Les Miserable
Tgwu
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Freathy

Freathy

Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 9:29 pm

Season over
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 9:43 pm

Currently in the play-offs, clear by 3 points, Sheridan out! cheers
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 9:44 pm

A dismal Draw... never mind Cobi and xisle will soon tell Shez where he went wrong!
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 9:49 pm

Anyone else listening to the Exeter game and feeling absolutely sick as they pepper the Wycombe goal?
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 9:50 pm

beeb stats said we had 18 shots 12 on target. If this were the case what have we been doing in the previous games, drinking tea?
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 9:50 pm

WYCOMBE PENALTY!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 9:51 pm

3 games left oh its getting close
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 9:54 pm

This 'team' was never good enough to make the play-offs.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 9:54 pm

I see it as 2 left as no hope against the mighty shrews. We are so shite.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 9:58 pm

Exeter so should have won that! Was a very tense listen at the end.

3 points clear of freefalling Luton and 4 points clear of Exeter with +20 greater goal difference. It really is in our hands and the opportunity for us to make it into the play offs is a feckin reality. Regardless of whether the club should rightfully be higher or not, we're in with a genuine chance. The negativity on here and the other site bemuses me. If now ain't one of the times to be excited when following a club like Argyle then I don't know when is?
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 10:09 pm

C'mon guys cheer up FFS. Only 1 team can stop Argyle getting in the play-offs ..... Argyle! Yes I know - Argyle are trying so hard to crack that nut or so it seems. So the good news is:
- Excretia are almost out of it in reality
- Last game of the season is Luton vs Stevenage
- Exeter and Luton have to play Saffend yet.
So 2 wins and we are in the play-offs barring some goal fests somewhere. 4 points may well do it. It could be over on Saturday if we win and Luton, Newport lose and Excretia don't win. Stop being so negative about it.

There - all smiling now. cheers
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 10:12 pm

We played well, especially the second half and created loads, how Lewi missed from 8 yards with 5 minutes left I'm fcuked if I know, Bobby Reid MOM 9 out of 10 imo, still all to play for.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 10:17 pm

Lighten up you miserable cnuts, it really wasn't that bad a performance!

Their keeper was the biggest time wasting turd I've ever seen, how he didn't get booked is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 10:22 pm

THD was garbage, so reluctant to push forward and run down the wing, booby prize 2 out of 10.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 10:24 pm

I'm 3 parts pissed, I'll leave the proper match report to Skinny..
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 10:26 pm

Les Mis has basically summed up my thoughts in 3 posts.

Decent performance, Lewi can't finish, THD is so low on confidence, Jones isn't any better, Bobby was class. That's about it.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 10:31 pm

The sooner he confirms he off to Oldham the better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 10:32 pm

Tgwu wrote:
The sooner he confirms he off to Oldham the better.

it begins Laughing
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 10:36 pm

I feel that was two points thrown away. Argyle could and should have won that game.

The AFC keeper was a time wasting shitehawk.

Three points clear and it could still go any away.

PS

I counted twelve corners to Argyle.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 10:42 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Easing back now then? I hope on Saturday Argyle go for the jugular from the start ''attack attack attack attack attack'' and a win would create a fantastic atmosphere for Tranmere at home. That match could be ''win for Argyle = play-offs'' and ''lose for Tranmere = conference'' - wow!!!!!

I can't quite understand the total negativity from some fans about JS. He joined when we were 91st so he's done something right surely. Give him a break FFS - we're almost in the play-offs. COYGs
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 10:45 pm

Les Miserable wrote:

Cheers. Thought it was a cracking game tonight, probably the best of the season for end to end thrills and spills,right to the end when McCormack made a great one handed save to at least get an important point. Too much happened to go into any great detail but Argyle had enough chances to win two games in the second half, keeper made some terrific saves before Argyle scored through the outstanding O'Connor.After their rather scrambled equaliser, Argyle again created chance after chance, with some weak finishing and Lewis trying to break the net from the best of them being especially frustrating. Not that it was all one way, Wimbledon were dangerous on the break right to the end but Luke showed his value and with the results going as they did, that could be a very important draw. Looking at the table, Argyle's vastly superior goal difference could be crucial at seasons end-looks like a win and a draw from the remaining games may be enough, Luton, Newport and Exeter would need to win all their games if those results were achieved. Not a bad night at all in the end.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 10:47 pm

If you were a neutral that was the best game at Home Park all season. Really good stuff, open, end to end, bizarre refereeing, chances galore and several great saves to boot.

On balance we had the chances to win that game easily but a combination of some great goal-keeping and some woeful finishing kept it tight and in truth neither team deserved to lose.

From our point of view a draw felt a bit like a defeat but with other results going sort of OK we have strengthened our position and with fewer games to play that has to be a plus.

That last game at Shrewsbury is beginning to look huge but with games v Carlisle and Tranmere to come we could have it wrapped up before then. Let's hope so.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 10:53 pm

72 point required for the play offs prediction may have been a tad ambitious, seems 69/70 SHOULD do it.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 11:01 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
I feel that was two points thrown away. Argyle could and should have won that game.

The AFC keeper was a time wasting shitehawk.

Three points clear and it could still go any away.

PS
H
I counted twelve corners to Argyle.

There were thirteen corners in total, Damn I missed one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 11:23 pm

SwimWithTheTide wrote:
Exeter so should have won that! Was a very tense listen at the end.

3 points clear of freefalling Luton and 4 points clear of Exeter with +20 greater goal difference. It really is in our hands and the opportunity for us to make it into the play offs is a feckin reality. Regardless of whether the club should rightfully be higher or not, we're in with a genuine chance. The negativity on here and the other site bemuses me. If now ain't one of the times to be excited when following a club like Argyle then I don't know when is?

I think fans are a bit underwhelmed because they haven't seen a stellar performance out of this side since for months, since probably Wycombe away (Cheltenham away, if you don't mind the non-league standard opposition).

Since then any side that isn't low on confidence has been a good bet for a point or even 3 off us. We are just really struggling to play as a side. Portsmouth was a tough game, Mansfield was a tough game and Wimbledon was a tough game, but these shouldn't be 'tough' games. They are three mid table sides, but their standard is what we have dropped to. Luckily sides around us are in even worse form (Luton) or have tough run ins - it is the only reason why our original aim of 72 is now looking like 68/69.

We have three games now to get the players fit, hungry and firing as a unit. We simply need to look like we did in the first half of the season up to Christmas to give us genuine confidence in these playoffs - having a glimpse of that quality in the next three games would be a great morale booster.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon match thread
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next