VillageGreen
Elias
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread    Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 7:04 pm

Making the play-offs would be nice, but whoever gets the 7th spot, be it us, Luton or Newport; we're all in such shite form (unless Luton have turned the corner) that I can't see any of us getting past Southend or Bury over two legs.

This league is so fckin depressing.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread    Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 7:24 pm

Greenskin wrote:
SwimWithTheTide wrote:
Its a shame he didn't do what Pulis did with Palace, and part company with Argyle and expose the owner for the cheapskate he is - although with Pardew doing absolutely fantastic with that team now its a bit of a backfire.

Regardless, it seemed common consensus that Hartley is a leader, McCormick is a leader, Nelse, McHugh, O'Connor, Cox all have been praised for some point for leadership. However, Sheridan isn't getting answers from these guys, I don't understand? I don't understand where these players are at mentally, especially now Harbin is back and supposedly his impact for the players he coaches is terrific with regards to their mentality - yet we're still drooping heads, lacking commitment, just all round being a bit shit and low on confidence. This was probably epitomised by Reuben make a desperate dive for a penalty in which he was booked, totally uncharacteristic of him yet he must have felt compelled to try it. A lack of belief that he could achieve a goal, or that his teammates will create the opportunity he requires and so he cheats. Very disheartening.

You can have all the leaders that you want but if a team has insufficient goal power throughout, then they will be leading down blind alleys forever more. Reid and Alessandra dry up, nothing to back it up, it's as simple as that and has been throughout the season. Too much pressure on the front and back departments of the team and even the once near impregnable rearguard is now beginning to crack.

Pulis turned Palace over today BTW-how very like him!

Indeed, Pulis is a genius and wasn't going to set himself up for failure. In fairness he was right, Palace went cheap and brought in Warnock - what a failure that was and so they had to play a wild card for survival, but the team hasn't changed that greatly and Pardew is doing incredibly well with what is still very much the squad inherit from Pulis.

I get your point about the credentials (or lack of) of our midfield, but like Errington has said today - Argyle were beat by a workmanlike performance by Carlisle, who just wanted it more. Argyle did create plenty, certainly in the first half, and the opportunity to win today was clear - Sheridan alluded to that in his interview actually, saying he felt there was a tempo to the first 10 mins that we should have built off. But the players have let themselves down through lack of effort, guts, commitment. They certainly contain ample enough skill to beat the team sitting 21st (?) in the division, but why is their mental state at this low? Harbin is back, Sheridan has experienced this issue with his players before, I don't know, it's weird. There does seem to be a disconnect between Sheridan and his players, O'Connor's interview last weekend after the Mansfield game, for example. Sheridan had said in his interview that the first goal was lucky and that O'Connor didn't mean it, that he just meant to head the ball back across the box, but it went in. O'Connor couldn't believe that Sheridan had said that, he was bemused by it and said he's talking nonsense. It wasn't anything malicious or serious and I understand I'm speculating a bit in my interpretation, but there was a weird sense of disconnect between the players and coaches - as if they hadn't spoken at all.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread    Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 7:26 pm

I'm not having these tossers who constantly drone on about how good our squad is and how it's all Sheridan's fault that we're not in the top 3, it's bollocks, fcuking Carlisle can afford to have a proven goalscorer at a higher level like Billy Paynter sat on their bench, we can't. Sheridan should take 25% of the blame, the players should take 25% of the blame and Brent should take 50% of the blame for our continued averageness imo FFS!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread    Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 7:30 pm

SwimWithTheTide wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
SwimWithTheTide wrote:
Its a shame he didn't do what Pulis did with Palace, and part company with Argyle and expose the owner for the cheapskate he is - although with Pardew doing absolutely fantastic with that team now its a bit of a backfire.

Regardless, it seemed common consensus that Hartley is a leader, McCormick is a leader, Nelse, McHugh, O'Connor, Cox all have been praised for some point for leadership. However, Sheridan isn't getting answers from these guys, I don't understand? I don't understand where these players are at mentally, especially now Harbin is back and supposedly his impact for the players he coaches is terrific with regards to their mentality - yet we're still drooping heads, lacking commitment, just all round being a bit shit and low on confidence. This was probably epitomised by Reuben make a desperate dive for a penalty in which he was booked, totally uncharacteristic of him yet he must have felt compelled to try it. A lack of belief that he could achieve a goal, or that his teammates will create the opportunity he requires and so he cheats. Very disheartening.

You can have all the leaders that you want but if a team has insufficient goal power throughout, then they will be leading down blind alleys forever more. Reid and Alessandra dry up, nothing to back it up, it's as simple as that and has been throughout the season. Too much pressure on the front and back departments of the team and even the once near impregnable rearguard is now beginning to crack.

Indeed, Pulis is a genius and wasn't going to set himself up for failure. In fairness he was right, Palace went cheap and brought in Warnock - what a failure that was and so they had to play a wild card for survival, but the team hasn't changed that greatly and Pardew is doing incredibly well with what is still very much the squad inherit from Pulis.

I get your point about the credentials (or lack of) of our midfield, but like Errington has said today - Argyle were beat by a workmanlike performance by Carlisle, who just wanted it more. Argyle did create plenty, certainly in the first half, and the opportunity to win today was clear - Sheridan alluded to that in his interview actually, saying he felt there was a tempo to the first 10 mins that we should have built off. But the players have let themselves down through lack of effort, guts, commitment. They certainly contain ample enough skill to beat the team sitting 21st (?) in the division, but why is their mental state at this low? Harbin is back, Sheridan has experienced this issue with his players before, I don't know, it's weird. There does seem to be a disconnect between Sheridan and his players, O'Connor's interview last weekend after the Mansfield game, for example. Sheridan had said in his interview that the first goal was lucky and that O'Connor didn't mean it, that he just meant to head the ball back across the box, but it went in. O'Connor couldn't believe that Sheridan had said that, he was bemused by it and said he's talking nonsense. It wasn't anything malicious or serious and I understand I'm speculating a bit in my interpretation, but there was a weird sense of disconnect between the players and coaches - as if they hadn't spoken at all.  

But surely that emphasises my point? You say that they have ample skill to beat a team 21st in the division but the most difficult skill of all is putting the ball into the net and Argyle just haven't executed that enough this season-a simple truism but so relevant.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread    Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 7:40 pm

Here we go again. I suppose you can't blame them at this moment in time [we are all peed off tonight].

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread    Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 7:53 pm

the chairman, the manager, the players are all shite and yes i am peed off
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread    Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 8:20 pm

It shows how God awful this league is when we can still be in with a shout of the play offs despite our terribly inconsistent form all season!
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread    Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 9:30 pm

SwimWithTheTide wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
SwimWithTheTide wrote:

Regardless, it seemed common consensus that Hartley is a leader, McCormick is a leader, Nelse, McHugh, O'Connor, Cox all have been praised for some point for leadership. However, Sheridan isn't getting answers from these guys, I don't understand? I don't understand where these players are at mentally, especially now Harbin is back and supposedly his impact for the players he coaches is terrific with regards to their mentality - yet we're still drooping heads, lacking commitment, just all round being a bit shit and low on confidence. .

Argyle did create plenty, certainly in the first half, and the opportunity to win today was clear - Sheridan alluded to that in his interview actually, saying he felt there was a tempo to the first 10 mins that we should have built off. But the players have let themselves down through lack of effort, guts, commitment. They certainly contain ample enough skill to beat the team sitting 21st (?) in the division, but why is their mental state at this low? Harbin is back,   

2 issues for me.
Months ago I was questioning the role, ability and results of John Harbin. ''He takes players to the edge of their comfort zone and ability then takes them beyond it'' ''He makes players push themselves beyond their ability'' ...... drivel .. no he freaking doesn't!

Lack of effort, guts, commitment. Disgusting
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread    Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 9:30 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
the chairman, the manager, the players are all shite   and yes i am peed off

Team came in for some stick at the end.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread    Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 10:50 pm

good
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread    Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 11:13 pm

Elias wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:

What was the general feel of the travelling support Elias given that Carlisle away is as green tint as it gets.

Who was getting the stick? players, Sheridan or Brent?

Never the latter I would guess.

Hope you had a safe journey home.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread    Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 11:14 pm

The team and manager get the stick yet the non investing chairman is safe from all grief.

How long does the "ee saved us innum" card last for?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread    Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 11:33 pm

Yea Man wrote:
The team and manager get the stick yet the non investing chairman is safe from all grief.

How long does the "ee saved us innum" card last for?

As long as he has the owner of the main argyle supporters forum in his pocket he never will. But be assured the second that changes nool will turn on him like he has staplewallet, nwo, ollie, bobby.luggy and probably mac666 too

Last edited by Angry on Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread    Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 12:20 am

Whatever the reason the lingering smell just won't dissipate. Just as damning as the come-from-behind stat is the hard fact that whenever we have come up to a game we needed a result in we have failed to get it.

This is not a trait found in promotion-winning sides.

It is frustrating beyond belief because in terms of ball skills (first touch, triangles and so on) there is no lack of ability in the team. On that level we really should be doing much better.

Equally our defensive record is good. It should be the platform from which to press on. We have that 20-goals-a-season striker, too.

What we seem to lack is pace throughout the side and, as has been pointed out so many times, goals - particularly from midfield.

Still. Last week we needed 6 wins to be sure of promotion and this week it is only 5.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread    Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 12:45 am

Diabolical. Other than the 2 hours watching football the other 19 were pretty enjoyable.

Other than McCormick I can't think of a player deserving more than a 5, it was that bad.

Useless bunch of bottle jobs, but I'm too tired to be angry. Hope to put a bit more of a match report/ratings up tomorrow at some point.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread    Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 1:20 am

Football can be strange and teams near the top have no divine right to beat teams near the bottom. Every goal and victory has to be earned and some games you play the opposition off the park and win by a margin. Some games you have to dig in and scrape a narrow victory. Some games you play them off the park and lose. Its football. BUT ... there is never an excuse for throwing in the towel, showing no hunger and just going through the motions particularly when the chance of promotion is the prize. FFS this is their career and being in a promotion winning side brings financial rewards and recognition.
These players have got 1 more chance to redeem with a thumping victory on Saturday and if they don't produce they will get real hostility that makes booing a friendly gesture. Me - angry? Oh yes - I can't stand bottlers. Rant
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread    Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 7:54 am

Maybe the players want Sheridan out themselves so are deliberately playing shite in an attempt to have him sacked?!

Who knows but another season in this league is a feckin shambles if it happens.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread    Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 9:46 am

Yea Man wrote:
Maybe the players want Sheridan out themselves so are deliberately playing shite in an attempt to have him sacked?!

Footballers are not known for their intellect at times but surely nobody would be that bleddy daft to try to get the manager the boot at this stage of the season, with even now a possible promotion at stake and all the benefits it could bring to their careers?
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread    Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 11:28 am

Greenskin wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

Footballers are not known for their intellect at times but surely nobody would be that bleddy daft to try to get the manager the boot at this stage of the season, with even now a possible promotion at stake and all the benefits it could bring to their careers?
Maybe they've all got flights to Dubai booked for the Sunday morning after the Shrewsbury game.

The coming-from-behind thing really pisses me off. To be fair, it predates Sheridan - I seem to recall there was one season towards the end of the Championship period when we only equalised twice all season. But for a club with a decent support and reasonably good players, it's inexcusable. The culture of failure (and acceptance of it) has not been eradicated by Sheridan.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread    Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 11:41 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Listen to this one and try and tell me that he does actually know what he's doing - he sounds broken but more concerningly like he has absolutely no idea what to do now.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread    Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 11:43 am

Everyones deflated this morning and rightfully so however Victory over Tranmere and Luton losing to Southend next Saturday will put us through.
Now thats not a huge outcome to possibly expect.

I'd say we will still make it however shight we are
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread    Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 2:58 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
Elias wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:

What was the general feel of the travelling support Elias given that Carlisle away is as green tint as it gets.

Who was getting the stick? players, Sheridan or Brent?

Never the latter I would guess.

Hope you had a safe journey home.

the whole was booed intially. then applause at least had courage to come over.
sheridan didnt but then again he didnt come over i think, too busy maybe trying to stop hartley and who ever fighting then mccormick had hold of hartley holding him back.
unsavoury end really. god knows what happended at half time.
a few been on booze all day:drunken: i reckon quite a few 'lads' there bringing down the average age!

trip home ok until i came across this group of 40 burton, mouth gobshites all early 20's. started singing about not liking forest - the ten forest lads didnt like this and burton went no where near them afterwards Very Happy

5 games this season no goals scored 4 defeats. shrewsbury next for me .........maybe wembley too flower
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread    Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 3:03 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Everyones deflated this morning and rightfully so however Victory over Tranmere and Luton losing to Southend next Saturday will put us through.
Now thats not a huge outcome to possibly expect.

I'd say we will still make it however shight we are

And then fail to turn up against the mighty Southend in the playoffs.

Ah well - it's better than finishing 21st again I suppose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread    Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 3:21 pm

It was rubbish the players generally batted the ball to each other not wanting any responsibility. Eventually it got half heartedly wafted in allesandra or reids direction and we lost the ball. We had a decent penalty turned down and a goal chalked off forfuck know what but we didn't deserve anything out of the game. Pie face was acting like a cock pretending to be furious and yelling things like use the pitch at players for the benefit of people watching ,

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread    Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 3:24 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
It was rubbish the players generally batted the ball to each other not wanting any responsibility. Eventually it got half heartedly wafted in allesandra or reids direction and we lost the ball. We had a decent penalty turned down and a goal chalked off forfuck know what but we didn't deserve anything out of the game. Pie face was acting like a cock pretending to be furious and yelling things like use the pitch at players for the benefit of people watching ,

Pie face doesn't have to act like a cock, he is one lol!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread    Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next