shonbo
Czarcasm
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Jonnie Shez, thankyou.... Empty
PostSubject: Jonnie Shez, thankyou....   Jonnie Shez, thankyou.... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 5:30 pm

....for keeping us up.

Love Czar Xx I love you
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Jonnie Shez, thankyou....   Jonnie Shez, thankyou.... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 5:32 pm

'ere, ere
xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jonnie Shez, thankyou....   Jonnie Shez, thankyou.... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 5:39 pm

He's done a bleddy good job to be fair.

Shame he wasn't appointed sooner in the season, could be a totally different story right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jonnie Shez, thankyou....   Jonnie Shez, thankyou.... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 5:46 pm

He saved us despite brent and his collection of dimwits, we luv you shez I love you
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Jonnie Shez, thankyou....   Jonnie Shez, thankyou.... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 5:48 pm

Well done JS and pleeeeeeeeease stay.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jonnie Shez, thankyou....   Jonnie Shez, thankyou.... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 5:56 pm

I'm not so sure. Fletcher was so obviously a disaster from the start, but then he was a "political" appointment, and as such, naïve new boy Brent and his yes men couldn't and wouldn't back down. Sheridan's input has been 200% better than Fletcher's, but the club only just scraped it at the bottom of L2. Holloway's loan to us of Banton was the key difference, not Sheridan.
The club need a shot in the arm and a philosophy, not an escape artist. With more divisive stuff to come from a deeply divided club and fan base, the club needs a new manager who has some authority and who can unite. It also needs a CEO and chair of proven EXPERIENCE. I hate to say the silence on that is deafening and I suspect the club will be getting nothing of the sort.. in fact, I detect manoeuvrings that do not bode well for the immediate future. Amateur night. James Brent's Big Society. Watch this space ................ if you can be bothered.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Jonnie Shez, thankyou....   Jonnie Shez, thankyou.... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 6:05 pm

Sheridan signed Banton Penz, so surely when an inspired signing comes off, the gaffer deserves the plaudits.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jonnie Shez, thankyou....   Jonnie Shez, thankyou.... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 6:09 pm

Plaudits from me, its like saying that Rooney is the reason Man Utd are winners not furgeson. Im not suggesting that Shezza is Fergy mind.

an, feck off Ollie. Very Happy

Last edited by Iggy on Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Jonnie Shez, thankyou....   Jonnie Shez, thankyou.... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 6:10 pm

Did he though or did Holloway say ere Shez I got a boy here who could help you out of the cack that you find yourself in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jonnie Shez, thankyou....   Jonnie Shez, thankyou.... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 6:11 pm

So, did Holloway give Sheridan a heads up, or did Sheridan set out to nail his man from the off ?
It sounded to me like a favour, Csarky, and one he could ill afford by the way he quickly recalled him. Having said that, Sheridan's additions in general were far superior to Fletcher's, but then that wasn't difficult given the exceptional individual's exceptional capabilities.
I wonder how many other exceptional individuals lay within the Argyle set-up , just waiting and quietly nudging and pushing for their big chance.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Jonnie Shez, thankyou....   Jonnie Shez, thankyou.... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 6:19 pm

That's a bit of a Lol. Ollie the philanthropist loves Argyle so much, he urges Shez to take Banton - then takes him back when we're in the shit and doesn't even put him in the squad for the next game. Very Happy

Na, credit Shez I'd say.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Jonnie Shez, thankyou....   Jonnie Shez, thankyou.... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 6:33 pm

worried of penzance wrote:
I'm not so sure. Fletcher was so obviously a disaster from the start, but then he was a "political" appointment, and as such, naïve new boy Brent and his yes men couldn't and wouldn't back down. Sheridan's input has been 200% better than Fletcher's, but the club only just scraped it at the bottom of L2. Holloway's loan to us of Banton was the key difference, not Sheridan.
The club need a shot in the arm and a philosophy, not an escape artist. With more divisive stuff to come from a deeply divided club and fan base, the club needs a new manager who has some authority and who can unite. It also needs a CEO and chair of proven EXPERIENCE. I hate to say the silence on that is deafening and I suspect the club will be getting nothing of the sort.. in fact, I detect manoeuvrings that do not bode well for the immediate future. Amateur night. James Brent's Big Society. Watch this space ................ if you can be bothered.

I will add my thanks to Sheridan who has done a magnificent job. Sheridan was the difference Penz - just look at the form guide since he took office.

With the right Manager, the right CEO AND the right budget a Chairman with proven experience is superfluous. Let the CEO run the Club and the Manager run the team. The last thing I want to see is a vacuum through May and June. Both positions must be filled within the next 3 -4 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Jonnie Shez, thankyou....   Jonnie Shez, thankyou.... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 6:40 pm

Definitely credit to Sheridan,can't agree with Penz on this one.Although the signing of Banton was a key one,equally so were the signings of Cox,Bryan and Branston.Argyle were much better organised and committed under Sheridan as well-basically Sheridan carried out a Pulis/Beattie type escape job and used his experience and knowledge to underpin it from a desperate situation.Sheridan has pedigree in this division as well,having won it a couple of years ago with Chesterfield,i'd be very happy to see him sign a two year contract and have the budget to make some permanent signings as he sees fit during the summer.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Jonnie Shez, thankyou....   Jonnie Shez, thankyou.... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 6:41 pm

Cheers Shezza, feck off the old football advisers from the director's box and start afresh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jonnie Shez, thankyou....   Jonnie Shez, thankyou.... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 6:43 pm

Frightening really - a point and goal difference from the drop at the end of the season and that after Sheridan turned it around. pale
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Jonnie Shez, thankyou....   Jonnie Shez, thankyou.... EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 1:05 am

I'm with the majority on this one. I agree with Penz that we need a philosophy to run through the club to stop this culture of gaffes and shoddiness that's developed so much but I can't see that that has too much to do with the manager. Much better eye for players, better tactics, better coaching. I don't think it's just Banton either- and for the (admittedly large) part that was Banton, Sheridan must take some of the thanks. Not to mention Shez's CV at his other clubs which has seen us win this league and a JPT, plus do a better job at Oldham than any other manager before or since in the last decade.

Thanks a lot JS, please stay!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Jonnie Shez, thankyou....   Jonnie Shez, thankyou.... EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 2:16 am

Yea Man wrote:
He's done a bleddy good job to be fair.

Shame he wasn't appointed sooner in the season, could be a totally different story right now.

Agree to that 100%...
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Jonnie Shez, thankyou....   Jonnie Shez, thankyou.... EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 10:46 am

Football League show last night 100% certain certain said "hopefully WE can kick on next season", thie firts time i have heard him say we rather than they.

Could be a hint of him staying or he just coined a phrase.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jonnie Shez, thankyou....   Jonnie Shez, thankyou.... EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 10:51 am

I thought that as well, we are about 1 hour 20 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Jonnie Shez, thankyou....   Jonnie Shez, thankyou.... EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 10:58 am

Thanks John Sheridan. A rare thing at HP these days- a competent professional. But I think he's history. Probably knows what's coming next season in terms of 'support' from brent and his useless 'board' of shite and thinks there's far better opportunities elsewhere. And I don't blame him.

Goodbye and good luck Sheridan
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Jonnie Shez, thankyou....   Jonnie Shez, thankyou.... EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 11:00 am

He wouldn't have wanted to manage in the Conference, which is why there's been uncertainty about will he/won't he/he'll be off etc. blah blah.

If he was keen enough to come to us mid-season when our position was perilous, he'll be keen to have a crack at a full season from the start, with a proper pre-season and his own choice of squad additions.

I'm 99% sure he'll be here next year, barring a Brentesque butchering of the budget.
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: Jonnie Shez, thankyou....   Jonnie Shez, thankyou.... EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 11:22 am

Sign Sheridan up now.
He is the reason we were not relegated.

Sign him up today. Now!!!!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Jonnie Shez, thankyou....   Jonnie Shez, thankyou.... EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 11:29 am

Well I feel reassured by Sheridans approach, he came in in January and said he would keep us up and that we need at least 52 pts and he was spot on. Yesterday he said that if he stays, there would not be a repeat of this season and next season we will be in the top half for the league - pushing. Right now I believe him, that's good enough for me. Over to you J.B.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jonnie Shez, thankyou....   Jonnie Shez, thankyou.... EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 12:45 pm

I think shezza will stay, the bottom line is we are a big club in the lower leagues he wont get a bigger one at the moment, if the money budget and ambition is there shezz will stay, now we will see how much of a fan brent is if shez turns brent down it will be because of the budget and ambitions of the club nothing to do with the clubs location.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jonnie Shez, thankyou....   Jonnie Shez, thankyou.... EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 1:10 pm

I'm not sure how many points per game we averaged under Fletcher and then under Sheridan, and how that would average over an entire season but an added plaudit is the fact that this season needed 52 points to stay up when on average a figure more like 46 or 47 would have sufficed.

Great stuff JS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jonnie Shez, thankyou....   Jonnie Shez, thankyou.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Jonnie Shez, thankyou....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next