Les Miserable
sufferedsince 68
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 5:37 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Quote: 'I'm unaware of anyone ever being banned from PASOTI for simply having a different view from anyone else. Trolling and rule breaking yes. '

Shocked    laugh

X throbber knows nool will be reading, so he thought some serious bum licking might save him from "logging in difficulties" X throbber is the true captain Wankspasm.
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 5:44 pm

Angry wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
The pisspot owner do not believe you. onto70

IJN

Post subject: Re: Re: O'Connor returns to Ewood for now
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:52 pm

Or it could all be a load of bollox.

Problem is when rumours are concocted on Twitter, Facebook or elsewhere and then some quotes that rumour, it becomes a series of internet facts.

Coming from him that is quite amusing

Especially when porkies FACTS get shot down in flames regular as clockwork!
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 5:49 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Quote: 'I'm unaware of anyone ever being banned from PASOTI for simply having a different view from anyone else. Trolling and rule breaking yes. '

Shocked    laugh

X throbber knows nool will be reading, so he thought some serious bum licking might save him from "logging in difficulties" X throbber is the true captain Wankspasm.

Seriously delusional, more twists and turns than one of his Agatha Christie novels.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 6:58 pm

Down on Napoleon's farm, 'trolling' is the charge for not agreeing with the party line and as for 'breaking the rules', the co owner has been shown to have broken all the rules.

Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Shocked    laugh

....or it could just be that was my own opinion on things of course Wink

Ian and I have never, shall we say, been the greatest fans of each other, studious observers will know that. But, unlike he and most on here (some of you really do share similar traits to him), I don't hold grudges and prefer a live and let live outlook.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn though eh, think what you like though, you normally do Laughing
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 2:31 pm

X Isle wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Shocked    laugh

Ian and I have never, shall we say, been the greatest fans of each other, studious observers will know that. But, unlike he and most on here (some of you really do share similar traits to him), I don't hold grudges and prefer a live and let live outlook.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn though eh, think what you like though, you normally do Laughing

Like you do yourself!

You've got previous mate which makes you a hypocrite of the highest order -

"I don't hold grudges and prefer a live and let live outlook."

You was in bed with porky and his mates when Brent came on the scene and i noted you did not like anyone with an alternative view about speccy or the proposed mini stand as it was, resorting to calling all opponents "shouties!"

Live and let live?

Now, you cannot admit you backed the wrong horse, the more observant of us note your worm is slowly turning bit by bit - you don't fool anyone on here pal!!!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 3:00 pm

All the Presidents Men wrote:
X Isle wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Shocked    laugh

Like you do yourself!

You was in bed with porky and his mates when Brent came on the scene and i noted you did not like anyone with an alternative view about speccy or the proposed mini stand as it was, resorting to calling all opponents "shouties!"

Live and let live?

Now, you cannot admit you backed the wrong horse, the more observant of us note your worm is slowly turning bit by bit - you don't fool anyone on here pal!!!

They both still blame apathetic janners for not consistently turning out in their droves for championship football, when the reality is that it takes top flight exposure to cement a fanbase. Clubs like Reading, Hull, Swansea, Cardiff, Bristol City, were no better supported like for like than Argyle in the championship, as  Greenskin has the patience to provide evidence for, regularly on the farm. I can almost understand the deceitful,bullying but essentially thick and self promoting porcine one, not understanding this fundamental fact Shocked
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 3:40 pm

All the Presidents Men wrote:
X Isle wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Shocked    laugh

Like you do yourself!

Live and let live?

Like you do yourself! - Yep, i'm capable of independent thought and use it to form my own opinions.

You've got previous mate which makes you a hypocrite of the highest order - Nope but i'll indulge your fantasy. I've got a wee bit of time this afternoon, let's have a look see then....

"I don't hold grudges and prefer a live and let live outlook." - Yes indeedy.

You was in bed with porky and his mates when Brent came on the scene and i noted you did not like anyone with an alternative view about speccy or the proposed mini stand as it was, resorting to calling all opponents "shouties!".

I've never been 'in bed' with any poster (literally or contextually). Sometimes people agree with me, sometimes they don't. For every convergence of opinion with Ian Newell over the right horse to back during administration or getting a grandstand built there's a bitch-fest of disagreement over shirt colours and other 'club traditions'. You choose to dwell on some things yet conveniently forget others.

I don't recall many, if any, people lobbying for AFC Heaney/Ridsdale or the Tory councillor once the three amigos let JB into their tidy little 'closed shop takeover' bid so there was no-one to 'fall out' with. The Anti Brent lobby has, IMHO, been highly retrospective and revisionist, a 20/20 hindsight re-imagining to try and make Hobson's choice look like a bad choice.

As for the Grandstand, yes, some folk were "shouties", the same short sweeping blanket statements on every thread. Those notions of the somehow mahoosive 'size' of Argyle's support were slam-dunk countered with solid gold facts showing just how piss-pot our actual levels of support are and have been both in the last decade and decades before that. I'm articulate, it's a curse, consequently I respect articulate reasoned argument contrary to my own over ignorant comments that take no account of reasoned argument or evidence to the contrary. Name calling is the last bastion of the defeated argument to me. Big wows I called some inarticulate 'stuck record' posters 'Shouty', hardly going to trouble the Public Order Act there am I Laughing

But how exactly does that equate to failing to 'live and let live'. Were those one trick pony posters likely to stop?, no. Do I bother myself 'not liking' them?, no, people rarely get under my skin these days and I can't hold a grudge longer than I can hold my breath. D'ya think i'd be here if that weren't the case? It's called debate, and far too many get far too personally affronted by people holding alternate views but i'm not one of them. I'll argue against it, passionately if I feel strongly enough, but that's healthy.

Live and let live? - Yep.

Now, you cannot admit you backed the wrong horse, the more observant of us note your worm is slowly turning bit by bit - you don't fool anyone on here pal!!

I didn't back the wrong horse, I backed the right horse of three, the only horse that remains in the absence of an alternative (see signature to save repeating my position, not that you'd ever respect my right [or motive] to hold an alternative opinion). I call things as I see them at any given time, times can change. One man's 'worm slowly turning' is another man's right of reflective re-assessment.

Besides, what do you want from me? When I stick to my honestly held beliefs and I'm "intransigent" but if I re-assess something and find it wanting i'm a "worm" that's turning and trying to 'fool' people. Can't win there can I, not that a) you'd ever give me any credit either way anyway and b) I'm not overtly bothered what opinion you have of me, I'm my own man and do my own thing as I'm sure you are too.

Predictable responses of "yawn" anticipated but why not try something new today, why not actually read it and actually absorb my points. You don't have to agree with it but you might just inch closer to one day respecting another's right to hold a different view.
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 3:41 pm

[quote="Tringreen"][quote="All the Presidents Men"][quote="X Isle"][quote="sufferedsince 68"]
Tringreen wrote:
Quote: 'I'm unaware of anyone ever being

They both still blame apathetic janners for not consistently turning out in their droves for championship football, when the reality is that it takes top flight exposure to cement a fanbase. Clubs like Reading, Hull, Swansea, Cardiff, Bristol City, were no better supported like for like than Argyle in the championship, as  Greenskin has the patience to provide evidence for, regularly on the farm. I can almost understand the deceitful,bullying but essentially thick and self promoting porcine one, not understanding this fundamental fact Shocked

But they did turn out, i for one found it a buzz to be in 17-19k crowds, there is no argument against our crowds in the 1st few seasons back, they forget to mention that Argo did not invest while we had great and latterly good crowds - as per- Argyle let the train leave the station with thousands of fans drifting away because fans could see we had no real effort at doing better than mid table, truly village.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 3:44 pm

It's the way that you shamelessly pushed Brent's credentials of "honesty, openess, integrity and morality" that stuck in my craw and even now you can't admit that you were wrong, we all saw you say those things, deny it all you like.
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 3:55 pm

Your reply is comedy gold! You are so transparent.

xy, you truly are fecking hard work and selective in your observations too, you should be a lecturer!

Tory boy wasn't given a chance, but he was good enough for postey amongst others, porky and webbys pfair playing field was akin to Yeovils famous old sloping pitch!

We won't wait for your apology on backing speccy, you're the sort of character who can never be wrong!, despite your recent stealth like slip out of dissent on speccy and his / your 4 word mantra openness, etc....!
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 4:19 pm

Iggy wrote:
It's the way that you shamelessly pushed Brent's credentials of "honesty, openess, integrity and morality" that stuck in my craw and even now you can't admit that you were wrong, we all saw you say those things, deny it all you like.

I don't seek to, as per my signature, written some time ago now to save repetition but you guys do insist on asking for it, try reading it.........

Post NWO I wanted transparency, openness, honesty and trust, who didn't? With the three amigo pre-ordained carve up we were presented with more smoke and mirrors than a fire in a bedroom furniture showroom. James Brent represented something better and I make absolutely no apologies for wanting him over the alternatives.

You make judgement calls on the facts in front of you and the instincts you have developed over time. To that end I backed the RIGHT horse, because however bad you think things are now, real or imagined (and there's a LOT of imagination on both sites!!) it's infinitely better than it would've been in year three of a Kevin Heaney and Peter Ridsdale tenure.

It's disappointed me that the transparency, openness, honesty and trust hasn't been to the gold standard it could and should have been. Undoubtedly. But am I supposed to impose some form of revisionist retrospective re-imagining of the relative merits of Heaney and Ridsdale?, liquidation even? Am I supposed to conclude that either of those choices were ACTUALLY better than James Brent?

As I said I have re-assessed those values (which incidentally were what *I* wanted, not a platform he stood on) and feel he has fallen short of what I was looking for.

That said he's given us more of the qualities I wanted in an owner than Heaney and Ridsdale ever did. Hence in the absence of an alternative he retains my, albeit diminished, support.

Difference is that I don't see that as being 'wrong', just disappointed.

What does befuddle me somewhat is why it's such a big deal to this site what opinions I have previously expressed or continue to hold. There seems to be a desperation to be proved 'right'. People can hold different opinions, intolerance of them, demands for apologies, just smacks of insecurity, nay immaturity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:18 pm

Say what you like but being able to admit you are wrong would be a start.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:25 pm

That's more like it - breaking down posts to hammer home specific perceived superiority and correctness - classic Xisle!

And then, worried and concerned at the fact that nobody gives a shit about the trademark santimonious tagline - quote it for everyone, in italics - classic Xisle!

Top marks for fully enhancing the rep. Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 9:13 pm

I didn't read it to be fair.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 9:51 pm

Iggy wrote:

Ditto............With regard the failed developer, it was obvious what the reluctant one was up to once he appointed and rewarded his jamboys and has stuck with them in the full knowledge of their behaviours.

He gets away without tiresome rejections and they get the keys to the sweet shop. Sad, destructive and amateur, in equal measure.

At least PCC have seen through him. Hopefully the local rag will follow.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 11:34 am

Iggy wrote:
Say what you like but being able to admit you are wrong would be a start.

I would if I considered I was wrong. Folk are entitled to their opinion that I was wrong but in order for me to do so *I* have to feel it, and I don't, as explained.

Iggy wrote:

Perhaps you should, all you naysayers, perhaps then you wouldn't de-rail threads by constantly bringing it up. You have your view, I have mine, why it can't be agreed to be disagreed upon I really don't know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 1:26 pm

The didn't read it comment was taking the piss I speed read it but I already know what you are going to say. The facts are that you championed Brent as a paragon of virtue and imbued him with all these worthy traits, we were told to trust Brent, you got it wrong and you won't admit it, no 500 word piece of prose will change that. Brent would have not had such an easy time asset stripping the club without the support of a few very vocal supporters and you were one of them.
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 1:52 pm

Iggy wrote:
The didn't read it comment was taking the piss I speed read it but I already know what you are going to say. The facts are that you championed Brent as a paragon of virtue and imbued him with all these worthy traits, we were told to trust Brent, you got it wrong and you won't admit it, no 500 word piece of prose will change that. Brent would have not had such an easy time asset stripping the club without the support of a few very vocal supporters and you were one of them.

I'd love to know how deeply he knew speccy to have eulogised and championed his cause from the smoke or thereabouts, shares in citibank,, a relative maybe!

Do we all trust people so blindly that we know nothing about?

Must be on the payroll somewhere!

Maybe sits in the away directors box near his uncle speccy for his gold card?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 2:58 pm

I agree with X Isle accepted to disagree, move on, back on thread.

Anthony O'Connor turns down a permanent deal with Plymouth but is keen on a loan return

Anthony O'Connor has been a consistent performer for Argyle this season

ANTHONY O’CONNOR has turned down the chance of a permanent transfer to Plymouth Argyle.

The Pilgrims had an offer for the 22-year-old utility player accepted by Championship club Blackburn Rovers.

They were ready to pay a small fee for O’Connor but he wants to keep his options open until the summer, when he will be a free agent.

Argyle manager John Sheridan is now trying to arrange for the former Republic of Ireland under-21 international to return to Home Park on loan until the end of the season.

O’Connor is keen on a new loan deal with Argyle, but it is not expected to be completed before they play fifth-placed Luton Town at Home Park on Saturday (3pm).

Sheridan also remains interested in re-signing Bristol City midfielder Bobby Reid.

Reid impressed during a three-month stint with the Pilgrims but returned to the League One outfit when his loan ended after the 0-0 draw away to York City on January 3

O’Connor has made a total of 27 starts and two substitute appearances for Argyle this season, mainly in a midfield holding role but also in the centre of defence.

After playing for the Pilgrims against Southend, he lined up for Blackburn when they beat Aston Villa 3-2 in an Under-21 Premier League Cup tie on Monday.

Sheridan told Herald Sport: “We have offered Anthony O’Connor a permanent deal and he doesn’t want to sign a permanent deal – at any club.

“He wants to keep his options open, but he’s very happy here and wants to stay. He’s really enjoying his football.

“With total respect to the chairman (James Brent), he was willing to pay the bit of money that Blackburn wanted, but it’s Anthony’s decision.

“He has gone back to Blackburn and we are just trying to sort out a deal to get him until the end of the season on loan.”

Sheridan added: “We like Anthony as a player. He’s keeping his options open and that’s his decision.

“But I’m hoping we have still got a chance of getting him (on loan). If there is, I would like to think it will be done next week.

“Likewise with Bobby. If there is a chance, I would like it to be done next week, because if there isn’t I have got to look elsewhere and bring other people in.”

Reid scored two goals for Bristol City when they beat Brentford 5-2 in an under-21s game at their training ground on Monday.

He could not be included among the substitutes when the Robins played their FA Cup third round replay against Doncaster Rovers at Ashton Gate on Tuesday because of competition rules.

As Reid was with Argyle, not his parent club, when Bristol City drew 1-1 with Doncaster at the Keepmoat Stadium on January 3 he was ineligible for the rematch.

Meanwhile, the three-month loan of Bolton Wanderers left wing-back Andy Kellett will end after the visit of Luton to Home Park.

Sheridan wants to retain Kellett’s services until the end of the season but, as yet, there is no agreement in place.

“We are in the process of trying to keep him here,” said the Pilgrims’ boss.

“The three of them (O’Connor, Reid and Kellett) have done well. If they had done poorly we wouldn’t even be having this conversation.

“They are all very happy here and want to stay. We are just working hard to get around the snags which are stopping us from doing it.

“Hopefully, we can do something

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 4:21 pm

Bit of a risk from O'Connor that one.

I can see where he's coming from his financial position, if he signs here or elsewhere in the summer as a free agent he'll get a bigger slice of the pie. We'll still have to give Blackburn a 'compensation' payment I guess as he's under 24 but the signing on fee for a free agent is surely bigger than as a contracted player.

However, what if he gets injured? Surely it's better to have contract security.

I'm sure it'll be considered evidence of us being a 'tin/piss pot' club by some but his willingness to come back on loan to take him up to his Blackburn contract expiry would seem to counter that.

What would worry me is the combination of those last two points. He comes back but starts preserving his worth by dropping his game a few percent, bottling tackles etc. A holding midfielder needs to give 100% and the prospect of him 'doing a Capaldi' doesn't fill me with joy.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 4:30 pm

I wonder why he has refused a proper deal, regardless of Blackburn Rovers accepting Argyle's offer.

Perhaps he wants to see what league Argyle are in next season before he commits himself to life down here or he is/was using Argyle as a shop window for himself.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 4:34 pm

I can't see why he hasn't been offered a permanent deal until the end of the season, If we're promoted and he and the club are happy to thrash out a new contract, all well and good, if not he/the club can look elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 4:52 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
I can't see why he hasn't been offered a permanent deal until the end of the season, If we're promoted and he and the club are happy to thrash out a new contract, all well and good, if not he/the club can look elsewhere.

I think he wishes to use Argyle as a shop window to further his own career and that is not cricket tbh [especially as Argyle have made an offer to sign him], JS should say sod off mate and look for another player.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 5:00 pm

he refused to sign perm here because he ants to play in a side thats going places. As much as Sheridan is putting up a good fight against massive handicaps of having brent as an owner no one is going to sign here and just make do with league 2 football because that matches the ambition of the board.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next