Czarcasm
Josh Pope
Hitch
sufferedsince 68
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 1:24 pm

Brent and the board, Sheridan and his staff and the Players and captain wank spasm are allequally to blame if we dont make the playoffs.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 1:48 pm

No, it is the moaning fans.

Had to sit in the Mayflower stand yesterday, what a lot of moaner there.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 1:53 pm

ejh wrote:
Lose and it is Brent's fault for signing shit players who do not have an illustrious history of goalscoring. Sheridan presumably takes no responsibility for signing said players with no history of goalscoring, it is all Brent's fault we signed predominantly defensive minded players.

Win and beat Mansfield at home and a hapless Cheltenham away, and Sheridan is a bloody underrated genius who is taking the Argyle express to promotionland!

If you spend a few weeks around here you will soon pick up the formula for assigning blame and credit. Any and all footballing progress is Sheridan's accomplishment. Any perceived failure or underachievement, including individual matches and bizarre tactical decisions (Mellor up front?) somehow always has its root causes in James Brent being evil.

I suppose you could return to pasoti where James is God and Sheridan is the devil incarnate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 2:01 pm

FAO Iggy and anyone else, we have the third highest attendance indeed, but we also have a £2m balloon payment on the horizon.

All of our superior attendance money does not go straight into having the third best paid squad. We still have our post-admin obligations.

Porstmouth have about double our average attendance and a lot less progress to show for it. Luton once again have more fans coming through but don't have a lead on us.

Good chairmen can't win titles, but good managers will. Wycome, Stevenage and Newport are in and about where we are with lesser budgets than ours.

Sheridan has been backed to bring in a good quality squad, with signings of his choosing, that is for my money roughly the 4th best squad in the league. I'd only rate Burton, Shrewsbury and Bury as being better. The only reason we have fallen behind is a tendency to underperform and fail to deliver in run of the mill midtable clashes where we have lacked any kind of focus and cutting edge in goalscoring.

As I say, you can't blame Brent for every game where Sheridan didn't have the answer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 2:07 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
ejh wrote:
Lose and it is Brent's fault for signing shit players who do not have an illustrious history of goalscoring. Sheridan presumably takes no responsibility for signing said players with no history of goalscoring, it is all Brent's fault we signed predominantly defensive minded players.

Win and beat Mansfield at home and a hapless Cheltenham away, and Sheridan is a bloody underrated genius who is taking the Argyle express to promotionland!

If you spend a few weeks around here you will soon pick up the formula for assigning blame and credit. Any and all footballing progress is Sheridan's accomplishment. Any perceived failure or underachievement, including individual matches and bizarre tactical decisions (Mellor up front?) somehow always has its root causes in James Brent being evil.

I suppose you could return to pasoti where James is God and Sheridan is the devil incarnate.

I got banned from Pasoti by overzealous moderators who would not tolerate any questioning of St. James.

At least on here I can pick holes in your views that JB is the dead weight holding the team back and the club down, and not have moderators and owners PMing me abuse and editing my posts.

You are as free to disagree with my views as I am with yours?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 2:07 pm

steveinspain wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
ejh wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:
Did either of you watch todays game? Just wondering Smile

I didn't go today either but I bet I've watched about 100 times as many Argyle games as you have have. Do I win the cock measuring contest?

It's a fair enough question from Josh in my opinion.

Plenty of loud opinions on here that Sheridan really is great, but it is Brent's paltry budget that is holding him back. It is a fair enough question to ask if the fans that support Sheridan actually watch the performances, or just celebrate and taunt on here from the keyboards each time he wins (even if against sides, particularly lately, we would be very disappointed to not beat, such as Mansfield and Cheltenham, all the while dropping points against the more competitive sides).

I never went to the match yesterday, but I do have gripes with Sheridan's management. I fully believe a more positive manager would have unlocked the creative elements of our squad a lot better, and really have had us pushing for top 3, as sides above us have done on equally as ordinary '7th - 9th' placed budgets (how factual is that statistic anyway?).

Now it is all about the points so with 4 games to go, it isnt the right time to question Sheridan's footballing philosophy against a poor Mansfield side at home. Sheridan and the players had a mission and they accomplished it. But I do understand why fans still have that deflated feeling. 40% possession and less shots and shots on target at home to a poor footballing side like this? We all know what the players are capable of, great incisive creative football particularly at home, and we have had another stale grinding performance against poor opposition where we have just about edged it by virtue of two set piece headers. But as ugly on the eye these goals and performances are, it is a relief to see other players scoring a few goals - far too often a below par performance from Reuben means our chances of scoring a goal whatsoever is slim, and the team needs to be better and more resolutr than merely whether or not the number 9 feels up for it.

Moving forward, we have got two winnable home games against Wimbledon and Tranmere. We need to be throwing 100% focus and concentration into delivering two wins in these games. If we can, by virtue of goal difference we will be on the equivalent of 71 points, which is odds on to be enough for a playoff spot. Our position is certainly a lot rosier with the win yesterday and results elsewhere.
Oh Dear ejh you are becoming more and more bitter, that poor mansfield team still had to be beaten, i'm very happy celebrating that we accomplished getting the three points! Shez is doing a good job keeping this RagBag collection of loans and very average players in the playoff position, how he does it matters not to this keyboard warrior.Laughing

You should be applauding Brent for signing such a great manager then.

I will applaud Brent for hiring Sheridan Steve, the only good thing that has happened under his non ownership. Sherridan saved this club from non league fooball, sheridan also has got the club to the brink of the playoffs despite Brent selling Houruhane his best player! like i say, i think Shez is doing a decent job not spectacular but decent.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 2:17 pm

david_fisher wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:

I had that misfortune and it was truely cr@p.

I may have made this point before, but at this stage of the season it is every bit as hard to get results against teams fighting for their football league future, as it is against promotion wannabes. If you've turned up at a game like this expecting anything other than a bit of a dogfight, then I'd suggest despite watching Argyle for God knows how many years, you simply don't have a very good grasp on some very basic footballing realities.
Back to top Go down
devonportlad

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 2:35 pm

For me the budget speaks volumes when we sign Ryan Brunt and Bristol Rovers sign Jermaine Easter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 2:40 pm

devonportlad wrote:
For me the budget speaks volumes when we sign Ryan Brunt and Bristol Rovers sign Jermaine Easter.

we had easter once and he was shite
Back to top Go down
david_fisher

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 2:46 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
david_fisher wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:

I may have made this point before, but at this stage of the season it is every bit as hard to get results against teams fighting for their football league future, as it is against promotion wannabes. If you've turned up at a game like this expecting anything other than a bit of a dogfight, then I'd suggest despite watching Argyle for God knows how many years, you simply don't have a very good grasp on some very basic footballing realities.

So you thought we played well yesterday?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 2:53 pm

david_fisher wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
david_fisher wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:

So you thought we played well yesterday?

Czar at 6.26pm yesterday wrote:
At this stage of the season it's alway just as tricky playing teams threatened with relegation as it is playing those vying for promotion.

Wasn't pretty today, but job done and we move on.
Back to top Go down
devonportlad

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 3:01 pm

Angry wrote:
devonportlad wrote:

we had easter once and he was shite
Would be useful in this league though, would certainly have him over brunt or smalley anyway
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 3:10 pm

ejh wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
ejh wrote:

I got banned from Pasoti by overzealous moderators who would not tolerate any questioning of St. James.

At least on here I can pick holes in your views that JB is the dead weight holding the team back and the club down, and not have moderators and owners PMing me abuse and editing my posts.

You are as free to disagree with my views as I am with yours?

I'm pretty sure they'd have you back now that you've come around to their way of thinking.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 5:19 pm

Well done Shez a true professoinal unlike your mega nerd critics from Brents Forum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 5:21 pm

I wonder how long it will before the farm start to praise him lol
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 5:24 pm

Angry wrote:
I wonder how long it will before the farm start to praise him lol
Xthrobber, Bnp Harpic, Nitty Gritty Pedlar, etc will all switch to Bumlick Mode!jocolor
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 5:54 pm

Well done to Shez delivered what he promised
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 8:00 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Well done to Shez delivered what he promised
Well - he certainly has! cheers I'm feeling sort of weird. Not used to this at all.

Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 8:02 pm

Bit confused as to how to feel, don't rate him one bit but I suppose he has delivered his 'absolute minimum' so give him the play-offs to see what happens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 8:09 pm

He's done the minimum of what he said he'd do so credit where credits due.

But some performances and results have been absolutely shocking and without some serious investment and strengthening we won't stand a chance in league 1. If we even get there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 8:10 pm

Paven wrote:
Bit confused as to how to feel, don't rate him one bit but I suppose he has delivered his 'absolute minimum' so give him the play-offs to see what happens.

Im sure he will lose much sleep over that
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 8:27 pm

Shez has done OK in transforming a dead on arrival disaster outfit, comprising 75% of players who were not fit for purpose [a fact which many seem people seem to be incapable of remembering] and who were taking Argyle to previously unplumbed depths, into at least a reasonably competitive side in the division. There have been lots of areas of improvement-much better home and defensive record, better disciplinary record, at least managing to beat non league teams in cup competitions and creating the basis of a team which, with the addition of a couple of goal scoring midfielders,can get better. Could we have done better than Sheridan? Possibly. Could we have done a whole lot worse? Too fecking right we could have.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 8:53 pm

Shez has done well. He has scraped into the play-offs on a much less comparative budget than Warnock had. The Shez haters don't care about that of course.

If we don't get promoted from here... the 6k might care, nobody else will, business as usual
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 9:57 pm

The bheh done good so bullocks to the boo boys, it was an slightly above average budget and a slightly above average season which is an improvemeny on the last 10 years and could still end on high , geddon sherry
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 10:30 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
The  bheh done good so bullocks to the boo boys, it was an slightly above average budget and a slightly above average season which is an improvemeny on the last 10 years and could still end on high , geddon sherry

Someone's had a good day lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers For Shez!   Three Cheers For Shez! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Three Cheers For Shez!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next