Les Miserable
seadog
lawnmowerman
Tgwu
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off Empty
PostSubject: Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off   Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 5:59 am

Plymouth Argyle investigate problem with telephone ticketing that is costing fans money

PLYMOUTH Argyle are investigating a problem with their ticket office line, which may have increased the time fans have spent on hold.

Members of the Green Army who have spent more time on hold could have also incurred larger costs as a result.

During that time other callers have gone straight through to a member of staff, having spent little, if any, time on hold.

The Pilgrims say they make no money from the 0845 ticket line number and calls from a landline are usually charged at a local rate or are free in some packages.

However in his column today Argyle chief executive Martyn Starnes has admitted that mobile phone owners may have been affected and that they are addressing the matter.

James Richards, who has been supporting Argyle for 25 years, was affected by the issue when trying to get tickets for the home match against Northampton Town.

Not only did the 34-year-old get disconnected on a number of occasions, £8.47 was added to his bill.

"It is very annoying, at no time are you told about how much it's costing," said Richards.

"That's a lot of money extra to the price of a ticket.

"Even worse is the fact that I didn't even get to speak to anyone and should have just bought it online like I ended up doing.

"Usually I use the website but this time I wanted a specific seat, because we were a ticket short, so we could all sit together.

Another fan, who wished to be anonymous, claims £15 was added to her phone bill after being on hold for 30 minutes.

Like Richards, the 22-year-old was then disconnected before speaking to anyone at the club.

"I was on hold for about 30 minutes and 15 quid was added to my bill.

"When they answered they disconnected the call and I never tried calling them again.

"It doesn't say on the call how much it will be a minute, where as if it did I wouldn't have called at all."

Starnes addresses the issue directly in his column, and said that the club are doing their best to solve the issue.

He said: "Some supporters have been holding the line for long periods of time and have been charged for the privilege by the carrier.

"Other callers have connected immediately and it appears they may have effectively but inadvertently jumped the queue.

"This is not something we want to see and we are conducting a review of our telephone systems.

"The club doesn't derive any income from the 0845 ticket line number and calls from a landline are usually charged at a local rate or are free in some packages.

"However, I'm aware that charges from a mobile can be quite expensive and this isn't satisfactory from the club's perspective.

"We want our supporters to be able to purchase their tickets with a minimum of cost, fuss and waiting time.

"We hope to be in a position to improve the service in due course but we may have some contractual issues to deal with before that can be achieved."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off   Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 6:04 am

I love stories like this. It shows that the club really care about the fans getting ripped off by outside agencies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off   Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 4:48 pm

Yeah it is expensive. Called the ticket office off my mobile once and never again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off   Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 4:59 pm

no doubt excuses are being lined up as we speak that blames fans rather than the staff playing in the admin era.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off   Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 6:28 pm

Yet another corporate rip off where the audit trail is a licence to print money until they're found out.
Again, Michael Eavis of Glastonbury is one of a very very few who cares enough for his customers to make sure such ticketing scams are kept to a minimum.

I'm quite sure the club aren't getting the £8 quid odd extra, but that doesn't excuse them from not doing due diligence on behalf of their own loyal fans. The same excuse is given by the club with the out of house catering prices. Not good enough. Rip off stadium Britain, where you can't even trust using your own phone. It's a culture that needs exposing.
Cash at the point of delivery is the only contract you can make a fair judgement on, and yet the club do everything to dissuade you from paying that way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off   Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 6:37 am

My wife fumed when she quizzed a collective £27 mobile charge on a 0845 number in December - one guess who's number it was!!!!!! That £20 odd Newport ticket cost best part of 50!! So Starnes is doing his best to address the issue? Poorly run and aloof affair as ever up HP!!!!!
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off   Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 7:12 am

Why have a 0845 number anyway. Whats wrong with having a local number starting with (01752). If they did it would be free for landlines and mobiles.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off   Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 8:00 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off   Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 8:02 am

[quote="seadog"][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[/quot

FFs Seadog, TIGHTEN UP, that page dont exist anymore
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off   Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 4:35 pm

He's all at sea, poor sod.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off   Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 5:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As usual the half a job mods cant do anything correct. Very Happy but the full jobs one can
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off   Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 7:23 pm

Thanks Lawny, good job you know whats going on.

You cant rely on muppet mods like me and Seadog
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off   Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 8:16 pm

As if more proof were needed just how frightened anyone is on Pasoti of saying anything anti Brent, this outrageous mobile phone ticketing scandal was referred to 3 days ago on that self admitted official club fans' forum, and just one person has had the "courage" to reply, saying "glad it's being investigated". Very Happy jocolor
Maybe a few posts have been removed tout suite. Who knows, and who cares over there anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off   Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 8:28 pm

A forum where you aren't allowed both sides of a debate, they should win an award or two, it's proper outside the box, ahead of its time nerdulence.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off   Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 8:35 pm

Everyone's made welcome on pasoti, even foxy(terraces only). He likes to tell them what he's had for tea every night geek
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off   Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 8:55 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
As if more proof were needed just how frightened anyone is on Pasoti of saying anything anti Brent, this outrageous mobile phone ticketing scandal was referred to 3 days ago on that self admitted official club fans' forum, and just one person has had the "courage" to reply, saying  "glad it's being investigated".  Very Happy  jocolor
Maybe a few posts have been removed tout suite. Who knows, and who cares over there anymore.

Most odd, but thats brents forum for you......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off   Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 9:09 pm

I have sent the relevant part of my mobile bill to the club, showing a 35min wait that got cut off and a subsequent 36min call which I think got answered - the costs were £13.28 & £14.18, I think in any walk of life this is outrageous!!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off   Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 9:13 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Everyone's made welcome on pasoti, even foxy(terraces only). He likes to tell them what he's had for tea every night geek

Jesus, is that the same fucktard we have to endure on here?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off   Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 9:20 pm

Shore is.....spag bol tongue
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off   Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 9:35 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
I have sent the relevant part of my mobile bill to the club, showing a 35min wait that got cut off and a subsequent 36min call which I think got answered - the costs were £13.28 & £14.18, I think in any walk of life this is outrageous!!

Dear oh dear Bandy. 1 hour 11 mins and a £28 phone bill to buy a ticket to a 4th division football match, I feel for you mate, you either deserve a medal or a doctors appointment. If you can't make it to the ticket office buying online seems to be the only way to avoid being shafted #fanscluboftheyear Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off   Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 9:40 pm

Bandwagon wrote:

Be interesting to see if the club offer their share of the charge back to you? I wonder what that amount is?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off   Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 9:41 pm

wife says doctors appointment
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off   Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 9:47 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:

Dear oh dear Bandy. 1 hour 11 mins and a £28 phone bill to buy a ticket to a 4th division football match, I feel for you mate, you either deserve a medal or a doctors appointment. If you can't make it to the ticket office buying online seems to be the only way to avoid being shafted #fanscluboftheyear Rolling Eyes
Moved to new build in Worcester 4 months ago, no phone or broadband till just before Xmas and only a poor reception mobile throughout - never realised the costings before but weary as fcuk now!!

Last edited by Bandwagon on Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off   Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 9:47 pm

The middle man is King.
Hello Bandy, we'll just put you through to Portsmouth Argyle, that'll be £28 please. We don't need the money today, that's just so tiresome, we'll send the bill to your direct debit account. You won't notice a thing. Glad to be of assistance. Here to feed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off   Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Argyle phone calls a Rip-off
Page 1 of 1