AstiSpumante
VillageGreen
Elias
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
jabba the gut ecfc

Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread    Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 4:08 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Making the play-offs would be nice, but whoever gets the 7th spot, be it us, Luton or Newport; we're all in such shite form (unless Luton have turned the corner) that I can't see any of us getting past Southend or Bury over two legs...

Bury were the best team I've seen. In fact they were one of the only three teams I've seen for myself that have impressed me in any way, the others being Burton and Shrewsbury. Unless Southend chose the games against us to serve up two below-par displays they're a pretty mediocre side at best. We battered them for 50 minutes at Roots Hall and were the better team for two-thirds of the game yesterday - they only stole a win thanks to our habitual moment of kamikaze defending. Bear in mind that we were struggling with a lot of injuries and even then they were very lucky to win.

I doubt Luton have turned the corner - both times I saw them they were poor to average and hopelessy timid going forward. I've been keeping an eye at the goings on at Prenton Park and remarkably it seems that Tranmere were actually the better side against Luton. If I recall Tranmere missed a penalty and let in a bad goal.

The more cynical and jaded fans in this League are forever moaning about how terrible it is in any given season, but IMO most of the time it's a huge exaggeration. However the division really is dismal this year. I don't really think you have anything to fear from any side except Bury - apart from the teams I've already mentioned, Stevenage are a fairly inexperienced side, which will be a handicap in the playoffs.

Still, I expect none of this will stop you guys panicking. Wink
Back to top Go down

Billy Rafferty has a Hotel in Carlisle Match Thread
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5