The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Windows Phone 8

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Windows Phone 8 Empty
PostSubject: Windows Phone 8   Windows Phone 8 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 1:08 pm

Ok, so my trusty old Blackberry is on it's last legs. Crying or Very sad . My 9105 has been a trusty servant for 5 years. never let me down, never run out of battery like these frikin huge screen thingy's you get now. My email come through everytime, calls are loud and crisp and clear. All-in-all a reliable old steed - until now.

I won't bore you with the details, well, I think I may have done that already.clown, I'm now in the market for a new phone. Any suggestions from any ATD technophiles?

I don't want anything from apple. I wouldn't have one of their products if you called it Mary and crammed it up my arse, coated in fairy liquid and hundreds of thousands. I don't like Android, and I don't like the new Blackberrys with their new BB10 operating system. I don't like De-Lar.....oops, sorry, I was off one then!clown 

What do you think of Windows phones?

Back to top Go down

Windows Phone 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Phone 8   Windows Phone 8 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 1:32 pm

Are you on virgin? They've got the Nokia Lumias for £16-18 a month. If you like Blackberry, you probably like buttons as opposed to touchscreens... get another Blackberry.
I'd go Android if I were you though - look at Sony handsets.

I hate mobile phones - they're way overpriced.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Windows Phone 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Phone 8   Windows Phone 8 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 1:35 pm

Three all one can eat and HTC One, lovely phone, lovely clear calls, perfick.

My two neighbours have the Windows phone, they hate it.
Back to top Go down

Windows Phone 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Phone 8   Windows Phone 8 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 3:08 pm

Did they elaborate why they hated it, Seadog?
Back to top Go down

Windows Phone 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Phone 8   Windows Phone 8 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 3:16 pm

hairy j wrote:
Are you on virgin? They've got the Nokia Lumias for £16-18 a month. If you like Blackberry, you probably like buttons as opposed to touchscreens... get another Blackberry.
I'd go Android if I were you though - look at Sony handsets.

I hate mobile phones - they're way overpriced.
I'm on Tesco Mobile, hairy. They piggy-back onto the o2 network. I thought about another Blackberry but the ones I like are getting harder to get brand new. If you go to the usual suspects, there's no guarantee they are new.

What ever phone I get will have to be sim-free. I never get involved with these 12 or 18 months contracts. My Tesco Mobile contract is a rolling 1 month contract. I did like th look of the new LG G2 with the huge battery, but that's bleddy Android, init!

Oh I don't know. You're right. I hate mobile phones too.
Back to top Go down

Windows Phone 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Phone 8   Windows Phone 8 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 5:00 pm

Not a techno geek by any means, just a normal user but my work phone is a galaxy note II. I love it. Clear screen, easy to sort emails, ability to save business notes and bugger me backwards it's got a phone affraid 
Back to top Go down

Windows Phone 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Phone 8   Windows Phone 8 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 5:12 pm

Yup, get a Samsung Galaxy, it's cheap compared to most and probably better. I have had the Apple stuff and it's overpriced and over restricted rubbish.
Back to top Go down

Windows Phone 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Phone 8   Windows Phone 8 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 7:15 pm

GOB wrote:
Yup, get a Samsung Galaxy, it's cheap compared to most and probably better. I have had the Apple stuff and it's overpriced and over restricted rubbish.
Yeh but that's bleddy Android init, Gob. I don't like the Android operating system.
Back to top Go down

Windows Phone 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Phone 8   Windows Phone 8 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 7:36 pm

You don't like Apple, you don't like android, methinks youm slightly limiting yer choices bhey.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Jack Sheppard on Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Windows Phone 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Phone 8   Windows Phone 8 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 7:41 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
GOB wrote:
Yeh but that's bleddy Android init, Gob. I don't like the Android operating system.
Operating system....? What does that mean?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Windows Phone 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Phone 8   Windows Phone 8 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 7:53 pm

Sony Ericsson Xperia Z1, amazing phone but will cost a few quid SIM free.

And it's an android phone, but is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

Windows Phone 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Phone 8   Windows Phone 8 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 9:04 pm

can it dig argo out of this pit weve been in for 5 years? that would make it amazing Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
seadog
Admin

Windows Phone 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Phone 8   Windows Phone 8 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 10:42 pm

They hate the operating system, going back to HTC.
Back to top Go down

Windows Phone 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Phone 8   Windows Phone 8 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 6:35 am

seadog wrote:
They hate the operating system, going back to HTC.
Ok, thanks SD. Looks like a trip to the Carphone Warehouse today.
Back to top Go down

Windows Phone 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Phone 8   Windows Phone 8 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 10:02 am

I have just found out there's no Barclays app for Windows phone! Forget Windows phone. Now I'm buggered, init?
Back to top Go down

Windows Phone 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Phone 8   Windows Phone 8 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 10:50 am

How about this POI?

Barclays app for android

Trust me, get a Samsung!
Back to top Go down

Windows Phone 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Phone 8   Windows Phone 8 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 10:55 am

Ummm (rubs chin). Still bleddy Android init. Perhaps I'll just have to give in and give Android another go. Not happy about it though, FFS.pig
Back to top Go down

Windows Phone 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Phone 8   Windows Phone 8 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 11:05 am

I had an iphone, it lasted just under 12 months with problems with it throughout those 12 months. I replaced it with another iphone and had pretty much all the same problems and it lasted about the same length of time. You have to use Apple software that is designed to run with the Apple system, a system that most computer users don't have.

I have had my Samsung Galaxy for several years and not had a single problem. It's been dropped, dumped in water and it even fell off the bike at speed and it still works fine. It's dead simple to connect up to any system and the yanks don't like to use it to spy on you. It's the best!
Back to top Go down

Windows Phone 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Phone 8   Windows Phone 8 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 6:43 pm

Why don't you like the android system?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Windows Phone 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Phone 8   Windows Phone 8 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 7:17 pm

I like my Windows Huawei Ascend. £14/month on O2, free phone, does what I need it to (ie call, text, email) along with a few useful bits I don't (bank, SkySports app, twatter, music etc).
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

Windows Phone 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Phone 8   Windows Phone 8 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 2:05 pm

mcfry wrote:
It's fokin crap init mheet.

Seriously - unless you 'root' the phone it's full of bloatware. A friend of mine bought a new Galaxy S4. It was full of crap you will never use. Typical Samsung and typical Android. That's why I loved the older Blackberry's. There were so many 3rd party programs written by enthusiasts, you could virtually strip-out or customise it to your heart's content.

Perhaps I need to move on - tis only a bleddy phone, init?
Back to top Go down

Windows Phone 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Phone 8   Windows Phone 8 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 3:43 pm

Jeeeezus H christ on a surf board. Look what Carphone Warehouse are selling...............

The Brick is back!!!Laughing 
Back to top Go down

Windows Phone 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Phone 8   Windows Phone 8 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 10:01 pm

mcfry wrote:
It's fokin crap init mheet.

Seriously - unless you 'root' the phone it's full of bloatware. A friend of mine bought a new Galaxy S4. It was full of crap you will never use. Typical Samsung and typical Android. That's why I loved the older Blackberry's. There were so many 3rd party programs written by enthusiasts, you could virtually strip-out or customise it to your heart's content.

Perhaps I need to move on - tis only a bleddy phone, init?
lol I know what you mean. I managed to grab a samsung s2 a mate was throwing out because it didn't work properly. I fixed it after some research, rooted it and installed a new kernel and os cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Windows Phone 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Phone 8   Windows Phone 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Windows Phone 8
Page 1 of 1