Kellett to stay Empty
PostSubject: Kellett to stay   Kellett to stay EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 5:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good news, decent player.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Kellett to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kellett to stay   Kellett to stay EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 5:46 pm

I like him, miserable Les is happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Kellett to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kellett to stay   Kellett to stay EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 6:25 pm

Good news. He's deffo one of the 'yes's when you ask if he could cut it in the league above. Sign him on Shez Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

Kellett to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kellett to stay   Kellett to stay EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 6:41 pm

Agreed, good news.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Kellett to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kellett to stay   Kellett to stay EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 7:23 pm

Good news but only if used in the right context. In spite of some flashes of genius up the pitch, for me he's still very awkward defensively and one of the weak links in away games. No doubt he has a bright future but there's a reason far more opposition attacks go down his side than Mellor's.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Kellett to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kellett to stay   Kellett to stay EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 7:37 pm

Greenskin wrote:

Greensam you do not read other threads[ rendeer
Back to top Go down

Kellett to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kellett to stay   Kellett to stay EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 7:37 pm

So one more month and it's over for good?
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Kellett to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kellett to stay   Kellett to stay EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 8:51 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Greensam you do not read other threads[ rendeer
Tgwu you do not read the names of posters[ rendeer
Back to top Go down

Kellett to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kellett to stay   Kellett to stay EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 10:59 pm

Yeah I agree with Sam, decent attacking outlet but can be concerning defensively. Home games is fine but not keen on his use away from home. Much rather have a more defensively capable full back like Purrington in there for away games.

I like him but I'd much rather use him as a winger than a wing back. Undecided if this is good news or not, I think it is so long as we use him carefully. He has the potential to be one hell of a player.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Kellett to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kellett to stay   Kellett to stay EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 12:57 pm

Good for the player and good for the Argyle team - end of!
Back to top Go down

Kellett to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kellett to stay   Kellett to stay EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 3:36 pm

ejh wrote:
So one more month and it's over for good?

No just under the current 90 day emergency loan agreement. We could re sign him onloan in Jan which i hope we do he is a very good player.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

Kellett to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kellett to stay   Kellett to stay EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 12:08 am

Decent link of his goal courtesy of in-laws.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

Kellett to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kellett to stay   Kellett to stay EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 11:21 am

Wow! Consider GoTS closed.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Kellett to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kellett to stay   Kellett to stay EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 11:52 am

Andy Kellett is named in the Football League Team of the Week, this includes the Championship, L1 and L2.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thumbs
Back to top Go down

Kellett to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kellett to stay   Kellett to stay EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 11:55 am

green_genie wrote:

Decent link of his goal courtesy of in-laws.

Up there with That Trigger header, Marino's 40 yard grasscutter against Darlo, and wotton's million MPH free-kick against the sheep-shaggers, imho,
Back to top Go down

Kellett to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kellett to stay   Kellett to stay EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 4:28 pm

The finish was sublime, are you sure he plays for Argyle? Blimey, seriously good one man goal.
Back to top Go down

Kellett to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kellett to stay   Kellett to stay EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 6:45 pm

its going to be tough to re sign him in jan if he keeps scoring goals like that.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Kellett to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kellett to stay   Kellett to stay EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 6:48 pm

That is a brilliant goal by any standards, credit to shez fer signing the bhey.
Back to top Go down

Kellett to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kellett to stay   Kellett to stay EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 7:20 pm

Still the best one I have personally seen
Back to top Go down

Kellett to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kellett to stay   Kellett to stay EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 7:23 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:

Such a shame he is such a lazy fecker and wont leave man city to play regular football because of the money he is on. Wasted talent.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Kellett to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kellett to stay   Kellett to stay EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 7:32 pm

The two best goals I have ever seen us score were both scored on the same day by the same player!

Mark Stuart away at West Ham on Aug Bank Holiday Monday scored two absolute screamers.

For the first he dribbled past a few defenders and then launched an unstoppable shot from distance that flashed past a despairing 'keeper. And then to prove it was no fluke he did it again. Unbelievable brilliance. Twice.

All for nought though as we lost 3-2.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

Kellett to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kellett to stay   Kellett to stay EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 8:32 pm

Angry wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

Such a shame he is such a lazy fecker and wont leave man city to play regular football because of the money he is on. Wasted talent.

A bit harsh Angry. He had the opportunity to join an elite club and earn a fortune in the process, he's be an idiot to turn that down. He's been unable to break into the side, which is probably down to the way that Man City (and many other of these elite clubs) horde talented players without the intention of ever really using them. As far as I'm aware, once he realised that opportunities in the Man City first team weren't coming he was pretty keen to get out on loan. He had his loan spell at West Brom where he did okay given his lack of football over the previous year and a half, though I think he struggled with injury also.

Regarding Kellett's goal, it was bloody brilliant to see from the stands. Agreed with Punchie that Scotty's was better, but I've not seen an Argyle player glide round the opposition like Kellett did since Sinclair. More of the same please!
Back to top Go down

Kellett to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kellett to stay   Kellett to stay EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 8:49 pm

spowell92 wrote:
Angry wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

A bit harsh Angry. He had the opportunity to join an elite club and earn a fortune in the process, he's be an idiot to turn that down. He's been unable to break into the side, which is probably down to the way that Man City (and many other of these elite clubs) horde talented players without the intention of ever really using them. As far as I'm aware, once he realised that opportunities in the Man City first team weren't coming he was pretty keen to get out on loan. He had his loan spell at West Brom where he did okay given his lack of football over the previous year and a half, though I think he struggled with injury also.

Regarding Kellett's goal, it was bloody brilliant to see from the stands. Agreed with Punchie that Scotty's was better, but I've not seen an Argyle player glide round the opposition like Kellett did since Sinclair. More of the same please!

He left a club where he was playing regularly and well and on the verge of breaking into the England squad to join Man City and that isnt a bad career move but when He cant even make the bench for Man City reserves in the 3 years he has been there and has no future at that club he should have been begging for a move away and not on loan. As i say he is too lazy and greedy now like Wayne Bridge was before him. As i say he is wasting his career and talent.

As for Scotts goal in the vid (as good as it was) he scored a better one at home park that i saw from the now closed terracing in the mayflower that was similar but better. ill try and find the vid
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Kellett to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kellett to stay   Kellett to stay EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 9:06 pm

I think it was against Palace.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

Kellett to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kellett to stay   Kellett to stay EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 9:12 pm

Angry wrote:
spowell92 wrote:
Angry wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

He left a club where he was playing regularly and well and on the verge of breaking into the England squad to join Man City and that isnt a bad career move but when He cant even make the bench for Man City reserves in the 3 years he has been there and has no future at that club he should have been begging for a move away and not on loan. As i say he is too lazy and greedy now like Wayne Bridge was before him. As i say he is wasting his career and talent.

As for Scotts goal in the vid (as good as it was) he scored a better one at home park that i saw from the now closed terracing in the mayflower that was similar but better. ill try and find the vid

He's been tied into a massive contract, one that few clubs could afford to pay off. Saying that he should have turned down a move to Man City, where he would have gone believing he could be an important part of the first team, to stay at Swansea is like saying we should turn down a new 30,000 seater stadium to go with Brent's HHP-lite. Blame clubs like Man City and the system that allows them to horde all of the great talent rather than blaming the player.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kellett to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kellett to stay   Kellett to stay Empty

Back to top Go down

Kellett to stay
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next