Les Miserable
sufferedsince 68
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 5:49 pm

GreenSam wrote:
anto70 wrote:
i regularly keep up to date with this forum but never comment, here is the situation with anthony, blackburn accepted an offer for him from northamton which he turned down.he wanted to stay at plymouth for the remainder of the season.blackburn refused.they said they want him back monday at 3.30 to play for their u21. v aston villa they have no other plans for him only to play 21s for the rest of his contract.that is the only reason they have called him back.SPITE,also john sheridan has tried for  3 weeks now to change blackburns decision but they are not budging.got this information from his family.
Interesting- and again, it's good news if true that it isn't PAFC's fault and it's good news that O'Connor WANTED to come to us.

BUT it's terrible and it's blood-curdlingly frustrating that circumstances have conspired against us in this way if true.
WTF!! of course its Argyles fault o'connors gone back! nothings conspired as you like to call it only lack of ambition. match northamptons offer and it looks like O'connor would sign for Argyle!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 5:51 pm

He in the team for tonight game.

ROVERS: Raya, Nyambe, Spurr, Bauress, O'Connor, O'Connell, O'Sullivan (c), Carson, Rittenberg, Slew, Mahoney.

Subs: Doyle, Crump, Lavelle, Wall, Preston
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 6:05 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
anto70 wrote:
i regularly keep up to date with this forum but never comment, here is the situation with anthony, blackburn accepted an offer for him from northamton which he turned down.he wanted to stay at plymouth for the remainder of the season.blackburn refused.they said they want him back monday at 3.30 to play for their u21. v aston villa they have no other plans for him only to play 21s for the rest of his contract.that is the only reason they have called him back.SPITE,also john sheridan has tried for  3 weeks now to change blackburns decision but they are not budging.got this information from his family.
Interesting- and again, it's good news if true that it isn't PAFC's fault and it's good news that O'Connor WANTED to come to us.

BUT it's terrible and it's blood-curdlingly frustrating that circumstances have conspired against us in this way if true.
WTF!! of course its Argyles fault o'connors gone back! nothings conspired as you like to call it only lack of ambition. match northamptons offer and it looks like O'connor would sign for Argyle!
That's one way of looking at it. The other way is that the player wants to sign for us and only Blackburn's refusal to accept the bid is stopping it.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 6:10 pm

GreenSam wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
anto70 wrote:

That's one way of looking at it. The other way is that the player wants to sign for us and only Blackburn's refusal to accept the bid is stopping it.
Really? and tell me if we make the same offer that blackburn accepted from northampton, why would they turn that down?
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 6:14 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
anto70 wrote:

Really? and tell me if we make the same offer that blackburn accepted from northampton, why would they turn that down?
If we were being outbid consistently and players were regularly choosing other clubs ahead of Argyle, then I'd fully agree with you. This is a player who we have had on loan terms for half a season, have bid to have on (presumably) the same terms for another half a season for a player who wants to join us. This would almost certainly, it seems, have gone ahead if not for Northampton's involvement. And we're presumably being shafted because Blackburn are being greedy about losing 100% of the wages rather than 75% of the wages. It's not a black and white scenario. When I say it's not the club's fault, what I mean by it is that the club had previously agreed terms that would have been acceptable if not for this new influence. It's not as if we were never close the terms required.

But yes, the club could do more in terms of matching Northampton's offer to ensure his signing I guess.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 6:19 pm

GreenSam wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
anto70 wrote:

If we were being outbid consistently and players were regularly choosing other clubs ahead of Argyle, then I'd fully agree with you. This is a player who we have had on loan terms for half a season, have bid to have on (presumably) the same terms for another half a season for a player who wants to join us. This would almost certainly, it seems, have gone ahead if not for Northampton's involvement. And we're presumably being shafted because Blackburn are being greedy about losing 100% of the wages rather than 75% of the wages. It's not a black and white scenario. When I say it's not the club's fault, what I mean by it is that the club had previously agreed terms that would have been acceptable if not for this new influence. It's not as if we were never close the terms required.

But yes, the club could do more in terms of matching Northampton's offer to ensure his signing I guess.
Sam it seems very black and white to me, match Northamptons offer and Oconnor would sign for Argyle,Perhaps the real reason brent wont match their offer is he's hoping to find a cheaper option? that i could believe.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 6:32 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Do you mean the same sort of tolerance emanating from the farm for the last decade, without which ATD wouldn't exist ?

The same decade that has witnessed the predictable demise of the club, alongside the rise of the superfan who will never hear a bad word spoken about Stapes, Brent or any other suit with the keys to the sweetie shop ?

Yeah, that's the stuff.

I'm unaware of anyone ever being banned from PASOTI for simply having a different view from anyone else. Trolling and rule breaking yes. Besides most ATDers are here by own choice because they don't like 'the other site' either for it's closeness to the club, it's lack of dissenting voices, how it is run or a combination of all three. Most weren't drifting in the wilderness without a voice due to some genuine wrong that was done to them.

I don't consider the demise of the club over the last decade was predictable at all. If folk were so profoundly 'all seeing' to know we going to run up £17,000,000 of debts then they shouldn't have been haranguing "Staplewallet" to "spend spend spend", "speculate to accumulate", "seek investors" or "build it and they'll come" should they Wink

I don't get this 'superfan' thing either, there are just degrees of opinion, shades of tint. Captain Wankspasm at one end, the more militant element of this site at the other. Everyone chooses to go where they feel more comfortable, it's why he's there and you're here. Vive la difference.

It's just different opinions, different interpretations and different tints. For me everyone under the same umbrella, Argyle fans, none 'better' than any other. It's the one thing that i'm equally at odds with with both this site and PASOTI, you both hate each others guts but I can tolerate and accept you both, warts 'n' all Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 6:47 pm

Back on thread. Considering most, if not all of Blackburn's players out on loan appear to have gone back to Blackburn, it would suggest it's more a case of the club running an eye over their players. Some of these players may be required by Blackburn, sold on or go back out on loan.

The poster suggesting an interest from Northampton may well be right but the story doesn't seem to be on any other media.
Back to top Go down
anto70

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 7:22 pm

An update on last nights post, plymouth have offered blackburn (a lump sum,dont know how much)for anthony for the remainder of the season,i spoke to anthony today and he wants to return.the ball is in blacburns court now
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 7:30 pm

Good news if true, thanks for the update Wink
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 8:11 pm

The pisspot owner do not believe you. onto70

IJN

Post subject: Re: Re: O'Connor returns to Ewood for now
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:52 pm

Or it could all be a load of bollox.

Problem is when rumours are concocted on Twitter, Facebook or elsewhere and then some quotes that rumour, it becomes a series of internet facts.
Back to top Go down
anto70

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 8:36 pm

I am giving you this information as true facts to stop all the speculation,i speak to anthony nearly every day for updates on his situation.tuesday or wednesday will tell a lot as his agent is meeting with blackburn.o by the way anthony is my nephew.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 8:42 pm

anto70 wrote:
I am giving you this information as true facts to stop all the speculation,i speak to anthony nearly every day for updates on his situation.tuesday or wednesday will tell a lot as his agent is meeting with blackburn.o by the way anthony is my nephew.

Trouble with him, he thinks he is a thinks he is bees knees.

ATD will take you at your word, by the way what the score for the Under 21 tonight.
Back to top Go down
anto70

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 8:47 pm

2,2 five to go
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 9:23 pm

anto70 wrote:
2,2 five to go

Finish, Blackburn won 3-2 against Aston Villa
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 11:58 pm

anto70 wrote:

Thanks for the info anto70 and welcome to the site.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 12:03 am

Match report for Blackburn u21s v Villa u21s-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 12:34 am

anto70 wrote:
An update on last nights post, plymouth have offered blackburn (a lump sum,dont know how much)for anthony for the remainder of the season,i spoke to anthony today and he wants to return.the ball is in blacburns court now
Keeping all fingers and toes crossed that this is true.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 12:36 am

Tgwu wrote:
The pisspot owner do not believe you. onto70

IJN

Post subject: Re: Re: O'Connor returns to Ewood for now
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:52 pm

Or it could all be a load of bollox.

Problem is when rumours are concocted on Twitter, Facebook or elsewhere and then some quotes that rumour, it becomes a series of internet facts.

Coming from him that is quite amusing
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 1:13 am

But the League Two club are not thought to be in a position to pay a transfer fee for him. Mad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 2:12 am

Brent wouldnt pay £10 for the 'new messi' !!!!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 8:18 am

Quote: 'I'm unaware of anyone ever being banned from PASOTI for simply having a different view from anyone else. Trolling and rule breaking yes. '

Shocked laugh
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 9:34 am

Tringreen wrote:
Quote: 'I'm unaware of anyone ever being banned from PASOTI for simply having a different view from anyone else. Trolling and rule breaking yes. '

Shocked    laugh

Trollgreen, you should have known that Argyle would naturally progress because clubs like Southampton, Leeds, Cardiff and Norwich had gone into debt and would never break into the top divisions again. And slow organic growth was so obviously the way to go, Stapes told us. Why on earth couldn't you see these basic truths? Yoom naaaaat a praaaaper fan, rather drink a pint of piss! laugh
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 11:24 am

Les Miserable wrote:

But the League Two club are not thought to be in a position to pay a transfer fee for him.  Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Twisted Evil  Rolling Eyes

I'm feeling your frustration Les, where's the ambition needed to get us out of this division, can't compete with Northampton FFS, we had 11k+ against Oxford the other day and with another healthy crowd predicted against Luton on Saturday surely that's sufficient to provide the 50-100k? needed to sign O'connor who seems desperate to come back to us, on a permanent basis. It must be so frustrating for Sheridan, scratching around for loans all the time must be soul destroying with his begging bowl budget.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 11:43 am

Greenskin wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Shocked    laugh

Trollgreen, you should have known that Argyle would naturally progress because clubs like Southampton, Leeds, Cardiff and Norwich had gone into debt and would never break into the top divisions again. And slow organic growth was so obviously the way to go, Stapes told us. Why on earth couldn't you see these basic truths? Yoom naaaaat a praaaaper fan, rather drink a pint of piss! laugh

laugh  Indeed. Just before I was banned, I did mention that in the event of Argiggle gaining promotion to the PL while Stapes was involved, that I would walk from Tring to Plymouth and buy all Pasoti members present, a pint and a pasty. Cholwell was happy to accept the invitation but several others said they would prefer to drink piss than take a drink off Tringy laugh
'You wouldn't believe how many complaints we poor mods have received concerning Tringy's predictions of doom'.
'Bleddy one trick pony !' pig
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.   O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

O;CONNORS GONE BACK TO BLACKBURN.
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next