella from what I hear. When I said who is he I meant who is he to have the ear of Starnes regarding the clubs/Brent's inability to pay for fcuk all, not even a tin of paint or some weedkiller, unless of course he's better connected than I'm aware of?

YET WE SOMEHOW HAVE THE MONEY TO PPAY TORQUAYS RENT ON THEIR TRAINING GROUND :s
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay UTD (not a match thread or food for that matter)   Torquay UTD (not a match thread  or food for that matter) EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 1:40 pm

didnt mean to write that in cas fwiw but dam it perhaps that point can finally sink it with visiting farm readers.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Torquay UTD (not a match thread or food for that matter)   Torquay UTD (not a match thread  or food for that matter) EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 2:18 pm

Quote :
Martyn Starnes was good enough to call me about this the other day and point out that maintenance funds are very very limited at least - the club is dependent upon the goodwill of supporters and local traders for these to be done

Why?

Where is our money going?

Could it be that Brent is screwing every single last penny he can out of the club? It certainly looks more and more like that with every snippet that emerges.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Torquay UTD (not a match thread or food for that matter)   Torquay UTD (not a match thread  or food for that matter) EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 4:17 pm

Probably.
Add to that, he like all his Tory mates get off on "Austerity". He probably feels humbled by IDS and wants to do his bit to put the country's grass roots on meagre rations, including the football clubs. It won't include the Rugby Union industry though, 'cos that's favoured by the Brent sort and our boys fighting tooth and nail with shepherds.
And without transparency to contradict it, who's to say he is now not paying a good 300K pa in interest to keep Todd, gardener etc happy. As far as published, their long term loan notes for millions carry the right to charge interest. Now let me think, would the like of those two fine gentlemen and their assortment of mates want to call on that interest ?
Guys like Brent love "us" to pay off our debts, while they themselves keep racking them up elsewhere in the name of business. Their businesses are leveraged all the way to Pluto. Thanks to the very fine space effort, this sort of behaviour is now scientifically viewable with the right sort of mega software, where anything and everything is an undisputed fact.
One more thing re the Torquay training ground. I would imagine any blurring of boundaries between football and "students/young people" has to be a good thing for Brent as he sets about plan B for our park. Wouldn't he just love student accomodation. If only he were somehow connected to the University and their funding.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Torquay UTD (not a match thread or food for that matter)   Torquay UTD (not a match thread  or food for that matter) EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 6:05 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Certainly is - but it gives the sheep on the farm an increased sense of a call to arms to help Argyle and a boost to certain individuals self importance.
pig

Let's face it, whilst ATD is closing the gap on post count Pasoti is still the most popular forum. If I was Starnes I would be actively "managing" public opinion via that website if I could. A telephone call which pitches the club's message and leaves the recipient dripping with gratitude is a free and easy action to undertake.

It would be easier of course if he had direct communication with the mods and owners who could do the job for him without him having to grubby himself by ringing normal people. The only issue is that those mods and owners would have to unquestionably back the governance of the club and given that the club is not even undertaking basic maintenance I can't see that happening.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Torquay UTD (not a match thread or food for that matter)   Torquay UTD (not a match thread  or food for that matter) Empty

Back to top Go down

Torquay UTD (not a match thread or food for that matter)
Page 1 of 1