Elias
Czarcasm
Tgwu
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD   Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 11:12 pm

Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP 1ST ROUND

Match Officials

Referee Charles Breakspear   Games 14  YELLOWS 58  REDS NIL

Assistant by William  Bull and Adrian Tranter

Fourth Official Christopher Wade

Carlisle News

Season ticket holders are entitled to 25% off ALL travel on the Virgin Trains network

Keith Curle is in talks over a contract extension, Carlisle United said last night

The Cumbrians will be making their second trip to Home Park this season after losing 4-1 in a League Two game in August.
Their squad on Saturday is set to include 27-year-old defender Mark Ellis, who is a lifelong Argyle fan.
Ellis signed on a one-month loan for Carlisle from League One outfit Shrewsbury Town last week and is eligible to play for them in the FA Cup.He made his debut in the 3-2 home win against Paul Sturrock's Yeovil Town at Brunton Park on Saturday

Last edited by Tgwu on Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD   Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 12:39 am

Plymouth Argyle's trio of loan signings available for FA Cup tie against Carlisle

ALL THREE of Plymouth Argyle's loan signings are eligible to play in the FA Cup first round tie against Carlisle United at Home Park on Saturday, manager Derek Adams has confirmed.

Crystal Palace midfielder Hiram Boateng and versatile Reading attacker Craig Tanner have played regularly for the Pilgrims this season.

Oscar Threlkeld has not featured so much since arriving from Bolton Wanderers at the start of September but has seen action as a second half substitute in the last couple of matches.

Tanner and Threlkeld combined to set up striker Ryan Brunt's last-gasp winning goal for Argyle when they beat Luton Town 2-1 at Kenilworth Road on October 24.
Boateng, Tanner and Threlkeld will remain on loan to the Pilgrims until January 2.

Tanner, who has scored four goals in eight starts and 10 substitute appearances, has already expressed an interest in staying at Home Park until the end of the season.

Argyle are set to have a near fully fit squad for the FA Cup clash against Carlisle, with the exception of striker Reuben Reid, who is still struggling with a hip injury.

Winger Gregg Wylde was ruled out of the 2-0 victory over Morecambe at Home Park last Saturday by what Adams described as 'a knock' but will be fit for selection this weekend, according to the Pilgrims' boss.

Boateng and left-back Gary Sawyer were both substituted in the second half against Morecambe because of injuries but Adams is confident they will be fine to face Carlisle.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD   Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 9:23 am

Unsold ST Tickets comes on general release for the Carlisle game on Saturday morning and Millwall on Tuesday morning. Looking on the ticketmaster site more tickets are sold for the Millwall game then for Carlisle, Exeter game looks like a very big turn out.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD   Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 12:14 pm

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD   Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 2:55 am

Got a feeling it could be a bit tighter this time probable replay needed.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD   Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 7:59 am

Very difficult game against VERY good opposition - they completely outplayed us in the first half of the league encouter. I think Carlisle will edge it.

Argo 0-2 Carlisle
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD   Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 11:11 am

Manager Keith Curle spoke  about the FA Cup trip to Plymouth at his Thursday morning press conference.

MANAGER: We'll look to take it to them

“You never know where a cup run can take you,” he said. “It can be a massive bonus for the football club. We've tasted a little bit of cup success already this season where we made a lot of friends with our performances and how we conducted ourselves.

“We’ll treat Plymouth with a lot of respect because they're flying high in the division. They've had a lot of the type of luck that successful teams seem to get. Cup competitions can be slightly different and we’ll look to take it to them.

“We're playing against a team who are top of the division and playing with lots of confidence and belief. They're in their own back garden but we know we can go down there and perform because we did it earlier in the season. We go into every game with the mindset of being able to get the win.

“I know exactly how we lost there earlier in the season. I'm also mindful of the fact that for 40 minutes of that game we gave them a footballing lesson. They were desperate for half time to come but they got the goal and that changed their half time team talk completely.

“There were a lot of pleasing things in that first 40 minutes that we can build on. We'll take those into the game and we'll give them a gentle reminder that we can play football. We caused them lots of problems and that will stand us in good stead.

“We're preparing exactly the same as we would for a league game and that's a massive credit to the football club. They allow me to prepare the team in the manner I think is the right. We're a football club who have to travel long distances but we never see that as a barrier.”

“The one thing I do know is that Plymouth won’t want a replay at our place,” he commented. “I think that can play a part because they will not want to come to Carlisle on a Tuesday night. That’s something we can possibly use to our advantage.

“A replay would suit us, but not them, and it would be like jetlag for them because they would have two or three days of travelling. That will be in the back of their mind and they’ll want the game settled at the weekend.

“We’ll go there to do our jobs and we’ll be looking to test them as much as they will want to test us
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD   Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 11:26 am

Abstracts from an interview with Mark

Defender Mark Ellis on his loan move and the trip to Plymouth

Defender Mark Ellis spoke  about his loan spell ahead of the long weekend trip down to Plymouth.

“I want to play at the highest level I can and if that means dropping down a level to help Carlisle with their promotion chances then so be it. I just want to do well with whoever I’m playing for.

When it comes to formations I’m comfortable playing in a four or a three. I’m happy on the right or the left of the three because I think I’ve still got a bit of pace to get down the sides. I’ve got a long throw in the locker which I try to use whenever I can as we

I’m sure we’ll go there and enjoy it. I certainly will with being a Plymouth fan. I was born in Plymouth and I’ve even been a match mascot there in my younger days. My family live there and I always enjoy getting the chance to play against them. I’ve had some good times watching them over the years and there are good memories from the promotion season when Neil Warnock was the manager.

“I’ll have a few friends and family sat in the Plymouth end and a few of them have said they’ll support Carlisle as well. It’s a game we can look forward to.

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD   Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 5:21 am

With most of local football cancelled today should put more bums on seats (see HT thread)

Rain should stop late morning with a good sunny afternoon here in Plymouth

Unclaim ST seats on general sell now, looks like very small gate.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD   Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 11:07 am

Will still struggle to top 6k........5,942
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD   Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 11:09 am

lucky to have 3000 to 4000
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD   Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 3:07 pm

Pompey scum are 1 up to Macclesfield
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD   Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 3:37 pm

1 down, concentrate on the league, Adams out!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD   Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 3:44 pm

2 down, sounds awful, glad I'm not there.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD   Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 3:44 pm

Freathy not popped in yet ?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD   Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 4:04 pm

Appalling.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD   Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 4:05 pm

Priorities
Back to top Go down
steveinspain

steveinspain

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD   Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 4:11 pm

What do you expect for £15  sarcasm
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD   Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 4:18 pm

6,005 jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD   Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 4:22 pm

Looks like the old fickle season ticket holders again.  Laughing They probably thought £15 was just a bit too expensive. Can't complain about the November weather, lovely afternoon. Packed out here at Riverford next to the Bastards. They had to shut early, ran out of food.
Wonder if the Argyle new found never say die will win out ? I'm ashamed to say I've turned on Sparks. 15 mins to go.

Last edited by Sir John Hawkins on Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD   Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 4:34 pm

There's ten FA cup ties on tomorrow. Is that normal, or an obscene amaint? They can't all be on telly foreshore?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD   Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 4:37 pm

FY 310 wrote:
Priorities

DA didn't seem to think that this game deserved any less priority than league matches judging by the team he fielded.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD   Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 4:39 pm

Maybe the FA now see their brand as a Sunday leisure pursuit. It does seem an awful lot of Sunday ties.

For a top of the table team, Argyle do seem to be a bit brittle. I can't really work that out. Quite strange.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD   Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 5:07 pm

Small squad with zero help expected from the non investor, the fantastic Adams has his work cut out keeping it all together.
Back to top Go down
steveinspain

steveinspain

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD   Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 5:28 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Small squad with zero help expected from the non investor, the fantastic Adams has his work cut out keeping it all together.

Plymouth Argyle FC ‏@Only1Argyle  · 4 mins ago  
DA: Carlisle scorer Hallam Hope was a target for me, but we couldn't afford him

Looks like DA's getting pissed off already, he'll be gone soon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD   Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United FA CUP THREAD
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next