Tringreen
Czarcasm
Mock Cuncher
Freathy
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Right thats it- STOP  Empty
PostSubject: Right thats it- STOP    Right thats it- STOP  EmptyWed 04 Jan 2012, 23:27

I think we really should draw a line under everything.

Having spoken to Ian Newell when he rang me tonight ive come off the phone actually thinking he is an alright guy, Felt a bit sorry for him in that he has spent his evening keeping things out of the public that would get him in trouble with some pretty nasty characters, now i have a history for playing games on pasoti, getting reactions from people and generally being a nusense. I expect not many are happy with my contributions on here. YES I HAVE DONE SOME SILLY THINGS... but if i can vow to stop those games , others can vow to just concentrate on making ADT a good fun Plymouth Argyle football Fourm.

when all is said and done ... we all support plymouth argyle.. .some more than others .... but hey ho .... who cares

It should never get to the point where someone's personal saftey comes into play. So its with that i urge a stand off between pasoti and ADT lets play our part and do the decent thing. If pasoti don't follow suit, then it will be bad press for them.

But i really do think its time we rise above all this crap and just get on with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right thats it- STOP    Right thats it- STOP  EmptyWed 04 Jan 2012, 23:29

dane_b wrote:

Having spoken to Ian Newell when he rang me tonight ive come off the phone actually thinking he is an alright guy, Felt a bit sorry for him in that he has spent his evening keeping things out of the public that would get him in trouble with some pretty nasty characters, now i have a history for playing games on pasoti, getting reactions from people and generally being a nusense. I expect not many are happy with my contributions on here. YES I HAVE DONE SOME SILLY THINGS... but if i can vow to stop those games , others can vow to just concentrate on making ADT a good fun Plymouth Argyle football Fourm.

when all is said and done ... we all support plymouth argyle.. .some more than others .... but hey ho .... who cares

It should never get to the point where someone's personal saftey comes into play. So its with that i urge a stand off between pasoti and ADT lets play our part and do the decent thing. If pasoti don't follow suit, then it will be bad press for them.

But i really do think its time we rise above all this crap and just get on with it.

Hear hear !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right thats it- STOP    Right thats it- STOP  EmptyWed 04 Jan 2012, 23:32

greengenes wrote:
dane_b wrote:

Hear hear !

Seconded.

No matter what mine or anyone else's opinion is on Ian, his or anyone else's safety should not be put into question over a tit for tat spat between two forums. I've said a few things in the heat of the moment about him which in hindsight I probably shouldn't have but I would never wish for his safety to be in question.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right thats it- STOP    Right thats it- STOP  EmptyWed 04 Jan 2012, 23:43

That's a nice post Dane. Good on you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right thats it- STOP    Right thats it- STOP  EmptyWed 04 Jan 2012, 23:45

penzancepirate wrote:
That's a nice post Dane. Good on you.

are we as a forum going to act on it tho!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right thats it- STOP    Right thats it- STOP  EmptyWed 04 Jan 2012, 23:50

Yes good for you Dane.

Sometimes it pays to rise above those that torment, tonight has seen that from ATD users and your comments round off an evening of restraint and well mannered behavior of everyone using this site.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right thats it- STOP    Right thats it- STOP  EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 00:58

i want a phone call Sad

i refer to my post earlier today both admins need to talk to one another and put the issues to bed once and for all. shake hands and move on. ATD can still be ATD and pasoti can still be pasoti and none of the snidey comments to individuals.

better relations we dont have to be friends but it there is aline and it needs to drawn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right thats it- STOP    Right thats it- STOP  EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 01:07

It seems we have genuinely rattled the big gay bears on Pasoti.....not bad for a forum which according to somebody would never account to anything.
From PAFC Talk to Argyletalk to ATD , Pasoti will never be able to silence the sensible minority!!!

ATD ...A small island of sanity in a sea of Avivas jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right thats it- STOP    Right thats it- STOP  EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 01:08

I just think we are at the point where someone needs to make the first move and we should do so
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right thats it- STOP    Right thats it- STOP  EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 01:42

dane_b wrote:
I just think we are at the point where someone needs to make the first move and we should do so

dane i do agree with you and it should have been done YEARS AGO.

Its not like it hasn't been tried in the past. I know we tried it ourselves on pafctalk and Argyle talk. not privy to what you and paul millar did on pafctalk backstage to stop the bashing but i can assure folk on here that myself, PG and Pete worked hard to try and improve the reputation of AT that was being battered needlessly by IJN and friends even before tringreen, rickler and freathy joined it after they were banned on pasoti. why i never know to this day why we were getting murdered by paosti its not like AT was ever going to over take pasoti we just wanted to be a alternative forum that welcomed debate something that is still engraved in the ethos of ATD.

basically if we were a forum for sainted fans we would still have got the bad rep the censorship of our name and website because Rub of the greens was dying and they needed a new figure of fun. We even put into place that users were not allowed to attack pasoti UNLESS they were provoked in order to cut down on the pasoti bashing alas its hard to moderate that when the main 3 were kept getting ribbed on pasoti and i am not and i am sure pete pg too are not going to start banning folk in order to make another place happy. The point i am making is we tried then and it was spat in our faces and why simple because pasoti werent interested.

But as i keep saying its not fair to put motions in place to make for better relations on here when a few mostly ian are not willing to admit faults and apologises themselves.

if there is line to be drawn pasoti admin have to make some moves themselves. Peace is not a one way thing and i firmly believe that ATD admin would stick to a truce if pasoti admin agree to act and stick to it.

Its not hard in short its basically stop bitching about the other. i post on both always have (accept when holdfastogi banned me a few years ago for disagreeing with him over a joe calzaghe fight oddly enough) many should do too light and shade.

Last edited by Phenom on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 18:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Right thats it- STOP    Right thats it- STOP  EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 08:12

Agreed this has all gone a bit far and is getting unpleasant on both sides. We know this site is growing because it is an excellent alternative to the apparent stifled 'debate' on Pasoti. Let's just keep it at that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right thats it- STOP    Right thats it- STOP  EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 08:28

I agree Freathy but I still see a few issues owing to Webb and Newell demanding a decision making role, it ensures that Webb and Newell will be mentioned in a possibly negative contextand they appear to struggle with criticism and so the circle continues when they reduce everything to Personal insults and use pasoti as a tool to deliver it. But still, there are few sensible ones about on Pasoti so fIngers crossed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right thats it- STOP    Right thats it- STOP  EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 08:32

GOB wrote:
I agree Freathy but I still see a few issues owing to Webb and Newell demanding a decision making role, it ensures that Webb and Newell will be mentioned in a possibly negative contextand they appear to struggle with criticism and so the circle continues when they reduce everything to Personal insults and use pasoti as a tool to deliver it. But still, there are few sensible ones about on Pasoti so fIngers crossed.

If you know of anyone sensible on Pasoti GOB, have a word with them about responding to my e-mail, or the shit will start all over again believe me.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Right thats it- STOP    Right thats it- STOP  EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 08:48

I'm never averse to a spot of PASOTI bashing, but does it have to be so boring and serious?

Back in the day it was very amusing reading people's accurate portrayals of PASOTI censorship, taking an intelligent and humourous moral high ground as Tony PASOTI's firm hand whinged and bickered about 'those vile scumbags' in an uber-serious manner.

This just didn't seem very fun and too much dull mud was 'slung' from this site for my liking. Usually we provoke them with intelligence, wait for their meathead simpleton reaction, point out some irony or back-pedalling and then snigger together at it.

If we're going to 'snipe' (TM PASOTI), then can we do so in a smug way plz.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Right thats it- STOP    Right thats it- STOP  EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 08:52

Mock Cuncher wrote:
I'm never averse to a spot of PASOTI bashing, but does it have to be so boring and serious?

Back in the day it was very amusing reading people's accurate portrayals of PASOTI censorship, taking an intelligent and humourous moral high ground as Tony PASOTI's firm hand whinged and bickered about 'those vile scumbags' in an uber-serious manner.

This just didn't seem very fun and too much dull mud was 'slung' from this site for my liking. Usually we provoke them with intelligence, wait for their meathead simpleton reaction, point out some irony or back-pedalling and then snigger together at it.

Give this man a big fat cigar.

Spot on, Mock.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Right thats it- STOP    Right thats it- STOP  EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 08:59

Czarcasm wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

Give this man a big fat cigar.

Spot on, Mock.

Beaucoup de Calais !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right thats it- STOP    Right thats it- STOP  EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 09:39

So, was I wrong to post the link on there?

Was I also wrong to defend myself and show Ian to be a liar? I don't want this to become a playground tiff, but he did start it by trying to take the thread off topic and personally attacking me.

For what it's worth, I don't feel as though I did anything wrong at all last night, unless somebody wants to tell me different?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right thats it- STOP    Right thats it- STOP  EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 09:47

Cerbera wrote:
So, was I wrong to post the link on there?

Was I also wrong to defend myself and show Ian to be a liar? I don't want this to become a playground tiff, but he did start it by trying to take the thread off topic and personally attacking me.

For what it's worth, I don't feel as though I did anything wrong at all last night, unless somebody wants to tell me different?

Not me Cerbera, I thought what you did was spot on and I was pleasantly surprised to see the amount of responses from Pasoti users who felt able to voice their concerns about how Pasoti was run/moderated, and all in all I think it showed Ian Newell for what he is. Claims were made, those claims were denied, proof was shown, Mr Newell got all arsey and was questioned by Pasoti members until the thread was suspended and some posts deleted. I'll buy you a pint if we ever meet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right thats it- STOP    Right thats it- STOP  EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 09:51

And also several Pasoti users questioning Chris Webb's comments and how he posts with one tone on Pasoti, and then comes on here and posts in a completely different aggressive manner, and questioning how he can continue to post one minute as Chris Webb celebrity Argyle superfan, and the next as Chris Webb, Club President. It was heartening to see that we are not alone in our mindset. It also showed that the other Pasoti mods will circle the wagons and stick up for him no matter, and was fun to see in writing that any post that had ADT in it would be automatically moved/deleted.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Right thats it- STOP    Right thats it- STOP  EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 10:00

Posting the link was correct and fine. Do what you like, who am I to tell anyone what to do. Me, I'd have left it there and allowed them to stew in their own confusion. Each to their own, mind - I can understand those feeling the need to defend themselves. I've never done so myself but having seen it plenty of times, getting into an argument with Newell is pointless, he's far too thick for reasoned debate.

I wasn't aiming at anyone specifically tbh, anyway. Just the general tone of debate really. I didn't even get to read the PASOTI thread, though I found it funny how a site which claims to encourage debate and opinion, strips down any thread with any real debate to a quarter of it's original content. Lest we offend anyone, of course.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Right thats it- STOP    Right thats it- STOP  EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 11:12

I think that posting the link was the right thing to do, I am surprised that it stayed there tbh. I was out last night so I didn't enter into the debate but I have seen this coming for a long time. I am hoping that after last night that you will be able to post a link to ATD, lets not give them reason to stop this by making personal attacks on people. I am quite pleased of the stand that I took by posting the Exeweb post (after seeing it being removed when Greenjock posted it) and arguing for it to be replaced when a mod. removed it. Before this point there definitely was a policy to delete posts that mentioned this site and I think this has now changed.
I think that real ground has been made in the fact that a lot of pasoti posters have read this site now and realise that not everybody is a personally mod. hating lunatic. The need for this site is overwhelming, which was proved by me asking a question of Brent yesterday and not being told that I was like a spoilt child who didn't like his Crimbo pressie. Me and IJN (no we are not the same person, honest Knecht) have never got on and probably never will, but I have always managed to exist in the same cyber space as he has. I know that I don't have the history that a lot of you have with him but, he isn't going to apologise for his part and I wouldn't have thought that any of the mudslingers here are either, sometimes it is better to just move on, nod at each other in passing and get on with your lives.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right thats it- STOP    Right thats it- STOP  EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 11:39

As it happens Iggy, I emailed Ian this morning and apologised for posting the contents of 'that' email. I have been open and honest with him and asked him to draw a line under everything that has gone before and even if we cannot agree, at least be civil to each other.

What happens next is very much 'the ball is in his court'.

I would post the contents of the email on here, but until he has had the opportunity to reply, I think this would be unfair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right thats it- STOP    Right thats it- STOP  EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 12:17

But bear baiting is fun lol! pig jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right thats it- STOP    Right thats it- STOP  EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 12:51

I thought the debate was good. I thought you were absolutely, unquestionably right to post the link. I too was intrigued at the number of varying degrees of critical comments by not the usual suspects. I thought the insults were a pity - most of them coming from the upper echelons of pasoti.

...... and then today history has been sanitised. And the reason ...... "PASOTI remains a site for the discussion of matters relating to Plymouth Argyle Football Club . I despair!

But let's put it away and move on into a world where we can all love one another, where old rivalries are put behind us, where we can be aware of the past but look forward to a future burgeoning with new hopes and aspirations, where the lion sits with the lamb, where we are united in striving for that happy land where all people are free and creed, colour, gender, sexual orientation, hair colour, penis size, breast size, height, hirsuteness, country of origin, what car we drive, whether we have stripes on our lawns are mere whimsy in that great future where Argyle takes its rightful place (or even better than that - as Chill has just posted on pasoti) in the pantheon of footballing legends.

Actually, I've always argued for that but sometimes it's hard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Right thats it- STOP    Right thats it- STOP  EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 12:55

funny man wrote:
But let's put it away and move on into a world where we can all love one another, where old rivalries are put behind us, where we can be aware of the past but look forward to a future burgeoning with new hopes and aspirations, where the lion sits with the lamb, where we are united in striving for that happy land where all people are free and creed, colour, gender, sexual orientation, hair colour, penis size, breast size, height, hirsuteness, country of origin, what car we drive, whether we have stripes on our lawns are mere whimsy in that great future where Argyle takes its rightful place (or even better than that - as Chill has just posted on pasoti) in the pantheon of footballing legends.

He shoots, he scores ... YESSSSS!!!

flower flower flower flower flower

One thing, though. I still think the person who started all this in the first place should own up and apologise. You were brave enough to do it, now be brave enough to admit it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Right thats it- STOP    Right thats it- STOP  Empty

Back to top Go down

Right thats it- STOP
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next