Czarcasm
Josh Pope
Hitch
sufferedsince 68
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 10:42 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:
The  bheh done good so bullocks to the boo boys, it was an slightly above average budget and a slightly above average season which is an improvemeny on the last 10 years and could still end on high , geddon sherry

Someone's had a good day lol!

The budget remains open to debate, personally I think Shez has done will despite the budget limitations.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 12:38 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Shez has done OK in transforming a dead on arrival disaster outfit, comprising 75% of players who were not fit for purpose [a fact which many seem people seem to be incapable of remembering] and who were taking Argyle to previously unplumbed depths, into at least a reasonably competitive side in the division. There have been lots of areas of improvement-much better home and defensive record, better disciplinary record, at least managing to beat non league teams in cup competitions and creating the basis of a team which, with the addition of a couple of goal scoring midfielders,can get better. Could we have done better than Sheridan? Possibly. Could we have done a whole lot worse? Too fecking right we could have.

Agreed with this. He's done a good job overall. I like his attitude, he's still yesterday saying we haven't achieved anything yet. The guy no doubt has his limitations; just as he refers to his players as being in League Two for a reason, the same can be said of him as a manager. I doubted him in recent months, but he's managed to deliver a team that appears to have crossed the line - so credit where its due. We know this team is capable of delivering cracking performances, hopefully they can show them in front of the Sky cameras throughout May. 

In a thread in which a few are swallowing pride and offering congratulations on the other site, X'y continues to stake the "I was right" claim with some nonsense analogy about Airlines and Sheridan being Ryan Air. The analogy might have worked had he understood that a better quality flight is more expensive than a budget airline, but there's not even a whiff of a mention with regards to Brent's budget.
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 12:50 pm

SwimWithTheTide wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Shez has done OK in transforming a dead on arrival disaster outfit, comprising 75% of players who were not fit for purpose [a fact which many seem people seem to be incapable of remembering] and who were taking Argyle to previously unplumbed depths, into at least a reasonably competitive side in the division. There have been lots of areas of improvement-much better home and defensive record, better disciplinary record, at least managing to beat non league teams in cup competitions and creating the basis of a team which, with the addition of a couple of goal scoring midfielders,can get better. Could we have done better than Sheridan? Possibly. Could we have done a whole lot worse? Too fecking right we could have.

Agreed with this. He's done a good job overall. I like his attitude, he's still yesterday saying we haven't achieved anything yet. The guy no doubt has his limitations; just as he refers to his players as being in League Two for a reason, the same can be said of him as a manager. I doubted him in recent months, but he's managed to deliver a team that appears to have crossed the line - so credit where its due. We know this team is capable of delivering cracking performances, hopefully they can show them in front of the Sky cameras throughout May. 

In a thread in which a few are swallowing pride and offering congratulations on the other site, X'y continues to stake the "I was right" claim with some nonsense analogy about Airlines and Sheridan being Ryan Air. The analogy might have worked had he understood that a better quality flight is more expensive than a budget airline, but there's not even a whiff of a mention with regards to Brent's budget.

I think it's safe to re-state he's been right about absolutely nothing ever since he first started cyber pontificating - more u-turns and knee-jerks than Jeremy Clarkson being repeatedly tasered during an Argentinian rallycross. Supreme buffoon.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 1:01 pm

The point here is that Sheridan has probably hit his target for the season. Only just but he has hit it.

From here on in anything could happen and, who knows?, we may even end up being promoted and if we are then all is well and good but if, as is likely, we are not this season is yet another to be filed under failure.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 1:05 pm

Greenskin wrote:

Agree with all this twin.

It hasn't been an amazing transformation but a very slow rebuild representative of the budget afforded. Previous icons like Warnock and Luggy were afforded a more 'competitive' budget. In retrospect Warnock was a comparative failure but got us through to Wemberlee and sent 35k fans home happy.

Even if we don't get promoted, I'd like to see Shez finish his final year and get given the chance to finalise 'his' squad. We all knew after Conor got sold we had a midfield problem and there's enough evidence to suggest he wasn't able to address it with the financial limitations in place.
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 1:36 pm

It really is all about expectation management isn't it? Sheridan has shown he can build a team/almost a squad that can compete adequately at this rubbish level with a rubbishy budget and with the lightest of light-weight rubbish boards I can remember and a financial legacy that is still still hindering progress. I don't expect play-off success but will be overjoyed if it happens. How the team would be added to and avoid dropping back-down if they were promoted I have no idea. There isn't a scrap of quality vision or ability to deliver at board level, all we have is Sheridan and the players he chooses and he's done pretty well so far in making progress, he certainly hasn't taken the club backwards after years of decline. The staggering dimwittedness of some of the clueless 'know-it-alls' who attempt to pick holes in and castigate his tactics each week is comedy gold.

Shez for Prez! cheers
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 1:52 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
The  bheh done good so bullocks to the boo boys, it was an slightly above average budget and a slightly above average season which is an improvemeny on the last 10 years and could still end on high , geddon sherry
I was thinking the same after my 8th glass last night ........ drinking chocolate!!! Its only 2 yrs and a few months since he inherited a club/team heading down the pan so credit is due. Right ... back to my slippers and drinking chocolate. drunk
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 6:42 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:

Someone's had a good day lol!

Embarassed Did I really write that Razz In all honesty I'm surprised it made that much sense considering the state I was in !!

I somehow managed to spend £120 on a couple of taxis, beer and food, Mrs Asti wasn't impressed and has been a bit short all day affraid
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 7:04 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2015 6:28 pm

Jose Shezinio Jose Shezinio Jose Shezinio Jose Shezinio Jose Shezinio Jose Shezino jose shezinio.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2015 6:32 pm

X throbber will be gutted!! The carefully planned ten thousand word "Wankspan Lecture" on where Shez went wrong will have to be shelved for another day!cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2015 6:44 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
X throbber will be gutted!! The carefully planned ten thousand word "Wankspan Lecture" on where Shez went wrong will have to be shelved for another day!cheers

foreworded by ejh too aswell
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2015 6:54 pm

And BNP Harper who seems to hate Sezza though tbf he seems to hate just about everyone queen afro
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2015 7:50 pm

Only 2-0, FFS sort it out Sheridan !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2015 9:44 pm

done well despite brent
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2015 11:48 pm

Well done JS and the team in making the play offs.
Thumbs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2015 11:51 pm

Elias wrote:
done well despite brent

the reluctant one will be hailed the hero of this over shezza and the players make no mistake about it.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 3 EmptySun May 03, 2015 4:56 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Nope, I still firmly believe a better manager would've got us over the automatic promotion line. Getting over the 7th placed line doesn't change anything.

We've now got three games to stave off the now obligatory winless doldrum spell that follows the putting together of some good results. More power to his elbow in doing that.

...then hopefully Argyle will have a good look at the manager's position in the summer, whichever league we're in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 3 EmptySun May 03, 2015 5:05 pm

X Isle wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Nope, I still firmly believe a better manager would've got us over the automatic promotion line. Getting over the 7th placed line doesn't change anything.

We've now got three games to stave off the now obligatory winless doldrum spell that follows the putting together of some good results. More power to his elbow in doing that.

...then hopefully Argyle will have a good look at the manager's position in the summer, whichever league we're in.  

and who better would have done a better job under the reluctant one?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 3 EmptySun May 03, 2015 5:06 pm

X Isle wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Maybe with a better owner and a decent budget, shez would have got automatic promotion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 3 EmptySun May 03, 2015 10:26 pm

Xthrobber has more turns in him than a whippet with a wasp up its arse.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 2:19 am

I cannot remember who but one of the City boys posted a " Silly Hats and Titles" which was like a monologue of the new Argyle hierarchy and brilliant it was too. I copied the description of X-Throbber and till this day still makes me laugh.
Here is X-Throbbers description

Confessor of the Empire: Conscience of the People
Sir X-Isle the Pious. Archbishop of Peverell. Vicar of the church of St James our saviour of Argyle. Pope Contradiction XXJJJ. Pontiff elect of the high church of Brentistan. Poet Laureate to the Empire of Akkeron.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Three Cheers For Shez!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3