GreenSam
Dougie
Dick Trickle
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dick Trickle

True Wimbledon Match Thread Empty
PostSubject: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 7:36 pm

Evening All,

Bit early I know but who's going?

Making it a half day lunchtime pre-match build up with a dear friend of mine at Waterloo. The away end is situated within feet of the dugouts which does allow some classic banter. Big game now...dare we say momentum?

You can get into the social club early doors (about 6pm) if you are not wearing colours. Webb, Jameson and Newell took advantage 2 seasons ago although at least one of them will probably be promoted to the Directors bar by now.

Anyway it's still Argyle, so given it's likely to be a disappointment, planning on being half-pissed at least by 7.45pm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 8:43 pm

50/50 if i will go..

i dont envy Hartley or Nelson with the job of man marking Akinfenwa he is a mountain.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 8:48 pm

8 tickets arrived on my doorstep this morning. A gathering of my kith and kin. Straight to the ground from work without passing go.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 10:10 pm

Is this a cabal?
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 10:23 pm

I'm going from Plymouth at 1pm and meeting some mates from London when I get there.

I'm going up with the Travel Club which isn't ideal but the train prices (even with a railcard) are utterly extortionate.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 10:53 pm

Didnt know we were playing mk dons?

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 11:22 pm

Elias wrote:

No, no they are franchise FC. We are playing AFC Wimbledon the real ones. Keep up Elias!!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 12:42 am

Elias wrote:

how dare you use such strong swear words on a family forum Elias Thumbnsdown Thumbnsdown Thumbnsdown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 12:57 am

Elias wrote:

Look Elias, we on ATD are pretty au fait with the alternate point of view but your view of the Wombles vs real Wombles is totally fecked up, give it a rest will you as you're totally out of kilter with the rest of the world.
whilst we are at it we were going to arrange a fans re-united with Joe Kinnear leading the Luton team of the noughties out at HP to give JB a lifetime service to Argyle cup, would you like to present it? Aidy Boothroyd will be speaking at the dinner?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 2:24 am

Sounds like great entertainment !
Bloody phoney club.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 8:12 am

Don't poke the troll.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 10:45 am

Not even with a cattle prod?
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 12:18 pm

Wimbledon have scored 20 goals in 13 games but have let in 21!

14 of their 20 goals have been scored by Tubbs ( 8 ) and Akinfenwa (6).

We've scored 14 (Reid 5) and let in 8 in our 13 games.

Wimbledon at home...   W3 D1 L2 F12 A9
Argyle away............    W2 D0 L4 F4 A6

Could go either way!

Last edited by Moist_Von_Lipwig on Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 12:22 pm

I was given a £25 free bet, and have confidently backed the boys to continue this run and whelp these minnows.

I finish work about 5:30 in Saaf Hampshire - might go across or might visit Pompey-Stevenage.

Might not.

Either way I'll be wearing clothes.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 12:56 pm

Angry wrote:
50/50 if i will go..

i dont envy Hartley or Nelson with the job of man marking Akinfenwa he is a mountain.

When Akinfenwa was here with Northampton Wotton, sort of, marked him from midfield by getting between him and the inevitable long ball up to him (Boothroyd was their manager at the time) with a view to buggering up the supply line. As I recall this worked pretty well. It'll be interesting to see if somebody gets detailed to fill the same role on Tuesday.

Mind you we played 2 CBs that day and not the 3 we are likely to start with on Tuesday so we might not.

And am I right in thinking that we always seem to play Wimbledon on a Tuesday? Any idea why this might be?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 1:09 pm

Wish I could go up, but it will not be the case, Mansfield Town away is my first trek away from Plymouth.

Hope Argyle can get three points in London on Tuesday..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 1:58 pm

Little tip - don't get off at New Maldon, not unless you got your hiking boots on!!
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 3:01 pm

Didn't we play there on Boxing Day once?
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 3:36 pm

Extra little tip. The nearest pub to the ground turns into a pound in a pint pot stripper bar on match days. Take that as either advertising or a warning. Up to you.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 4:21 pm

Iggy wrote:
Elias wrote:

Look Elias, we on ATD are pretty au fait with the alternate point of view but your view of the Wombles vs real Wombles is totally fecked up, give it a rest will you as you're totally out of kilter with the rest of the world.
whilst we are at it  we were going to arrange a fans re-united with Joe Kinnear leading the Luton team of the noughties out at HP to give JB a lifetime service to Argyle cup, would you like to present it? Aidy Boothroyd will be speaking at the dinner?

not everyone does it seems....................................

damn these protest clubs lol!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 10:27 am

Was at the ground this morning, telephone calls coming in asking if it is POTD, advised buy now only 150 ticket left.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 10:33 am

My car just made me £118 poorer. No trip to London for me.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Rebel

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 12:19 pm

Your car stole money from you? Beat it up like Basil Fawlty did his!!!
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 2:27 pm

Anyone going to be in the Bricklayers Arms (pub) before the game? I'm going with 2 Don's mates so I'm Billy no mates in the away end at the moment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 2:40 pm

Unfortunately I left your neck of the woods(woodford green) early saturday morning and won't be back up for a while otherwise I'd have gone to the match.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

True Wimbledon Match Thread
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next