Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Broadband provider without a phone line.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Broadband provider without a phone line. Empty
PostSubject: Broadband provider without a phone line.   Broadband provider without a phone line. EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 7:52 am

Is anyone on here getting their broadband without being tied to a packaged where you also have to pay phone-line rental? If so, do you have any recommendations?

The reason I ask is that I pay Virgin Mobile (EE) £18/month for my mobile. I get unlimited everything, i.e calls, texts, data, 0800 and all 0845 numbers included. I have absolutely no need for a land line. More importantly, I want to stop wasting £17/month for a phone line I now, never use. The problem is that most broadband suppliers tether your broadband/phone line/TV package into a bundle, and more often than not, it's more expensive for your broadband if you get rid of your phone line. In other words, a big fookin con.

I pay Virgin Media 32/month for my Broadband and Phone line rental (TV is with Sky). I called VM and asked how much/month my bill would be without the phone line. £46. affraid Apparently if I get rid of my phone line, I lose my customer loyalty discounts. What a load of shite. What a rip off.

As soon as my 12 month VM contract is up down here in my 23 room Cornish mansion, I'm telling VM to blow it out their arses.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Broadband provider without a phone line.   Broadband provider without a phone line. EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 8:09 am

If you ask about moving fully to Sky and hum and ha enough they will probably offer you a 12 month inducement. When I ditched my TV package I was persuaded to keep the basic pack for 6 months at half price. After I ditched that back in Jan (as I'm hardly in the country) they've given me my broadband for free for 12 months for keeping the landline. My stepdaughter and boyfriend still live in the house. My monthly bill is £26.40, but only as I've added the free calls overseas package for a tenner. Some destinations abroad are available on the anytime package for a fiver, but not South Africa.

As an aside when I finally cancelled all my TV, I expected a fight to go, they merrily complied. Then after a week the serious offers came rolling in, they couldn't understand why I wasn't snapping their hand off and one guy eventually said "what do we have to offer to get you back". On my rare excursions to the UK I now use NOW TV if there's some sporting event I REALLY want to watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Broadband provider without a phone line.   Broadband provider without a phone line. EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 10:19 am

With talk talk I get unlimited broadband, unlimited calls plus some mobile calls and it costs me just over £20/month, broadband is shite though. It amazes me that BT will send decent broadband down the same line that talk talk struggle with, my theory is that BT are allowed to feck it up for them so you come back to them. Trouble is with BT, worst customer service I've ever encountered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broadband provider without a phone line.   Broadband provider without a phone line. Empty

Back to top Go down

Broadband provider without a phone line.
Page 1 of 1