Les Miserable
sufferedsince 68
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
zyph

zyph

O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 5:09 pm

Bristol City have just signed on loan George Saville from Wolves until the end of the season....he is a mid-fielder.....could mean that Bobby Reid isn't so fancied anymore at City by Cottrell and he could be coming back....maybe....lets hope so.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 5:23 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
anto70 wrote:
i regularly keep up to date with this forum but never comment, here is the situation with anthony, blackburn accepted an offer for him from northamton which he turned down.he wanted to stay at plymouth for the remainder of the season.blackburn refused.they said they want him back monday at 3.30 to play for their u21. v aston villa they have no other plans for him only to play 21s for the rest of his contract.that is the only reason they have called him back.SPITE,also john sheridan has tried for  3 weeks now to change blackburns decision but they are not budging.got this information from his family.
Interesting- and again, it's good news if true that it isn't PAFC's fault and it's good news that O'Connor WANTED to come to us.

BUT it's terrible and it's blood-curdlingly frustrating that circumstances have conspired against us in this way if true.
WTF!! of course its Argyles fault o'connors gone back! nothings conspired as you like to call it only lack of ambition. match northamptons offer and it looks like O'connor would sign for Argyle!
Well this is clearly what we've done in terms of agreeing a permanent fee with Blackburn and fair play to JB for doing so. Credit where credit is due.

It now seems that AOC doesn't want to move to any club at all- which in all due fairness I can see his point. It's a short career and he doesn't want to be tied down to anyone when he could quite easily get some very good offers when he's a free agent in the summer. It doesn't mean he won't give 100% to whichever club he's with, it probably just means he knows he could quite easily get a good League One offer in the summer and doesn't want to commit himself long-term to a League Two side who are on the precipice of the play-offs. That's understandable.

I guess all that remains now is whether Blackburn will decide that letting him go out on loan is better than him faffing about in their reserves for five months. Let's sit tight and hope they see sense in that regard.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 5:30 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:
I can't see why he hasn't been offered a permanent deal until the end of the season, If we're promoted and he and the club are happy to thrash out a new contract, all well and good, if not he/the club can look elsewhere.

I think he wishes to use Argyle as a shop window to further his own career and that is not cricket tbh [especially as Argyle have made an offer to sign him], JS should say sod off mate and look for another player.

He's more than welcome to use us "as a shop window to further his own career" as much as he wants as long as he plays well for us and hopefully helps us get promoted.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 6:07 pm

O'connors obviously looking for a ambitious club, not a mid table bucket rattling fourth division and loving it one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 6:21 pm

Maybe one look inside the Pyramid Suite pre-match is enough for any player to realize the real intentions of this bucket rattling 'wannabe' someone mentality prevalent at PAFC.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 6:29 pm

Anything to fit the narrative I guess but all the noises being made by Sheridan and by O'Connor\s camp seem to be that he doesn't want to sign for anyone on a permenant deal.

This is a player who's blossomed throughout the season and when his contract is out could quite easily get a League One offer. It makes sense for him not to sign for any club 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th in League Two. That logic would hold if we had a different owner or if we didn't hold fan fests.

I know of two players by the way who attended the Christmas Party at the GT suite and both stayed into the evening under no obligation. It would be nice if every football player ever thought like suffered and punchdrunk but in the grand scheme of things I'm not sure how much the right pre-match ambience fits into their priority list.

If we hadn't made an offer that Blackburn accepted at all, I would be as frustrated as you. As is stands, that hasn't happened. We've made a bid but he wants to keep his options open so I have to say credit where it's due. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 7:13 pm

if we were at the top of the table beating everyone then he might come. Its probably the same as before his agent is behind his decision.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 7:35 pm

All the Presidents Men wrote:
X Isle wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Quote: 'I'm unaware of anyone ever being banned from PASOTI for simply having a different view from anyone else. Trolling and rule breaking yes. '

Shocked    laugh

X throbber knows nool will be reading, so he thought some serious bum licking might save him from "logging in difficulties" X throbber is the true captain Wankspasm.

....or it could just be that was my own opinion on things of course Wink

Ian and I have never, shall we say, been the greatest fans of each other, studious observers will know that. But, unlike he and most on here (some of you really do share similar traits to him), I don't hold grudges and prefer a live and let live outlook.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn though eh, think what you like though, you normally do Laughing

Like you do yourself!

You've got previous mate which makes you a hypocrite of the highest order -

"I don't hold grudges and prefer a live and let live outlook."

You was in bed with porky and his mates when Brent came on the scene and i noted you did not like anyone with an alternative view about speccy or the proposed mini stand as it was, resorting to calling all opponents "shouties!"

Live and let live?

Now, you cannot admit you backed the wrong horse, the more observant of us note your worm is slowly turning bit by bit - you don't fool anyone on here pal!!!
Was there more than 1 horse then? Perhaps there was a secret horse, you, but when the bidding got above 15p you pulled out.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 7:45 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
O'connors obviously looking for a ambitious club, not a mid table bucket rattling fourth division and loving it one.
Have you talked to him then? What AOC is doing is clear to most people with even 1 brain cell. I'm going Trago tomorrow shall I pick up a cell for you.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 7:53 pm

Just my Opinion, Reid has gone O'connor has gone after saturday Kellett will be gone, none of these will be coming back, the Brent regime knew this would be the case but have done nothing, a new striker was rumoured to be joining two weeks ago before the York game what happened? three good players gone, one reserve from MK Dons signed for a month? Does this look like a club going for promotion? i would say not... i will let Green Sam and Tiger Tony, Trust in Green Jim.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 7:59 pm

tigertony wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Have you talked to him then? What AOC is doing is clear to most people with even 1 brain cell. I'm going Trago tomorrow shall I pick up a cell for you.
No need to be unpleasant Tony, O'connors like me being polite, he has no intention of joining a non ambitious club like Argyle.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 9:42 pm

I'm not massive impressed by this window so far but I'll give credit where it's due that we made a bid for O'Connor which Blackburn accepted. Bobby was also not loaned out due to a Bristol City loan player who was recalled by his club.

I'll criticise where it's due and give credit where it's due. The sale of Hourihane for such paltry sum as £200k is something which upset me greatly and which I said at the time to be 'so very Argyle'. We should have kept him or at least held out for a valuation which our manager felt appropriate (as he revealed to the press before he swiftly retracted his moan). I'm not scared to criticise if needs be- losing Hourihane so easily was pretty awful to my eyes. Indefensible, even. However, I do think we've done all we can with these two loan players. I struggle to see how we could have done more in either situation, considering we did what you and I both asked for the club to do.

It could be that, this time next week, we have both of them on loan. Or if not then I'll reserve judgement until the end of the window to see who we bring in. I do think though that you'll be secretly disappointed if they do join for proving you wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5